Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Going to Japan in a month

Eva02
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 3503

Level 2.97

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 12:53 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 05:53 PM #1 of 33
Going to Japan in a month

Well as title really I'm going to Japan, and staying in Tokyo on the 25th of next month. Was just wondering what sights and things I can go and see over there, obviously I've got a few things on my itinerary but would like some idea's from you guys.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 01:00 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 11:00 AM #2 of 33
You must check out:

1) Aso Bit City or any of the Laxo chain shops in Akihabara
2) Tokyo Big Sight in Odaiba. Make sure you take the front seat of the monorail so you get a good view of the rainbow bridge.
3) Shiseido building in Shinjuku. Also go to the Tokyo Metropolitan Building I think it's free. Go up at night time.
4) Ginza - like everywhere, seriously.
Also, the Imperial gardens at the Imperial palace.
5) Shibuya. Take a pic of the 109 building. I can't remember the crossing but it's one hell of a busy street intersection.
6) The Japanese Diet building.
7) Tokyo Tower in Roppongi hills, its about $15 to go up I think.
8) The shopping district in Ikebukuro...just right under the sunshine 60 building.
9) Make sure you take the JR line at least half way around the city circle. It's a nice way to orient yourself and stay cool in the heat.
10) You could technically visit Danny Choo, but I don't know how he likes visitors. Probably a nice chap.

11) Asakusa otera in Asakusa. It's got a hueg ass lantern (bigger than the xbox lol) at the gate.

12) Tokyo international forum - it's just north of Ginza, IIRC.

Subway map:

Spoiler:

Tips:

*If there are guys giving out tissues, take them. They're great when you need instant toilet paper.

*Don't give money to the charity people despite them being extremely nice. Doing so will lead to a thousand other charity workers chasing after the ignorant gaijin.

*Take a coin purse with you since you'll be using the subway system A LOT. Trust me, it's the best way to get around. Most machines will have coin change, so you're okay if you only have bills to start with.

*Asking for directions at the "mini-police-stations" aka Kobans or info centers usually is the best way. They have a computer and can sometimes print out a map for you to use.

Regarding accomodation: the New Koyo HOSTEL is one of the cheapest places : http://www.newkoyo.com/ , and they're rates are about $30 a night. It's nice because you can pay with Visa and can get an access code, so you can go in and out as you please. The rooms are extremely small, and the washrooms smell like shit, seriously, I had to use a clothes pin, but hey, it's cheap right? Also, it's a 5 minute walk southbound to the Minami-senju station. The Hibiya subway line is your FRIEND. As with many other lines, you can get around most of the city just doing transfers and stuff.

You mind as well also pick up a few copies of FFXII and sell them when you get back to peeps who have modded PS2s. Just try to sneak that by customs though. ;_;

Most amazing jew boots

- What we all do best -

Last edited by Spatula; May 18, 2006 at 01:24 PM.
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 01:34 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 11:34 AM #3 of 33
Originally Posted by SILBER-4
10) You could technically visit Danny Choo, but I don't know how he likes visitors. Probably a nice chap.
If you are lucky, you might just catch a stormtrooper on the subway. :biggrin: Remember to have your camera phone ready.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
♪♡
Thanks Seris!
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 01:35 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 11:35 AM #4 of 33
Danny Choo is pretty careful about his stormtrooper outfit. He got a new ST helmet recently and may start filming using that one. From what I've seen, he's usually in Shibuya (where all the crazy uptown ppl are), or Akiba, because...ya know.

Upon closer inspection, since you're going there in June, MAKE SURE you bring sun block and lots of coins for the vending machines.
Keep well hydrated with Kirin's Milk Tea and Poccari Sweat. They're good to keep you cooled throughout and not suffer from headaches. But of course be smart and don't stay in the heat wave too long. Duh.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

- What we all do best -

Last edited by Spatula; May 18, 2006 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Eva02
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 3503

Level 2.97

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 09:16 AM Local time: May 20, 2006, 02:16 PM #5 of 33
Right ok thats some cool places to go visit. What are all the common places to visit too? I'm there for 3 weeks and would like to see as much as possible.

