Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] New Evangelion Movies!

Zukan
Carob Nut

Member 1321

Level 5.82

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2008, 12:36 PM Local time: Apr 28, 2008, 07:36 PM #126 of 135
That HD version is upscaled I've heard. Don't think I have the patience to wait for a native HD release so I'll settle with this one anyway, thanks for the links.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Chankoro?
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Apr 28, 2008, 01:58 PM Local time: Apr 28, 2008, 08:58 PM #127 of 135
I just watched it and it was.. well.. interesting. Not as different from the original beginning as I'd have hoped, but even if it had been just the first three episodes with massive production values, that would have been entertaining enough.

That's basically what this was for now, with a number of little changes. We'll only know from the following movies just how much there is in this one. Many of the new little details range from trivial to wonderful oshiiiiii moments.

If anything, the visual quality is far beyond anything I've seen from Gainax so far and that alone merits a watch. For now, it's "more of the same" and while I guess that can be slightly disappointing for anyone expecting a revelation, I myself am more than anxious to see how it all comes together in the later movies and just how much has been changed. The preview at the end sure hints at great things to come. Including Asuka~

FELIPE NO

Last edited by map car man words telling me to do things; Apr 28, 2008 at 02:01 PM.
S_K
Death Phenomenon

Member 14358

Level 19.57

Oct 2006

Old Apr 28, 2008, 02:16 PM Local time: Apr 28, 2008, 07:16 PM #128 of 135
Just finished watching and I was impressed for the most part. If you want to see how far anime production standards have come in terms of presentation just compare the 6th angel battle in both this and the original, but then again the original series had budget issues too so I'm not sure if that comparison is totally fair.

Spoiler:
They seemed to put more effort this time into making Tokyo 3 look more like a living breathing city. Unless my memory's mistaken there was always something about the original that seemed too focused on the key players to give a full atmosphere, whereas this time around we get periodic reminders apart from just scenes in the school and the train that it's a major city and possibly the world at stake here.

Bearing in mind I've never read the Mangas, two major things I disagreed with was revealing Kaworu and Lilith so early in the plot, not to mention Misato knew nothing about Lilith in the original until she started doubting Nerves intentions and investigated, which I think would have been a great way to end the 2nd movie. Now that I think about it most of the plot was revealed through Misato's point of view in the original, so how are they going to reveal other parts of the plot now? Not to mention what role will Kaji play that gets him shot or if he does at all for that matter.

I'm trying to avoid going into how deep NGE is as a story, but all in all, those major plot changes just seemed more like fanservice for people who know the plot already rather then effective storytelling.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
kainlightwind
Good Chocobo

Member 120

Level 17.77

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2008, 08:10 PM Local time: May 4, 2008, 07:10 PM #129 of 135
Any subs available that can be upped here?

Additional Spam:
Okay so. Got some subs. Decent. Whatever. It was good.

Spoiler:
I gotta say, it was good to watch. The angel battles in particular although I was really hoping they do something different with the scenes. Not the same sort of rehash of animation from the series. I really did like Ramiel battle. That was defenitely a good trasition and use of cg with its attacks. And the way it blew the shit out of the mountain side was so damn cool. The animation of the characters seemed like no different from the series. Although the city itself was great. Odd to see it so alive with the segemtns of Shinji walking the streets and sleeping out like a bum. And...why was I treated with 14 year old tits? God. Damn Japanese. Anyway. Good stuff. Can't wait for the second one.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by kainlightwind; May 5, 2008 at 04:20 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Penis Overflow
Banned

Member 30995

Level 5.11

Jun 2008

Old Jun 15, 2008, 04:24 AM Local time: Jun 15, 2008, 04:24 AM #130 of 135
Is there any news of ADV Films, Manga Video, or some other anime company picking up the rights to dub and release these movies in the United States? I'm a fan of Evangelion and this looks interesting, but I'd rather wait for an official release rather than see a fansub or whatnot.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
S_K
Death Phenomenon

Member 14358

Level 19.57

Oct 2006

Old Jun 15, 2008, 06:30 AM Local time: Jun 15, 2008, 11:30 AM #131 of 135
Given the average speed english dubs for animes are done in, they probably won't even touch this until all the movies are finished + about another year if not more. All in all I would say you have a long wait ahead sane brain...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Oct 20, 2008, 05:05 PM Local time: Oct 20, 2008, 10:05 PM #132 of 135
Bump. Second film's called "Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance". Early summer 2009.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 20, 2008, 05:37 PM #133 of 135
Um.. kool. For a second there, I was hoping the movie came out ;p Can't wait to see it, though. I'm interested to see that new female character.

Most amazing jew boots
AmericanTranny
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 32679

Level 1.21

Jan 2009

Old Jan 12, 2009, 07:09 PM #134 of 135
To S_K:
I get the feeling the movies are going to both speed the plot up but also change it. After all, why tell the same story the exact same way? It would be redundant. A few changes here and there to change the overall plot seems like a good thing to me.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2009, 03:05 AM Local time: Jul 7, 2009, 12:05 AM #135 of 135
Last 25 minutes of a certain recently released film.

It's funny, but the movies are actually making me like the franchise. The new character Mari is pretty bad-ass, but she's stepping on Asuka's toes. The video above is spoiler-ish, so I don't recommend watching it unless you don't give a shit.

While this is technically a retelling of the original series, the movies are doing their own thing. This is made absolutely clear in You Can Not Advance, the sequel to 1.0.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] New Evangelion Movies!