Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Tattoos. Where do you stand on them?

munchkin13
*meow*

Member 1634

Level 10.22

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 08:57 AM Local time: Aug 25, 2006, 02:57 PM #1 of 73
Tattoos. Where do you stand on them?

I was having a discussion with a friend of mine about tattoos yesterday. He is completely opposed to them and even refuses to date a girl who has one. He dispises them so much that whenever we go out i have to have mine covered otherwise he walk next to me let alone talk to me, instead he'll sulk for a couple of hours.
Anywho I was just wondering where the people of gamingforce stood on tattoos. I'm personally not against them I have 2, one on my shoulder which is a shooting star and 3 sixes on the back of my neck. I thought them through and both have a meaning to them.
So what do you lot think? Are you for or against? Do you have any?
I turn it over to you.
:biggrin:

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 09:05 AM #2 of 73
I wouldn't want to have one. I don't really mind if others have one, or more, as long as it's not too big. If your arm is green, that's a problem.

Most amazing jew boots
Niekon
WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Member 52

Level 19.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 09:06 AM Local time: Aug 25, 2006, 07:06 AM #3 of 73
I am all for tattoos as long as the artwork actually has meaning for the person receiving it... it's a design that they had a hand in creating... and not some flash off the wall.
People who go into ink joints without a clue are the people that don't need to get them... and yet they still manage to get them.

And as to whether or not I have any... I have a few. One on my upper right arm and two on my lower left arm. Upper right arm is Tommy 2-Tone... the mascot of the 2nd ska generation... something that I was part of and part of my life. The lower left arm consists of an ankh on the inside of my arm and a scarab with the rising sun in its front legs and setting sun in its hind legs representing eternity (sensing an Egyptian theme there?). I think there are photos of them somewhere mixed in the SoCal meet pictures... kind of hard to miss them...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 09:06 AM #4 of 73
I don't have a problem with tattoos per se; I have one myself, although I hate it. The thing that bothers me about tattoos is that I know SO MANY people who got tattoos when they were young and now they hate them. See, the things that are meaningful to you at 18, 19, 20...hell, even at 25 or 26 sometimes, in all likelihood won't mean squat to you when you're 35 or 40, and then you have this thing - whatever it is - permanently etched on your body.

As I get older I find myself warming more and more to the "live and let live" mentality, so tattoos aren't extremely offensive to me. Why worry over something that doesn't affect you? It's ridiculous to get upset over someone else's choices. I just think it's a stupid thing to do to yourself when you're at an age where you haven't even really become yourself yet.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 09:28 AM #5 of 73
I have a tattoo and plan on getting at least one more. I believe in marking yourself up with the things that are important in your life. I don't like the stupid fucking tribals and shit - I think they're ugly and pointless.

The next tattoo I get I already have planned - three bumblebees flying about. Probably on my left shoulder to balance out what I have on my right forearm.

But yea. I'm down with tattoos, so long as they signifiy something important in your life - not something stupid and retarded that means nothing to no one.

I was speaking idiomatically.
munchkin13
*meow*

Member 1634

Level 10.22

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 09:28 AM Local time: Aug 25, 2006, 03:28 PM #6 of 73
you make an excellent point AliceNWondrland. My tattos do have meaning to them for me, especially the 3 sixes because I was born on friday 13th and have always ben told by my parents i have 3 sixes tattooed on my left ear that only show up when i've been very naughty. Although I haven't killed anyone yet by using my anti-christ powers it's always been a theme so i think it will mean something to me later in life.
but I agree that some people just get them for the fun of it without thinking it through and regret it later in life. I know a few people who've done it and really hate it now.

How ya doing, buddy?
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 09:42 AM Local time: Aug 25, 2006, 08:42 AM #7 of 73
I don't necessarily have a problem with tattoos. I certainly wouldn't disown someone for having them. I am not a fan of tattoos that are visible when wearing normal clothes, but to each his own. I wouldn't not date a girl because she had a tattoo, unless it was on the face or somewhere else highly visible that would restrict her career opportunities. I don't have any and don't plan on getting any, but that's because I don't feel the need. I do laugh at people who get a tattoo when they're drunk and end up getting something that is stupid or ugly and then regret it when they sober up and realize what they've done.

