Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Music Exposure Club™
Closed Thread

nanaman
BASKETSLASH

Member 25298

Level 18.44

Oct 2007

Old Nov 10, 2007, 11:24 AM Local time: Nov 10, 2007, 06:24 PM 1 #1 of 201
Diablo Swing Orchestra - The Butcher's Ballroom
Label: Gillioutine Grooves/Candlelight Records
Release: 2006
Genre: Metal/Experimental/Opera

This is one great and original band. Mixing metal with all kinds of different music it makes it hard to explain how it sounds like in detail. There's no song like the other on this album. You just have to listen to it yourself. You'll encounter unfamiliar instruments to the metal genre like cello, trumpet and even unusual instruments like the didgeridoo. Great opera-style vocals from the lead vocalist, mixing very well with the music. One of the best and most innovative metal bands I've ever heard. For being their first release, the CD is of professional quality. Go take a listen

Download Link

Avishai Cohen - Continuo
Label: Razdaz Records
Release: 2006
Genre: Jazz/Mediterranean

This is one of the greatest jazz musicians that I know of. Avishai Cohen is double bassist, and a great one at that. And so are the musicians playing in his trio of double bass, piano and drums. I've seen this guy live and it's one of the best lives I've ever been on. His compositions are very original and calming for the soul. Avishai is from Israel, so you can hear lot of influences from mediterranean music. This particular album is the CD I bought after seeing him play for the first time. It has now become one of my favorite albums ever.

Download Link

Jam it back in, in the dark.
nanaman
BASKETSLASH

Member 25298

Level 18.44

Oct 2007

Old Nov 17, 2007, 10:20 AM Local time: Nov 17, 2007, 05:20 PM 1 #2 of 201
Ayreon - The Human Equation
Label: InsideOut Music
Release: 2004
Genre: Progressive Rock/Rock Opera

This is one album you don't want to miss. It's one of the best and most complete albums I've ever heard, composed and written by Arjen Lucassen.

The Human Equation is a rock opera featuring a who’s who of modern-day artists in a mammoth production spread over a hundred minutes and two CDs. The story is about a man who has an unexplainable auto wreck and is comatose in hospital, while his wife and best friend keep a bedside vigil. There is nothing physically wrong with the victim but he has to fight his way back to consciousness by working through many memories, including the recent events that built up to the accident.

I recommend sitting down and looking at the lyrics while listening to it, as it enhances the experience A LOT, because it's such a big part of it and it might be hard to keep track on what's happening without it.

Download Link

How ya doing, buddy?
nanaman
BASKETSLASH

Member 25298

Level 18.44

Oct 2007

Old Nov 27, 2007, 01:42 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2007, 08:42 PM #3 of 201
Mattias IA Eklundh - The Road Less Traveled
Label: TSP
Genre: Instrumental/Guitar/Experimental

I just had to post this CD! This is one of the coolest and craziest CDs I've ever heard, but that's no wonder really cause it's made by the craziest guitarist I know of, Mattias IA Eklundh. I've met this guy in real life and I have to say he is the funniest guy I've ever met. His guitar clinic was so funny, I laughed so much that I just couldn't stop crying. And his humor really shows in his album too. His playing is very unique and he is very very skilled at playing, so I can assure you that you haven't heard anything like it. There is just one Mattias IA Eklundh.

Track list
1. Road Less Traveled, The
2. There's No Money In Jazz
3. Print This!
4. Father
5. No Strings Attached
6. Caffeine
7. Fletch Theme
8. Battle Of Bob, The
9. Chopstick Boogie
10. Toxic Donald
11. Happy Hour
12. Smoke On The Water
13. Insert Coin
14. Woman In Seat 27A, The
15. Ketchup Is A Vegetable
16. Samba Caramba
17. White Trash Hyper Blues
18. Toxic Mickey
19. Minor Swing
20. One-String Improvisation
21. Asteroid 3834
22. Little Bastard
23. Difficult Person Music

This CD has everything from fast paced video game like songs to calm acoustic tunes and heavy metal. Not even that can describe what it sounds like so just go and check it out. By the way, the song Chopstick Boogie is actually played with real chopsticks I've even seen it live.

