Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Code Geass: Lelouche of the Rebellion

Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Nov 1, 2006, 08:39 PM #1 of 168
Code Geass: Lelouche of the Rebellion

aka CLAMP's NOODLE PEOPLE character designs meets Sunrise's Mech Designs and makes AWESOME

Plot Summary (from ANN:)
Quote:
Japan has been invaded and conquered by the Britannic Empire. Japan are now known as "Area 11" and it's citizens known as "elevens." The Britannic Empire takes away Japan's autonomous power and imposes it's rule. The Britannic Empire enforces it's rule through the use of 'Nightmares'. The Empire's rule has never faltered, but cracks have begun to show...
The Empire of Brittania has invaded Japan using giant robot weapons called Knightmare Frames. Japan is now referred to as Area 11, and its people the 11s. A Brittanian who was living in Japan at the time, Lelouch, vowed to his Japanese friend Suzaku that he'd destroy Brittania. Years later, Lelouch is in high school, but regularly skips out of school to go play chess and gamble on himself. One day, he stumbles on terrorists 11s who've stolen a military secret and is caught by a member of the Brittanian task force sent after them, who is Suzaku. As the rest of the squad arrives, Suzaku is shot for disobeying orders, while the military secret, a young girl, gives Lelouch the power to make anyone obey any order. He takes command of the terrorists and leads them to crush the approaching Brittanian force. However, Suzaku is secretly made the pilot of Brittania's brand new test model Knightmare, Lancelot. Lelouch becomes the masked king Zero to lead the rebellion to defeat Brittania.
Basically, this is so far an awesome show. I'm only two episodes in and there's already tons of mech action. If you have even a slight interest in the genre, it's a good watch.

Torrents:
Series:
Episode 1 (gg; MKV SSA Subs)
Episode 2 (gg; MKV SSA Subs)
Episode 3 (gg; MKV SSA Subs)
Episode 4 (gg; MKV SSA Subs)
Episode 5 (gg; MKV SSA Subs)

Music:
ED Single (Yuukyou Seishunka by ALI PROJECT)

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Little Shithead; Nov 14, 2006 at 07:42 AM.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Nov 1, 2006, 10:51 PM Local time: Nov 1, 2006, 08:51 PM #2 of 168
Quote:
I'm only two episodes in and there's already tons of mech action.
AND

Quote:
ED Single (Yuukyou Seishunka by ALI PROJECT)
I'm fucking sold! (for the first three episodes, at least)

Finally, a series I can look forward to, since I'm sorta bored with a majority of the stuff out now.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

- What we all do best -
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Nov 1, 2006, 11:11 PM #3 of 168
Yeah, I was kinda let down by the season's new series. This is nice though.

lol japan owned by canada and the US

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 02:41 AM Local time: Nov 1, 2006, 11:41 PM #4 of 168
I keep seeing pics of this on 4chan but never got around to watching this series. It looks good, so I'll probably settle down and watch the first few eps over the weekend. Downloading the ED since I like ALI PROJECT.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 07:07 AM Local time: Nov 2, 2006, 10:07 PM #5 of 168
Originally Posted by Spatula
AND

I'm fucking sold! (for the first three episodes, at least)

Finally, a series I can look forward to, since I'm sorta bored with a majority of the stuff out now.
Ditto, its one of the few shows I look foward to new eps coming out each week.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 03:00 AM Local time: Nov 26, 2006, 01:00 AM #6 of 168
Actually, I should watch before I comment, since I'm just half way through the 1st episode and it's really not my thing. I think I'm getting old of almost reused mechs that I've seen from Full Metal Panic, and this isn't so much different. I'm not a fan of CLAMPS noodle anorexic style, at least X/1999 had nice character designs. Furthermore, I read in /m/ and the anime forum in 4chan that this series turns out to be a let down. Meh, I'll watch what I have right now, but maybe I need a different genre. If this was Full Metal Panic "The THIRD Raid", or whatever, then hell yes I'd be interested.

EDIT: Okay, maybe I should shut up and watch. SO MANY PEOPLE DIE! THIS SHOW IS AUTOMATICALLY AWESOME.