I was speaking idiomatically.
wishingstar
make a wish

Member 4145

Level 3.93

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 09:41 AM Local time: May 20, 2006, 06:41 AM #6 of 33
see if you can locate their underground gundam base.
and if you want..you can get a life-sized doll

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
let's get physical..cal...cal...cal...
NaklsonofNakkl
Th3 0m3n

Member 6922

Level 10.17

May 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 12:37 PM Local time: May 20, 2006, 09:37 AM #7 of 33
care to try and sneak a "human slave" on the plane? XD
Hope you have some fun over there, one of my friends and her fiance are going to live over there mainly to get meh some video games but this information might come in handy when i go over there ^_^ thanks Spatula!

FELIPE NO

Come, Dance the Dance of Love!
blisteredhands
bored

Member 241

Level 4.50

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 01:17 PM #8 of 33
I dunno if you're aiming for outside of Tokyo or not, but Nikko is a very beautiful place to visit if you have some time. It's fairly close to Tokyo, especially if you take the Shinkansen. I stayed in Tochigi, and when we left, I believe we took the Shinkansen to Tokyo and it took about a half an hour? But yeah, Nikko has beautiful falls, shrines, bridges, etc. I highly recommend it. Also, if you get the chance or can afford it, staying at a ryokan (traditional Japanese inn) is a really unique experience. We stayed at a ryokan in Nikko with an onsen, so I was able to relax, soak, and look at the beautiful scenery (and a disturbing lawn gnome that forever haunts my dreams).

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 02:22 PM Local time: May 20, 2006, 12:22 PM #9 of 33
What they're saying is correct. Surprisingly, despite Tokyo being such a fucking huge ass city, you'll get bored of it in about a week. Take the Shinkansen/Bullet Train to like Osaka then Kyoto. It's about $150 one way but worth it. Sticking soley in Tokyo and saying you've been to Japan is like going to NYC and saying you've been to USA. Check out the Kinkakuji when you're in Kyoto, but I don't know how much you like the whole ancient temple thing.
And why not visit Okinawa? 3 weeks is a lot of time, Eva. Also, you might as well check out Mt. Fuji.

Quote:
and if you want..you can get a life-sized doll
For only $6000 USD.

- What we all do best -

Last edited by Spatula; May 20, 2006 at 02:25 PM.
Cal
_

Member 76

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 11:57 PM Local time: May 22, 2006, 02:57 PM #10 of 33
Originally Posted by Spatula
You must check out:

1) Aso Bit City or any of the Laxo chain shops in Akihabara
2) Tokyo Big Sight in Odaiba. Make sure you take the front seat of the monorail so you get a good view of the rainbow bridge.
3) Shiseido building in Shinjuku. Also go to the Tokyo Metropolitan Building I think it's free. Go up at night time.
4) Ginza - like everywhere, seriously.
Also, the Imperial gardens at the Imperial palace.
5) Shibuya. Take a pic of the 109 building. I can't remember the crossing but it's one hell of a busy street intersection.
6) The Japanese Diet building.
7) Tokyo Tower in Roppongi hills, its about $15 to go up I think.
8) The shopping district in Ikebukuro...just right under the sunshine 60 building.
9) Make sure you take the JR line at least half way around the city circle. It's a nice way to orient yourself and stay cool in the heat.

11) Asakusa otera in Asakusa. It's got a hueg ass lantern (bigger than the xbox lol) at the gate.

12) Tokyo international forum - it's just north of Ginza, IIRC.

Subway map:

Spoiler:

Tips:

*If there are guys giving out tissues, take them. They're great when you need instant toilet paper.

*Don't give money to the charity people despite them being extremely nice. Doing so will lead to a thousand other charity workers chasing after the ignorant gaijin.

*Take a coin purse with you since you'll be using the subway system A LOT. Trust me, it's the best way to get around. Most machines will have coin change, so you're okay if you only have bills to start with.

*Asking for directions at the "mini-police-stations" aka Kobans or info centers usually is the best way. They have a computer and can sometimes print out a map for you to use.

