Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: Favorite Video Game System
NES 0 0%
SNES 10 32.26%
N64 1 3.23%
Game Boy Original 0 0%
Game Boy Color 0 0%
Game Boy Advance 0 0%
DS 5 16.13%
PSP 0 0%
PS1 3 9.68%
PS2 2 6.45%
PS3 1 3.23%
Wii 2 6.45%
Genesis 1 3.23%
Sega CD 1 3.23%
Dreamcast 2 6.45%
Game Gear 0 0%
Xbox 0 0%
Xbox 360 1 3.23%
Atari (Specify) 0 0%
Other (Specify) 2 6.45%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

[General Discussion] Video Game Consoles & Handhelds

Borg1982
One to be born...

Member 31

Level 20.43

Mar 2006

Old Dec 11, 2006, 08:45 PM #1 of 11
Video Game Consoles & Handhelds

Analyze and discuss all of the video game systems that you are very familiar with.

1. Which aspects do you think those systems succeeded on (game-wise)?
2. Fail to deliver on?
3. Discuss technical aspects of the systems that intrigue you or you thought were bad (ex: Slow loading).
4. Overall score out of 10 of the console.

I'll start mine in alphabetical order using this site ( http://www.gamefaqs.com/systems.html ) to make sure I remember to fit in all the systems I'm familiar with. I will also be using this site ( http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?p...ws&sortdir=asc ) to remind myself what games are for which systems. Use the drop down boxes here to do that.

Dreamcast:
1. I value my dreamcast for some of the fun multiplayer games as well as stuff like Crazy Taxi.
2. I feel that it failed to deliver on great RPG's, and in general, this was the least-played system of all the ones I own. The RPGs that it does have are only mediocre to me.
3. It seemed to have done pretty well with the online server for a while. This is surely one of the most loud consoles when you turn it on. It was only a little speedy at loading levels. I was very happy with the graphical capability and the sound quality.
Capability Score (My opinion of its potential, meaning that it has or had the potential for hi-tech, great video games FOR ITS TIME before the first video game even came out for the system): 9/10.
Overall Score
(My opinion & official score for the system with the games and technical aspects in mind): 5/10.

Game Boy (Original):
1. I was a fan of very few RPGs and other games for this handheld. The strengths to me were the simple puzzle games for it such as Tetris. The only shiners to me were Zelda and Final Fantasy Adventure and perhaps Mario games.
2. Pretty poor RPGs and games in general, to me, overall, except the above mentioned.
3. No back light. No color. Small screen. Low sound.
Capability Score: 3/10.
Overall Score: 4/10.

Game Boy Color:
1. A big improvement. It had a bunch of Dragon Warrior games -- new and remakes. It had improved puzzle games and some good platformers.
2. Didn't have a large amount of the above mentioned genres.
3. No back light. Small screen. Low sound. Backwards compatibility
Capability Score: 6/10.
Overall Score: 6/10.

Game Gear:
1. This has my second favorite game of all-time on it: Shining Force. (A remake of the game is on the Sega CD). It also has great RPGs like Crystal Warriors and Dragon Crystal. This system also seemed to have a bunch of platformers.
2. Didn't have as good of puzzle games as the Game Boy and the platformers were nothing special except some Sonic ones.
3. Very bright light. Big screen. Very high sound. This leads to: HORRIBLE batteries! However, I rarely ever played this handheld using batteries. I had a car charger and an AC adaptor.
Capability Score: 9/10.
Overall Score: 8/10.

Game Boy Advance:
1. This console just plain succeeded. In sales, in games. It has the best RPG remakes, platform remakes, puzzle games, and quality originals.
2. It didn't fail on any certain genres in my eyes.
3. No light until the SP, low sound, big screen.
Capability Score: 8.5/10.
Overall Score: 9.5/10.
(Note: The overall score is better than the capability score because when it came out I didn't think it would have all that potential).