FELIPE NO
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
munchkin13
*meow*

Member 1634

Level 10.22

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 09:56 AM Local time: Aug 25, 2006, 03:56 PM #8 of 73
Sassafrass why 3 bumble bees? And what do you haveon your forearm?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
ORLY
YA RLY

Member 8978

Level 7.21

Jun 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:14 AM #9 of 73
I personally don't have any tatoos, but I have nothing against them (unless they're really badly done/ugly), and I really don't care what other people do, as long as it dosn't affect anyone else negatively. It's your life, after you reach a certain age, you should be free to do whatever makes you happy (within reason).

*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:25 AM #10 of 73
Ive always ran the thought of getting one back and forth in my head, but I can never settle on a single thing thats meaningful enough to me to warrant a tattoo.

I will proably get one someday, but if that one thing doesnt hit me, then im not gonna just do it to do it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Tek2000
NOT AVAILABLE

Member 1641

Level 10.58

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:37 AM #11 of 73
I dislike both tattoos and piercings; they make people look unclean and somewhat creepy.

How ya doing, buddy?
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:41 AM #12 of 73
Originally Posted by munchkin13
Sassafrass why 3 bumble bees? And what do you haveon your forearm?
My last name in French means "Bumblebee." Considering I am extremely tightly knit with my family (my father and sister - my mother has been a "friend" since I was a kid - never too much of a Mom), I figured three bumblebees would depict the love I have for my family well enough.

At the same time, ironically, my two best friends and I have a thing about bumblebees. So I could kill two birds with one stone, really. The three of us friends and the three of us family members. LOVE, BABY. IT'S ALL YOU NEED.

I presently have Percival from Sinfest on my right arm.

It has meanings I would rather not go into around here these days. ^_^

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 11:16 AM #13 of 73
I'm sorta on the fence in regards to tattoos. At one point I really wanted to get one, but then I realized that I may not really want it in the future, something I would be pretty pissed at myself for. My sister got a stupid ass crooked star above her thigh on he waist, and it's the dumbest thing I've ever seen in my life. She insists she will never regret it, but, whatever. It's dumb tattoos like that that I hate, and make me more opposed to getting one myself.

Koneko
Procrastinating Artist Extraordinaire

Member 1046

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 12:15 PM Local time: Aug 25, 2006, 10:15 AM #14 of 73
I have two tattoos. My parents don't get them, but they don't care about mine (They REALLY don't get my sister's rather large, colored tallship tattoo on her right inner thigh). All 4 of my grandparents hate tattoos and aren't pleased either of us have them, but at least they speak to us. I might get more tattoos, but this is what I have so far:

(On my upper-back/neck area

(On my lower back but not as low as some girls put their tattoos)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

"I reject your reality and subsitute my own!"
Jujubee
Good Chocobo

Member 416

Level 16.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 12:48 PM Local time: Aug 25, 2006, 11:48 AM #15 of 73
I honestly don't care much for piercings or tattoos. When I was about 10 years old I wanted to get my ears pierced but I'm glad I didn't. I would never get a tattoo because if I live to be 40, I don't want to have a perminent shit stain on my arm. But don't get me wrong, I love art in all its form, like those designs Koneko posted. I wouldn't mind tracing that star like symbol on my girlfriends back while we had sex.

Most amazing jew boots
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 12:50 PM Local time: Aug 25, 2006, 10:50 AM #16 of 73
I don't mind tattoos and would like to get some myself, however they're expensive and it would have to be something I really enjoy.

One idea would to have the cyborg boss from Contra III, the one that busts through the walls, and instead of walls it would be my chest cavitity that he busts through. That would be cool.

Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 12:53 PM #17 of 73
Originally Posted by Guest
But don't get me wrong, I love art in all its form, like those designs Koneko posted. I wouldn't mind tracing that star like symbol on my girlfriends back while we had sex.
Pardon me, but WFT?

