Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: Are you for or against the idea of remakes?
For 16 47.06%
Against 2 5.88%
Indifferent 10 29.41%
Doot dodoot do doot 6 17.65%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

[General Discussion] Remakes: for or against...

Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2008, 11:55 AM #1 of 25
for me the idea of remakes should only be applied to movies, games don't get better the second time around and if they are better they are simply called sequel's not remakes
You've actually encountered "good" movie based games ~_~?

As for me, I'm more for a re-release of an older game instead of a full on remake. Such as classic games that don't get a full makeover but little things such as effects or music that make the game much more enjoyable than it already was.
As for a remake I would only accept it if it brings the quality of the old game without making it into a completely different game. I can't think of any examples since most of the remakes in my mind right now are mostly ones in handheld consoles which in reality don't interest me at all.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

New Record!
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2008, 01:55 PM #2 of 25
Hey, Aladdin on the Genesis was pretty sweet.

I think he meant remaking movies into new movies, and not making movies into games or the other way around.
ah ok then my mistake.

And I forgot about alaadin, had it for the snes and yeah it was fun.
Here's to hoping they don't try to remake it ~_~

There's nowhere I can't reach.

New Record!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Remakes: for or against...