Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Tattoos. Where do you stand on them?

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 07:41 PM Local time: Aug 25, 2006, 06:41 PM #26 of 73
Originally Posted by Visavi
I personally don't have any tattoos or piercings, but I don't mind if other people have them. However, it's funny when the very outspoken Christians tell me that people who don't go to church won't get into Heaven, then they turn red when I tell them that their ear piercings or small cross tattoo is a sin.
Actually, Vis, that's a misreading of the scripture. People who quote that tend to combine the concept of the body as a temple to christ, and the no marking of the flesh verses. They're seperate, and the tattooing is actually only outlawed if you're part of the priest cast of a specific sect of early form judiasm. However, I don't think christ died so basketball players could have him tattooed on their chest.

Personally, I'm extremely pro-tattoo. I have a partial sleeve on my left arm, and go in for the outline of the complete sleeve on the right pretty quick here. I'll soon have my chest and upper back done after that, and then both calves. I've currently got some script work on my right inner forearm, as well.

I also worked as a professional piercer in europe for a while, as well as a few local shops here. There is nothing wrong with body art, so long as it is just that, art. If there isn't a story behind why you did what you did, you'll grow to hate it. I.E. the Manson-esque 666 angst tattoo. That shit will get played out, even for Legion.

I mean, tattooing has been used for centuries, dating back to early northern Chinese usage as a relief for ailments such as arthritis, or the more commonly known Maori tattooing-as-ritual-manhood practice. They exist for a million different reasons to a million different people. Is there currently a move away from the tribal revivialist movement that started all this? Yes. Is it mostly about appearance to a lot of stupid people? Yes. But not to all of them. Some people make educated, long thought out choices about what to put on their bodies. Though I think some of the people in this thread were a half step away from pointing at flash on the wall and saying "I want this somewhere hawt", it shouldn't take away from how truly spiritual a tattoo can be. I'm currently in my fifth year of study on tattooing in the modern society, and some of the stories I've heard are truly powerful. Of course, some of them are about getting the triple six tattooed on you to prove how truly anti-god you are, but there are some people out there getting it right.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Last edited by No. Hard Pass.; Aug 25, 2006 at 07:45 PM.
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 08:52 PM Local time: Aug 25, 2006, 07:52 PM #27 of 73
Originally Posted by Niekon
if the tattoo artist has any sort of morals or credibility they won't touch anyone who has been drinking. Drinking thins the blood... thin blood = bleeder. Yes you're going to bleed when getting inked... but the thin blood will make it worse and no respectable inker wants to do something that is going to looked like a piece of crap due to the receiver having alcohol in their blood.
That's all well and good. I guess it's good that we can count on the average person to hold himself or herself to the highest of moral standards, to never do anything that could damage their credibility and integrity.

How ya doing, buddy?
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 12:40 AM Local time: Aug 27, 2006, 11:40 PM #28 of 73
Originally Posted by Guest
I wasn't being sarcastic, I was talking about forplay. :x

If you can't spell it, you probably can't fucking do it properly.

Also:

Originally Posted by Guest
I wouldn't mind tracing that star like symbol on my girlfriends back while we had sex.
You can't have foreplay while you're fucking. It comes beFORE sex. If you're fucking, it isn't foreplay. You goddamn idiot child. Go away and never come back.

Most amazing jew boots

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Last edited by No. Hard Pass.; Aug 28, 2006 at 12:51 AM.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 12:46 AM #29 of 73
Oh my god, that's the most dull foreplay I have ever heard of. Are you trying to bore your girlfriend's legs apart?

I don't think that's the right definition of bore, Mr. Guest

I was speaking idiomatically.
galen
lost control then i got it back now my position has changed

Member 655

Level 25.35

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 01:03 AM Local time: Aug 27, 2006, 11:03 PM #30 of 73
Well hey, if she passes out then he'll have a MUCH easier time of it, won't he?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 11:41 AM #31 of 73
Originally Posted by Denicalis
Of course, some of them are about getting the triple six tattooed on you to prove how truly anti-god you are, but there are some people out there getting it right.
In defense of the original poster, they did have an ok reasoning for it, but I think they could of been more creative with it.

FELIPE NO
Gecko3
Good Chocobo

Member 991

Level 14.63

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 01:08 PM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 01:08 PM #32 of 73
I don't have any, and I'm not opposed to them, so long as it's not something offensive (like a swastika) or so large that the tattoo draws more attention than the person themselves.

Personally, I don't want any though, cause I can't imagine the tattoos would look good on you when you're old and wrinkly, and I don't want to pay to have them removed later either.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
gidget
Shorter than girls should be.

