Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

New Muse album...

Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 02:56 PM Local time: May 29, 2006, 08:56 PM #76 of 233
I dunno, Starlight's a bit dull to me tbh. Sounds like their old stuff and is unoriginal. Gimme Supermassive Black Hole and Knights of Cydonia anyday.

How ya doing, buddy?

>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Long Live Lost
LiveJournal: Latest Entry: My Political Leanings.
Latest JOURNAL Entry:
ITE: I review the latest album by The Guillemots (also, exam results)

Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 04:13 PM Local time: May 30, 2006, 09:13 PM #77 of 233
Originally Posted by Majin yami
I dunno, Starlight's a bit dull to me tbh. Sounds like their old stuff and is unoriginal. Gimme Supermassive Black Hole and Knights of Cydonia anyday.
It is a more simpler song than the other 2 newies, but I still like it a lot. I'm a huge fan though, so I tend to like all their songs. I don't think I dislike any of them, s'why they're ma favourite band . I can't wait to hear the songs they played on their American tour, those were awesome.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 02:16 AM Local time: May 31, 2006, 02:16 AM #78 of 233
I took a whirl with the subpar recordings of Knights of Cydonia and Starlight. I could make a just comparison with Supermassive Black Hole if they had studio recordings, but so far I like KoC and Starlight, but not as much as SBH. SBH just really stands out in my mind now. It's just so trippy.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 06:59 PM Local time: May 31, 2006, 11:59 PM #79 of 233
Originally Posted by Dee
I took a whirl with the subpar recordings of Knights of Cydonia and Starlight. I could make a just comparison with Supermassive Black Hole if they had studio recordings, but so far I like KoC and Starlight, but not as much as SBH. SBH just really stands out in my mind now. It's just so trippy.
I'd probably have to agree, i'm sure that my opinion will be changed when I hear the recorded versions in all their glory. The recordings of the new songs are from the first time they played them, so once the dudes loosen things up and get used to playing them they'll get way more experimental with them.

FELIPE NO
Zurc
Mother of God

Member 1572

Level 8.29

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2006, 11:40 AM Local time: Jun 3, 2006, 05:40 PM #80 of 233
New song released, "Map of the Problematique": http://www.muse-download.com/ftp/new...tv%20Italy.mp3

Too average. :\

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2006, 03:48 PM Local time: Jun 3, 2006, 09:48 PM #81 of 233
I love Map of the Problematique. Although, it's the weakest after 'Starlight'. MOTP has some crazy ass drumming though.

How ya doing, buddy?

Long Live Lost
Latest JOURNAL Entry:

Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2006, 05:25 PM Local time: Jun 3, 2006, 04:25 PM #82 of 233
There's a bit of a techno vibe to MotP, but I like it. Maybe not so much as other songs, but it's a bit different from the Absolution tracks.

Also, the new album artwork:

Also, Black Holes & Revelations will be released in the US July 11th, with Knights of Cydonia being the radio single. Personally, I think SMBH would be better, but what do I know >_>... oh! and they're definitely coming to the US to tour this fall! They had better come around Austin, TX. I mean, they were in Houston, Austin and Dallas for the Absolution tour, so...yeah.

Also, I like the Muse av/sig thing going on in this thread

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Arkhangelsk; Jun 3, 2006 at 05:30 PM.
Dan1500
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 5624

Level 2.74

Apr 2006

Old Jun 3, 2006, 08:44 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2006, 02:44 AM #83 of 233
even though i live in the same country i have been unable to attend a concert so far, although i have a concert dvd and ALL of muse's cds currently. i do not listen to the radio frequently and have heard that their new music is a drastic change in direction but i have heard the differences between one and the next album and muse never say the same for long. i wish they were bigger if only just becuase the credibility of their first few albums is equal to that of enormous bands such as queens first few albums. most people will think that is an enormous exageration but i have grown up with queen and this is huge stuff!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2006, 08:45 PM Local time: Jun 3, 2006, 08:45 PM #84 of 233
I'm like the only one not using Muse for their avatar/sig.

What? Knights of Cydonia as the single? Oh man that sucks! Supermassive Black Hole trumps all songs that are released so far.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2006, 06:14 AM Local time: Jun 4, 2006, 11:14 AM #85 of 233
After all of the recordings i've heard from all of the new songs, I have to say i'm more excited than ever for the new album. I love Map of the Problematique, i've read all the comparisons which I wont state here since I don't like saying "oh it sounds like ___" since I just tend to listen to the song and say if I like it or not.

