Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

X-Men's PHOENIX: Endsong

Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 12:40 AM #1 of 5
X-Men's PHOENIX: Endsong

I didn't see a thread for this specific story, so I figured I would discusss it now.

So, i'm sure some of you have read it. I myself just bought it at Barnes and Nobles and I must say, it was very very good. The artwork on the G. Novel was...amazing, and not only that the story was very dramatic and powerful.

I especially loved the ending:
Spoiler:
The fact that all Phoenix Force really needed in order to understand earth and it's inhabitants was Love. Pure, true love. From there on in, it evolved and from what I can tell...better understood emotions and sensations that it felt through Jean. I hope Phoenix will come back, but this time as a protector of earth and all life in the universe.

What were your thoughts on it?

EDIT: And for the record...it's a story that takes place offically in the X-Men storyline right?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Karasu; Jun 2, 2006 at 12:43 AM.
VitaPup
X-Man

Member 4740

Level 14.81

Apr 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 01:22 AM #2 of 5
I've skimmed through the book at a bookstore once. I'm not a big fan of how they reinvented phoenix "recently". ALso, Greg Land's artwork is out of place. Some stills and covers of his are great; like the pagee with Scott and Emma in bed with all the different images of Jean above them. All in all, however, I think the book as a rather ehhhh look to it.

EDIT

It makes me think of the black and white films that were colored in with technicolor. The colors and pictures are too bright and vivid.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 01:40 AM #3 of 5
I could agree with that statement in some pages of the book, however some [Like when phoenix glows or her eyes glow] look very realistic, and beautiful.

Technically though, this story does take place in the marvel canon right?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
VitaPup
X-Man

Member 4740

Level 14.81

Apr 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 10:56 AM #4 of 5
I'm pretty sure it does.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 11:47 AM Local time: Jul 20, 2006, 12:47 AM #5 of 5
I read through the book briefly, though I guess I pretty much spoiled myself because I hadn't read any X-Men books recently.

Spoiler:
So, Jean's dead? Again? I guess it all happened in one of the New X-Men books a few months back, so I was a bit surprised to see Jean dead and buried again.....and then reanimated by the Phoenix-force.....creepy....

So what was the end all about? Jean kept saying she wasn't ready to come back yet, that all "the pieces" hadn't come back together. What was she missing? Did she know she was going to come back eventually, but the injured Phoenix-force returned prematurely? A little lost there....

So in the end, Jean lives again? Will she return to the X-Men again? Is she gonna get together with Wolverine now that Cykes is shagging Emma? What is going on?

Heh, heh. I'm pretty lost as you can tell.....

How ya doing, buddy?
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > X-Men's PHOENIX: Endsong