Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Circus

Argentis
RyuFAN

Member 4057

Level 31.90

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2006, 07:50 AM Local time: Sep 2, 2006, 01:50 PM #1 of 7
Circus

Have you ever been to a circus before - if so what did you like/ remember best about it. Any acts that stood out from cliched clowns?

I haven't been to one for ages; I'm a bit rusty on what acts there can be apart from the cliche's you see on tv. I'm doing an art project on it - so I just need some kinda of idea about acts

Thanks in advance

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Argentis; Sep 3, 2006 at 03:25 AM.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Sep 2, 2006, 01:09 PM Local time: Sep 2, 2006, 10:09 AM #2 of 7
Only for a short period of time a few years ago. It was a small event during a family trip, and there was a magic show and an act that involved a small woman balancing a table and chairs on her feet. The audience enjoyed that one.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
MagicalVacation
I'm drunk on love... And beer.

Member 1330

Level 11.42

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2006, 06:58 PM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 12:58 AM #3 of 7
I've been to the best circus the world has ever known. And I'm not exagerating. Cirque Du Soleil, it passes through Belgium quite a lot actually, right now they're performing Alegria again in Brussels. I personally saw 'Dralion', their latest show. Truly amazing. If you love circus you have got to see Cirque Du Soleil at least once in your life, preferably 'Alegria'. You will NOT regret it. Worth every single penny.

How ya doing, buddy?
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2006, 09:50 PM Local time: Sep 2, 2006, 09:50 PM #4 of 7
Being from a small town, the circus shows up very rarely. It was enjoyable however. The animals were cool. They had some pretty big elephants the last time they were here.

They had some swinging tricks and stuff, which was quite cool. I wouldn't mind heading to the city and seeing something like that, but in a bigger way.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Render
River Chocobo

Member 4283

Level 25.60

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2006, 10:01 PM Local time: Sep 2, 2006, 08:01 PM #5 of 7
I hate the circus. Clowns, to me, are stupid. I think it's because I KNOW there's a fat, ugly, sweaty guy underneath that retarded paint smile. Also, I refuse to go see animals that have been caged and broken against their will.

There were some elephants from a circus right behind the building where we have our local farmer's market. They say elephants are incredibly smart and all, but you could see the sadness in their faces. It was kind of sad to look at them.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Argentis
RyuFAN

Member 4057

Level 31.90

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 03:29 AM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 09:29 AM #6 of 7
Originally Posted by Render
I hate the circus. Clowns, to me, are stupid. I think it's because I KNOW there's a fat, ugly, sweaty guy underneath that retarded paint smile. Also, I refuse to go see animals that have been caged and broken against their will.

There were some elephants from a circus right behind the building where we have our local farmer's market. They say elephants are incredibly smart and all, but you could see the sadness in their faces. It was kind of sad to look at them.
I agree. I have always hated clowns - some can be really creepy
I also disagree with the cruelty to animals as well - like lion tamers for example - cracking whips and teasing lions with choirs as so forth.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
MagicalVacation
I'm drunk on love... And beer.

Member 1330

Level 11.42

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 05:19 AM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 11:19 AM #7 of 7
That really depends on what circus you go to. Cirque Du Soleil for example doesn't use animals, only acrobats and the occasional clown. But it's all about the acrobatic acts.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Circus