Member 8290

Level 18.41

Jun 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 01:15 PM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 10:15 AM #33 of 73
Originally Posted by Gecko3
Personally, I don't want any though, cause I can't imagine the tattoos would look good on you when you're old and wrinkly, and I don't want to pay to have them removed later either.
We're not going to look good when we're old and wrinkly anyways..

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 01:39 PM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 11:39 AM #34 of 73
Man... If I had the body for it I would TOTALLY get a tattoo. I don't know what I'd get though. If anything I've always wanted an eagle perched on a cactus killing a snake. For those who that sounds familiar to, that's actually the symbol of the birth of the country of Mexico and is what the Aztecs saw as what their prophecy foretold as being the place where they would root themselves. They saw this when they stumbled on the lake of Teotihuacan and it's now in the center of the flag.

Although, I have taken a lot of hints from one of my friends who's a tattoo artist here in Visalia. He lays down a ton of in every week and he's always telling me about the strangest shit that people get on themselves. He also told me the golden rule of getting a tattoo is to really LOVE what you're getting inked on you. He tells me, "Draw or print what you want put on your body and put it somewhere where you will see it everyday for a year. If you get tired of it after a year, it's not for you."

I guess I'll have to think about it. I've seen some really good scripture work done around here. In fact, of all the tattoos that people on GFF have my favorite one is the one that Deni has that says "He Lies With The Truth". Fucking ace~

Hachifusa
Pre-defined Avatar~

Member 121

Level 17.12

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 02:30 PM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 12:30 PM #35 of 73
I was a fucking idiot and got the Japanese symbols with a friend of mine.

Then, I figure out that the Japanese is wrong. Nothing funny, but just wrong, so it's just ridiculous looking.

I'm twenty and I already regret mine.

Most amazing jew boots
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 02:50 PM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 01:50 PM #36 of 73
Originally Posted by Encephalon
I guess I'll have to think about it. I've seen some really good scripture work done around here. In fact, of all the tattoos that people on GFF have my favorite one is the one that Deni has that says "He Lies With The Truth". Fucking ace~

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 03:05 PM #37 of 73
Deni, I like the Earthbound underneath your arm in that picture.

Back on topic, I personally would like a tattoo. I wouldnt want mine to be too big and definitely in a place that cannot easily be seen by others. I dont care so much if other people have them although I think people should put a lot of thought into it. Oh yeah, I think Chinese and Japanese characters look really dumb, especially becuase you see them on everyone.

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 03:29 PM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 01:29 PM #38 of 73

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Unas
Syklis Green

Member 11611

Level 8.84

Aug 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 04:45 PM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 10:45 PM #39 of 73
Thats a deadly tat Deni.
I'm getting one just as soon as my funds allow considering i've been planning to for like, 10 years, but I don't think i'll get it somewhere in plain view just in case it could be a problem for me for jobs or whatnot

FELIPE NO
Lost_solitude
stop stealing my "me time"

Member 2164

Level 13.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 04:59 PM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 11:59 AM #40 of 73
I say to each his own. If you wanna turn your whole body into a tatto mural then go for it. Me, i plan on getting a nice tribal one down my right arm and maybe a puerto rican one on my other shoulder and thats about it.

Blades Of Ice
=O

Member 6689

Level 7.53

May 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 05:06 PM #41 of 73
Tattoos and body markings have been a cultural tradition since the begining of mankind. Tattoos are no different, and if they truly mean something to someone, then by all means go ahead and get one.

What I dislike are people who go out and get "skulls and dragons" with no meaning other than wanting something cool drawn on them. Words of wisdom would best fit on me, or a single symbol, very small that defined me in a very clever way.

Awhile back I watched a friend of mine (female) get a tattoo of a NES controller on her lower back. Now *that's* retro, and I know she absolutely loves the old school stuff.

How ya doing, buddy?
*AkirA*

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 05:18 PM #42 of 73
Is a tattoo on the upper part of your back a chick thing? Around the area between the shoulder blades? I know girls tend to get theyre lower back tattooed and that is definately a place you wouldnt see a guy get one. So im just wondering if its the same on the upper back?

Deni, you gotta post pics of the sleeves when you get them all finished.

Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 05:22 PM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 04:22 PM #43 of 73
I like tattoos as long as they aren't horribly mismatched. A good (bad) example of this is a guy I saw that had Hitler's portrait tattooed on one arm, and Minnie Mouse on the other, along with dozens of other random things.