I'm so glad they got Storm Thorgerson to do the new artwork, it looks like it's heavily based on the imagery of Knights of Cydonia, with the earth being in the sky since Cydonia is a place on the moon, the general western surroundings and horses on the table. Thumbs up.

Japan release it June 28th with a bonus track - rumoured to be DES, apparently German release June 30th, UK release is July 3rd and US release is July 11th.

I think they made a mistake with releasing Knights of Cydonia for the American release, I think Supermassive Black Hole would've done a lot better for the American market since Knights is a bit weird for a single.

They're doing a gig in London on June 12th, it's going to be recorded by AOL as an AOL session. I would've gone, but I come back from Download festival that day and there's no way I would've made it to London ;_;. Still there's always Leeds and their tour in October/November time <3.

Last edited by Sian; Jun 4, 2006 at 07:28 AM.
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2006, 09:47 AM Local time: Jun 4, 2006, 03:47 PM #86 of 233
I love the album cover, although I think it would have been better on a Knights of Cydonia single cover, but there we go.

I really, really, really wanna see Muse live, but they never play anywhere near Bristol.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Long Live Lost
Latest JOURNAL Entry:

Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2006, 01:19 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2006, 06:19 PM #87 of 233
I love the album cover, although I think it would have been better on a Knights of Cydonia single cover, but there we go.

I really, really, really wanna see Muse live, but they never play anywhere near Bristol.
Travelling is your friend kind sir.

I was desperate to see them live, so I went all the way to merry old London for their shows at Earls Court from Preston. It was worth it all though, best band i've seen live for sure.

FELIPE NO
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2006, 03:19 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2006, 09:19 PM #88 of 233
Originally Posted by Sian
Travelling is your friend kind sir.

I was desperate to see them live, so I went all the way to merry old London for their shows at Earls Court from Preston. It was worth it all though, best band i've seen live for sure.
Ahhh, but lack of money is my enemy. I suppose I could fork out for a train ticket to somewhere like Birmingham or Cardiff, but I dislike public transport so much. Can't wait til I can drive.

How ya doing, buddy?

Long Live Lost
Latest JOURNAL Entry:

Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2006, 04:36 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2006, 09:36 PM #89 of 233
Ahhh, but lack of money is my enemy. I suppose I could fork out for a train ticket to somewhere like Birmingham or Cardiff, but I dislike public transport so much. Can't wait til I can drive.
Guess i'm uber lucky to have parents that like Muse. Once they hear something being played in my room about 50 times it starts to grow on them and in cases, they ask for copies themselves.

Not sure where abouts you live but they'll be doing a UK tour soon enough where they'll play all the arena's in the major cities. Make sure you're online to order tickets as soon as they go on sale, they sell like no other.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2006, 04:55 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2006, 10:55 PM #90 of 233
Guess i'm uber lucky to have parents that like Muse. Once they hear something being played in my room about 50 times it starts to grow on them and in cases, they ask for copies themselves.
My Mum adores 'Sing for Absolution' which is good 'cause it's one of my faves as well.

Not sure where abouts you live but they'll be doing a UK tour soon enough where they'll play all the arena's in the major cities. Make sure you're online to order tickets as soon as they go on sale, they sell like no other.
Yeah, learnt my lesson from Reading this year. So wanted to go...

Long Live Lost
Latest JOURNAL Entry:

Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2006, 05:08 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2006, 10:08 PM #91 of 233
Yeah, learnt my lesson from Reading this year. So wanted to go...
Why don't you try for a day ticket, it's what I did for Leeds. I remember when I was booking tickets for Earls Court I was online at bang on 9.00am and standing tickets were sold out when I tried. I was sooo fucking pissed off. Still, even with seating tickets it was the best concert i'd been to. Can't wait for Leeds though since it's all standing, get to jump around like a loon =D.

ava lilly
not a lily

Member 307

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2006, 10:18 PM #92 of 233
I know they definitely came to Toronto and Montreal when they did the last North American tour, so there's a good bet they'll do so again if they decide to stop at the same places as before. I wonder how big they'll be this time around. I know quite a few people who know of muse, but as far as I'm aware they're still playing clubs and smaller venues as opposed to headlining at arenas. which is radfabulous, because I'm definitely going to make a point of going to see them this time. I MUST.

