Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

New Muse album...

nanashiusako
Good Chocobo

Member 4749

Level 17.91

Apr 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 08:36 AM #51 of 233
Oooh, a new Muse album! I really loved Absolution. I didn't read all of the posts in this thread. Are there any singles of theirs on the radio in the US yet?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 11:36 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 10:36 AM #52 of 233
I don't listen to much radio, but I haven't heard their latest anywhere outside of my MP3 player/computer.
I'm really loving the new single, though. True, it's completely different from their other stuff, but there's still similarities to be found from their old sound. I can't wait to see the music video...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 10:29 PM #53 of 233
Well, I just heard the single...and already people are bitching about it. It's so depressing when a band can't at least do ONE song that different than anything they've done. Me personally, I quite liked the song...I found it to be extremely catchy and funky. Something you could dance to, you know? lol.

Most amazing jew boots
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 10:53 AM Local time: May 12, 2006, 05:53 PM #54 of 233
I find the single quite boring, but then again - I find Muse boring to begin with.

edit: alright, after a few times the song is not THAT bad.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Grawl; May 12, 2006 at 02:33 PM.
wakarukaya
Carob Nut

Member 582

Level 5.90

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 07:44 PM Local time: May 12, 2006, 05:44 PM #55 of 233
I like some pretty random songs.

Map of your head is a cool kinda upbeatish song. I love some of the acoustic versions of their songs: cave and sunburn are my favorite ones.

I haven't really listened to any of their new stuff, but hopefully when the album comes out it'll be good!

FELIPE NO
HazelrahFiver
Syklis Green

Member 4110

Level 8.12

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 12:49 AM #56 of 233
Fantastic, a new Muse album! I RARELY buy cds anymore, and not even because I DL them. I just don't find anything interesting anymore. This will be one cd I definitely get though.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 02:14 AM Local time: May 13, 2006, 02:14 AM #57 of 233
Wish I can get a listen to the single! Almost all torrents I find have no seeds. I don't think the US has an official airing of Muse (or do we?)

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 08:17 AM Local time: May 13, 2006, 01:17 PM #58 of 233
Tracklist for the new album

Black Holes and Revelations:
01. Take A Bow (Starts off with violins, becomes apocalyptic with a Queen like chorus "You'll burn in hell")

02. Starlight (Single material about "how women are nice". From a live performance I heard it sounds very upbeat and catchy. The title of the album was taken from a line in the song. "Our hopes and expectations, Black holes and revelations")

03. Supermassive Black Hole (New single off album, inspired by many artists such as Prince and Scissor Sisters
"Oh baby don't you know I suffer
Oh baby can you hear me moan
You caught me under false pretences
How long before you let me go?

You set my soul alight,
Glaciers melting in the dead of night
And the superstar sucked into the supermassive

I thought I was a fool for no one
But oh baby i'm a fool for you
You are the Queen of the superficial
But how long before you tell the truth"
)

04. Map Of The Problematique

05. A Soldier's Poem (Originally a song from the Absolution era, but was supposed to be a big rockin' song. They stripped it down completely for the album and used simple jazz type instruments. Oh and it's not a poem =p)

06. Invincible (A song with a military type march beat, apparently one of the heaviest songs on the album. "Tonight we can truly sing, Together we are invincible" Rumoured to be "Debase Masons Grog" a live recording from the American tour last year. The title is an anagram of Message Board Song, a little game the band played with the fans so they could win free signed bikes.)

07. Assassin

08. Exo Politics (A change of periodic agreements which are at the brink of exploding. Its structure is mathematical, the main idea being a formula with neither chorus nor verse. Drums have very jazzy rhythms, slow ones, followed by more chaotic bits integrated into the whole.)

09. City Of Delusion (Intimate Flamenco inspired song)

10. Hoodoo

11. Knights Of Cydonia (Western type song with a trumpet solo. The song Matt Bellamy was referring to in early interviews saying it sounds like "a man riding a horse through Mexico playing a trumpet, then being shot down by bandits")

Dee, if you PM me your email I could send it to you if you like.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Sian; May 14, 2006 at 12:15 PM.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 05:50 PM Local time: May 15, 2006, 03:50 PM #59 of 233
I gave the single ("Supermassive Black Hole") a listen and I like it. I can't wait for [read: to download] the next album. I've enjoyed Muse ever since they performed here at my school last year. My roommate got me into them and got me to go the concert. Good stuff.

waka waka

sanemonkey • twitter • last.fm • gfw • backlog • youtube • xbox
Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 02:03 AM Local time: May 16, 2006, 02:03 AM #60 of 233
I found a torrent. I had to listen to this very softly in fear of waking someone up. I think the single is rockin'! Although it deviates from their traditional sound, it reminds me of something as changing as the Bee Gees going falsetto (but not as upsetting). Kind of reminds me of a retro sound. Rockin'!

Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 02:33 AM Local time: May 16, 2006, 08:33 AM #61 of 233
If you think SMBH is good, listen to Knights of Cydonia. Wow!