Gamecube:
1. This console succeeded to highly fulfill me in all areas except RPG (my most important area). The multiplayer fun I've had on it has been at its highest level for 5 years and it's still kicking. It's funny how I won't be using my gamecube ever again, because I will use the Wii to play those games. This console also has excellent 1st party, as Nintendo always does.
2. RPG.. no fulfillment except Paper Mario 2. The Dreamcast remakes did not fulfill.
3. Fast loading, worse graphics for it's day compared to it's competitors, nice component cable adds quality. Lack of major CGI videos because of the media it uses. 10 out of 10 Wavebird controllers. Game Boy Player. Microphone mini games.
Capability Score: 8/10.
Overall Score: 9/10.

Genesis:
1. This fulfilled me only a little bit with RPGs and other types of games. Shining Force 1 & 2 and Aladdin for example. The best thing that I can say about the Sega Genesis is usually when you plug a game in, waiting for the company name screens is a lot less than other systems. It's almost as if you can plug something in and play it at a quicker rate than other consoles. I don't know how else to explain it.
2. Did not have the best RPGs and only had a few great platform games.
3. Music not as great as SNES, but graphics pretty good, colorization of games pretty good. Fast loading.
Overall Score: 7/10.

Nintendo (Original):
1. For it's time, it started the RPG genre for me, and did it in a very challenging way. It's almost too bad the challenge gets easier with time instead of harder. I had to face hard regular bosses and final bosses back in the day when the genre was brand new! In terms of platform and other types of games, this system is pure quality. Mario 3, for example, is my favorite non-RPG game ever.
2. The challenge of a lot of platform games is gigantic. People seem to get most pissed off at this system because they can't get past levels. The SNES still had challenge but did it in a beatable way.
3. Console likes to freeze or games don't like to work unless you do stuff with the cart to make it work. Good thing for ROMs.
Capability Score: 10/10. (changed video games forever)

Super Nintendo:
1. Probably the perfect system (for it's time). Best of RPGs, action, platform, etc.
2. None.
3. Great music card, good graphics, and my favorite controller in old school video game history.
Capability Score: 10/10.
Overall Score: 10/10.

Nintendo 64:
1. Multiplayer greatness, 1st party greatness.
2. RPG failure. Again, only Paper Mario was any good.
3. Fast loading, no CGI video capability, good graphics for 1996.
Capability Score: 7.5/10.

Nintendo DS:
1. Very unique, new types of video games.
2. Failing to deliver great RPGs and many more platform greatness.
3. Fast loading, touch pen, WiFi, but not capable of large storage video games or the best video intros.
Capability Score: 9/10.

Playstation 1:
1. Okay multiplayer games, single player games, great RPGs.
2. Inferior RPG remakes of some games, a very big number of useless video games are sold for this system as well. Goto the stores PS1 section and look at all the bargain crap.
3. Worst loading, bad console stability, but good music and video capability.
Capability Score: 7/10.
Overall Score: 6/10.

Playstation 2:
1. Better multiplayer games, and some greater RPGs. This console is the same as PS1 to me, but a slight improvement in all areas.
2. Bunch of useless video games like PS1.
3. Better loading, but still bad compared to competitors. Great music and video capability.

PSP:
1. Not sure what's good.
2. Can play all the same stuff for regular consoles.
3. Slowwwwwwwwwww. Loaded with features like loading music, photos, etc, at least.
Capability Score: 8/10. (would be higher but it's a slow handheld).
Overall Score: 4/10.

Sega Saturn:
1. One of my favorite games ever, Shining Force 3, helps this system. Also a few more cool RPGs.
2. The other games were pretty poor for it.
3. More stable than PS1, better graphical capability because its newer, great sound, poor CGI video.
Overall Score: 6.5/10.

Sega CD:
1. More of my favorite RPGs ever like Shining Force CD, Lunar series. This system intrigued me because of the music quality, the video watching, and some of the unique games for it.
2. Not the best for multiplaying.
3. Music quality, real videos, bigger games.
Capability Score: 10/10. (first good system that used CD).

Wii:
1. Probably going to be one of the best consoles to come out in the last 10 years. It could change games forever just like the NES did.
2. May not highly fulfill in RPGs. N64 and GC did not, and I doubt this will be over the top with RPGs.
3. Obvious worse graphics than competitors, but revolutionary.
Overall Score (so far): 9/10.

