Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Post the title of your favorite anime and explain why it it is > *.
Closed Thread

MechRocket
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 5540

Level 2.12

Apr 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 03:57 AM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 12:57 AM #1 of 2
Post the title of your favorite anime and explain why it it is > *.

I love anime - I've watched countless series on endless days. But if I had to choose just one favorite anime, it'd have to be Cowboy Bebop. Many who've watched Cowboy Bebop are often disenchanted by the episodic jumps in its plot, but the only word with which I can describe the way Shinichiro Watanabe has weaved the seperate adventures in the bounty-hunting episodes with the stories of Faye and Jet and the ultimate tragic love story of Spike and Julia into the final product that is Cowboy Bebop is this: masterful. Its themes of painful pasts appealed strongly to my romantic senses, making the plot, which slowly and deliberately unraveled a tangled web of the heros' histories, was entirely engrossing throughout. The artwork in Cowboy Bebop is particularly detailed in the anime's portrayl of characters: you often see Julia surrounded by a warm, golden light and Vicious enshrouded by a cold whiteness with the jagged claws of a back bird clutching onto his left shoulder. These subtle details tell a visually satisfying Cowboy Bebop, but it really is Yoko Kanno's music that is the essence of Cowboy Bebop. In some parts jazzy, in some hauntingly bluesy, and in other parts incorporating the powerful voice of a black woman in singing the melodramatics, music connects Cowboy Bebop through and through from the simultaneous, contrasting juxtapositions of flashes of flashbacks of yellow gunfire and the long, muted beauty of the transformation of the rose red in the opening scene to the last closeup of Spike as he utters one word and points one finger.

It's a beautiful anime. Watch it if you haven't already.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 04:49 AM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 05:49 PM #2 of 2
We already have the recommendation thread (stickied, too).

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Post the title of your favorite anime and explain why it it is > *.