Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

You silly ass, dirty Indian... I said hello.

Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 05:10 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 04:10 PM #1 of 33
You silly ass, dirty Indian... I said hello.

So, what´s your neighborhood like in terms of people response when you´re walking down the road and greet someone with a hello or a good morning? Do they tend to respond back? Do they ignore you? How do you feel about this? Or do you say nothing... Even worse, do YOU not respond? If so, you´re the worst grade of bottlenose and Gamingforce doesn´t need you.

Me, I´m a friendly greeting type. And that friendliness turns to bitter anger when I get shunted. Especially by a pack of Indians who resent me for no fucking reason. Well, they have their reasons, but they´re just not fucking valid in my book. Hell, I´ve greeted up to a pack of ten Mayans at a time and not ONE of them said anything to me. Like they either all suck shit or had a prearranged agreement to ignore me. Fucking ridiculous. Even the kids look at me with scorn. I´m not sure if it´s my hair, my tattoos, my family, or some connection they see between me and Spain.

Not counting the Mayans, people in this town just about always say hello back. Much better than I can say from the time I made this same thread a few years ago about Vegas.

Most amazing jew boots
Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 05:16 PM Local time: Sep 2, 2006, 06:16 AM #2 of 33
You know, I notice that some Asians don't normally greet random strangers in the streets that they don't know. Even among Asians, normally they'd just walk by minding their own business. Just an observation though.

How ya doing, buddy?
SOJC
General of the Army of Spoons

Member 10884

Level 5.11

Aug 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 05:21 PM Local time: Sep 2, 2006, 12:21 AM #3 of 33
I don't know many people around where I live...so most of them don't say anything to me and I don't say anything to them(unless they say something to me).

I used to greet people when I walked on the canal and it annoyed me greatly when they didn't respond...and made me happy when they did respond...

Most amazing jew boots
Making the world a spoonier place
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 05:31 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 04:31 PM #4 of 33
Yeah. Fortunately the one person out of five that responds seems to make up for it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 05:32 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 02:32 PM #5 of 33
I always say hi whenever I walk by someone. It's just friendly. People normally respond around here in the city, but out in the suburbs I find people don't respond as frequently. It's weird.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dai
sunny rain

Member 5414

Level 5.27

Apr 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 05:34 PM #6 of 33
Around here, or where I live, if a stranger comes up to you and says hello for no reason, they're under suspicion of being up to something like robbing from you or just being a little crazy in the head. This is mostly because its the city and people are always paranoid and tend to mind their own business.

As for the Asian thing, my relatives often ignore people who greet them because they dont know English and wouldnt wanna complicate themselves in a matter where they have to make a conversation. That is, unless the stranger is Asian themself. (But then again when I happen to pass by a family member while commuting, they tend to ignore me too which is a little annoying)

There is also the thing we were taught when we were little; Dont talk to strangers.

But I dunno it's probably different in different places, or people are just too afraid/paranoid these days. Things happen lol.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 05:50 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 04:50 PM #7 of 33
I can understand avoiding awkward conversations you might not be ready/wanting for, but there´s no commitment when the fucker that just greeted you is going past in the opposite direction. That goes the same for the ol´ don´t talk to strangers bit... Unless you´re five.

FELIPE NO
lightgem
Chocobo

Member 1010

Level 12.35

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 05:50 PM #8 of 33
Originally Posted by Scarletdeath
You know, I notice that some Asians don't normally greet random strangers in the streets that they don't know. Even among Asians, normally they'd just walk by minding their own business. Just an observation though.
That's not entirely true, but that's true .

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
gidget
Shorter than girls should be.

Member 8290

Level 18.41

Jun 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 06:04 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 03:04 PM #9 of 33
I normally say "Hi" and/or smile at people when I'm walking around. Most of them will respond in a similar manner, but there are a few that give me dirty looks (I guess because I have piercings and I live in a mainly conservative town?). People are typically pretty friendly around here.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 06:30 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 05:30 PM #10 of 33
I'm a big-ugly-bearded-biker-looking guy, and I find smiling and/or saying hi to people creates a little trust between you, so they relax a bit and stop thinking "this is one big-ugly-bearded-biker-looking guy". If you seem nice to people, people will act nice to you. Overall, I live in a pretty friendly city. I don't think I've ever seen a simple hello ignored here. Hell, we have the word "friendly" on our license plates.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Thanatos
What?!

Member 1546

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 06:33 PM Local time: Sep 2, 2006, 07:33 AM #11 of 33
They don't give a damn. Heck, they'd look at you weird and start walking faster.

Most amazing jew boots
Kaphwan 86
Punt-a-bitch

Member 365

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 06:47 PM Local time: Sep 2, 2006, 01:47 AM #12 of 33
Unless there's interaction, saying hi to complete strangers or talking to them out of nowhere sounds weird to me.

Example of not weird (to me): Two people that are strangers to eachother are taking out the trash and they see the garbage man doing a double somersault and they start talking about it, because it's totally hilarious.

Example of weird (to me): You're walking down the street and someone says "Hi! ^_^" out of nowhere and keeps on walking.

Unless the latter is an acquaintance or something, I would of course say "Hi!" back or something. Both examples never happened to me, though. I'd probably say "Hi!" back to a stranger, but wonder afterwards why a stranger would say "Hi!" to me.

