Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Next Gen - Your Favorite Moments/Characters/Memories

Metaconsciou§
Chocobo

Member 10873

Level 9.05

Aug 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 01:45 AM Local time: Aug 11, 2006, 12:45 AM #1 of 1
Next Gen - Your Favorite Moments/Characters/Memories

Yeah, I like Star Trek Next Gen. -_-

It was probably one of the few great series on TV during the early 90's for its philosophical tendencies, although the show did have its cheesy moments/details. I still catch a re-run every now and then when I'm not working and have access to cable because Spike airs like 3 episodes a day during the afternoon... o.o;

The show has a lot of nostalgic value to me... Sometimes, when my hyperactivity wasn't acting up, and my mom wasn't being schizophrenic, I would curl up next to her in the evening with a bowl of ramen, or some delicious Korean dish she had made, and watch with her. I couldn't appreciate the show as fully as I do now, but I think it really wasn't about the show... it was about having a peaceful moment with my mother, because they really were so few and far between. I think... I was really watching her more than the show to be honest, because I remember waiting to laugh when she laughed, or to be silent or solemn or wistful when she was... not because I couldn't respond accordingly to the show but because I thought emulating her emotions would bring me closer to her, and in turn, please her... yeah, I was a big people pleaser back in the day, still am, in some ways.

Anyway, favorite moment... Picard waking up next to Q... in bed, a classic moment of hilarity, nuff said.

My Top 3 Characters
1) Data all the effin way. (Yeah, I know, a lot of trekkies love Data, but that's because he rocks your socks, and you know it.)
2) Q - C'mon, who can't get a kick out of this cynical foil to Picard? I love Q.
3) Picard, because, well, he's the capt'n. He is refined and well versed across the board, this man commands respect without even lifting a finger.

What are your favorite moments or episodes? Favorite character(s)? Feel free to share any nostalgic memories as well. n_n

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Metaconsciou§; Aug 11, 2006 at 08:07 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Next Gen - Your Favorite Moments/Characters/Memories