Regarding accomodation: the New Koyo HOSTEL is one of the cheapest places : http://www.newkoyo.com/ , and they're rates are about $30 a night. It's nice because you can pay with Visa and can get an access code, so you can go in and out as you please. The rooms are extremely small, and the washrooms smell like shit, seriously, I had to use a clothes pin, but hey, it's cheap right? Also, it's a 5 minute walk southbound to the Minami-senju station. The Hibiya subway line is your FRIEND. As with many other lines, you can get around most of the city just doing transfers and stuff.

You mind as well also pick up a few copies of FFXII and sell them when you get back to peeps who have modded PS2s. Just try to sneak that by customs though. ;_;

OO-WEH-AH-BOO

How ya doing, buddy?
LlooooydGEEEOOORGE
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 12:31 AM Local time: May 21, 2006, 10:31 PM #11 of 33
Yup, I know it's true Fapping with the Wapanese, amirite.

- What we all do best -

Last edited by Spatula; May 22, 2006 at 12:34 AM.
splur
Chocobo

Member 2496

Level 14.14

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 08:58 AM #12 of 33
Went to Tokyo a week ago. The 7 big districts, you could probably cover 3 a day.

Shibuya (includes Harajuku), Ikebukuro, Shinjuku, Ginza, Ueno, Roppongi, and Akihabara.

Akihabara and Harajuku are where you'll see the lolita girls and the most noticable and unique youth culture. Harajuku on sunday is more busy than any other day, you'll find more cosplayers and harajuku girls on the bridge than any other day. By the way, it's impossible to miss the bridge, look up harajuku in google and almost every picture in the first page is of people on that bridge. Harajuku has a street with alot of fashion, unique to harajuku. Akihabara is the tech district which is also very interesting. Do not, I reapeat, DO NOT hesitate to ask the girls dressed up to take their picture or take pictures with them. Sometimes they will say no, but most of the time they'll let you do it. You'll regret not doing it in Akihabara or Harajuku. Roppongi isn't very intersting, neither is Ikebukuro. Ginza is more of the rich district, full of designer places. Shibuya has alot of shops too, visit OIOI city. Ueno is interesting, avoid Freshness Burger. There are no non-smoking areas in that restaurant. Ameyoko street in Ueno is a must see, lots of stalls and alot of it is post-war blackmarket.

Sorry, I'm not trying to advertise my blog, don't look at the other pages if you think so. But I made a tokyo guide of the famous sites there. http://tripvice.blogspot.com/2006/04...-tokyo_02.html

Is it your first time in Tokyo? And is that the only city you're visiting? How long are you staying? The subway system is a tiny bit complicated in Tokyo. You need to figure out which station you're going to before you go in because you have to pay depending on the station. Also, take advantage of the day pass in Tokyo Metro. It only includes Tokyo Metro stations though, so you can't take JR and Toei lines. The day pass is only 710Y, which is much less than you'd spend if you payed per trip. It averages about 190-230Y per trip.

If you're visiting more than one city, take advantage of the JR pass which is only available to tourists. Very cheap considering you get to take the Shinkansen.

--
Tips:
Remember, they don't take tip in Japan. Hardly anyone will take it because they believe that it's their job to do their job right and that they shouldn't get paid extra for doing it.

Speaking English is not a necessity in Japan. They will understand a bit, but hardly anyone can properly speak it. Key is that they will understand a bit... so don't be intimidated to ask question in English and they'll start pointing or you'll practically play charades.

Never ever take taxis. Ever, they'll charge you a fortune.

Unless you want to drink, avoid the resturants/bars. They look, smell and act like resturants but they're not. Very expensive food, cheap drinks. You'll know because the beer will cost you like 280Y for a 600ml bottle. But then you order the expensive dishes and they'll be tiny. It's a classy bar... not a resturant. Also there's an abundance of greasy business men in these classy bars.

Public drinking and being drunk in public is not a crime. Notice the beer in vending machines and scary old men drinking beer by them.