I'm holding off on the muse-enthused avatar/sig sets 'til it gets closer to the album release. hopefully not too many more songs will be leaked, because if I hear all the live versions of the songs now it just won't be the same as discovering them all at once when the album hits. a little hype isn't bad, but hype tends to ruin everything and as awesome as muse is, I don't think I want to see too much of this new album end up on the internet before the album is even released.

anticipation people!

Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 01:49 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 12:49 AM #93 of 233
Yeah, my parents (especially my dad) like Muse pretty well. My mom likes "Sing For Absolution" the best. I'm always putting on random things in other languages in the car, so maybe they're just glad that it's rock in English . Unfortunately, I think that Muse still plays fairly large venues in the US...at least, last time they came around they were on the MTVU[niversity] lineup, so the venues were large if only because of that. But maybe if they come around Austin under their own steam they'll play in some of the clubs. I'll be 21, so it won't matter to me where they play as long as I can get a ticket soon enough!! I have a friend that's interested in making them his 'first concert' as well.

I signed up for Infernal's "random av/sig" thing, so I'll leave that up in lieu of the Muse one for awhile. And just when I had switched....

Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:02 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 10:02 AM #94 of 233
Why don't you try for a day ticket, it's what I did for Leeds. I remember when I was booking tickets for Earls Court I was online at bang on 9.00am and standing tickets were sold out when I tried. I was sooo fucking pissed off. Still, even with seating tickets it was the best concert i'd been to. Can't wait for Leeds though since it's all standing, get to jump around like a loon =D.

I would try for the day ticket, but I only really wanna see Muse and Feeder on that day, so it'd be a bit of a waste of money.

How ya doing, buddy?

Long Live Lost
Latest JOURNAL Entry:

Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 05:42 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 10:42 AM #95 of 233
I would try for the day ticket, but I only really wanna see Muse and Feeder on that day, so it'd be a bit of a waste of money.
I didn't care how much it was, I just saw MUSE and booked them =p.

Well new album release or not I tend to have a Muse sig going anyway. They were playing the clubs in America and Canada, so now they'll probably bump up a venue and be playing a slightly larger venue. I'd love to see them at a small club though, but there was something about the arena shows - the huge ass screens, the thousands of lights, the balloons, the confetti, the 30,000 people singing along, the general out of this world atmosphere...oh the memories ;_;.

FELIPE NO
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 05:42 AM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 11:42 AM #96 of 233
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...3C29396EC88DE7

Studio Knights of Cydonia. It's like Queen on Speed with voice synths and trumpets thrown in. My ears are orgasming (is that even a word?)

Most amazing jew boots

Long Live Lost
Latest JOURNAL Entry:

Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 06:14 AM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 11:14 AM #97 of 233
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...3C29396EC88DE7

Studio Knights of Cydonia. It's like Queen on Speed with voice synths and trumpets thrown in. My ears are orgasming (is that even a word?)
Eargaasssmmmm. It's funny I had a dream last night that I had news that the album was out that very day since they released it early and I was trying to get a way to buy it =p. That MSN Messenger is really annoying, I hate having announcers and other things disrupting. Sounds so different and weird, the "No one's going to take me alive" sounds very Queen. I can't wait to hear it full quality (i'm a quality whore, gotta love bass), I think the live version sounds better at the moment.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Sian; Jun 7, 2006 at 06:20 AM.
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 06:17 AM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 12:17 PM #98 of 233
I think eargasm is about right. I'm loving the trumpets. Once you get over the voice synths it's such a tune!

Long Live Lost
Latest JOURNAL Entry:

Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 06:27 AM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 11:27 AM #99 of 233
Yeah trumpets are awesome, the track before it on the album is supposed to have loads. The synths are a little too high, but i'll get over that eventually. I wonder if a clear copy has been leaked yet...

Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 10:25 AM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 04:25 PM #100 of 233
I dunno, doubt it though. We only just got that this morning. The trumpets need to be louder. LOUDER I SAY!!!

Long Live Lost
Latest JOURNAL Entry:

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > New Muse album...