Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: Will you read/watch the series you have actually finished before?
Yes, I actually read/watch them again after finish it 25 36.23%
No, I rarely read/watch stuffs I have finished previously 12 17.39%
Yes, but maybe after quite time 32 46.38%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

[General Discussion] Will you read/watch it again?

Elegy
Sea King!

Member 7052

Level 11.50

May 2006

Old Oct 3, 2007, 12:48 PM #26 of 35
I voted "Yes, but maybe after quite time." I have an AWFUL memory, so I usually get around to watching shows and reading manga I enjoyed again after a good while. It's almost like watching/reading it for the first time. ^^;

There's nowhere I can't reach.
boble
Carob Nut

Member 17139

Level 5.75

Dec 2006

Old Oct 8, 2007, 03:27 PM #27 of 35
Currently re-watching Chrno Crusade. Haven't watched it in about a year, and its gotta be my favorite anime thus far (but I've only watched like maybe 5 series so not really saying much).

Most amazing jew boots
Ezzarian Boards : Please join we need active members
gamersara
Smash!

Member 24768

Level 6.12

Sep 2007

Old Oct 8, 2007, 09:23 PM Local time: Oct 9, 2007, 10:23 AM #28 of 35
I'd normally watch something I really like more than once, but now I find myself re-reading manga way more often then re-watch anime, and don't really have the time to do it as I get older...

How ya doing, buddy?
My Side of the Story
Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2007, 09:42 PM Local time: Oct 8, 2007, 06:42 PM #29 of 35
I think the only anime I've rewatched are Fullmetal Panic: Fumoffu and The Second Raid. Oh and Brokeback Airforce/Sentou Yousei Yukikaze. The former for some of its funnier and dramatic moments, and the latter for its air battle scenes.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2007, 10:45 PM Local time: Oct 8, 2007, 08:45 PM #30 of 35
I've watched Samurai Champloo in its entirety at least 10 times. Some by myself, other times with friends who have never seen it. It always helps if you absolutely love the series too.

Most of the times that I re-watch a series I usually use the "I'm introducing a friend to it and I'm gonna chill out with them and watch it at the same time" excuse and it's worked every time for the few series which I absolutely love: Twin Spica, Cowboy Bebop, Serial Experiments: Lain, Ghost In The Shell: S.A.C. (both seasons 1 & 2) and some films like AKIRA, The Place Promised In Our Early Days, Wonderful Days, Grave of the Fireflies, Castle In The Sky (or pretty much any Miyazaki flick, for that matter) and Ninja Scroll.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
lightgem
Chocobo

Member 1010

Level 12.35

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2007, 11:58 PM #31 of 35
I alwalys find something new everytime I watch/read old stuff again. Maybe the angle, the action, expression, some good lines (this is especially an important reason because I learn a lot from those lines,) music ... whatever. You can't get everything on the first run.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by lightgem; Oct 9, 2007 at 12:02 AM.
Maris
pussy violat0r

Member 25507

Level 19.75

Oct 2007

Old Oct 17, 2007, 12:55 AM Local time: Oct 17, 2007, 07:55 AM #32 of 35
I read this topic and i must say that i don´t agree with the topic creator now

I have only small colection of anime (video and music but also pirate material), that´s the reason why it make no sense to watch the video again

How ya doing, buddy?
DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2007, 01:05 AM #33 of 35
I voted yes, although I used to rewatch stuff alot more frequently. I've rewatched Slayers, Lodoss Wars, and various episodes of DBZ plenty of times. But as my collection has grown and I have stuff that I haven't even watched once. I don't know when I'll get to rewatching things. I blame MMORPGs. I've let so much stuff pile up because of when I was playing those.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

"Out thought and out fought."
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2007, 01:10 AM Local time: Oct 17, 2007, 01:10 AM #34 of 35
I've seen every single anime I own at least twice, the only exception to that rule being Inu Yasha, because a.) the ending sucks, and to go through 160+ episodes to get there was horseshit and b.) it's more than 160 episodes of shit I've seen replayed on Adult Swim in segments 5 or 6 times over anyway.

I have, what I consider to be a pretty big anime collection, so by the time I've gone through the last series, I can go back to the first set I started with and do it all again. The anime I've viewed the most though probably goes to Yu Yu Hakusho; I've seen the whole thing start to finish around 6 times. Watched Twelve Kingdoms probably 3, maybe 4 times by now.

I find it harder to reread manga though. I can reread it if I'm trying to refresh myself on the series before the next volume comes out, but I'll usually only read the previous 1 or 2 volumes. Such has been the case with Flame of Recca. Although Infinity Studios' "NOW", "Chung Rhang Yhur Jhun", and "Zero: Beginning of the Coffin" are all so awesomely illustrated and have really kick ass stories that I've read each of them a few times a piece -- Zero and CRYJ have three volumes available and NOW has tow, so it's not that difficult to pick them back up.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Yojimbo
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 25973

Level 1.21

Nov 2007

Old Nov 10, 2007, 01:05 AM Local time: Nov 10, 2007, 01:05 AM #35 of 35
I watch most of my anime over again on a regular basis, aside from a few.

I watch Ouran High School Host Club a lot even though it's at least a year old. Same thing goes for Kanon, GitS:SAC, Bleach, and History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi. Some anime's I think weren't really made to be watched through again, which most of the time it's just a personal attraction to an anime. I personally see no point in buying/downloading something you'll only go through once, but that's just me.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [General Discussion] Will you read/watch it again?