Everything is expensive, everything. Hostel, stay with a friend, anything other than staying in a hotel. In Tokyo especially, it averages to around 180$ for a very small room. Very small. I'm not joking, I'd hit my head every time I tried to shower. Eat at Saizeriya, cheap Japanese interpretation of Italian food.

Crossing the street? Haha, you'll have fun with that one. Notice that no one crosses the street when the "do not cross" signal is on even though there isn't a car in sight. It's funny cause if you start to cross, people will follow you. Try to play red ligh-green light with them, sometimes they'll stop if you stop.

Everyone is polite. Try to stick with it. Learn your phrases, onegashimasu, arigato gozaimasta, gomen nasai, etc. Be polite too.

Toire wa doko desu ka? Eki wa doko desu ka? Konnichiwa. Ohaiyo Gozaimasu.

Ramen, Udon, Soba, etc. Mmmmmmm.

Don't hesitate to ask people if you can take their picture. Being a foreigner, it shouldn't be a problem. It's the thing I regret not doing while I was in Tokyo. Really cool fashion there.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
[RIGHT]

Last edited by splur; May 22, 2006 at 09:12 AM.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 12:49 PM Local time: May 22, 2006, 10:49 AM #13 of 33
Originally Posted by splur
Went to Tokyo a week ago. The 7 big districts, you could probably cover 3 a day.
3 is pushing it I think, but it's really how much you want to take in per disctrict. As splur said, some areas are more natually interesting than others. I was in and out of Asakusa temple in about an hour (I went at like 8 in the morning, so only one omiyage shop was open, and took a few pics of the temple and whatever), but others will demand more time. I went for about 2 districts per day, and you WILL be doing a lot of walking around the districts once you get off the train.

Quote:
Shibuya (includes Harajuku), Ikebukuro, Shinjuku, Ginza, Ueno, Roppongi, and Akihabara.

Akihabara and Harajuku are where you'll see the lolita girls and the most noticable and unique youth culture. Harajuku on sunday is more busy than any other day, you'll find more cosplayers and harajuku girls on the bridge than any other day. By the way, it's impossible to miss the bridge, look up harajuku in google and almost every picture in the first page is of people on that bridge. Harajuku has a street with alot of fashion, unique to harajuku. Akihabara is the tech district which is also very interesting. Do not, I reapeat, DO NOT hesitate to ask the girls dressed up to take their picture or take pictures with them. Sometimes they will say no, but most of the time they'll let you do it. You'll regret not doing it in Akihabara or Harajuku. Roppongi isn't very intersting, neither is Ikebukuro. Ginza is more of the rich district, full of designer places. Shibuya has alot of shops too, visit OIOI city. Ueno is interesting, avoid Freshness Burger. There are no non-smoking areas in that restaurant. Ameyoko street in Ueno is a must see, lots of stalls and alot of it is post-war blackmarket.
Ueno looks like more of the 1970's sorta run down areas, but it's still very visitable. How could I have missed Harajuku ;_;. Ginza, as stated earlier, is a posh posh place, so unless you'r Mrs. Moneybags, then do a majority of your shopping in other districts. Splur, what's OIOI? A technology shop?

Quote:

Is it your first time in Tokyo? And is that the only city you're visiting? How long are you staying? The subway system is a tiny bit complicated in Tokyo. You need to figure out which station you're going to before you go in because you have to pay depending on the station. Also, take advantage of the day pass in Tokyo Metro. It only includes Tokyo Metro stations though, so you can't take JR and Toei lines. The day pass is only 710Y, which is much less than you'd spend if you payed per trip. It averages about 190-230Y per trip.
Yeah you can get the day pass or the 1000 yen/2000 yen prepaid cards that work pretty much like a telephone card. Just swipe at the gate and then it'll be deducted AT THE STATION YOU GET OFF, this is to charge you properly how far you travelled.

Quote:
Never ever take taxis. Ever, they'll charge you a fortune.
I've never taken a taxi in Tokyo, but I did in Nagoya to get to our hotel. It wasn't too bad, but then Nagoya and Tokyo are on different scales here. To get from Narita Airport to where ever it is in Tokyo, as he said, DO NOT TAKE TAXIS. You should be able to find an express train for about 1500 yen, about 12$ USD.

