Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Tattoos. Where do you stand on them?

*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 09:16 PM #51 of 73
Originally Posted by Encephalon
Here we go... I knew I'd find a picture of what I've been wanting to get.

I mean, it would need a lot more detail than that, of course; but that's pretty much it.
Nice. Wasnt too sure about it when you first mentioned it, but I could definately see that in a tattoo.

How ya doing, buddy?
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 09:52 PM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 07:52 PM #52 of 73
Unless a tattoo was on the bottom of my foot I wouldn't be standing anywhere on Tattoos =p

*Ahem* Well seriously regarding this: I want to get a tattoo but I have a bad fear of needles (Belonophobia)

Even if I manage to get around that, I have to deal with two other issues:
1. What kind of tattoo, and where? (I'm terribly Indecisive at these kinds of things)
2. How much would it cost?

So... I don't know. I think they're a great form of expression though.

How ya doing, buddy?
Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:58 AM Local time: Aug 30, 2006, 12:28 PM #53 of 73
I thinks Tattoos are fine as long as you don't get carried away.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 11:09 AM Local time: Aug 31, 2006, 12:09 AM #54 of 73
[12:05] <Happy> No, it's just that tattoos look ugly after quite a few years pile on

I'm speaking in behalf of Happy for he is celebrating Malay Day today. Happy Malay Day, Malaysians.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Koneko
Procrastinating Artist Extraordinaire

Member 1046

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 01:21 PM Local time: Aug 30, 2006, 11:21 AM #55 of 73
Originally Posted by Dark Nation
Unless a tattoo was on the bottom of my foot I wouldn't be standing anywhere on Tattoos =p

*Ahem* Well seriously regarding this: I want to get a tattoo but I have a bad fear of needles (Belonophobia)

Even if I manage to get around that, I have to deal with two other issues:
1. What kind of tattoo, and where? (I'm terribly Indecisive at these kinds of things)
2. How much would it cost?

So... I don't know. I think they're a great form of expression though.
I had belonphobia too until I got my tattoo. :biggrin:

1. That is something you'll have to decide for yourself. I got mine on my back because I can't have them anywhere on my arms or legs if I'm going to be an elementary school teacher.

2. Your average tattoo should cost around $60 and up* depending on the shop you go to, the quality/rep of the shop, how big your tattoo is and if its colored (I think this last one is a factor, but I only got black ink for mine). I believe my tattoos cost me $80 each (Tips are expected where I got mine).

*prices guessed upon how much the local shops charge around my hometown.

FELIPE NO

"I reject your reality and subsitute my own!"
*AkirA*

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 03:40 PM #56 of 73
If your new to tattoos please read this. She seems to know her stuff, and it helped get rid of alot of questions I had about tattoos and the process involved. The site is http://tattoo.about.com/od/tattoo101/a/tatbegguide.htm

Im sure someone who has gotten a tattoo could verify the information on the site.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 04:58 PM Local time: Aug 30, 2006, 02:58 PM #57 of 73
Originally Posted by *AkirA*
If your new to tattoos please read this. She seems to know her stuff, and it helped get rid of alot of questions I had about tattoos and the process involved. The site is http://tattoo.about.com/od/tattoo101/a/tatbegguide.htm

Im sure someone who has gotten a tattoo could verify the information on the site.
Thanks for that, it did give me a bit of relief. Maybe I'll get one in a couple months or so.

Originally Posted by Koneko
I had belonphobia too until I got my tattoo. :biggrin:

1. That is something you'll have to decide for yourself. I got mine on my back because I can't have them anywhere on my arms or legs if I'm going to be an elementary school teacher.

2. Your average tattoo should cost around $60 and up* depending on the shop you go to, the quality/rep of the shop, how big your tattoo is and if its colored (I think this last one is a factor, but I only got black ink for mine). I believe my tattoos cost me $80 each (Tips are expected where I got mine).

*prices guessed upon how much the local shops charge around my hometown.
$60 is the low price that I've heard as well. It might cost a bit more but I'm going to go to a good rep/quality shop because, hey if I'm getting a freakin NEEDLE put into my body, I want the people and location to be somewhere I want to go.

I still have no ideas as to what kind of tattoo, but as for location I was thinking maybe my upper arm or maybe my leg.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Phoque le PQ
Présentement en ligne

Member 1886

Level 9.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 06:06 PM #58 of 73
i'd much rather have a tatoo than a piercing. Nothwistanding those freaks who are covered with them, I find that tatoos are a piece of heart

My first opne I want to ahve (it's probably not going to be the only one) would be my political opinion: half a lys flower, half a maple leaf

There's nowhere I can't reach.
werepandamike
Chocohobo

Member 4106

Level 4.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 09:13 PM Local time: Aug 30, 2006, 06:13 PM #59 of 73
I like tattoos, and I've been wanting to get one for a while now. I don't think much of people who only get tattoos to draw attention though (and I think tramp stamps are retarded). I also don't see the point in getting tattoos that you haven't thought up yourself (you know, the sample tattoos). It should be a form of artistic expression, and it's more interesting if it's meaningful.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Vivi Ornitier
Wark!

Member 5779

Level 2.97

Apr 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:00 PM #60 of 73
Darn proud of it!!!!