Xbox:
1. Pretty good with multiplayer and RPGs as well as single player games.
2. Doesn't have the best games of all time, at least to me.
3. Xbox Live, great graphical, music and video capability all around.

List yours. You don't have to make it all nice, either.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:23 PM #2 of 11
Nintendo 64

1. Truly memoriable and nostalgia based games. Mario Kart, Mario 64, Bomberman, the first Smash Bros., Goldeneye... those were the glory days.
2. Lacking in the good RPGs.
3. Expansion pack was irritating but overall not bad of a system. Favorite of all of them quality wise.
4. 9/10

Sega Genesis
1. Home of some of the best Sonic games (the other excellent ones are scattered with their less than excellent cousins on other systems). Ristar. That is all you need to know.
2. It sucks to be divided. I also liked Mario and Yoshi platformers... no dice there!
3. None.
4. 9/10

How ya doing, buddy?
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Dec 12, 2006, 02:37 AM Local time: Dec 12, 2006, 12:37 AM #3 of 11
Wow this is going to take some time.

Playstation 2

1. This system delivered in every aspect by having both mainstream and niche games readily available.
2. Nothing really game wise.
3. It was the weakest of the three systems during its time so that meant the graphics often suffered.
Compatibility Score: 9.5/10
Overall Score: 10/10

Nintendo Gamecube

1. This is a system made by Nintendo. They gave us the first new Metroid in 10 years and had the superior version of Soul Calibur II
2. It missed out on a lot of great ports and developers typically shunned the system.
3. The online aspect could've been expanded and it could've used less gimmicks.

Compatiblity Score: 7/10
Overall Score: 6/10

Xbox

1. Microsoft proved that online works for consoles and it had some great exclusives outside of it being ported to PCs.
2. Too many ports really.
3. It was big I suppose but the HD is a fantastic addition and should be required for all consoles.

Compatiblity Score: 8/10
Overall Score: 7.5/10

Sega CD

1. Uhm...it has Snatcher.
2. Everything. Too many FMV games and too many crappy games.
3. I love the CDX version of the Sega CD. A Genesis and Sega CD rolled into one.

Compatiblity Score: 7/10 (only because of Snatcher)
Overall Score: 2/10

Playstation

1. It has a huge library of just about every genre out there.
2. It lacked a huge variety of 2D games.
3. The PSone revision is sexy.

Compatiblity Score: 9/10
Overall Score: 8/10

Dreamcast

1. Has some great exclusives and superior ports
2. Not enough quality games.
3. Too few buttons on the face and the cord was too short.

Super Nintendo

1. Nintendo, Square, Rare, Capcom and others dishing out the right goods for it.
2. Too many shitty movie-to-game conversions and lazy jobs in game design.
3. I wish the US had the multicolored buttons like the Super Famicom.

Overall Score: 8.5/10

Sega Genesis

1. Home to sports and action games. However it had its fair share of fantastic RPGs. Oh and Gunstar Heroes.
2. Not enough RPGs.
3. The graphics were inferior to the SNES as was the sound. And having only a 3 button controller packed in severely limited it.

Compatiblity Score: 7.5/10
Overall Score: 5.5/10

Nintendo 64

1. Mario and Zelda in 3D plus Goldeneye.
2. Not enough RPGs or fighting games. Quality ones.
3. I really loved the controller. I think it's a fantastic design, however the cartridge system really harmed it.

Compatiblity Score: 8.5/10

NES

1. A huge variety of games and helped start many long lasting franchises.
2. Too many shitty games as well.
3. The design doesn't stand up to the test of time and the games are pretty frail.

Overall Score: 9/10

Game Boy

1. A vast library of just about any kind of game out there.
2. There weren't too many gems.
3. Pea green screen, bulky and primitive graphics.

Compatiblity Score: 4/10
Overall Score: 3.5/10

Game Boy Color

1. An even larger library than the original GB.
2. Even more crappy games and ports.
3. No backlight and still too few buttons.

Compatiblity Score: 4.5/10
Overall Score: 4/10

Game Boy Advance

1. A wide range of games including Mario ports, new Metroid, new Castlevanias and many more.
2. Many shitty ports again, lack of fighting games.
3. While more powerful than the SNES it needed two more buttons.