I was speaking idiomatically.

>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Long Live Lost
LiveJournal: Latest Entry: My Political Leanings.
Latest JOURNAL Entry:
ITE: I review the latest album by The Guillemots (also, exam results)

Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 12:01 PM Local time: May 16, 2006, 05:01 PM #62 of 233
Originally Posted by Majin yami
If you think SMBH is good, listen to Knights of Cydonia. Wow!
I know, can't wait to hear the recorded version it sounds awesome. I love the bit where you just hear Matt singing "No one's going to take me alive" orgasmic =p. From that moment to the end is just epicness.

Starlight is awesome too, that riff is so catchy. Such a nice song.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Sian; May 16, 2006 at 12:12 PM.
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 12:54 PM Local time: May 16, 2006, 06:54 PM #63 of 233
Originally Posted by Sian
I know, can't wait to hear the recorded version it sounds awesome. I love the bit where you just hear Matt singing "No one's going to take me alive" orgasmic =p. From that moment to the end is just epicness.

Starlight is awesome too, that riff is so catchy. Such a nice song.
Knights of Cydonia > Starlight > SMBH.

Truth.

FELIPE NO

Long Live Lost
Latest JOURNAL Entry:

Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 02:31 PM Local time: May 16, 2006, 07:31 PM #64 of 233
Knights of Cydonia > Starlight > SMBH.

Truth.
It is indeed the most impressive song i've heard so far, but it's more opinion than truth

Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 03:02 PM Local time: May 16, 2006, 02:02 PM #65 of 233
Originally Posted by HazelrahFiver
Fantastic, a new Muse album! I RARELY buy cds anymore, and not even because I DL them. I just don't find anything interesting anymore. This will be one cd I definitely get though.
Yeah, this is going to be one of the few that I actually go out and buy. At the moment I'm not buying many CDs either, nor downloading (although I expect that to change this summer...as school breaks usually have that effect on me).

And Sian, you already have a "pre-release" of the album? Or is it something like demo takes?

Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 03:50 PM Local time: May 16, 2006, 09:50 PM #66 of 233
Well, the new single came out last week for download and two other tracks (Starlight and Knights Of Cydonia) were played at Radio One's Big Weekend last weekend.
Oh, and the video for SMBH will be shown thursday morning at 12:05AM on Channel 4 for us British folk.

Long Live Lost
Latest JOURNAL Entry:

El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 03:58 PM Local time: May 16, 2006, 09:58 PM #67 of 233
Oh, and the video for SMBH will be shown thursday morning at 12:05AM on Channel 4 for us British folk.
I still don't understand why Channel 4 airs the music videos so late they could easily fit it in during an advert break, but of course I do plan on watching it. It should up on you tube within a few hours anyway after airing.

I can't wait to hear their new album, Absolution was a bit of a hit and miss, I liked it, but it just didn't have that feeling of awesomeness that Muse albums usually do.

Also I'm watching them live at Reading Festival Weekend in August where hopefully they should play alot of their new stuff.

Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 02:22 AM Local time: May 17, 2006, 08:22 AM #68 of 233
Originally Posted by El Ray Fernando
I can't wait to hear their new album, Absolution was a bit of a hit and miss, I liked it, but it just didn't have that feeling of awesomeness that Muse albums usually do.

Quoted for truth.

Originally Posted by El Ray Fernando
Also I'm watching them live at Reading Festival Weekend in August where hopefully they should play alot of their new stuff.
Lucky beggar. Hopefully they won't play too much new stuff though. OOS and Showbiz still need loving.

Long Live Lost
Latest JOURNAL Entry:

Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 04:56 AM Local time: May 17, 2006, 09:56 AM #69 of 233
Originally Posted by Arkhangelsk
And Sian, you already have a "pre-release" of the album? Or is it something like demo takes?
No, I just read a lot of news about it and what it's going to sound like. I have recordings of Starlight and Knights of Cydonia though.

I saw them live at Earls court last year and again at Leed this year. I'll probably go see them again when they tour. Can't wait.

Review:
Quote:
"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The fact we're wearing some ludicrously expensive headphones in an overly posh London restaurant means little. It's 'Black Holes And Revelations' unveiling, and you could cut the tension with a knife (or at least a few of the numerous cocktails and bottles of wine littering the place - slightly sozzled Ed). First listen time? You bet.

'Take A Bow'
Muse aren't starting things with a bang, or even a steady march. Instead they've plugged into an old Spectrum ZX and have gone retro computer-pop. Things all go a bit Queen, the entire universe seems to explode, and the lyrics get broody. "You'll burn in hell for your sins", apparently. Bloody hell!

'Starlight'
Funked up with handclaps, you'd be forgiven for choking on your digestive when we tell you that 'Starlight's hook line reminds us a bit of Coldplay. It's certainly not MOR, however; guitars come in, the wiggly beeps of 'Origin Of Symmetry' make a welcome return. It's bleedin' massive.