YES MY LORD

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

- What we all do best -

Last edited by Spatula; Nov 26, 2006 at 03:12 AM.
Kensaki
_

Member 2194

Level 15.48

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 05:25 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2006, 12:25 AM #7 of 168
Seen upto five and dling 6 as we speak. This show flew right over my head. Thanks for making me aware of the series Merv.

FELIPE NO
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 08:27 PM #8 of 168
I have negative 99% interest in mecha anime, but I'm really digging Yuukyou Seishunka. Upon reading that this has Clamp's long arms and legs style, I just might give this a passing chance, since I also dig weird designs like that. I wonder if it's good enough to get someone as mecha-illiterate as me into the genre.

Most amazing jew boots
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 08:31 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 06:31 PM #9 of 168
Originally Posted by Summonmaster
Upon reading that this has Clamp's long arms and legs style, I just might give this a passing chance, since I also dig weird designs like that.
I like how my journal entry isn't even extragerrating the proportions of the 11ese anatomy. I honestly don't know if I'll be continuing this series, after 3 episodes. None of the show seems appealing to me, and it's like I'm watching another Eureka 7/Full Metal Panic again, except more "rehashed". Yeah, the character designs I really can't dig, which is the opposite of you.

(Quite the opposite view of what I typed in my 2nd post in this thread, I might add. It was a good start, but now I'm not interested in it anymore, besides the ending theme by ALI project, which I can dig)

- What we all do best -
eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2007, 03:53 AM Local time: Feb 15, 2007, 03:53 PM #10 of 168
gotta revive this thread instead of creating one. I have watched up to 16th episode, and this anime is holy amazing.

this anime is perfect mixture of Death Note (two pretty boys lead with ambiguous relationship, conspiracy)+X/1999 (Anyone think LeLouch = Kamui, and Suzaku=Syaoran?)+Escaflowne (Lancelot design)

Just for your information guy, there are also three version of this series released on manga. You could grab it at www.stoptazmo.com, look at the "Latest downloads" folder. The art stays faithful to Clamp's original design, but the story is somewhat different. Perhaps because it's published on Asuka, which is primarily aimed for girls. There are five chapters released already (for LeLouch of Rebellion and Suzaku of Counterattack).

Anyway, I hope we could start discussion and conspire about this anime. Especially:

Spoiler:

1. Who killed LeLouch mother?
2. How will Cornelia react if she knews Zero is her respected little brother? (they seem to have good relationship)
3. Any plot twist that might happen in the future. Perhaps, Brittanian is not as bad as we know.
4. Whom C.C talks to? Aliens? the real villain of the series?

Info
Code Geass OST
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TDMICMKD

Direct Downloads
http://mrpc.us

Manga Downloads
http://stoptazmo.com (look at "Latest downloads")
http://community.livejournal.com/code_geass/

You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.

Last edited by eriol33; Feb 15, 2007 at 04:15 AM.
xen0phobia
Chocobo

Member 503

Level 10.31

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 11:29 PM #11 of 168
I agree. This is a very good show. Waaaaay to few people talking about. This is my favorite after death note airing now.

aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2007, 12:18 AM Local time: Mar 28, 2007, 12:18 AM #12 of 168
OK! wow, i recently started watching the show, now am up to date, and all i have to say is WOW!
Spoiler:
HOLY SHIT! that was rather unexpected, the last few episodes have just been o.o, cant wait for the next one!

crabman
NEWS!

Member 17465

Level 11.09

Dec 2006

Old Mar 28, 2007, 12:25 AM Local time: Mar 27, 2007, 10:25 PM #13 of 168
OK! wow, i recently started watching the show, now am up to date, and all i have to say is WOW!
Spoiler:
HOLY SHIT! that was rather unexpected, the last few episodes have just been o.o, cant wait for the next one!
If only you would have posted this a minute sooner i wouldn't have posted that thread...

But seriously, that was like the worst case of a joke gone wrong in the history of anything.

Does anybody else find the new opening really really really crappy?

Spoiler:
I wonder how Lulu is going to deal with his whole red-eye syndrome now though. I mean he has to take that mask off sometime espiecally during school and stuff. It'll be really interesting to see how he deals with it

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by crabman; Mar 28, 2007 at 01:12 AM.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2007, 01:16 AM Local time: Mar 27, 2007, 11:16 PM #14 of 168
Hey guys, I just caught this show as well. Can anyone recommend the best Subbing group to get it from?
Currently I am getting them from Shinsen, but the thread is using gg, lol.

