Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Virginia Tech Shooting: At least 33 Fatalities

Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 07:38 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2007, 09:38 PM #176 of 191
When I watch his video. All I see is an angry little boy that is not mature enough to handle what life brings. I see someone who blames other people for his troubles and someone who is mentally ill. He's just a little disturbed child that isn't worth anything. What he did was pathetic and it's unfortunate that he wasn't brave enough to face the consequences and did what a pathetic coward would do and took his life. I will spit on his grave if given the chance. I know that anger doesn't really bring that much good, but I just can't help it. That sick fuck was worthless.
I agree with you, but the fact that he was mentally ill shows that it was not completely his fault. Society outcast him for being different, and being the person he was, he simply didn't know any better.

I guess the point is, I think we are all to blame for these kinds of events. This guy isn't born a killer, even if he's mentally ill. Somebody has to show him how to use the gun, and somebody has to motivate him to go out there and kill people. Whether that motivation be bullying or just plain lunacy, it is inspired by our society and our way of life. Our society is vicious against those who are different and unsuccessful, and those who fit the mold are able to gloat more so than ever before.

This psycho was not a normal human being, no normal human being would ever do such a thing. However, I think we all know that there are countless others just like him out there. People who just don't "fit in" to our way of life. Sitting on the edge, and waiting for that something to push them off. I'm just hoping that the next one (and we all know this is going to happen again) isn't anywhere nearby.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 07:52 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2007, 05:52 PM #177 of 191
Society outcast him for being different, and being the person he was, he simply didn't know any better.

I guess the point is, I think we are all to blame for these kinds of events.
I don't buy that hackneyed sob story for one fucking second. I haven't gone on a shooting rampage myself even though, you know, I was picked on in school too. I also grew up poor as fuck, learned how to fire a gun by the age of 9, I didn't have my "cognac and vodka" or a "Mercedes-Benz" to wallow in my "debaucheries" with and my parents even managed to smack me around a couple times when I got out of line.

However... My parents, as overly religious as they are, managed to teach me to know right from wrong and to respect people's opinions and lives even when I disagreed with the way they carried on.

Can you guess which one of these valuable life lessons was probably missing from your homeboy's life?

You only get one shot at getting this one right, chief.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 08:56 PM #178 of 191
^The man is right. As much as we'd like to punish the stupid of society/human ways, it gets us nowhere and doesn't make us any better.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
soapy
Chocobo

Member 903

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 09:24 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2007, 07:24 PM #179 of 191
It's that kind of attitude that doesn't let us progress anywhere. We're not looking for punishment, we're looking for answers. Yes people are crazy, and some crazy people won't go shooting up others but some will. But would he have done the same thing if people reached out to him? If he had friends would he have done the same? He was utterly alone and it doesn't justify his acts by all means, I really don't think we can dismiss this as "he's crazy, he's dead and this will all be forgetten in a few weeks."

Bullying is a problem in our society, and that doesn't make everyone killers because people handle that kind of stress differently. Some people lash out and beat up others, some take guns and some people just kill themselves to end their misery. People with mental disorders probably can't distinguish in their anger what's right and wrong anymore. Is it his fault? Well yeah he did the crime, but would there have been a different outcome if he wasn't ignored?

People like to point fingers and blame video games, media, parents, administration, the killer etc etc... it's not just one thing. We aren't who we are because of just one factor. We make decisions based on our life events.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by soapy; Apr 19, 2007 at 09:26 PM.
Klaus
Please... don't touch me.

Member 2469

Level 7.46

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 09:25 PM #180 of 191
Quote:
Society outcast him for being different, and being the person he was, he simply didn't know any better.
Society as vicious as it may be will never give you the right to murder 33 people. Especially those who had nothing to do with the wrongs you perceived committed against you.

I have been bullied viciously and I have bullied viciously, as far as I know no one has gone on a shooting rampage. My aunt has never sat me down to explain why shooting people is wrong either, it just became instilled by different means.

All in all, what I'm trying to say is that I hope no one shoots me because they've become disillusioned with life, or because I didn't want to be their friend in high school.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
"So shut your cow-mouth or I'll remove your face by hand before I stop your whore's heart!"
~Victor von Doom
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 10:38 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2007, 08:38 PM #181 of 191
Yes people are crazy, and some crazy people won't go shooting up others but some will. But would he have done the same thing if people reached out to him? If he had friends would he have done the same?
You know, that's a very good point and, chances are, the answer is no. Friends are people you talk to when you have a problem and who you can trust with said problems. If he was socially inept (which, by the look of things, he really was) this becomes a much harder problem to address but it doesn't make it an excuse to shrivel up and stop trying to socialize and then turn around and blame society as a whole for HIS complete lack of social skills or use it as a RADICAL RATIONALIZATION to MURDER these people or their peers.

This was the same argument that was used with Harris and Klebold back in '99 and the answer is still the same: If you can't/refuse to socialize that's fine. No hard feelings. Scene kids aren't your cup of tea. People react to different situations in different ways and I respect that. But don't come spraying down your peers with semi-automatic weapons because you perceived they wouldn't share sandbox space.

Quote:
We aren't who we are because of just one factor. We make decisions based on our life events.
That's another great point. We make decisions based on our life events. If life happens to have handed us a shitty hand, we make decisions on how to play that hand. Either you fold and cash out or you throw your chips back on the table and see what kind of hand you get next. You don't flip the table over and put a .22 through every one of the other players' dome. That's too much old west cowboy for my tastes .

I was speaking idiomatically.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 11:12 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2007, 11:12 PM #182 of 191
Keep in mind, he wasn't just bullied, he also showed signs of paranoia, possibly schizophrenia. His great aunt in South Korea said he was antisocial when he was a child. This guy had some serious wires crossed, possibly from the get-go.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Spike
Good Chocobo

Member 642

Level 17.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2007, 12:19 AM Local time: Apr 19, 2007, 10:19 PM #183 of 191

I guess the point is, I think we are all to blame for these kinds of events.
First of all, his professors tried to help him. The police tried to help him. The counselors at our counseling center tried to help him. His roommates were patient with him and invited him to dinner and to parties. How was he outcast again? That's right, he wasn't outcast by others. He chose to be a loner. He chose to do what he did. NO ONE is to blame for the murders other than that sick, worthless bastard.

We're all bullied or made fun of some time in our life. None of that is worthy of ANY fault. No one is at fault but that pathetic loser.

How ya doing, buddy?
soapy
Chocobo

Member 903

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2007, 01:16 AM Local time: Apr 19, 2007, 11:16 PM #184 of 191
Keep in mind, he wasn't just bullied, he also showed signs of paranoia, possibly schizophrenia. His great aunt in South Korea said he was antisocial when he was a child. This guy had some serious wires crossed, possibly from the get-go.
Right, and that along with everything else most likely led to his actions. No one "normal" would go around and kill people, no matter how badly they are treated. But he obviously couldn't handle it and wanted to be a hero about it and started shooting others.

Not to draw the war in Iraq into this, but look at all the suicide bombers. We think they're all nutjobs but they must truly believe in something and hate the US enough to kill themselves and those around them. Is it because they were born crazy? Or is it because they hate the US that much? Probably both.

No one is really looking for somebody or something to blame, if Cho were still alive, he'd be on death row. But you just have to ask why these guys are out there, and why do they tend to happen predominantly in the US. We have the most criminals in prison, and we have the most gun violence (outside of war).

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by soapy; Apr 20, 2007 at 01:20 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Virginia Tech Shooting: At least 33 Fatalities