Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] MY ANIMUS. Let me show you them.

Render
River Chocobo

Member 4283

Level 25.60

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2007, 11:14 PM Local time: Jun 30, 2007, 09:14 PM 1 #1 of 22
MY ANIMUS. Let me show you them.

--RULES--

-Post a screenshot of your folder(s). It looks better, in my opinion.
-If you post a pic, please use [spoiler] tags or turn off your sig. It keeps things organized.
-TELL US ABOUT YOUR COLLECTION! Which are your favorites and which ones do you fap to?

Ever since a boredom streak hit about a month and a half ago, I turned back to anime. The downloading has ceased to stop since. I stopped watching it altogether right at the turn of 2003.

Most of this is older stuff since I'm catching up on 4+ years of anime. Also, I've hardly watched any of this since LOL 5000+ hours! As I post this, I have about 6 other series' downloading.

Show us your animus!

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Render; Jun 30, 2007 at 11:19 PM.
Xardion
CAT JUMP

Member 67

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2007, 11:52 PM Local time: Jun 30, 2007, 10:52 PM #2 of 22
posting in a worthless list thread

There's some manga, and some stuff I have to rename so I can remember what the hell it is. Although one thing I need to delete instead of rename because ugh.

Let's see...there's still a few of them I haven't watched yet, and I'm downloading one now. Also I've got Fate/Stay, Pani Poni Dash, and He is My Master on dvds somewhere, but I doubt I'll copy HiMM onto this drive.

I watch too much sad girls animu.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2007, 05:09 AM #3 of 22
Guess'll post my mine.. But I should really delete these since I don't even watch'em a second time >.< . I'm not even done with Futakamori , PpDash or even watched Claymore and Sola. A waste of my WD 350 Gb

Oh and that damn thing is covering up folders of KOF : Another Day,Today in Class 5 and Haruhi Suzumiya. Another show i should get rid of ;p.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by chato; Jul 1, 2007 at 05:16 AM.
slayer25k
MIMIMIN!MIMIMIN!USAMIN!!

Member 9135

Level 22.15

Jun 2006

Old Jul 1, 2007, 05:29 AM Local time: Jul 1, 2007, 11:29 AM #4 of 22
Animu-folders...

Guess that's mine -

Some of them are.. just.. some wildcard and/or placeholder

Loaded but never watched - well ..just like - VVV, Disgaea, the Host Club, DDD -

But the rest is fairly seen - and some of them are just irreplaceable -

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

And to every Nana its prey...

Last edited by slayer25k; Jul 1, 2007 at 05:36 AM.
Twikite

Member 331

Level 5.97

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2007, 07:07 AM Local time: Jul 1, 2007, 06:07 AM #5 of 22
Looks like I'm a bit behind you guys in this category.

I don't have the luxury of drivespace, so Bleach, Higurashi, Shuffle, and Fate-Stay Night have been banished to the depths of DVD-R. Oh, and I've got Chrno Crusade and Azumanga Daioh on retail DVD. Besides those, my iPod houses my whole collection.

I only got into Anime about April of this year or so, but it looks like I'll have to invest in an external drive, since it's a growing and addictive habit. My favorites are Death Note, Haruhi, and Seto No Hanayome.

The first Full Metal Panic episodes are there just for the sake of completeness, haven't watched beyond episode 6 or so.

I was speaking idiomatically.
janus zeal
=^~^=

Member 3660

Level 18.19

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2007, 12:18 PM #6 of 22

That list is embarrassing...
I have about 200 GB more, but I have no access to it at the moment.

Most amazing jew boots
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2007, 12:54 PM #7 of 22
I wish I could afford a drive dedicated to anime but i end up deleting some when i don't have anything to burn it on

I lost NHK, Shakugan, black cat and others on my master drive
when I had to format.

I'm more of a comedy fan so naturally Seto no Hanyome, and the school rumble
series are my favs. Gunrave, deathnote, fma and eureka I like for the more
dramatic scenes.

Girls bravo and Air gear will probably end up deleted since I haven't opened
those in months.

FELIPE NO
Unforgiven
How do I reach this fucking orb?

Member 6028

Level 16.56

May 2006

Old Jul 3, 2007, 03:09 AM #8 of 22

Not much left on my HDD right now; just burned most of my stuff on DVDs.

How ya doing, buddy?
Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2007, 06:07 AM #9 of 22
I don't have huge hard drives like all of you. (Or I just have much more than all of you) Either way, my collection spans 4 hard drives because I'm still waiting for some good deals on 500/750GB hard drives. Anyways:

Anime - 54.7GB / 60GB HDD (57.2GB)
Anime2 - 184GB / 200GB HDD (186GB)
Anime3 - 146GB / 160GB HDD (149GB)
Anime4 - 171GB / 200GB HDD (189GB)

I haven't gotten around to organizing my newer downloads, so that folder's really messy right now.

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
arch_slayer
ntan1 is a rankmaniac

Member 6464

Level 21.01

May 2006

Old Jul 3, 2007, 09:29 AM Local time: Jul 3, 2007, 06:29 AM #10 of 22
Saa! Hajimaru-zamasu yo!
Iku de gansu!
Gaa! Mattomo ni hajimenasai yo!

DRIVE ONE - RAW ARCHIVE

DRIVE TWO - RAW NEW

DRIVE THREE - SUBS

Same issue as everyone else over here. I think it's noteworthy that I DON'T WATCH all of this anime, I merely collect it. In fact, out of the new raws (the one's that aren't awaiting transfer to my RAW Archive (C for complete)), I'm watching Darker than Black, Sisters of Wellber, Kiss Dum, Heroic Age, Kishin Taisen G Formula. Lucky Star hasn't been labeled yet because I'm too lazy =p.