'Supermassive Black Hole'
Is this Millionaire? Muse turn space funk in their lead single. Already tearing up the airwaves, it sounds even more like the pure pop genius it undoubtedly is within the confines of the album. Hardcore fans scared off by the single take note: it'll all make sense when you hear it in context.

'Map Of The Problematique'
DIY is at war. Half of us think 'Map Of The Problematique' should be the new theme music to The Bill, the other half thinks it's The Clothes Show. Electro bass mixes with piano, layered harmonies and something close to Eurotrance to make something that, on first listen, is either madness or genius. The last ten seconds, however, could well be the best thing Muse have ever done. Honestly.

'Soldier's Poem'
The first quiet one proper, Matt goes crooner. Stripped down to some Twenties/Thirties style vibe, complete with ultrasonic, unnerving backing vocals, 'Soldier's Poem' probably wears a smoking jacket and scares small children at night. Genuinely haunting.

'Invincible'
If we said Bellamy had written a song based upon the last ten minutes of Robin Hood, Prince Of Thieves, you'd tell us we've gone mad. Our first thought? Will there be bagpipes. Seriously. There aren't, but we wouldn't have been surprised. An ethereal march and the odd floaty harmony sound like the myst clearing at the end of the battle that ends the world. We're talking epic here. There's chunky bits, lyrics that could be a paranoid Westlife if we didn't know better ("Together we're invincible"), and a bass line that sounds like 'Time Is Running Out' on a sugar rush at times. The fact it actually works is more remarkable than the lot.

'Assassin'
Knight Rider. It sounds like bloody Knight Rider, or at least for the first ten seconds. Then it all goes metal; massive riffs, harmonies that sound like Queen and a whole chorus of vocals combine to sound like Metallica going to the opera.

'Exo-Politics'
Remember the Franz Ferdinand comments? We'd assume this is what they're on about. Funked up, fuzzed out guitars pull out one of those arch art-rock riffs that have Kapranos all over them, albeit if he was covering 'On A Rope'. If it wasn't for the rubbish title, we'd say this was a nailed on single, but then it's not like that will stop Muse.

'City Of Delusion'
Spanish guitars make their first appearence, turn electric, are joined by an orchestra of strings and go post apocalyptic. The last flamenco at the end of time? Quite possibly.

'Hoodoo'
Certainly this album's 'Unintended', genetically spliced into a Mexican western, it's Zorro without any of the doughnuts. Crashing down by the end, it's understated, but really bloody good.

'Knights Of Cydonia'
At one point, Knights Of Cydonia reminds DIY of Erasure. Not for long mind, as monk like chanting and a falsetto that could deafen a dog at the other end of the earth kick in. Backed by a brass section and what sounds like a whole choir of battery opperated Clangers, it's the first ever space western. A shootout at high noon between R2D2 and the Milkybar Kid, before the end it all cuts out and Muse go more Queen than ever before. An AC/DC sized riff arrives and the world promptly ends. Blimey!

'Black Holes And Revelations' is certainly an album, rather than a collection of songs. On the first listen it sounds impressive, but it'll take more than one to work out exactly how good it is. The biggest thing Muse have done to date, they're hiding from nobody. The signs look more than promising."

I was speaking idiomatically.
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 12:59 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 06:59 PM #70 of 233
Is anyone else getting a 'New Born' vibe from Knights of Cydonia? God that song was awesome...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Long Live Lost
Latest JOURNAL Entry:

Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 01:28 AM Local time: May 18, 2006, 01:28 AM #71 of 233
That review looks very, very promising. I'm hyped for the album. Who wrote that review? And when is the album coming out? I'm just shocked how Muse goes complete 180 on their style according to the review.

Most amazing jew boots
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 11:25 AM Local time: May 18, 2006, 04:25 PM #72 of 233
Originally Posted by Dee
That review looks very, very promising. I'm hyped for the album. Who wrote that review? And when is the album coming out? I'm just shocked how Muse goes complete 180 on their style according to the review.
The album is out in the UK on July 3rd, I have no idea about everywhere else though.

I saw the video to Supermassive Black Hole last night, it's quite impressive actually. It has a very surrealism arty vibe to it, combined with a eyeshadow sweaty matt hah. I likes it though.

Last edited by Sian; May 18, 2006 at 11:30 AM.
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 04:10 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 10:10 PM #73 of 233
It was indeed weird. Loved the cameo by the "O Rly?" Owl...

Long Live Lost
Latest JOURNAL Entry:

SilentMayhem
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 7016

Level 1.00

May 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 05:21 PM #74 of 233
I found a link to three of the new songs...

http://www.endlessly-muse.net/en/?ref=news&idnews=4945

Zurc
Mother of God

Member 1572

Level 8.29

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 12:17 PM Local time: May 29, 2006, 06:17 PM #75 of 233
Starlight is just great. Feels like hope.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > New Muse album...