Overall Score: 7.5/10

Neo Geo Pocket Color Pro

1. It's basically a portable fighting game system.
2. If you wanted to play something other than SNK fighters and Metal Slug.
3. I liked the pseudo analog thumb stick it had, but the lack of a backlight is pathetic.

Compatiblity Score: 6/10
Overall Score: 5/10

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Borg1982
One to be born...

Member 31

Level 20.43

Mar 2006

Old Dec 12, 2006, 04:06 AM #4 of 11
Thanks for the long post, guyinrubbersuit, but you should click on EDIT and change your words "compatibility" to "capability".

Capable meaning what potential something or someone has.
Compatible is of course a completely different word.

Most amazing jew boots
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Dec 14, 2006, 08:31 PM Local time: Dec 15, 2006, 11:31 AM #5 of 11
First off, massive e-props for mention of Dragon Crystal, Borg~

Sega Master System
1. Sega's own stuff! Fantasy Zone, Sonic, Transbot, Phantasy Star, Space Harrier, Hang-On, Wonderboy, Alex Kidd, Teddy Boy aaand so forth.. they really went all out here. It was fantastic (say that like the Beach Spiker guy).

2. Complete lack of support from American developers. Mostly due to the complete lack of support from American consumers!

3. All the wacky failure gimmicks. The 3D glasses only worked with like three games, and made 'Space Harrier 3D' almost unplayable. The original Master System could support games on tiny little credit card sized cards as well as the cartridges, which was... completely pointless! Not many games shipped on both, as the cards could only hold a tiny amount of data. They scrapped this feature in the SMS 2. The light gun was packed in with the system, but Sega themselves only made about two games that used it. Placing the pause button on the console itself was a TERRIBLE decision, too.

9/10

NES
1. The sheer amount of games. During its peak it's almost as if new games were being spewed out at speed barrier breaking rate by some kind of magic portal. That and it introduced a lot of games that became massive franchises that are still kicking around pretty hard. The Final Fantasy's's's, the Megaman's, the Mario's, the Kid Ikar-..oh.
2. Hmm. Fighting games maybe? It had what, a bad TMNT Tournament Fighters port and little else. Although I supposed everyone just beat eachother to death in Battletoads and Double Dragon.
3. The first version of the system went to shit after a while. BLINKING SCREEN OF DEATH.

8/10

Mega Drive
1. Platformers. Good ones! It was like NES round 2, except with the advanced power of blast processing. It had some really excellent exclusive games from third parties, too. Something the Master System stumbled on.
2. Adventure/RPG-ish games. The few it had were pretty good, but for every one of those there was a Double Clutch or a Super Battleship.
3. I can't think of anything!

8/10

Mega CD
1. Slightly interactive movies
2. Real video games
3. For a system that prided itself on being able to run FMV's, it sure did a bad job of it. Videos ran in tiny little windows, were often very choppy and had a piss poor amount of colours on screen at once.

6/10 (ROAD AVEEENGEEER!)

Super Nintendo
1. It covered pretty much everything. Some really cool looking games and the awesome-o dish washing power of Mode 7 to make racing games smooth like a smooth criminal.
2. BLOOD IN MORTAL KOMBAT GONNA BREAK, BREAK, BREAK.
3. It seemed to make PAL games run even slower than usual which was mind boggling.

9/10

Atari Lynx
1. KLAX. Atari's own arcade conversions were pretty much spot-on. .. Except Hard Drivin'.
2. Everything else. NO third party support lead to a grand total of sixty of so games for the system in its sad lonely lifetime.
3. At the time, it was a moooonster power wise. Stunning graphics, a massive colour screen.

5/10

I'll do more later. =o

How ya doing, buddy?
chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 01:44 AM Local time: Dec 15, 2006, 05:44 PM #6 of 11
Long read GET!:

Sega Dreamcast:
1. A great ratio of AAA titles
2. Did not advertise/sell it well enough
3. VMU: It was something that could've expanded into something cool

Capability Score: 9/10
Overall Score: 9/10

Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color):
1. Tetris and Pokemon (of course there were others, but these were the main reasins)
2. Pretty much nothing else was good
3. Primitive hardware

Capability Score: 5/10.

