Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Beck: Mongolian Chop Shop!

DCII764II00
Autumn Reign

Member 934

Level 6.82

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2007, 04:04 AM Local time: Jun 7, 2007, 01:04 AM #1 of 2
Beck: Mongolian Chop Shop!

Quote:
ABOUT THE SHOW:
Koyuki Tanaka is at a dead end. At the age of fourteen, he's already lost his passion for life. But Koyuki's chance encounter with a young musician named Ryusuke is about to open up a whole new road in front of him. When Koyuki accepts Ryusuke's invitation to see his band perform live, he unwittingly sets down a path of self-discovery. But what Koyuki finds both disturbs and intrigues him, as the youngster uncovers the best and worst aspects of human nature. And though his world begins to expand, self-doubt and uncertainty threaten to send it collapsing in on itself.
OMG talk about an anime classic...
I don't know if everyone digs this kind of anime.. I donno, I haven't watched anime for like a long long time.... (Maybe a year and a half a go?..)

But after seeing this while flipping through the channels I found this show airing on channel 24 -Much Music Canada. Which was SOOO odd because all they play is music 24/7.

The reason why I really loved this show was because I coudl really relate to the characters and just the overall storyline. I'm all about music, is my main passion in life, take away that.. And I'm lost!

I always felt disconnected from everything, all of my friends were obsessed with going out and meeting girls, I didn't see the big deal.. Or going out to party, I Just never fit in to anything.. I didn't really find it fun... But one day I just started playing this keyboard and it was so much fun I decided to buy one.

From there I wrote music, sang - rapped, then I got heavy into production of hip hop & rnb..

But I never ever really met anyone else that was into this kind of stuff personally.. None of my friends really cared about this kind of stuff.. And the few people I did met were jackasses that were simply doing it to somehow get a paycheck out of it.. They didn't play with their hearts you know?..

I guess I'm really fascinated by the fact that this storyline covered so much stuff related to a struggling artist/band.. From building the foundation to reaching for succes... I'm still trying to build the foundation... But hey this show really kept me inspired...

Sad thing is, I started watching it near the middle of the season.. and just last tuesday they showed the final episode. WHAT A DRAG!! but hey, at least I can watch it from the beginign agin haha..

Anyways, did anyone here watch this show? WHAT DID YOU THINK ABOUT?! WOO!!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2007, 06:38 AM #2 of 2
Aside from what people bitched about (the ending episode being a slideshow), I enjoyed the whole "everyday struggle for success" type of anime. I guess I'm a sucker for those kinds of stories. The beginning of the story starts off pretty well. You did miss out on introductions and school life between Koyuki, Ryuusuke and how the band started to grow from there. Too bad the show didn't get the respect it deserves here. I remember showing this to a group who don't watch anime at all and loved this show so much that they blasted the OST's in their cars ;p .

I feel that all main characters weren't left out. I don't think there was a plot hole unless the manga ended more differently or if there was more after the anime adaption. The music kicked ass and I had fun watching this back then. Definately worth to get on DVD this year for those people who love the Musical,Drama,School life genre type.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [General Discussion] Beck: Mongolian Chop Shop!