DOWNLOAD HERE

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
nanaman
BASKETSLASH

Member 25298

Level 18.44

Oct 2007

Old Nov 28, 2007, 06:19 PM Local time: Nov 29, 2007, 01:19 AM #4 of 201
Sukima Switch - Natsukumo Noise
Label: BMG Fun House
Genre: J-Pop

*GASP!* J-Pop, in our GF Music Exposure thread I guess you didn't expect something like this posted here.

But really, Sukima Switch is just not like any other generic pop crap out there (sorry all you mainstream pop likers). There's something about this J-Pop duo of Takuya Ohashi (Guitar/Vocals/Harmonica) and Shintaro Tokita (Piano/Keyboard/Other instruments) I just can't help but like. I feel good listening to their music It's pop alright, but their songs are very well arranged/produced and they manage to come out with a very original sound in my opinion. I can't think of any other band that sounds like them. The singer has a great and original voice and the piano is a great spice to their sound (great piano player). They also use a lot of different instruments on their tracks like brass/woodwinds/strings and others so it is a great touch to their sound. You could say they lend a bit from jazz sometimes, but it still doesn't sound like jazz. Dah, well most music I post is really hard to describe so, once again, just go listen to it and give some comments on it later If you guys like it I can post more.

DOWNLOAD IT HERE

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by nanaman; Nov 30, 2007 at 01:48 PM.
nanaman
BASKETSLASH

Member 25298

Level 18.44

Oct 2007

Old Dec 21, 2007, 08:15 PM Local time: Dec 22, 2007, 03:15 AM #5 of 201
Artist: Suga Shikao
Album: 4FLUSHER

Genre: Rock/Pop/Funk/Soul/Electro hybrid, Japanese
Year: 2000

It has been a while since I last posted an album because I had some trouble with the FTP, but now that it's fixed I've come again to share great music with you all. Have you waited for me?

I figured when I had started posting some Japanese music (Sukima Switch) I could continue showing you all other great Japanese music that you may not have heard.

Starting off with Suga Shikao, he is someone you don't hear much about even though I think that really you should, cause his music is stylish, groovy and a fresh breeze if I'd say it in my words. He mixes genres here and there and every song is very well made/produced with lots of small details that make the songs so much better. As with many artists there are songs that you like and don't like, surprisingly I haven't found this to be the case with Suga Shikao, every song I've heard with him I've liked more or less. His voice is great and he uses it in his very own original style. I added one of my favorite albums of his. Enjoy!

Download Suga Shikao - 4FLUSHER

Artist: Acidman
Album: And World

Genre: Alternative Rock/Punk, Experimental, Japanese
Year: 2005

Acidman, is one hell of a band consisting of the three members Ooki Nobou (Guitar/Vocals), Sato Masatoshi (Bass/Main Composer) and Urayama Ichigo (Drums). Having both crazy and calm tracks, both vocal and instrumental tracks, all which are composed in their very own original style mainly by the bassist Sato Masatoshi. Ooki Nobou has a real original and unique voice which really complements the music. And as usual, you just have to listen to actually get a feel of what it is like. If you do listen to it you might be in for a little surprise

Download Acidman - And World

How ya doing, buddy?
nanaman
BASKETSLASH

Member 25298

Level 18.44

Oct 2007

Old Feb 24, 2008, 04:59 PM Local time: Feb 24, 2008, 11:59 PM #6 of 201
Morten Schantz - Segment
Genre: Jazz Fusion/Funk
Label: Cope Records
Year: 2004

Morten Schantz is a keyboardist from Denmark whose album I found just recently. This album is one of the most awesome new albums I've heard in a long while, and ever since I had my first listen on this album it's been frequently played here at home. I don't know too much about him and his band on his CD, so you'll just have to check out his website if you want to know more about him.

Anyways, this album is truly awesomely awesome, it's got a bit of everything really, from (a few) slow "balladesque" songs to funky and high paced fusion. Some tracks are instrumental and some have vocals too, and everything feels very well executed. Simply everything added onto this album just feels so right, and it certainly has the sound of Morten Schantz, which you will notice even if you've never heard the guy before, his music feels fresh and interesting, and it really never ceases to amaze me no matter how many times I listen to it. A must listen.

>>Download here<<

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Gamingforce Music Exposure Club™