I think for a woman, getting F-holes (like on a violin/viola/cello) on the back is absolutely wonderful:

My favorite tattoo scheme would be a guy that used to work at our Borders. He had this Aztec theme going, with a patter going evenly around his neck and Quetzalcoatl earrings. Or my old art teacher (you would remember, Ence), who had something like Indian pottery designs all over his body. Things that make your body a unified work of art are awesome. One tattoo of something you love, or for a good reason is cool. Lots of random crap is just ugly.

That said, I'm getting a tattoo with one of my friends sometime this semester. Nothing big, just an alto clef; we're both violists, so we're getting the same thing:

He's planning on expanding his tattoos, but this is the only one I'm getting. I won't get tired of it, but I'm having trouble deciding where to put it. I need it in a place that can be both easily concealed and revealed.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Arkhangelsk; Aug 28, 2006 at 06:46 PM.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 06:17 PM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 04:17 PM #44 of 73
Originally Posted by Arkhangelsk
I think for a woman, getting F-holes (like on a violin/viola/cello) on the back is absolutely wonderful:
Even though your image linking sucks, I can kind of picture that and you know... That would be DEAD SEXY to see on a woman's back. Fuck yes it would be...

Quote:
Or my old art teacher (you would remember, Ence), who had something like Indian pottery designs all over his body. Things that make your body a unified work of art are awesome.
SERIOUSLY. He was supposed to get more ink done on him but last time I saw him I told him it looked great. That whole pattern looks great on him even though I know that the department chair at UC Mooney "frowns upon it". On top of that, he's twice my age and in better shape than I'll EVER be in, so it figures. Some people just look fucking great with ink on them.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 06:48 PM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 05:48 PM #45 of 73
Originally Posted by Encephalon
Even though your image linking sucks...
Happier now?
Quote:
I can kind of picture that and you know... That would be DEAD SEXY to see on a woman's back. Fuck yes it would be...
It is. It's not that unique, as I've heard that quite a few girls get it done, but I still think it's an awesome idea. I would get it done myself if not for the fact that A) it would cost a bit of money to get done and B) I don't really have the body for it. I think girls with narrower shoulders but broader hips work it best.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 07:17 PM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 06:17 PM #46 of 73
Originally Posted by *AkirA*
Is a tattoo on the upper part of your back a chick thing? Around the area between the shoulder blades? I know girls tend to get theyre lower back tattooed and that is definately a place you wouldnt see a guy get one. So im just wondering if its the same on the upper back?

Deni, you gotta post pics of the sleeves when you get them all finished.

Nah, I know a ton of cats who have their shoulder blades/between tatted up. Some really nice work, too. My personal favourite was a jewish guy I know who had Santa being crucified on the cross. Fantastic.

Also, try to keep me from posting new ink when I get it.

Most amazing jew boots

*AkirA*

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 07:26 PM #47 of 73
Nah, I know a ton of cats who have their shoulder blades/between tatted up. Some really nice work, too. My personal favourite was a jewish guy I know who had Santa being crucified on the cross. Fantastic.

Also, try to keep me from posting new ink when I get it.
Im glad, because thats the place I planned on getting a tattoo when I get mine done.

I dont think I would be able to have only one arm done, or one shoulder blade, etc. I need symmetry, and I really only plan on getting one. I heard there addictive though.

Im looking forward to the new ink.

How ya doing, buddy?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 07:31 PM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 06:31 PM #48 of 73
Originally Posted by *AkirA*
Im glad, because thats the place I planned on getting a tattoo when I get mine done.

I dont think I would be able to have only one arm done, or one shoulder blade, etc. I need symmetry, and I really only plan on getting one. I heard there addictive though.

Im looking forward to the new ink.
You can never just get a single tattoo. You'll get addicted to the art, and to the endorphin rush. I'm using my art as body armour. Forearms, shoulders, chest, upper back, spine, calves... gladiatorial coverage.

*AkirA*

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 07:39 PM #49 of 73
You can never just get a single tattoo. You'll get addicted to the art, and to the endorphin rush. I'm using my art as body armour. Forearms, shoulders, chest, upper back, spine, calves... gladiatorial coverage.
Ive really been thinking about one lately. Im no longer just muling over the idea, but giving it real consideration.

I just started working out again after a long hiatus. Im toning my body back up, and I really feel like a tattoo would solidify my determination.

Im still looking for that one thing to just pop into my head.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 07:46 PM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 05:46 PM #50 of 73
Here we go... I knew I'd find a picture of what I've been wanting to get.

I mean, it would need a lot more detail than that, of course; but that's pretty much it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Tattoos. Where do you stand on them?