Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Epic... Powerful... Absolutely MOVING Songs!

DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 07:52 PM #1 of 93
"Terra's Theme" Final Fantasy VI -
The first time I heard this I was absolutely amazed that a SNES could produce something so beautiful and moving. I still love to hear it.

"To The Stars" Dragonheart
-
It's a movie soundtrack, sure, but I just can't leave this off a list of epic, moving songs. Dragonheart IMHO has the most beautiful, moving music I have ever heard in my life. I love it.

"Title Track?" Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
-
It has such a subtle, ambient feel, but it really gives you the feeling of a kind of hidden power, just like what the story is - you CHOOSE to become the Nerevarine, you accomplish the main quest via your OWN power. Sure, there is prophesy - but you aren't bound to it. You could either succeed or fail, that is very clear - you aren't the Nerevarine, she says, but you could be the Nerevarine.

"Farewall Hyrule King" The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker -
A remix of one of the most beautiful Zelda themes ever (castle theme) from A Link to the Past. A very emotional and moving track. It's right at the end when you are talking to the King of Hyrule after beating Gannondorf.

"Last Battle" The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time -
I was astounded at how good the choir effects sounded in this...on a 64...and how it really gave you the feeling of impending and almost unavoidable doom.

"Title Music?" Jet Force Gemini -
Wow. Just wow. Perhaps a bit overdone, but it is balanced back out with a more subtle theme later on in the track.

"Chozo Ruins - Hall of Elders" Metroid Prime
-
Definitely a deep, epic track. No doubt about it. Very deep choral sounds mixed with a slightly higher pitched choir, really gives a much deeper feeling of how ancient the place is.

"Phendrana Drifts" Metroid Prime -
Love this too. Gives a feeling of a massive, grand, open wasteland. This entire game had very good tracks, hard to pick two, even harder to pick one...but I'll stop here with Metroid Prime tracks .

"Ghosts of Reach" Halo 2 -
Sorry, had to include this. But I have a hard time believing anyone who didn't enjoy the choir singing the Halo Theme. Definitely a empty-spacy religous feel to it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by DarkLink2135; May 1, 2006 at 08:26 PM.
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 06:05 AM #2 of 93
Yes! That song is so awesome!

Here's a pretty sweet remix of it too:
http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR00405/

There's nowhere I can't reach.

FGSFDS!!!
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old Sep 29, 2007, 12:58 PM #3 of 93
A lot of the WoW/Burning Crusade tracks have a very epic choral feel to them. In particular, I love the theme for Stormwind. Ironforge, Thunder Bluff, and A Call to Arms are all good tracks from the WoW soundtrack. I haven't listened to much to the Burning Crusade stuff but there's some gold in there as well.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

FGSFDS!!!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > Epic... Powerful... Absolutely MOVING Songs!