Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Rocca
is Finding Forever.

Member 609

Level 10.62

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2007, 07:23 PM #76 of 95
I'll etch the unetchasble, [RENTON X EUREKA], Colapse the Uncolapseable [the entire sol universe], RAW RAW, FIGHT-DA-PAWA!
Hah, genius! Did anyone try that 320kbps torrent? The filename's are screwy and don't work. Anyway, the soundtrack is wondrous, can't wait for the main OST stores in Chinatown downtown to finally get a few copies and I'm there.

DO the impossible, SEE the invisible...
Spoiler:

Also, regarding the earlier posts concerning Simon becoming a hobo, I didn't see it in that manner whatsoever. If anything, he's just playing his cards right, knowing when to back out. Humanity got where it could with him and couldn't without, now's time for him to stop tempering and watch them in the background.

Btw, anyone catch Simon's spiral eye? That was pretty sweet.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2007, 12:35 PM Local time: Oct 4, 2007, 09:35 AM #77 of 95
Nikopol, "Libera Me" from Hell, and To Hell with Gattai! are the tracks I've played the most so far. Needless to say, Viral's theme is my favorite out of the three, but the soundtrack as a whole is pretty damn good.

I heard there was an OVA in the works, but not much information other than that was hinted at on a few anime news sites.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Rocca
is Finding Forever.

Member 609

Level 10.62

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2007, 09:57 PM #78 of 95
Nikopol, "Libera Me" from Hell, and To Hell with Gattai! are the tracks I've played the most so far. Needless to say, Viral's theme is my favorite out of the three, but the soundtrack as a whole is pretty damn good.

I heard there was an OVA in the works, but not much information other than that was hinted at on a few anime news sites.
Most notably here; GAINAX NETbWorksbAnimation & Filmsb“VŒ³“Ë”j ƒOƒŒƒ“ƒ‰ƒKƒ“

Most amazing jew boots

wilflare
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 5218

Level 2.62

Apr 2006

Old Oct 6, 2007, 10:13 PM Local time: Oct 7, 2007, 11:13 AM #79 of 95
boy.. it's kinda weird having weekends without Gurren Lagann. one of my fav [probably fav] series this season! [probably for awhile too]

the soundtrack's awesome. rawraw fight the power [though when i first heard it, i thought it's roar roar Oo]

FELIPE NO
kouji
Carob Nut

Member 4028

Level 3.93

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2007, 06:44 PM #80 of 95
I just finished watching this series, and it was just full of awesomeness throughout the whole time!

I think the pacing was well done, and it seemed like they went to the point right on, rather than dragging the whole story line like, Naruto or Bleach series. (in which I stopped watching really long time ago..)

Anyway, the ending was satisfying and I am really glad that Gainax didn't ruin the series by making crazy endings..(Such as Mahoromatic, for example)

But seriously, some of the later episodes almost made me shiever, and not many animes do that. XD

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Thanks to Minoko for such an awesome sig/ava combo!
Marina
Bear-ri-con

Member 13607

Level 8.62

Oct 2006

Old Oct 24, 2007, 07:51 AM Local time: Oct 24, 2007, 07:51 PM #81 of 95
I've just started watching it, and I really enjoy it so far.
The 6th EP (DVD version) is the most hilarious EP ever in any anime I've seen in my life, that censor scene is way too funny.
The 6th one in TV can't match this one, it's a must see episode. ^_^

I've finished it and it's really great one.
It's ashame for Kittan, he's my most fav characters in this series.
Spoiler:
I expected that Kamina will kiss Yoko (when he come to wake her up to the reality in EP26) and have his speech like "We'll have it 100 times better in the next time I see you" something like that,lol

Anyway......Why the heck they've to make the characters chin from > to ],lol. Rosieu is the ugliest....even than his father.

How ya doing, buddy?
Sorry for being an idiot in GRAMMAR.
I don't use English as my first language.

Last edited by Marina; Oct 28, 2007 at 04:33 AM.
jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2007, 01:32 PM #82 of 95
Great show. I had this on my 'to watch' list when I read that it had mechas with huge faces but I didn't get to watch it until recently. Great show, I'm up to episode 19 with Order. It's killing me that they keep getting slower with releases, especially at this point of the show when things keep getting more climatic.

