Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Recent Anime/Manga purchases

Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 04:43 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 11:43 PM #1 of 196
Recent Anime/Manga purchases

I thought I'd revive this one, since it's pretty general discussion.

I went to Super Dragon Toys in Brussel this week, and I found some manga that wasn't available in Leuven:

-Fullmetal Alchemist 1-4: Although I've already read the manga in scanlations, but since it's os good I just had to have it in tanks. The release looks good overall, since I was a bit worried with Kurokawa being a new editor and all, and comments on the translation will have to wait until I've actually read it.

Persona: 1-3I've recently become pretty interested in anything SMT-related, and I was pleasantly surprised that there was also a manga released. It's only three volumes, and it's supposed to retell the story of the first games, but I don't seem to recognize anything yet.

Suikoden III 1-2: Being a huge fan of the series, I couldn't turn out the manga. the release looks gorgeous, but I'll wait with further comments until I actually read it.

EDIT:
Please be sure to put content and effort into your posts here. Don't just mention the name of your purchase, but rather elaborate on it. Where did you buy what you did? Why choose this very title? Any amusing stories to tell about this purchase? For reference, an example of a good post would be here.

If you feel you don't have anything of that kind to share in your post, don't post at all. Posts not putting the effort in will be deleted as they serve absolutely no purpose. This thread will not be used just to up your postcount.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by map car man words telling me to do things; Apr 20, 2006 at 03:12 AM.
ComCrimson
MYV

Member 115

Level 12.39

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 05:11 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 11:11 PM #2 of 196
Before the downtime i purchased Angel Sanctuary vol's 4,5,6 and 7 and last night i purchased the second volume of the Kingdom Hearts manga. Could not put down my AS books, read them all pretty much instantly. Now waiting on a few more to be released so i don't get to a point where i've got as many as have been translated.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Cheers B4!
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:46 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 07:46 PM #3 of 196
Earlier this week I bought:

* Godchild #1 :: a complete and total surprise, since I didn't think it was going to be released for a while. Now they need to release Cain Saga, since it came out before Godchild...

* Nodame Cantabile #4 :: the artwork isn't that hot, but the story is very cute and it centers around musicians in music school. How can I not like it?

* Antique Bakery #2 :: it's Fumi Yoshinaga! That means the characters are well-developed, it's impeccably drawn, and there's a promise of guy-on-guy action waiting to be shown!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:27 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 10:27 PM #4 of 196
O.O I AM BACK! AND HAVE MORE SHIT!!!!...well i didnt do near as bad as i have done in the past
I got .hack//Ai_Buster V2 thats IT!!!! tis amazing its been so long and i have bought so little...
I plan on donating plasma here soon, and i get money for that, and with that money i will probly be getting gantz and chrno crusade boxes...I will have to donate like 5 times, but yeah

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:35 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 10:35 PM #5 of 196
Mangawise, today I picked up the newest volume of Negima (9) and the first of School Rumble.

Animewise, I bought Starship Operators DVD 2, Kaleido Star New Wings DVD 2 and Maburaho DVD 6 earlier this week, and I'm currently thinking about my next batch, with will include, among other things, Gankutsuou DVD 3 and My-HiME DVD 1 (w/ artbox =P).

I also bought the Rozen Maiden Fanbook.

I was speaking idiomatically.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:40 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 10:40 AM #6 of 196
DAMN YOU ENKIDU! I was gonna recreate my own thread. ; ;

Anywho, I've of course been keeping with my Flame of Recca manga series. I've also recently acquired the full Twelve Kingdoms anime and I must say, even though it's not a CLAMP work it could definitely tryout. But it's really good and anyone who's a fan of mythology should really pick this up.

Animation's pretty top-notch, the voices are really well done and the story is absolutely superb.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
alkaline
Run Home Slow

Member 1696

Level 8.00

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 07:04 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 04:04 PM #7 of 196
Here's what I've come away with in the past week. I don't have much spare time to watch Anime, so I've weened myself on to Manga.

Death Note Vol.4 -- I love this series, but I'm trying hard not to read scanlations of later volumes.
Beck Vol.3 -- Ugly, but really awesome.
Hikaru No Go Vol. 6 -- Can't live without my gimmicky, shota manga.
Prince of Tennis Vol.12 -- See above.
Genshiken Vol.4 -- I should really find the time to watch the Anime. This series is too hilarious.