Quote:
Everyone is polite. Try to stick with it. Learn your phrases, onegashimasu, arigato gozaimasta, gomen nasai, etc. Be polite too.
Sometimes too polite that they think they want to be your friends. Yeah, most tourists sometimes get the wrong impression, but they're just doing their jobs. Speaking of jobs, you'll find people doing the most interesting and mundane of jobs, simply because of the economy and trying to get every citizen as "useful" as possible, like "escalator" attendants that will bow to you as you go up and down as an escalator, or the elevator "button pushers", which pretty much take the role of bell boy away and don't carry and baggage, they just push buttons after getting told what floor the "customer" wants off.

Hey Cal, does this make Splur another Weeaboo too?

Most amazing jew boots

- What we all do best -

Last edited by Spatula; May 23, 2006 at 01:21 PM.
Cal
_

Member 76

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 07:48 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 10:48 AM #14 of 33
Well, hey: 'you lie down with dogs...'

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
LlooooydGEEEOOORGE
splur
Chocobo

Member 2496

Level 14.14

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 12:55 AM #15 of 33
haha weeaboo, wapanese. Well, I guess I would've been more out of place in Japan if I was white. But my Asian shell is pretty good camouflage. Makes it worse for me though... because they expect me to know Japanese and all the local traditions. I just pointed at the caucasian I was travelling with and they understood. He definately got his fair share of weird and dirty looks.

@Spatula
Opps, forgot. OIOI city is just like a huge mall, mostly designer stuff. As huge as malls get in downtown Tokyo at least... But that and anything around it in Shibuya is kind of cool. Window-shopper's paradise.

And hells yes, I totally agree with Spatula. We actually did 4 sights a day which included 3 districts. Doing alot of walking is the understatement of the year. It's intense... that combined with jetlag? Almost impossible... but we managed. Just avoid getting lost like we did, added a good 5km a day to walking.

FELIPE NO
[RIGHT]

Last edited by splur; May 23, 2006 at 04:31 AM.
Cal
_

Member 76

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 01:42 AM Local time: May 23, 2006, 04:42 PM #16 of 33
Can't a Jap distinguish between a countryman, Korean or Chinese?

LlooooydGEEEOOORGE

Last edited by Cal; May 23, 2006 at 01:45 AM.
Frylock
Syklis Green

Member 1779

Level 8.23

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 01:59 AM #17 of 33
It's like trying to distinguish a German from a Russian. Can't tell unless they open their pie hole. And in what district do the Yakuza hang-out? I hear they have some pretty good strip clubs.

Cal
_

Member 76

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 04:31 AM Local time: May 23, 2006, 07:31 PM #18 of 33
Well, for the record, I can differentiate between an American and an Australian, on occasion. The hair and the mouth are the keys.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
LlooooydGEEEOOORGE
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 01:19 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 11:19 AM #19 of 33
Originally Posted by splur
haha weeaboo, wapanese. Well, I guess I would've been more out of place in Japan if I was white. But my Asian shell is pretty good camouflage. Makes it worse for me though... because they expect me to know Japanese and all the local traditions. I just pointed at the caucasian I was travelling with and they understood. He definately got his fair share of weird and dirty looks.

@Spatula
Opps, forgot. OIOI city is just like a huge mall, mostly designer stuff. As huge as malls get in downtown Tokyo at least... But that and anything around it in Shibuya is kind of cool. Window-shopper's paradise.

And hells yes, I totally agree with Spatula. We actually did 4 sights a day which included 3 districts. Doing alot of walking is the understatement of the year. It's intense... that combined with jetlag? Almost impossible... but we managed. Just avoid getting lost like we did, added a good 5km a day to walking.
Did you at least take breaks? I was totally burnt out by day 5 in Tokyo. My head was hurting, everyone was so noisy in May because it was Golden Week. Oh god. Milk Tea was my savior, and this was still in Spring season, it must be total hell during the summer. I wonder how many of them happen to faint while walking. I feel sorta sorry for the salarymen wearing jet black business suits, cause ya know, it's protocol.