I just grabbed the soundtrack "Best Sound CD 1 & 2" and it's pretty cool. Btw, is there's a missing track? In episode 1, when Kamina first meets Yoko and he flirts with her, the song played at that time isn't on the track. It has fast violions in it. Is that song on some other sound track?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nabhan
Good Chocobo

Member 679

Level 17.09

Mar 2006

Old Dec 11, 2007, 04:50 PM Local time: Dec 11, 2007, 05:50 PM #83 of 95
The new face of Britain? Flag poll results - Telegraph

Massive lols

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Dec 11, 2007, 11:07 PM #84 of 95
Holy shit, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Roku
Looking towards a better tomorrow

Member 1255

Level 10.12

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2007, 02:17 AM #85 of 95
Yeah, just found out about that today too... probably the most memorable internet event I've seen in a long time. To commemorate, I'm creating this: The Nation of GARUK

I was speaking idiomatically.
Acacia
Chocobo

Member 1401

Level 12.13

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2007, 12:05 AM #86 of 95
Watched the entire series in the span of a few weeks, and DAMN is TTGL amazing~

Although, at the beginning, I definitely got a 'Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter' vibe from it, but it completely deviates from it.

Gotta say, this is probably one of the best anime series I've ever watched, up to par with Cowboy Bebop and whatnot. I really enjoyed the plot and the animation was fuckin' amazin'. Especially loved the use of multiple lines, and the scenes without any color <3. The character development of Simon was great too

Spoiler:
watching him grow from an insecure kid to a hero as the series went on. Having Kamina die at the beginning was a TOTAL 'no wai' moment for me (after the shock wore out, I honestly expected Gainax to pull a 'oh-wait-there's-a-clone-of-him' or some other bullshit), but it was done beautifully

The deaths of the rest of the Gurren-dan, Kittan's sacrifice, and then Nia's disappearance...gah, everything about this show is awesome.

There's a manga being scanlated (onemanga.com), and I heard there's novels as well. I definitely would like to see more 'official' TTGL stuff, but it'll definitely be difficult to top the anime!

Oh yeah: the links to the episodes in the first post don't work anymore. Does anyone have direct downloads of the first arc (excluding bleachexile; those episodes have weird subtitle encoding)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 4, 2008, 02:07 PM Local time: Jan 4, 2008, 02:07 PM #87 of 95
Overview of my opinion:
Ep 8 or so, Kamina died. I heard folks say that the anime goes downhill after that episode.

True, it didn't feel nearly as interesting after Kamina died, but I think it evolved quite nicely. It became a very realistic representation of Simon becoming a maaaaaaaan~ =U He went from being a coward on his own to a coward fighting alongside Kamina. Then he had to get back up on his feet after Kamina's death and deal with things on his own.

The character deaths outside of Kamina didn't phase me. I didn't feel connected to ANY of the characters. I'm sorry to say that the only animes with deaths that got to me are Legend of Galactic Heroes & Gungrave. The latter did a wonderful job of making you feel connected to a few of the characters.

One forced thing -- Boota evolving. wtf is this furry shit. Thankfully the creators ENTIRELY forgot about that after that scene. It was pointless, worthless, and ignored. It should've been removed altogether.

Some folks have gripes with the 20 years later thing, but I think it MADE the anime, for me. I thought it was an alright anime up to that point. I was deleting the episodes as I go. I saw the end of the anime and kinda sat there for a bit. I was a bit grumpy about Nia fading away, but it was a creative ending.

Then I rewatched the epilogue. Again. And again. I find myself appreciating how very well done this ending was. Simon pierced the heavens, and stuck to his roots as a digger. They showed quite often that Simon isn't meant for being a politician or an official, and I figured he'd either die (unlikely) or fade in to obscurity. They did it so god damn WELL, though =D

It's good to see that he knew about Nia disappearing. It'd be horrible if he had no clue and it happened. He seemed to enter a state of acceptance and was grateful for their time together. It could've been a tragic ending if they removed a few lines and altered Simon's reaction, but they made it just bittersweet.