Oh, and it's made up of Drive one and three are 500gb each, while drive two is 300gb. That doesn't take into account my actual download folder, which is 160gb in size on a different hd.

They're all full.

Markings:

C: Complete
D: Dropped
CD: On a CD
None: Currently collecting and incomplete

Omnislash124

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2007, 09:41 AM #11 of 22
Same issue as everyone else over here. I think it's noteworthy that I DON'T WATCH all of this anime, I merely collect it.
I'm in a similar boat, but I don't collect RAW files. All of my stuff is subbed. But same here, I haven't watched that many series, I've only watched about 19 series last I counted. I also don't delete any of mine, so those 19 series are still there, regardless of their filesize (most notably: 220 episodes of Naruto)

Anime FTP
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
arch_slayer
ntan1 is a rankmaniac

Member 6464

Level 21.01

May 2006

Old Jul 3, 2007, 09:44 AM Local time: Jul 3, 2007, 06:44 AM #12 of 22
I just realized how scary my collection is in terms of size =/... I have to delete files as I burn them to DVD, unfortunately =(

Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2007, 10:18 AM #13 of 22
Same issue as everyone else over here. I think it's noteworthy that I DON'T WATCH all of this anime, I merely collect it.
are you serious? People JUST collect anime and never watch it? I honestly would never have the time to watch all that stuff but to leave it rotting away in a hard drive to serve no real purpose is pointless to me.
But then again, I'm poor, and poor people have to be resourceful.

New Record!
Omnislash124

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2007, 06:10 PM #14 of 22
are you serious? People JUST collect anime and never watch it? I honestly would never have the time to watch all that stuff but to leave it rotting away in a hard drive to serve no real purpose is pointless to me.
But then again, I'm poor, and poor people have to be resourceful.
I just can't bring myself to throw anything away, so this stuff piles up at a ridiculous speed. It's stable now since I don't have the luxury of College Internet. But yes, having 5 hard drives in my computer is excessive. But they're really old PATA drives, so whenever I get a new computer, they'll be reserved somewhere in a closet for legacy purposes.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Anime FTP
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
Render
River Chocobo

Member 4283

Level 25.60

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2007, 08:47 PM Local time: Jul 3, 2007, 06:47 PM #15 of 22
I just can't bring myself to throw anything away, so this stuff piles up at a ridiculous speed. It's stable now since I don't have the luxury of College Internet. But yes, having 5 hard drives in my computer is excessive. But they're really old PATA drives, so whenever I get a new computer, they'll be reserved somewhere in a closet for legacy purposes.
As of last month, I went on a downloading spree to the tune of 200+ GB. I bought a pair of 500GB drives (for $120CAD each, which is awesome) to keep all of my anime on. Out of the the bunch, I maybe have watched 3 series? They'll get watched as time slowly moves on.

Arch: That collection is insane! The original Japanese titles for the raws are cool too.

FELIPE NO
Omnislash124

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2007, 09:40 PM #16 of 22
Arch: That collection is insane! The original Japanese titles for the raws are cool too.
Yeah dude, you have a ridiculous amount of anime. I didn't expect my list to be beat so quickly...

Do you watch RAWs? Or do you just have them for archival purposes?

Most amazing jew boots

Anime FTP
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2007, 04:22 AM #17 of 22
I am pretty sure I posted a post in this thread! It is gone now, though. But it wasn't a mean or offensive post! It was just kind of goofy. Why was it deleted, I wonder. I can't imagine it was considered too spammy for this thread.

A mystery is afoot.

Overkill
Syklis Green

Member 1892

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2007, 02:56 PM #18 of 22
I don't watch all that much anime, admittedly. Hey, look, a relatively unimpressive 57.8 GB list to contribute to this thread:

ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2007, 01:45 PM Local time: Jul 26, 2007, 10:45 AM #19 of 22
I stopped saving Anime, or really TV shows in general, when it became far easier to download them again if I wanted to rewatch.

That happened around the time bit torrent started to come into vogue. Seriously, I don't know how many of you guys remember the Bad Ol' Days, but fserves were a pain in the ass. What a terrible way to distribute files.

Omnislash124

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2007, 08:47 PM #20 of 22
I stopped saving Anime, or really TV shows in general, when it became far easier to download them again if I wanted to rewatch.

That happened around the time bit torrent started to come into vogue. Seriously, I don't know how many of you guys remember the Bad Ol' Days, but fserves were a pain in the ass. What a terrible way to distribute files.
Isn't there a problem with BitTorrent if there are no seeds? I don't know how soon you watch stuff again, but I think by the time I'd want to watch stuff again, the seeds are all gone.

I've never used Fileservers, but they seem like a pain in the ass, from what I read.

Anime FTP
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2007, 09:51 PM Local time: Jul 26, 2007, 07:51 PM #21 of 22
All of this is on a spare hard drive that I keep just for movies and anime.

I've watched all of them except for the last dozen or so episodes of Bleach that are out right now. Some I've liked (Kaleido Star, xxxHOLIC, Utawaruremono), some I've LOVED (Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Futatsu no Spica, Ghost In The Shell) and some I've absolutely hated (sCRYed, Blood+) and I'm just too lazy to delete them.

ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2007, 07:02 AM Local time: Jul 27, 2007, 04:02 AM #22 of 22
Isn't there a problem with BitTorrent if there are no seeds? I don't know how soon you watch stuff again, but I think by the time I'd want to watch stuff again, the seeds are all gone.

I've never used Fileservers, but they seem like a pain in the ass, from what I read.
I dunno, people seem to continue to seed things for a long time afterwards, esp if you're looking at some of the more "offiicial" places, like scarywater.

Oh, and once it's on R1 DVD then there's a whole different distribution system, totally separate from fansubbing.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [General Discussion] MY ANIMUS. Let me show you them.