I'm missing a few, but those are the important ones to me

FELIPE NO
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 07:42 PM #8 of 196
I spent $600 in Animate in Akihabara during my trip. I bought 40 volumes of manga and 5 artbooks from there and other Bookoffs and Book Markets around the Kagoshima Prefecture along with figures, models, stationery, and other things.

I said I wasn't going to spend so much money. Do I have a problem?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Yume
New Born.

Member 1395

Level 11.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:14 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 06:14 PM #9 of 196
My order for the last Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex DVD of the first series came in a few days ago with an extra large 'Laughing Man' t-shirt which is totally awesome.

Finally being able to watch the end of the first series now lets me watch the second series with peace of mind.

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:28 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 01:28 PM #10 of 196

I bought this Tenjo Tenge bag a few weeks ago to replace my old messenger bag I use for school. It actually feels pretty cheap, but it's got Maya on the cover flap so I'm all

I've also been buying a crapload of Battle Angel: Last Order manga. I don't usually buy manga, but I'm really enjoying this one. I recommend it to anybody who's shown interest in the past Battle Angel volumes, or even those who thought Battle Angel sucked before. This "sequel" of sorts totally makes up for the rushed, piss-poor ending of the original series.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Buffyholic
Wark!

Member 1301

Level 2.74

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 04:49 PM #11 of 196
k

Since the Gundam Astray mangas arent scanslated, I try to buy the whole series. Normal Astray is better than Astray R though. I wish Montreal has more anime figure stores, because I'd go bankrupt for those.

Most amazing jew boots
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 04:56 PM #12 of 196
The last batch of DVDs that I received from Amazon.ca included Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig Vol.3 SE, Fullmetal Alchemist Vol.7 and Samurai Champloo Vol.7. As usual, I haven't watched any of this yet. I'm waiting to marathon it. Oh, they also sent me Cowboy Bebop Remix Vol.4, but no Vol.3 even though they were ordered together and I chose the option for them to ship simultaneously. Odd.

My Starship Operators DVDs are supposed to come in a big batch together when Vol.3 is released in May.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 08:48 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 07:48 PM #13 of 196
I recently picked up I's Volume 6 - Bye Bye

It's a great series almost halfway through. Next volume is due sometime in May.

Kesubei
Puzzle Person

Member 971

Level 17.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 09:40 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 10:40 PM #14 of 196
Picked up Eyeshield 21 vols. 1-6 and I's vol. 1, the re-release (the size is larger, the print is better, the price is double). Eyeshield's getting really good now that the Shinryuuji Naga has finally come in.

Bishounen Bitch
Pooped

Member 2130

Level 9.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 09:55 PM #15 of 196
I picked up Loveless vol. 1 and Beck vol. 1-3 only because I loved both series and we all know there's so much more to the storyline in the manga.

Also, since Borders has so graciously decided to carry (more explicit) yaoi titles, I picked up Kazusa Takashima's Wild Rock and Temari Matsumoto's Shinobu Kokoro.

FELIPE NO
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:30 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 11:30 PM #16 of 196
Has anyone heard of Special Duty Combat Unit Shinesman? I've read stellar reviews about it, but I was gonna gather some opinions on here before I bought it.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Nintendonomicon
Mama's boy

Member 1640

Level 16.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:37 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 09:37 PM #17 of 196
Got Dragon Quest Vol 13 and B't X Vol 10 last week.

Return to Crystal Lake...

My Wii Friend Code 1942-4227-2974-0276
iamamoogle
Chimera

Member 1516

Level 9.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 12:11 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 09:11 PM #18 of 196
The last manga/anime I bought was technically it would be Nana Vol. 2 and Samurai Champloo Vol. 2 for my girlfriend, but for myself... lets see... Full Metal Alchemist Vol. 6, Rurouni Kenshin Vol. 24, RG Veda Vol. 4, and Fushigi Yugi Vol. 17 (I'm hoping it will end soon)...