I might very well redownload it in the future. But episode 27 is remaining RIGHT where I left it. I'm downloading the soundtrack, since that tune in particular when old Simon shows up is caught on my mind.

Also, I like how it had Simon chatting with Kamina, even commenting on him being taller. Simon became very, very much like Kamina (not as crude or hilarious sadly ), but it was very nice. Plus, in the wedding scene, he was the spitting image of his "big brother", despite there not being a blood relation.

FELIPE NO
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Last edited by Gechmir; Jan 4, 2008 at 02:09 PM.
Roku
Looking towards a better tomorrow

Member 1255

Level 10.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2008, 10:37 PM #88 of 95
Hey, for the guys who haven't heard yet... Looks like there's going to be a GURREN LAGANN MOVIE coming out.

Theatrical Version of Gurren Lagann Pre-Announced (Updated) - Anime News Network

Which really makes me curious how they are going to tackle it... If it would be a continuation/addentum to the anime (ie what happens between timeskips, etc.), or a completely different plot with same characters (so similar to the RahXephon and Vision of Escaflowne movies)?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2008, 11:25 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2008, 11:25 PM #89 of 95
Two possibilities come to mind --
1) A summary movie. A few anime have done this (ie: Touch) where the movie is basically an uber-compacted version of the series. But that'd be pretty fuckin' quick to make.

2) Something following everyone at the end of the series
Spoiler:
Gimmy and Darry maybe? Ugh.

Anyhow. I'm not looking forward to it. We'll see if it pans out to anything decent. The series ended quite nicely and doesn't need to be tampered with.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

kainlightwind
Good Chocobo

Member 120

Level 17.77

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2008, 09:13 PM Local time: May 4, 2008, 08:13 PM #90 of 95
I would say it will turn into a Cowboy Bebop type movie.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2008, 03:49 PM #91 of 95
Wow, what the hell. I just checked my TV guide thing and apparently Sci-Fi's Ani-Monday block has Gurren Lagann's first two episodes airing, starting at 11:01 EST.

Just thought I'd let everyone know.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Jul 28, 2008 at 04:47 PM.
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2008, 03:58 PM Local time: Jul 28, 2008, 03:58 PM #92 of 95
Fuckin' FAST.

Also, Scifi has an anime day?... I remember the anime movies in the summer YEARS ago, but that was it...

They'll blur all of Yoko's body and all of the scenes with Boota hiding in her jubblies :x

Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2008, 04:16 PM #93 of 95
I knew about anime mondays but only caught it like two times with anime's that didn't interest me.
I don't think they'll censor anything out though. The first two episodes don't have any side boobs or ass shots or any of the sort. Just some cleavage from that one girl. If they cut anything out they'll probably just do it to add in some adverts.
Anyways, I'll check it out to see how the dub stands out.

How ya doing, buddy?

New Record!
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2008, 04:46 PM #94 of 95
Fuckin' FAST.

Also, Scifi has an anime day?... I remember the anime movies in the summer YEARS ago, but that was it...

They'll blur all of Yoko's body and all of the scenes with Boota hiding in her jubblies :x
Yeah, that's why I had to do a double check myself. They've given stuff like Noein, Toppo, Macross and some movies (Blood: The Last Vampire, some other weird thing I never caught the name of with some crow-guy). It's been going on for a while now. But this surprised me just as much as me flipping through the channels, and running into Code Geass in the block AS looked like it was going to axe.

BTW, I'm sure you folks remember when they used to give anime on Saturdays, right?

Anyway, here's what the guide says:
Quote:
11:01 EST - Gurren Lagann
Bust Through the Heavens With Your Drill.
Program Type: Series. New

11:31 EST - Gurren Lagann
I Said I'm Gonna Pilot That Thing.
Prgram Type: Series. New.
So if the dub is really bad, I guess I can use my drill to pierce my skull and end it all.

Edit: It wasn't so bad, though the first episode Kamina was stumbling badly. Anyway, there's some other anime on after called Now and Then, Here and There. Looks kind of old, anyone know much about it?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Jul 28, 2008 at 11:05 PM.
horseman85
Piano noob

Member 4561

Level 13.38

Apr 2006

Old Aug 1, 2008, 01:00 PM #95 of 95

Would love to know where I can buy this . . .

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann