Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Rocky Balboa (2006)

The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2007, 01:26 AM Local time: Jan 17, 2007, 01:26 AM #51 of 55
Well, I guess that would depend if A: You like Sly, B: Like boxing, and C: Have faith...

But, yeah, I suggest anyone to see it... Although it is probably best to start at one and get to 6

How ya doing, buddy?
Sword Familiar
uhu

Member 1159

Level 16.67

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 08:54 PM Local time: Jan 23, 2007, 02:54 AM #52 of 55
I dunno. I enjoyed it, but I couldn't help but feel like this was all about Stallone's middle age crisis refecting itself upon the movie.
The training montage was too short and didn't really have any feeling except for a certain amount of nostalgia. The fight itself wasn't too exceiting either.

It was better than V but, on the other hand, I didn't like that one very much.

Verdict: Not bad, but it's still a movie I could have been without. 2/5

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
SonicEchidna
Victory is mine!

Member 93

Level 9.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2007, 05:08 PM Local time: Jan 26, 2007, 10:08 PM #53 of 55
I saw this movie last saturday, and while it wasn't groundbreaking stuff, it was a hell of a lot more enjoyable than Rocky V. Stallone gave a very convincing performance I thought, and the supporting cast were just as good.

I think Stallone got it spot on, and given that this movie could have ended up being the biggest movie flop ever, it took away the sour taste that the fifth film seemed to leave in everybody's mouth (well, Rocky fans anyway).

But I think even a person who hasn't seen the previous movies would probably enjoy it. One of the few I would actually go and see again, because the atmosphere in the cinema was pretty electric.

Most amazing jew boots
"Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but you're a total bitch."
- Stewie Griffin
Gixah
Carob Nut

Member 18951

Level 4.94

Jan 2007

Old Jan 29, 2007, 06:52 PM #54 of 55
I purchased the Rocky Anthology DVD set at Target this past weekend and had my marathon. Those movies give me a larger appreciation for Rocky Balboa, not because they're bad or anything like that, but because I could tell real passion was put into writing and filming it. My friend, who hadn't even seen any of them, managed to piece the grand scheme of things together well enough and liked it.

Things have changed for me watching the first five. While Rocky 5 is still the shame (George Washington Duke, among other things... WTF?) for me, I found myself not caring for Rocky 2 as much as I did years ago. Rocky 3 is still my favorite ("There is no tomorrow!") and Rocky 4 may as well have been sold in the Fitness section of all video stores. What a hell of a saga.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Jan 30, 2007, 07:43 AM Local time: Jan 30, 2007, 11:13 PM #55 of 55
Rocky Balboa comes out Thursday here and my friends and I are planning to watch all 6 in succession. It's probably going to be the greatest day of the whole year.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Rocky Balboa (2006)