Jujubee
Good Chocobo

Member 416

Level 16.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 01:09 PM Local time: Aug 25, 2006, 12:09 PM #18 of 73
I wasn't being sarcastic, I was talking about forplay. :x

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Jujubee; Aug 25, 2006 at 01:12 PM.
Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 01:41 PM #19 of 73
I personally don't have any tattoos or piercings, but I don't mind if other people have them. However, it's funny when the very outspoken Christians tell me that people who don't go to church won't get into Heaven, then they turn red when I tell them that their ear piercings or small cross tattoo is a sin.

I wanted a tattoo, but I've heard so many stories about people who get tattoos and then they don't want them later. Also, tattoos tend to fade over time, so the ink is permanent but the design isn't. A bunch of my friends who had grandfathers that served in WWII told me about how they got anchor tattoos or snake tattoos and now it just looks like faded blotches. I prefer the temporary tattoos or henna.

Most amazing jew boots

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 02:02 PM #20 of 73
With tattoos....I say if you want one, by all means go for it. It's your body, HOWEVER....don't be getting one because you want to be cool, and have some gaudy looking, 'in style' tattoo that like Alice said...represents nothing in your life. I don't like that type of tattooing, I find it to be rather empty and retarded.

I say, get a tattoo that you are geuninely going to love and remember your whole life and it's something that's very special to you. Don't get a massive tattoo across your chest that really doesn't signify anything, other than the fact you did it because that's what Hardcore Kids and Emo Kids do nowadays. That really pisses me off.

Oh and one more thing...don't get a fucking tattoo of a band. You like them now, you'll end up hating them probably 3-5 yrs. from now.

Nahual
k'iskallawankitaj mamaykipis riman

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 02:33 PM #21 of 73
I don't care much for tatoos and if someone wants one, who cares. I'd probably get a henna thing done if I wanted something like that. I'd get it from my English teacher. She's awesome.

I just think about people who have tattoos on their arm or whatever and wonder how it will look like when they are 80 and all wrinkly. I'm not sure it will be pretty.

Quiero ayudar a todos que viven en el mundo...pero empiezo contigo.

gidget
Shorter than girls should be.

Member 8290

Level 18.41

Jun 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 02:37 PM Local time: Aug 25, 2006, 11:37 AM #22 of 73
Originally Posted by Sassafrass
I presently have Percival from Sinfest on my right arm.
I like Percy. He's a funny character.

I love the way tattoos look, and I don't have any problem with people getting them. I've always wanted to get a tattoo but I've never come up with a tattoo idea that I still like after a few months, so it'll be awhile before I get one. I'm thinking about getting a cartoon ferret on my back but who knows if I'll still like that a couple of months from now.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 06:15 PM Local time: Aug 25, 2006, 03:15 PM #23 of 73
I know a few people who ended up with a tattoo when they entered college, but I don’t plan on personally getting one. I don't mind them at all, and sometimes I've seen tattoos on odd parts of the body.

FELIPE NO
Niekon
WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Member 52

Level 19.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 06:22 PM Local time: Aug 25, 2006, 04:22 PM #24 of 73
Originally Posted by russ
I do laugh at people who get a tattoo when they're drunk and end up getting something that is stupid or ugly and then regret it when they sober up and realize what they've done.
if the tattoo artist has any sort of morals or credibility they won't touch anyone who has been drinking. Drinking thins the blood... thin blood = bleeder. Yes you're going to bleed when getting inked... but the thin blood will make it worse and no respectable inker wants to do something that is going to looked like a piece of crap due to the receiver having alcohol in their blood.

Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 06:34 PM Local time: Aug 25, 2006, 06:34 PM #25 of 73
I think tattoos are great if and only if they are done well. Too many times I've seen crap tattoo jobs with the infamous (made up) Chinese characters. Those I dislike are really heavy blobs that you can't tell what the heck it is unless you look up close. A good tattoo in my opinion is the RHCP Anthony's back -- eagle wings. Using your back to have this massive tattoo is a plus from me. I think it's great to use it as a palette if you have something to show.

I wouldn't mind getting a tattoo only if I knew what I want to get and where. The permanence is a set back for me; I don't want to regret my action. So far I have none. Piercings on the other hand, I'm fine with as well, but only ears. I don't mind if guys would have both their ears pierced either, since I think having just one ear pierced looks silly.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Tattoos. Where do you stand on them?