--edit--
Also, I like how the quote summary on the first post REALLY points out that Japan is now known as Area 11
and its inhabitants "elevens".

Last edited by Dark Nation; Mar 28, 2007 at 03:39 AM.
crabman
NEWS!

Member 17465

Level 11.09

Dec 2006

Old Mar 28, 2007, 01:39 AM Local time: Mar 27, 2007, 11:39 PM #15 of 168
think gg and your mom are the furthest in. I like your mom since they have some funny quotes here and there kinda take the edge off the whole seriousness of the show. gg is good too since they put out mkvs.

How ya doing, buddy?
aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2007, 06:36 AM Local time: Mar 28, 2007, 06:36 AM #16 of 168
Hey guys, I just caught this show as well. Can anyone recommend the best Subbing group to get it from?
Currently I am getting them from Shinsen, but the thread is using gg, lol.
From what i read, Shinsen is the best quality, accuracy and video wise, they are just behind. GG is rather accurate, but if your just dieing to see it, the your mom group is ok, not always the most coherent, but it works to get the general info.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
eriol33

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2007, 10:31 AM Local time: Apr 10, 2007, 10:31 PM #17 of 168
Holy shit I have watched the 23rd ep, and the plot twist is just sooo uber-a(ngst)wesome!

Spoiler:
LeLouch geass now out of control... he half jokingly gave Euphie absolute order to kill all japanese, just beyond my imagination. Though it's better than Geass end up in cliche way.

I never thought an anime story could be this hot, I hope august come soon. How come they delayed the 24 & 25th to broadcast in summer D:.

You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Apr 10, 2007, 12:03 PM Local time: Apr 10, 2007, 12:03 PM #18 of 168
Originally Posted by eriol33
How come they delayed the 24 & 25th to broadcast in summer D:.
The most likely culprits are the clip shows they had during the season on the one hand, and the desire to keep it in the public eye (and make money) before the start of season 2 on the other.

eriol33

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2007, 12:08 PM Local time: Apr 11, 2007, 12:08 AM #19 of 168
yeah you got point there. cliffhanger is the most effective way to keep fans curious. oh well, gotta find some more anime with anti-hero for meantime...

Yuna
涼宮ハルヒ

Member 1603

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2007, 08:50 AM Local time: Apr 14, 2007, 11:50 AM #20 of 168
I'm loving this anime, I've been watching it like a madman. But why did they have to postpone the ending of this show in months ???

The story was getting so good.

HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old Apr 14, 2007, 10:21 AM Local time: Apr 15, 2007, 01:21 AM #21 of 168
I'm loving this anime, I've been watching it like a madman. But why did they have to postpone the ending of this show in months ???

The story was getting so good.
Well they can't just go around advancing the plot now can they?

To be fair, the show picked up a lot after the Mao arc, I was just about to give up on it while he was involved.

I was speaking idiomatically.
eriol33

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2007, 10:28 AM Local time: Apr 14, 2007, 10:28 PM #22 of 168
from what I read on some forums, it seems the plot is still being developed. The emperor even hasnt had any confirmed name yet.

crabman
NEWS!

Member 17465

Level 11.09

Dec 2006

Old Apr 14, 2007, 01:50 PM Local time: Apr 14, 2007, 11:50 AM #23 of 168
So, it's definitely not ending on episode 24, or 26 right? They still have to kill the nameless emperor right?

FELIPE NO

Soooo, do I get points for being leet?
aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2007, 02:04 PM Local time: Apr 14, 2007, 02:04 PM #24 of 168
So, it's definitely not ending on episode 24, or 26 right? They still have to kill the nameless emperor right?
According to something i read a while back, they have givin the go for a second season. I think what happened with in the last few episodes would have turned out a COMPLETELY different way if they where intending to only have one season

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old Apr 15, 2007, 03:56 AM Local time: Apr 15, 2007, 06:56 PM #25 of 168
Yeah, its supposed to be a full 50/52 ep show I think.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Code Geass: Lelouche of the Rebellion