Game Boy Advance (Original, SP, SP Plus, Micro):
1. Gamer's haven. Covered all genres well and it was portable!
2. Constant revisions
3. Lack of X and Y buttons. WHY?

Capability Score: 9.5/10
Overall Score: 9.5/10

Nintendo Gamecube:
1. Host to some memorable first-party games games
2. Consistency: After Metroid Prime and Zelda came out... the Cube died. An AAA game every decade will not cut it
3. GBA Link failed miserbly. Not much support, cluttering, expenses for the whole set-up.

Capability Score: 8.5/10

Sega Megadrive:
1. Again, classic games were found here
2. Against SNES, the library was bare. Inferior 16-bit hardware as well
3. All that crazy expansion shit. 32X, CD Drive, Sonic and Knuckles 3 Carts etc.

Super Nintendo:
1. Some of the greatest games come from here. Classic all the way.
2. As much crap as there were classics
3. The Bandai BS Satellite was intruiging. Too bad it wasn't released here.
Capability Score: 10/10

Nintendo 64:
1. Home to the greatest non-online multiplayer games. Great array of AAA titles
2. Lack of RPGs and GOOD fighting games. Nintendo's then arrogant attitude. Cartridge media meant no CG nor any CD quality music.
3. 64DD before it died. Expanding on games would've been pretty cool.

Capability Score: 7/10

Nintendo DS:
1. Introduced a new way to play games.
2. The radical new elements has produced a hit:miss ratio for AAA DS games.
3. Possibilities of expansions with the GBA slot

Playstation 1:
1. Great games plus CD compatibility made it very attractive. Memorable titles.
2. Large amount of crap-ass games
3. Video and sound capabilities were great. Produced some good graphics even if it was "inferior" to 64.

Overall Score: 8.5/10.

Playstation 2:
1. Lots of AAA titles. First to have DVD functionality
2. Home of lots of cash-in sequels
3. Emotion Engine capabilities were finally realised: PS2 COULD produce some stunning graphics.

PSP:
1. Powerful ass machine for a portable. Media capabilities
2. Just doesn't have any big assed killer apps
3. Media capabilities. UMD Movies were okay (provided if you bothered with it)

Capability Score: 9/10

Wii:
1. Radically new (yet effective) control scheme. Surprisingly cool start-up interface.
2. May have problems doing a few genres. Possible port negligence
3. Wii-Mote is bloody awesome

Capability Score: 9.5/10.

Xbox:
1. Entertaining games with the best 6th generation online support
2. Games tend to be very "americanised". Not many well known franchises.
3. Powerful machine, great online service

Capability Score: 9.5/10.
Overall Score: 8.5/10.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
devildante
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 15779

Level 1.34

Nov 2006

Old Dec 23, 2006, 11:17 PM Local time: Dec 24, 2006, 05:17 AM #7 of 11
Super Nintendo:
1. All my favourite games were released in this system: FF6, chrono trigger, secret of mana 1 and 2, donkey kong series, super street fighter 2, mortal kombat 2
2. Not all games had battery saves
3. Had better sound and grafic than mega drive.
Capability Score: 10/10

Another + for most classic console is that games back then were original. no copy of ideas. saving the princess was an ok story back then. but if still saving the princess is a very old and often used story, which sadly is still often used. same goes to gameplay. there not much new ideas now, just better grafics and sound.

but with wii and online funktions, the new generation might be interesting again.

FELIPE NO
devilmaycry
Chocobo

Member 4461

Level 13.07

Apr 2006

Old Dec 24, 2006, 06:44 AM Local time: Dec 24, 2006, 11:44 AM #8 of 11
Though call between Dreamcast and Mega Drive (stop calling it Genesis please, only USA used that name) but I ended up choosing Mega Drive because the sheer number totally awsome games.

I won't be giving scores cause I think that's dumb but I'll say what stuff I liked on these consoles:

Mega Drive
1. Platformers, run'n'gun's, beat'em up's, 'nuff said. I've yet to see a modern system with such gems as Comix Zone, Streets of Rage 2, Bare Knuckle 3, Gunstar Heroes, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Monster World 4, Ristar... you name it, best stuff ever.

