Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Nintendo-Squareenix Lovin'

chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 05:57 PM Local time: May 9, 2006, 09:57 AM #1 of 13
Nintendo-Squareenix Lovin'

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6149412.html

Quote:
1:02 pm The conference is starting with a cavalcade of announced products on video--Dawn of Mana, Final Fantasy V and VI for GBA

1:24 Looks like their mobile strategy rages unabated--Dirge is the standout since it's all in 3D. Now we've got Final Fantasy III for DS, billed as "the only Final Fantasy never to reach Western shores." They're urging us to "complete the fantasy" with this 3D remake--fine by me since it looks like the best DS RPG yet.

1:28 Final Fantasies V and VI for GBA--not the biggest news, but near and dear to many hearts for sure. Promised to have new surprises. Now it's Mana time, starting off with the sorta middling Children of. But what's this? Ten years before Children of Mana, a 3D game: Dawn of Mana, of course. More CG than gameplay, but it looks pretty good.

1:51 Here we go--Dragon Quest is coming to the Wii. Some dude is fighting a stone golem in a forest. Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors. Launch title for the Wii! No real footage of the game, but still, big news.

1:54 The hits keep on coming--now we have Akitoshi Kawazu, exec. producer of Crystal Chronicles. Two new games from that series: one DS, one Wii. DS game is Ring of Fates, and will have wi-fi multiplayer (duh). Looks a bit more whimsical than the Cube version, same basic sense of style though. They're showing four players at once, like you'd expect. Yay DS!

1:58 And here comes the Wii title. That Final Fantasy theme still makes me all misty-eyed. Wow, these visuals are nice--random shots of CC-style little dudes fighting bombs and other monsters. If any of that was real-time footage of the game, the Wii graphics ought to do us just fine. Hard to say if it was just CG, though. Code name: Chrystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers. No major details on the game available yet though.
Ya, I know there's a dragon quest thread but this is for the other Squareenix stuff annouced.

Feel free to merge (or close) if needs be.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 06:04 PM Local time: May 9, 2006, 03:04 PM #2 of 13
Should also be noted that FINAL FANTASY 6 (originally released as FFIII in the US) is coming to DS, with (apparently) updated "3D graphics". I'm fucking excited.

Most amazing jew boots
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 06:15 PM Local time: May 10, 2006, 02:15 AM #3 of 13
Originally Posted by ¯\(º_o)/¯
Should also be noted that FINAL FANTASY 6 (originally released as FFIII in the US) is coming to DS, with (apparently) updated "3D graphics". I'm fucking excited.
No, FFVI is coming to GBA as is (perhaps some extra monsters and items).

Final Fantasy III, the real III, the one never released outside Japan, is coming to DS with new 3D graphics.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 06:34 PM #4 of 13
There is no Square Enix love for Nintendo until they come out with another Kingdom Hearts title. Chain of Memories was good, but I want something for my DS.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kesubei
Puzzle Person

Member 971

Level 17.04

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 08:15 PM Local time: May 9, 2006, 09:15 PM #5 of 13
Fuck Kingdom Hearts. A double serving of Crystal Chronicles is awesome!

Most amazing jew boots

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 01:15 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 01:15 PM #6 of 13
Fuck Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy. A real Dragon Quest title (i.e. not Rocket Slime) launching with the Wii? Well, guess I'll get a Wii at launch as well, if this holds true.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 01:45 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 01:45 PM #7 of 13
Wii & PS3 are looking like the systems I'll own. Wii is due to Nintendo's innovation. I didn't purchase a Gamecube and I turned my back quickly on the N64. Never purchased a GBA... But I purchased a DS due to touch-screen innovation. And Nintendo is setting the bar again. I always said Nintendo couldn't be beaten on portables. Seems they might be ruling the roost on consoles again.

Why PS3? Simply due to MGS4 =O

FELIPE NO
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 02:52 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 01:52 PM #8 of 13
Any honest to goodness RPG launch action for the Wii is extremely good news...

How ya doing, buddy?
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 05:09 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 04:09 PM #9 of 13
Nintendo needs more RPGs. Here's hoping Squeenix doesn't stop here.

I've never played a Dragon Quest game before. I'm deffinetly going to pick it up with my Wii (heh heh, my Wii), here's hoping it won't disappoint.

I think i'm going to try and pick up Crystal Chornicles as fast as possible before the Wii launches. Does this game come recomended by anyone?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 07:56 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 07:56 PM #10 of 13
Originally Posted by SouthJag
Fuck Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy. A real Dragon Quest title (i.e. not Rocket Slime) launching with the Wii? Well, guess I'll get a Wii at launch as well, if this holds true.
Haha, the best thing I've ever heard you say. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles along with a DQ launch and plenty more on the way leaves little room for doubt that Square Enix is working with Nintendo to a degree. I also see no room for complaints.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
DJ Gear
Iron Chef

Member 6267

Level 7.34

May 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 01:25 AM #11 of 13
This year's E3 has definitely been the herald of ultimate news. Square Enix supporting Nintendo properly is most certainly the proverbial icing in the cake. Dragon Quest Swords = Win. Crystal Chronicles = Win. Wii's at the top of my list for a reason, that's for sure.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
scotty
I'm not your friend, buddy...

Member 649

Level 24.90

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 01:38 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 10:38 PM #12 of 13
I'm looking forward to hearing more about most of these, and I hope the Wii will get a Chrono Cross port to go along with the virtual consol chrono trigger. It would give me a chance to play it since I don't own playstation and have never played this game before

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
BurningRanger
...was there

Member 4377

Level 19.38

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 01:38 AM #13 of 13
Originally Posted by scotty
I hope the Wii will get a Chrono Cross port to go along with the virtual consol chrono trigger. It would give me a chance to play it since I don't own playstation and have never played this game before
One of the stupidest things I've ever read. There's no reason they would ever port a 7-year old game that didn't even sell that well (i.e. not on the level of a Zelda or FF7) to the Wii, when there's absolutely nothing the Wii could offer it. It wasn't even much of a good game, but let's ignore that for now.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Nintendo-Squareenix Lovin'