I think getting tattoos is a great thing under one condition though. It has to mean something to you. I mean otherwise what's the point? To be cool? Just for the sake of having one? I mean it just seems retared. I've talked to some people that either have no idea why they got it or heck don't even know what it is! Then you got to smack them and say WTF? that is so dumb. I chose this and want these cause they mean something to me. (Xenogears you might say doesn't mean sh$$ but I say bah to yoU!) It is something that has changed how I view this world and gave me new ideas on what this world is or can become. I one day hope to get the cross from the Nisan sanctuary put on to my left arm, but who knows, i have all the time in the world to do that. Lots of guys at my work have them, then again a lot of them are artists which is really cool as well for they prefer to show off what they truely love their own ART!

The second pic is a wing tattoo that my fiance and I hope to get in the near future...these things do get expensive. She used paint and drew it on me, I think she did an awesome job and just having something on my back would make me feel proud to have.

DARNIT. I wanted to make my first post and it turns out I need more. Well maybe I can put them in the journal...if anyone is interested.

[edit] man it has been a long time since i've been here. Like what 3 Resurections? So oh well, anyways, i have a xenogears logo on the my right bicep. That's it. the other was a white single wing painted on my right shoulder blade.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Vivi Ornitier; Aug 30, 2006 at 10:33 PM.
Shoeless
The questgiver.

Member 834

Level 7.95

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 05:08 AM #61 of 73
I'm not too big on tattoos, but I can stand them so long as the tattoo toting troglodyte has a little creativity. Far too many impressionable young strumpets opt for the tramp stamp, usually settling on a cliche like a butterfly or a tribal design.

But it's soo rebellious! Thanks for the money mom!

Marco
Rossi

Member 598

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 06:31 AM #62 of 73
I don't like them much. I am just uncomfortable with the idea of being branded. They are also pretty expensive.

If creative they are great, though.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Decoy Goat
25 to life on probation

Member 650

Level 16.06

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 07:18 AM #63 of 73
Originally Posted by Denicalis

I know where this came from. 8-)

FELIPE NO
I <3 Cheryl.
*AkirA*

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 09:03 AM #64 of 73
Originally Posted by gukarma
I don't like them much. I am just uncomfortable with the idea of being branded. They are also pretty expensive.
People wear clothing with logos on them. Thats being branded.

The argument that they are expensive seems kinda thin. I understand it can seem like alot of money, but its a permanent piece of art work inked into your body. I think the price is justified for good work.

I would like to see your tattoo Vivi.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 10:18 AM Local time: Aug 31, 2006, 08:18 AM #65 of 73
Originally Posted by Decoy Goat
I know where this came from. 8-)
How about you fill us in, professor?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Vivi Ornitier
Wark!

Member 5779

Level 2.97

Apr 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 06:35 PM #66 of 73
Originally Posted by *AkirA*
People wear clothing with logos on them. Thats being branded.

The argument that they are expensive seems kinda thin. I understand it can seem like alot of money, but its a permanent piece of art work inked into your body. I think the price is justified for good work.

I would like to see your tattoo Vivi.
ttp://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h96/vivi_ornitier_/CIMG0452.jpg

Hopefully this works.

EDIT: (just put an "h" in their obviously and copy and paste it yo!)

REPRIZNIT!!!! :rollseyes:

Most amazing jew boots
*AkirA*

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 10:43 PM #67 of 73
Originally Posted by Vivi Ornitier

You gotta be a hardcore Xenogears fan, or must of gotten something very significant out of it.

Im glad you like it .

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
kupomog
you’ve been naughty

Member 705

Level 16.84

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 11:17 PM Local time: Aug 31, 2006, 06:17 PM #68 of 73
I'm not too big on tattoos, just because I don't like needles. But while I wouldn't totally hate someone for getting a tat, it kind of turns me off. I would never get one myself but like most people feel, if the tattoo is done nicely then I don't care. Just not into the whole "hay guyz im getting a tatoo im cool!" talk that a lot of my drunk friends spew from time to time.

Both my parents have tats from when they were teenagers. My mom has more than my dad, a lot which she got throughout my life, but they're nice...colorful and simple. She got two new tats since this past May because she was jealous over my cousin's new lotus flower tattoo done in red ink. So my mom got a koi in red ink and this tat a few weeks ago which I think is really cool:

She's going to get "Hamayo" tattooed in hiragana down the side just to the right, it's my grandma's middle name. I think it's sweet. Usually I just get irritated when she goes out an does this stuff (she's got an eyebrow and nose piercing along with all the tats...). But she likes the stuff so *shrug*

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
*AkirA*

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 10:15 AM #69 of 73
I love the expression on the girls face.

Your mom sounds like she has a wild side.

kupomog
you’ve been naughty

Member 705

Level 16.84

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 01:05 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 08:05 AM #70 of 73
Oh my mom is crazy >.<

She lives for this kind of stuff. She can be all business when she needs to, though (to the point of making her coworkers burst out in tears...). And the more and more she watchess Miami Ink, the more she wants yet another tattoo. Aside from the fact that I look younger than her, if you saw us, you'd think she was my rebellious teenage daughter and I was the conservative mother.

How ya doing, buddy?
*AkirA*

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 02:07 PM #71 of 73
I can only image how crazy that must be.

Im glad your mom is full of spirit, but is still responsible.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Tattoos. Where do you stand on them?