2. I can't really see anything that was bad for the time, pretty much all of the 'limitations' could be overcomed by usage of good coding so if the game is bad it's the coders own fault. Maybe the sprite limits could be an arguing point but then again maybe not, it's all in the good coding I guess.

3. People bad mouth the YM2612 chip, but those persons should shut da hell up and listen to Streets of Rage 2.

Dreamcast
1. Best game ever lives in here, Shenmue in all it's glory. Also awsome for shmups, stuff like Under Defeat, Border Down, Ikaruga or Radirgy speak loud and clear. Has many other games that one could mention like Jet Set Radio, Code Veronica, Cool Cool Toon, Rez and so on. Dreamcast shines with it's niche games and that's why it was such a tough choice between it and Mega Drive.

2. Who ever designed the Dreamcast Pad should be rewarded with a medal and then shot, this wierd pad did somethings very right and some things very wrong. I feel it should've been redesigned during the console live like the Mega Drive one was, selling the Vibration Pack separatedly was a big rip off.
The console itself wasn't that stable too, many died and die as we speak of laser, power source, internal battery problems and general crappyness.

3. Who da f*ck thought it would be a good ideia to put that massive backpack on the DC pad? The memory card should be attached to the console and not to the pad, the vibration should use internal motors in the pad's center of gravity instead of an heavy dongle on the edge of the pad.
The VMU as an independent device was a stupid ideia.

Xbox
1. Had some good Sega games like Shenmue 2, JSRF or Panzer Dragoon Orta, and other nice games like Project Gotham Racing 2, Rayman 3, Alien Hominid and Guilty Gear. There's a few I heard they're good but haven't played like Psychonauts, but that's not here this console shines, it shines on.... (see point 3)

2. The pad was too bulky, even the Controller S is bulky, no need for memory card slots on the pad. FAR TOO BIG AND NEVER REDESIGNED.

3. So... where does this console shine??? MODDING!! That's right, the only real reason to get a Xbox is to softmod it and run unsigned XBE executables, aka E-M-U-L-A-T-I-O-N. That's why I got mine, no other reason.

That's right, you'll revive your wasted youth on your TV using emulators all day long. Revive those awsome Sonic & Knuckles levels, beat the crap out of thugs with a friend on Streets of Rage with having to fight for the space in front of a tiny PC monitor or relying on crazy netplay schemes, play old gems that you may have missed on the old days!! Feel the 16 bits vibe!!!
Xbox is the new Mega Drive, the only other way to get a better experience is if you have a spare (and expensive) Mini-ITX PC and a crazy modded VGA->SCART cable along with a specific Radeon models GPU and what's the odds of that? None I tell you. You can also play other old and not so old consoles but who cares about that when you can have Mega Drive?
Motto: "Sega, it's stronger than you!"

Playstation 1/Sega Saturn
PS1 has the Resident Evil series, Tomb Raider, MGS and some nice shmups, people say Saturn has a bunch of good 2D games but I never had the chance to try. That's all I have to say about them.

Mega CD
One: stop calling it Sega CD, only USA used that name.
Two: Mega CD is a Mega Drive add-on, it's not a console by itself and doesn't work alone, if you're going to include it also include 32X.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by devilmaycry; Dec 24, 2006 at 06:59 AM.
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2006, 09:25 AM Local time: Dec 24, 2006, 10:25 PM #9 of 11
Worst thread. Is anyone even reading?

PLAYSTATION TWO
1. This system successed in the sheer amount of games availble.
2. Fun. For a system with a fuckton of games for it, I walk intoa store and like, every fucking games in front of me is utter shit. I'll buy a game that other fags say is good, like ICO and fall asleep playing it. Who wants to fight a bunch of boring arseenemies witha woodens tick for ever? not me.
3. I like the way that even though I bought mine in the fifth year of the console, after 5 years of making the same goddamn thing, it's still a piece of shit. Circle button is sticky, horrendous load times, soemtimes games will jsut freeze up for no reason. DVD playback is a complete mystery.
4. lol/10

