Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Prince of Tennis Nationals OVAs

HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 03:53 AM Local time: Apr 24, 2006, 06:53 PM #1 of 13
Prince of Tennis Nationals OVAs

First OVA is out subbed. Here's a torrent link http://tracker.anime-jiyuu.org:6969/...70f0bc.torrent

I'm not so big on the opening and closing, but the episode was good.

Spoilers for first OVA;
Spoiler:
Rokkaku didn't deserve to continue into the Nationals, they were not interesting or skilled enough to continue on and lets face it, the number of teams we saw in the first series is going to have to be pruned the further we get.

They brought Ryoma back faster than I expected, but thats not a bad thing.

Now just two more months for our next PoT fix.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 07:44 AM #2 of 13
Woah theres still more prince of tennis?
I gave the anime a quick download and saw five episodes to see what was so impressive about the series. Although the kid is skilled I didn't find the series interesting. I forced myself to watch it until it got better but its just tennis.
I'm not a fan of tennis so I guess thats why I couldn't get interested.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

New Record!
HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 09:34 AM Local time: Apr 25, 2006, 12:34 AM #3 of 13
Once you're more familiar with the characters there is a lot of humour in it, the Chibi episodes in particular can be hilarious. The filler eps tend to be rather crazy and helps level out the more serious episodes where there are matches being played.

And yeah, the anime itself went for 176 eps and now there's a series of OVAs being released to conclude the story. Some people enjoy it more if they'd played tennis, just don't expect anything realistic from the matches and you'll be good to go.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
CloudNine
#ABCDEF

Member 43

Level 18.48

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 04:08 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2006, 04:08 PM #4 of 13
There is also a movie out somewhere. Wasn't all that great.

So, at the end of the series,
Spoiler:
Echizen was leaving to play in the US Open and Seigaku was about to play in the nationals without him, right? Having never heard of this before, I am just wondering which of thses plot lines it is going to follow or if it it is both.

How ya doing, buddy?
HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 05:53 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2006, 08:53 AM #5 of 13
Originally Posted by CloudNine
There is also a movie out somewhere. Wasn't all that great.

So, at the end of the series,
Spoiler:
Echizen was leaving to play in the US Open and Seigaku was about to play in the nationals without him, right? Having never heard of this before, I am just wondering which of thses plot lines it is going to follow or if it it is both.
Spoiler:
The first OVA shows him returning from the US, after winning the open. He gets back just as it starts. Like a day after the anime finished.

And his new jacket he has looks ugly as hell, it looks just like the one that the youngest sister in Air Gear.

I was speaking idiomatically.
somedude2387
Chocobo

Member 678

Level 10.62

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2006, 08:30 PM Local time: Dec 14, 2006, 11:30 AM #6 of 13
Does anyone know where I can find the 7th chapter in the Nationals OVA, the "Prince of Volleyball" one. I think it should be out but I'm not sure if it's been subbed. Also does anyone know if the other OVA's are out yet?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
I can't listen to that much Wagner. I start getting the urge to conquer Poland.
Woody Allen (1935 - )

Anyone know how to use alchemy?
HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 03:32 AM Local time: Dec 15, 2006, 06:32 PM #7 of 13
Originally Posted by somedude2387
Does anyone know where I can find the 7th chapter in the Nationals OVA, the "Prince of Volleyball" one. I think it should be out but I'm not sure if it's been subbed. Also does anyone know if the other OVA's are out yet?
It hasn't been subbed, but the raw is definately available. I can't remember where I picked it up though.

How ya doing, buddy?
somedude2387
Chocobo

Member 678

Level 10.62

Mar 2006

Old Dec 29, 2006, 03:12 AM Local time: Dec 29, 2006, 06:12 PM #8 of 13
Just before I left work today my friend who got me in to Prince of Tennis came in and told me that he had seen a few Prince of Tennis episodes but with real people. Unfortunately it didn't occur to me to ask him where he got them from so does anyone here know?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Woody Allen (1935 - )

Battle_CRY
Vice-President

Member 7659

Level 6.62

May 2006

Old Dec 29, 2006, 07:45 PM #9 of 13
Just before I left work today my friend who got me in to Prince of Tennis came in and told me that he had seen a few Prince of Tennis episodes but with real people. Unfortunately it didn't occur to me to ask him where he got them from so does anyone here know?
Really??? I haven't heard of this news...could it be that he/she was talking about the movie? But in response to your previous post...you can get episode 7 of the National Championship OVAs at mininova.org if you haven't gotten it yet...does anyone know whether saizen has released a date for the next one?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Signature removed by the board of directors
somedude2387
Chocobo

Member 678

Level 10.62

Mar 2006

Old Dec 30, 2006, 01:48 AM Local time: Dec 30, 2006, 04:48 PM #10 of 13
Yeh I haven't been able to find out what he was talking about. I'll ask him if he can burn me a cd or let me borrow his external hard drive and I'll get back to you.

Cheers for the heads up on episode 7, I'll have it shortly and then be waiting for episode 8 to come

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Woody Allen (1935 - )

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Dec 30, 2006, 02:04 PM #11 of 13
If you don't feel like downloading it... There's always crunchyroll.com. Streaming anime website. Good stuff.

LOVED episode 7. XD

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old Dec 31, 2006, 01:16 PM Local time: Jan 1, 2007, 04:16 AM #12 of 13
I don't know about live action eps, but I think I read somewhere about there being a live action movie that was made along the way.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
somedude2387
Chocobo

Member 678

Level 10.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2007, 01:04 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2007, 04:04 PM #13 of 13
Just got episode 8 from mininova and as per usual with PoTas soon as I watched it I wanted to see the next one

How ya doing, buddy?
Woody Allen (1935 - )

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Prince of Tennis Nationals OVAs