Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

What is the most beloved thing in the entire world?

DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 12:41 AM #1 of 28
What is the most beloved thing in the entire world?

This question is very broad on purpose. It leaves for so many different answers. You can be as specific or as unspecific as you want. Basically the question is, what do you think is the most beloved thing in the entire world? What I mean is, if you were to ask millions of people around the world what is most beloved to them, what do you think it would be? By beloved I mean something you most enjoy, not love like you love your wife or you love your children.

I think most people would say music. Although it's not my personal choice, and there are tons of other answers, I think people generally just love music. So many genres and styles, all ages. Music gets so many people through day to day life, and through troublesome times. Music is life to a lot of people. That is what I think is probably the most beloved thing in the world.

What would you say?

How ya doing, buddy?
THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE YOUR 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 01:39 AM Local time: Sep 6, 2006, 11:39 PM #2 of 28
I'd have to say my pencil and paper. Without, I'd just have my ideas bubbling over in my head, feeling useless and wandering around what to do with my life. I really cherish my desire and ability to draw.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 02:45 AM #3 of 28
I was more/less looking for not everyone's individual beloved thing, but what they think is the most beloved thing in the world. Like what the majority of the world's population would say. Or at least just in this country, because some countries have nothing.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE YOUR 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.
Unas
Syklis Green

Member 11611

Level 8.84

Aug 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 03:32 AM Local time: Sep 7, 2006, 09:32 AM #4 of 28
If your talking essential items probably good food and drink, erm, luxury items? I'd say there's no way of answering that question, everyone has different tastes

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Unas; Sep 7, 2006 at 03:36 AM.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 05:23 AM Local time: Sep 7, 2006, 08:23 PM #5 of 28
I guess I might spin a wheel, round and round it goes! It'll probably land on oxygen. But landing on oxygen would cause the wheel to keep falling! What a weapon of minor destruction. I do enjoy my oxygen, I have it for breakfast, lunch and tea. Sometimes I sneak some in when nobody is looking. "LOOK OVER THERE!" "WHERE?" "ALL THE OXYGEN IS MINE" "OH MY LUNGS"

I was speaking idiomatically.
Kolba
-

Member 446

Level 30.06

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 10:08 AM Local time: Sep 7, 2006, 04:08 PM #6 of 28
Nobody's playing the game right.

"We asked 100 people..."

My answer is hair gel.

"Our survey said..."

How ya doing, buddy?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 10:21 AM Local time: Sep 7, 2006, 03:21 PM #7 of 28
I'd say most people probably have some kind of deeply treasured love of life.

Hell, I know I do.

FELIPE NO
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:19 AM #8 of 28
Ouch, Krelian's got a good one. I'd say water, given how badly our bodies need it and how much we take it for granted.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:22 AM #9 of 28
Can it be intangible? Because I would say power, hands down. Whether its power over others, power over oneself or power over something that is ALSO intangible, the number one thing people love is the ability to control.

If it needs to be tangible, I would say wealth. Because wealth usually LEADS to power.

You niggas can't deny.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Nahual
k'iskallawankitaj mamaykipis riman

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:28 AM #10 of 28
How about knowledge?

Quiero ayudar a todos que viven en el mundo...pero empiezo contigo.

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:31 AM #11 of 28
Originally Posted by Nahual
How about knowledge?
Pffth. Do you live in America? You really think people in this country love knowledge?

They choose to live in a spoon-fed world. C'mon. It SHOULD be knowledge, but we all know that at least in the US, it's definitely not. They enjoy remaining BLISSFULLY IGNORANT. ;_;

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Nahual
k'iskallawankitaj mamaykipis riman

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:40 AM #12 of 28
Originally Posted by Sassafrass
Pffth. C'mon. It SHOULD be knowledge
my point exactly. I know people who would like it in one area or another, but are too lazy. A common excuse is busy.

Most amazing jew boots

Quiero ayudar a todos que viven en el mundo...pero empiezo contigo.

Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:47 AM Local time: Sep 8, 2006, 12:47 AM #13 of 28
Speaking of knowledge, it's more like a necessity, rather than "beloved". Craving knowledge isn't really considered beloved. Now that I think about it, isn't everyone's most BELOVED thing, their own life?

Seriously, it's typical of me but I'd choose music. A successful musician can bring in wealth, which leads to POWER. Sup Sass

Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:50 AM #14 of 28
I would say freedom. I think that most people who live in the US take for granted how great it is that we can dress how we want, worship how we want - or not worship at all if we choose not to, own what we want, work in whatever field we choose, associate with whomever we want, etc.

Wealth and power and all that stuff are attainable to most people in the US. The only limitations we have are (arguably) intellect and ambition.

How ya doing, buddy?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 12:00 PM Local time: Sep 7, 2006, 11:00 AM #15 of 28

Case fucking closed

FELIPE NO

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 12:47 PM #16 of 28
Honey, he got real ugly.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 12:51 PM Local time: Sep 7, 2006, 11:51 AM #17 of 28
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
Honey, he got real ugly.

It's a trick. Get an axe.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 12:53 PM Local time: Sep 7, 2006, 10:53 AM #18 of 28

Sorry Deni... I think I win this round.

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 01:00 PM #19 of 28
Originally Posted by Scarletdeath
Seriously, it's typical of me but I'd choose music. A successful musician can bring in wealth, which leads to POWER. Sup Sass
Yea, well. Musicians aren't everyone you know. =p

And Alice - freedom comes at a cost. No freedom is really free, and I am sure some people would argue that not everyone wants freedom. Like me. So many people won't put up their FIGHT for freedom - it's an expensive luxury.

It's loved. But I think it's delusional to think that it's loved that. Just think of all the personality types that NEED to be controlled and LIKE to be under someone/something elses' power.

I hate to bring up religion, but yea. >_>

Most amazing jew boots
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 07:04 PM Local time: Sep 8, 2006, 01:04 AM #20 of 28
Originally Posted by Kolba
Nobody's playing the game right.

"We asked 100 people..."

My answer is hair gel.

"Our survey said..."
Hahahaha, I suspect Family Fortunes references will go over a lot of people's heads here.

As for the most beloved this in the world, I'd say money, or possibly cocaine. Ask most people what they'd want more of and they'd say money, unless they were a cokehead...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 07:21 PM #21 of 28
Originally Posted by Shin
Hahahaha, I suspect Family Fortunes references will go over a lot of people's heads here.
I don't know about that. Family Feud is a pretty well-known game show, and generally well-liked. It was ranked third on Game Show Network's top 50 list.

Back to the topic. I believe the most beloved thing in the world is consumption. That covers a lot of things, including eating, drinking, breathing, and learning.

Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 07:27 PM Local time: Sep 8, 2006, 08:27 AM #22 of 28
Don't think that's valid. "Consumption" is an action, not an object; tangible or not.

How ya doing, buddy?
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 07:50 PM #23 of 28
Originally Posted by Scarletdeath
Don't think that's valid. "Consumption" is an action, not an object; tangible or not.
I don't think it was ever specified that it had to be an object. In fact, DragoonKain suggested music, which is a concept, not an object. An action, last time I checked, is still a "thing."

FELIPE NO
Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 07:58 PM Local time: Sep 8, 2006, 08:58 AM #24 of 28
Originally Posted by Acro-nym
I don't think it was ever specified that it had to be an object. In fact, DragoonKain suggested music, which is a concept, not an object. An action, last time I checked, is still a "thing."
Ah, but music is definitely an object. You can study music, you can listen to music, you can compose music. In fact, I posted music myself earlier.

Consumption, on the other hand, is not a thing. Consumption isn't even a concept. It's just plain "action". I checked it up on a dictionary, consumption is an act or eating/drinking, basically using up something. If you were refering to using up an object, might as well state that object by itself and be mroe specific .For example, music, or even an mp3 player. See what I mean?. Consumption is a must, not a choice.

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 08:03 PM #25 of 28
But a "thing" is not limited to being an object or concept or whatever. Maybe we'll just have to agree to disagree...

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > What is the most beloved thing in the entire world?