Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Anime and Manga Recommendations

aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 12:21 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 12:21 AM #1 of 87
Wolf's Rain
Genre: Science Fiction, Drama
Length: 30
Setting: Alternate

Wolf's Rain, By far one of the best series i have ever had the prillage to see. The art, the music, the story, are all A material.
Plot Summary: In some distant future, it's common knowledge that all wolves have been extinct for 200 years. However, it seems this is false as wolves have not disappeared but rather have taken human form. Kiba, a lone wolf, wanders into a city, trying to sniff out the Lunar Flowers that are supposed to lead whoever follows the scent to paradise. The source of the smell is Cheza, a girl who sleeps in what appears to be suspended animation in a lab. She and the wolves are drawn to each other, and Kiba hopes to find paradise once he finds the source of the scent of Lunar Flowers. However, once Kiba finds Cheza, she is kidnapped by a mysterious person called Darcia, and his search begins anew. Before he leaves the city, he meets 3 other wolves, Tsume, Hige and Toboe. All four wolves have very different personalities and ideas, and their friendliness towards each other is a little rough around the edges. However, they soon band together to continue to search for paradise.

Music - Yoko Kanno - some her BEST WORK for sure!
OST 1
OST 2
ART!
The charators all have their own personalitys, and have great designs!

Kiba - Leader of the pack, the one who seeks Paradise

Tsume - The tough guy, he is more than he seems on the outside

Hige - The fat one

Toboe - The shy one

Cheza - The Key to Paradise

Quent - The hunter, vowed to destroy every wolf that still exists

Hubb and Cher - The Lovers, the detective and scientis respectivly, Cher was researching Cheza for Lord Oarkum
You can Download the series, dual audio Here
Rating 9.5/10

Jam it back in, in the dark.
aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 17, 2007, 09:43 AM Local time: Apr 17, 2007, 09:43 AM #2 of 87
Noein - to your other self

Noein - to your other self

Genres: Adventure, Drama, Romance, Science Fiction, Slice of Life
24 Episodes

Summery: Fifteen years in the future, by high-level scientific power, a violent battle takes place between La'crima, that protects humanity, and Shangri-La, where Noein plans the annihilation of all space-time. The key to stopping Shangri-La's invasion is a mysterious object known as "the Dragon's Torque." A group known as the Dragon Cavalry is being sent through space and time to find it and bring it back to La'crima to stop Shangri-La's invasion.
In the present, twelve-year old Haruka and her friends are investigating where a "ghost" had been seen in a grave yard, where they run into these Dragon Cavalry. Where they had trouble traveling through space-time. Being frieghtened by this group in black cloaks they run away, where Haruka having a strange feeling leaves her friends where she meet Karasu, one of the Dragon Cavalry, one of her friends, Yuu, comes to her aid agains this 'ghost'. Karasu tells Yuu that he can not safe that girl, because He is Yuu from the future.

Music: Hikaru Nanase

My opinion: WOW! That is all I have to say. I was Amazed that i had not hear more about this. The art style slightly more crude than alot of other anime, but over all it is WONDERFUL! The animation is some of the smoothest animation I have seen in a while. The fight scenes are smooth, and not just a bunch of teleporting about. The characters are likable, and the anime while having a large amount of SciFi as a lot of down to earth family type issues in it. A very VERY well thought out complex issue brining the world of Shang-La and La'crima at ends. The Music is Wonderful, it flows great into the environment and makes the story come even more alive.

(will come back and ad some pictures)

There's nowhere I can't reach.
aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 08:30 AM Local time: May 15, 2007, 08:30 AM #3 of 87
Locke you've been around to know there is a General questions and an anime recommendation threads, to be honest I'm kinda surprised the mods haven't pounced on this and closed it.
But if your looking for Sci-fi Space action I would recommend ot you
  • Outlaw Star, good animation, cool plot, awesome art, great story pretty funny
  • Nadesico, AWESOME stuff, alittle bit of everything that is awesome there
  • Banner and Crest of the Stars, its a more serous plot, but from what i have seen of the show i like it personally.
  • Macross, if you Liked robot tech you will propably like this
  • Gundam, you might like these some are deffenly better than others, just check into them
  • Cowboy Bebop, If you havn't seen this, i would recommend it anyway, there is some really cool space action in it.
  • Vandread, Awesome, amazing, a must watch for comedy!
Well, still i would check www.animenewsnetwork.com and check out all the series recommended to you here, and see what you do like of them.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by aku; May 15, 2007 at 09:53 AM.
aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 07:47 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2007, 07:47 PM #4 of 87
My friend is looking to get his boyfriend some anime for Xmas. He's a huge fan of Haibane Renmei. Can you guys think of anything philosophical like that to recommend? Thanks.
Lain is by the same creator and is rather good, Texhnolyze is also by the same people, and I've been told its really good haven't watched it myself.
Lain you can get at a releasable price in a boxset at best buy Texhnolyze is guna be more expensive and harder to find off line.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [General Discussion] Anime and Manga Recommendations