But it was still a blast, I want to go earlier next time, about March - Aprilish just in time for the Sakura season. Designer stuff in OIOI? I'll pass. Just show me where my Gunpla and H doujins are. I also have an asian shell here, so they aren't impressed if you can or can't speak the language. But at least it's a hell lot easier to get around with the language, obviously.

Last time I only knew like all of 5 words, and my Caucasian friend, who was white but grew up there, did all the talking for me. It's hilarious everytime we entered a restaurant and the waitress would come to me, then I'd point to him, and the waitress would have this puzzled look on her face. It's hilarious as he spoke with a perfect Kansai accent, and then all I could mutter was something like "ano....eetoo....ano...sumimasen?".

- What we all do best -

Last edited by Spatula; May 23, 2006 at 01:22 PM.
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 02:17 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 09:17 PM #20 of 33
Me and my friend are planning to stay there for a month or so, we were first looking at www.sakura-houses.com but you have to book houses a week before you move in and that's kinda risky.. so i was wondering if anyone had any other places to recomend? Cheap is good, but it shouldnt be too crappy.
Very nice recomendations in here =)

no homo
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 02:25 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 12:25 PM #21 of 33
Well how cheap is cheap? $35/night cheap --> well it's crappy for sure. It's still livable, if you want to live like you're in a developing country. SEE New Koyo hostel above in my first post.

A week ahead is not bad at all. If they ask for a deposit that should be okay, and your URL isn't working. And by "there", are you referring to Tokyo? It's not exactly for the cheap budget traveller. Food is also expensive, which is why the AM/PM convenience stores are a god send. Just buy multiple sandwiches and onigiris, as well as melon bread. You should be able to make it alive living on that for about 3 days. There's the soba / udon shops as well, relatively cheap food

Oh, and do indulge in their watermelons, especially the cube shaped ones, I'm sure they're pretty cheap LOLOLOLOL.

I was speaking idiomatically.

- What we all do best -
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 02:32 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 09:32 PM #22 of 33
opps sorry http://www.sakura-house.com/

and yeah i ment tokyo, i know it's not cheap and i didnt really mean dirty cheap but not anything that will make me a bum for life ^^;.

no homo
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 02:42 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 12:42 PM #23 of 33
Originally Posted by Sakura House
No key money, guarantor, agent fee required / All rooms furnished / Free Internet line available in most rooms / Rent including utilities and payable by major credit cards / Office open 7 days a week with English, French,
It seems like they've got a pretty decent set up for their rooms. For a whole month, I'd go for the Guest rooms at 48,000 yen a month, about $450 USD a month, which is cheaper than the New Koyo.

The apartment is about $750 USD but its for 1 or 2 people so it might be ideal for you. $800 rent per month for one month isn't too bad, actually. If you split it then it's only 400 per person which is more than resonable. I would book ASAP as spots fill up very quickly at these types of places. Since they were in business since 1992 and can seem to have multiple language support, especially English, I'd say it's a safe bet.

Go Google their reviews. Type in something like "Sakura House + ratings or reviews" or something along those lines.

FELIPE NO

- What we all do best -
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 09:54 PM #24 of 33
I would suggest trying to find whatever secret dimensional portal it is anime creators stumble into that gives them the ideas for their projects. Other that, have a great time. I wish that you have a safe trip(assuming you're not already there by the time you read this) and pleasant stay.

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 11:26 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 09:26 PM #25 of 33
Originally Posted by Acro-nym
I would suggest trying to find whatever secret dimensional portal it is anime creators stumble into that gives them the ideas for their projects. Other that, have a great time. I wish that you have a safe trip(assuming you're not already there by the time you read this) and pleasant stay.
I swear it's Tokyo Big Site. That funky looking convention center is the source of all things crazy anime, since well, it holds the annual Tokyo anime fest. I think Eva's leaving 25th of next month...so leaving late June-ish.

- What we all do best -

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Going to Japan in a month