Most amazing jew boots
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 06:55 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 11:55 PM #13 of 33
I will usually smile and nod if a stranger acknowledges me in the street, but I never initiate anything like that.

If I'm pissed off and someone is staring at me I will stare right back at them until they look away. Having people stare is worse than if they ignore you when you're saying hello. Call me finicky but I just think it is.

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 07:30 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 05:30 PM #14 of 33
I normally smile or nod at someone as I walk by or return the acknowledgement if they do the same to me. Just common courtesy, I guess.

Also... If, let's say, I'm going to the post office and someone else is going there I do the same and I open the door. Most times I get the expected, "Thank you" but every once in a while (and it's always a guy that I get this from) I get a look of horrified disgust like I just tried to jump his bones wearing only a black leather mask and a 12" strap-on. Oh get over it "dude"! I don't wanna fuck you and either does your wife / girlfriend / goat (Circle one please), I'm just being curteous. Fuck!

WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 08:01 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 05:01 PM #15 of 33
I really only say "Hi" or whatever to people I know. If someone says it to me though, I'll usually just give a light smile and nod to acknowledge them and go about my business.

FELIPE NO
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 08:35 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 05:35 PM #16 of 33
If eye contact is made, people tend to say hello or smile politely. I find myself doing the same with my neighbors or people who I encounter when going to public places in general. I don't initiate greetings and only respond when another person says something first though.

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 08:43 PM #17 of 33
The Jews in my neighborhood don't greet me. They'll look right at me but if I say hi they're like shocked I guess and hardly say anything or just nod. What's up with that, I'm just trying to be friendly to everyone and I'm not going to disclude Jews but they disclude me. BECAUSE I'M BLACK.

starslight
if you want blood

Member 275

Level 17.17

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 09:01 PM #18 of 33
I don't talk to people I don't know unless I have to - like if I'm in a store or something, in which case I'm polite as possible, because I worked in retail for a year and I know how bad it can be.

I can't remember the last time someone randomly greeted me or anything, but I probably would pretend I didn't hear them. I'm not anti-social or anything, but I'm a lousy talker. So I keep my mouth shut and try not to make an ass out of myself.

Maybe other folks who aren't especially friendly are the same way. Or maybe I'm just one nebbish motherfucker.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by starslight; Sep 1, 2006 at 09:05 PM.
Overkill
Syklis Green

Member 1892

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 09:03 PM #19 of 33
I smile and nod, but that's about as far as my greetings typically go. Then again, if they initiate a conversation, and it's moderately interesting I might be fairly talkative. I'm not very sociable, admittedly, but I at least give people a response in recognition for their interaction.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
TheReverend
Rising Above The Rest

Member 4709

Level 26.30

Apr 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 09:41 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 08:41 PM #20 of 33
Originally Posted by Capo
I always say hi whenever I walk by someone. It's just friendly. People normally respond around here in the city, but out in the suburbs I find people don't respond as frequently. It's weird.
Actually it makes perfect sense. Suburban living fits with "I am an island" mentality. I drive home, remote open the garage, drive in, close the garage, do my thing, wake up, open garage, close garage remotely, drive to work, drive home, repeat ad nauseam.

I say hi. People sometimes reply.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
~ Ready To Strike ~
:Currently Playing: League Of Legends(PC), Skyrim(PC), Golden Sun: Lost Age(GBA), Twilight Princess(Wii), Portal2(PC), Dragon Warrior II(NES), Metroid Prime 2: Echoes(GC)
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 10:47 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 07:47 PM #21 of 33
I also hate the suburbs. People are so damn fake.

Trigunnerz
!!!

Member 814

Level 22.27

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 11:05 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 08:05 PM #22 of 33
Here in Los Angeles, the only reason a random guy comes up to you is to ask for money, give you some stupid brochure, or to mug you.

Dance party!
bahamuty
Celestial Chocobo

Member 1438

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2006, 12:25 AM #23 of 33
I occasionally greet strangers with "Hi". Of course sometimes you get no response and I hate that. I always respond back when someone else says "Hi".

FELIPE NO
Identity Crisis
Keeping You Warm

Member 11146

Level 26.65

Aug 2006

Old Sep 2, 2006, 12:36 AM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 10:36 PM #24 of 33
In my neighborhood, people will usually say "Hi," "Howdy," etc, and I respond with a hello of my own and a possible wave, depending how far away they are.

Downtown, however, is different. Everyone automatically assumes that, when I greet them, I'm either asking for money or directions, and they give me a look and walk away as if they don't have the time to deal with me. Cold shoulder, piff...

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2006, 01:21 AM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 11:21 PM #25 of 33
The random greetings only take place in my street and not usually where there's actually business going on. Whenever I'm outside in my garage and the door is opened up, people can walk by walking their dog or whatever and usually say hi or something. Usually I'll nod or wave or something. Similarly we just nod and say hi to our neighbours - nothing to the extent of the next door neighbour type conversations as seen in "Home Improvement". My usual response is at least a nod and a smile, and sometimes a sheeply "hi" if I'm just walking around my neighbourhood.

- What we all do best -

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > You silly ass, dirty Indian... I said hello.