Sega Master System
1. Alex the Kidd
2. games that were not alex the kid
3. My gay neighbour kept lying and saying his machine was broken even though realy he jsut didn't want me to come round and play it, gay fag.
4. 10/10

Super Nintendo
1. Yoshi's Island still remains the best of it's genre, as does Chrono Trigger.
2. Endless slew of gay shit RPGS and 2D platformers, why try competing with the best? Donkey Kong Cuntry sucked shit.
3. Fuck blowing on cartridges. Some gay toddler chew on my controller cord and it stopped working. Otherwise perfect.
4. Fist/10

Nintendo 64
1. The peak of Miyamoto's prowess. EAD jsut kept pumping out sublime quality in every genre and franchise they touched. Lylat Wars is as good as gaming gets.
2. Everything by every other developer (including those fags at Rare, fuck Banjo Kazooie)
3. We all beleived the lie that N64 had better graphics. lol.
4. Zelda/10

Gamecube
N64 with better graphics and worse games but overall better because Donkey Kong got a good game and Eternal Darkness.
3. Made the lesser consoles look like a joke in terms of loading times. Best traditional controller ever.
4. Jungle Beat/10

Wii
This console had ZELDA at LAUNCH.
Best console ever.

Gameboy Pocket
1. Pokémon
2. Pokémon didn't come out till 1999
3. Uncomfortable as hell. Shithouse batteries, who the fuck endorsed the use of AAAs?
4. Driving to Exmouth/10

DS
1. Fucking stellar. September to November last year was the most concentraded supply of fucking AWESOME games in the history of gaming. I was buying like a new game every fucking week, games I'm still playing now such is their awesomness.
2. has to put up witht he GBA's huge lineup of shitheap RPGS and 2D Platformers. If Golden Sun is the best RPG on your system, you HAVE A PROBLEM.
3. I thought it was perfect, but then the Lite showed me what it was really like to be perfect. Buttons could be bigger.
4. Double Fist/10

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Borg1982
One to be born...

Member 31

Level 20.43

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2006, 02:19 PM #10 of 11
I like how you posted anyway Rab

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Megavolt
Seer

Member 1731

Level 14.36

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2006, 06:57 PM Local time: Dec 24, 2006, 05:57 PM #11 of 11
NES:

1. Succeeded in establishing many classic franchises that we still have today.
2. A lot of crap to go with the good stuff.
3. The blinking screen of death as someone else put it definitely sucked.
4. 8/10

Genesis:

1. Had a bunch of good action games and platformers.
2. A bit weak in the RPG department and a considerable amount of crap to be found.
3. The sound chip was crappy in a bad but also strangely good way. Used blast processing.
4. 8.5/10

SNES:

1. RPG king. Has a lot of AAA games and covers all the bases pretty well.
2. A considerable amount of crap to go with the good stuff.
3. Ahead of its time in many ways. Mode 7 was cool. A few early titles suffered from slowdown.
4. 9.5/10 - Not perfect, but my favorite console with my most cherished games, so a biased score this is.

PS1:

1. Strong RPG lineup and a good set of classics like Metal Gear Solid.
2. A lot of crap to go with the good stuff, plus this console brought in casuals with "teh cool garphics", which kind of sucks.
3. Load times suck and real-time graphics suck, but prerendered backdrops were always nice.
4. 8.5/10

N64:

1. Incredibly strong first and second party lineup.
2. Nearly every third party game was crap and it lacked in the RPG, fighting, and shooter genres.
3. The console itself was solid and no load times is always welcome.
4. 8.5/10

PS2:

1. A great variety of titles and genres to choose from.
2. A mountain of crap to go with the good and a bit too focused on freaking military games and sandbox GTA clones.
3. DREs, poor load times, you name it. Except for posessing a great library of games, the console itself is terrible. Uses emotion engine.
4. 7/10

Gamecube:

1. Fairly strong first party offerings.
2. First party offerings aren't as strong as in the past, and like the N64, this one is RPG starved and suffers from a lack of worthy third party titles.
3. Good console except that the control stick gets messed up and I have to buy new controllers, which is lame.
4. 7.5/10

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
~MV

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Video Game Consoles & Handhelds