The last anime I bought was... Argento Soma (good ol' Big Lots! heh), Brain Powered, and catching up with Sakura Wars TV (one volume to go), and Gundam SEED (Still need Vol. 2, 9, 10)....

I also bough the first volume of Full Metal Panic, and really enjoyed it, so I traded it to Game Stop, since I want to get the whole series... and a boxset is the only way to really go financially.

When will TokyoPop release more Slayers novels though? *shakes fist*

Most amazing jew boots
wishfire
#27E3FF

Member 996

Level 12.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 02:32 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 01:32 AM #19 of 196
I haven't had enough money to go on an anime buying spree (the discount bins were pretty horrible in selection for the past month or so), so I went ahead and yoinked all the Suikoden III manga.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Chaotic Lullaby
.357 in nylons & rouge

Member 459

Level 12.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 04:14 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 01:14 AM #20 of 196
ugh, i'm so behind on my manga ;_; my last spree found me with valkyrie profile volumes one and two, tenjou tenge volume seven, and nana volumes 10-13.

How ya doing, buddy?
this space for rent.
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 04:53 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 02:53 AM #21 of 196
Bought volumes 2 and 3 of the ARIA manga. I would've bought volume 1 as well, but the only copy in the store looked like it had been left in the sun for too long -- the tops of the pages were all yellow. Nasty!

I would've also picked up Yotsuba&! Volume 3 but they didn't have it

Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 05:38 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 12:38 PM #22 of 196
Hikaru no Go 20: It's not nearly as good as whe a certain character was still around, but it's still one of the most enjoably series I'm following. The characters are growing up, and with them we find out more and more about the professional Go world. I'm really sad that this series is ending in a few volumes.

20th Century Boys 19: What more can I say about this masterpiece. Some major revelations about certain characters here, and it looks like Urasawa will be wrapping up everything. Can't wait for Volume 20 (which also has the coolest manga cover I've ever seen).

Samurai Deeper Kyo 25: Same old stuff as usual, but still almost embarassingly enjoyable. Looks like the 12 Sacred Generals will be defeated earlier than expected, but now Yukimura suddenly shows up again.

DukeBox
Chocobo

Member 1947

Level 9.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:42 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 09:42 PM #23 of 196
Fullmetal Alchemist 1-3: The version with the nice silver/metallic covers ^___^ I love this series. The story of the manga goes further than the anime, and I just absolutely love the art style ^___^

One Piece 8: Still collecting this series slowly, even though I know it doesn't start getting good until ~Vol 12

Rurouni Kenshin 13: An classic series which I really enjoy ^__^ Also, I want to own the volume where the One Piece symbol makes a cameo appearance on a bomb in one obscure manga pane (Oda-sensei - manga-ka of One Piece - was an assistant on the Kenshin manga)

Naruto 7: I think this is the last volume I'll buy of this series for a while. I love the series, but unfortunately I'm not too fond of the official english translation (e.g. "Kage Bunshin no Justsu" still sounds alot cooler than "Art of the Doppleganger" -___-; .... why did they have to change it, dammit!)

GetBackers 10 & 11: And these volumes have nicely finished-off the Infinity Fortress saga ^___^ . This manga series is actually quite addictive, and it is the only series that I haven't read online before buying

I think I'll start collecting Bleach next, and possibly also the Dragonball & Dragonball Z series (just cos they're classics ^^; )

FELIPE NO
Sir VG
Banned

Member 49

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 10:02 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 09:02 PM #24 of 196
I've been keeping up with the CLAMP no Kiseki and just got vol 6. I'm doing it for the chess pieces. I could get the Jap versions since my primary purpose isn't the volumes, but oh well. ^^;;

aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 01:10 PM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 01:10 PM #25 of 196
I attacked the book store the othere day, looking for my Trigun 8, Suikoden III 9, Fullmetal Alchemist 6 and Novel 2 and was disapointed when they only had Trigun and FMA 6...but on a bright note, i did go accross the street to gamestop and find(i know its not anime but) A Bug's Life for 6.99 and the box for the 2nd StarWars Trillogy(ep 4-6) for 29.99 both where used, but buy used i mean, some one bout them at Walmart, made a copy of them, and then sold them to gamestop, so basily both are brand new

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [General Discussion] Recent Anime/Manga purchases