Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

GFF Soundtrack - General Game Music

el jacko
nobody knows

Member 838

Level 18.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 10:10 AM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 12:10 AM #1 of 99
I think this is a good idea, but the existence of the other gaming forums kinds of throws things off. So here's my proposal:

we put, on this album, the rarest shit we have on it and still make it sound good. If we keep it to relatively unknown stuff like the tracks that appear in the SOTW we can make it stand out above the other gaming CDs.

How ya doing, buddy?
el jacko
nobody knows

Member 838

Level 18.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 12:24 PM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 02:24 AM #2 of 99
Originally Posted by Blue_Kirby2
So does this mean that music from games like Mario Party or The Legend of Zelda aren't eligible for this compilation, yet stuff like Sonic Heroes or Burnout: Revenge are?
Essentially, yes.

Personally, I think it's a good general idea to follow, but not absolutely necessary. If one or two tracks from an obscure Nintendo game make it I don't think anyone is going to cry about it.

Double Post:
Just for comparison, here's the last ST's tracklist:

Burai Prototype - Isshuku Sokuhatsu!
Breath of Fire IV - Opening
Beyond Good and Evil - Home Sweet Home
Robo Aleste - Final Battle
Katamari Damacy - The Moon and the Prince
Dune Spice Opera - Wake Up
Call of Duty - Call of Duty
Phantasy Star Online - Tricktrack Part 2
Megaman 3 - Snakeman
Mario & Zelda Big Band Live - Super Mario 64 Opening & Stage 1 Theme
Guilty Gear Isuka - The Cat Attached To The Rust
Uncharted Waters II - Dance on a Cape of Good Hope
Metal Slug 5 - Windy Day
Chrono Trigger - Last Battle
Secret of Evermore - Variations Of Castle
Ace Combat 5 - Razgriz / The Warsaw Philharmonic

Treasure Master - Title
Grand Turismo 2 - Moon Over the Castle
MechWarrior 2 - Background Music 1
GötzenDiener - Graveyard Labyrinth
Ratchet & Clank Going Commando - Distribution Facility ~Planet Smolg~
The Sword of Xuan Yuan - Story 31
Unreal Tournament 2004 - Hyperblast Redux
Sonic Adventure REMIX - Unknown
Zuntata - Daddy Mulk
Megaman 2 - Bubbleman Stage
Klonoa 2 - Stepping Wind
Ys IV - Walking the Path of Legend
Wild Arms Alter Code F - War Demon
Spin Jam - In-game Music 1
Neorude 2 - Tomorrow of Promise (Last Battle)
-Aka- - To the West
Simcity 4 - Oasis

From what I remember, this list is basically a mix of SOTW winners (including all of week 3), favorites from various VGM contests, tracks various regulars nominated, along with a couple of random stuff I threw on to make it more complete.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by el jacko; Apr 1, 2006 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
el jacko
nobody knows

Member 838

Level 18.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 03:11 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 05:11 AM #3 of 99
Originally Posted by Darkcomet72
What platform are they for? Genre of game doesn't determine eligibility.

If it's a PC game, then... err... on to the PC section I guess.
I honestly doubt the PC Games soundtrack will have any h-games on it; besides, they are much more fitting on our CD than theirs. We could always ask them to not use any so we could put them on ours.

On a similar note, I think Heroes of Might and Magic 4 - Hope and Ace Combat 5 - Reprisal deserve space on our CD for their success in last year's BSE contest (along with a Simcity track of some kind) even though they are technically ineligible.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
el jacko
nobody knows

Member 838

Level 18.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 09:04 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 11:04 AM #4 of 99
From the PC gaming CD thread:

"#5: No obscure Japanese hentai dating sim thingies. While I realize some of the music is good, we want to keep an image of recognition."

I think that answers our H-game question. I would just like to add that if we do not have any H-game music on the CD I will be very disappointed.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
el jacko
nobody knows

Member 838

Level 18.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 07:48 PM Local time: Apr 4, 2006, 09:48 AM #5 of 99
Here's an idea: what if we made our entire CD H-game music? I think it'd be hilarious, especially since I'm sure we can find an hour of really good H-VGM.

I was speaking idiomatically.
el jacko
nobody knows

Member 838

Level 18.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:08 PM Local time: Apr 6, 2006, 12:08 PM #6 of 99
Originally Posted by Kairyu
Well that depends, I never got to hear "Map of Arrakis" myself. Are you saying it sounds very similar to "Wake Up" or that its the same track under a different name. If its the latter then I cannot allow that nomination =o.
My understanding is that "Wake Up" is the arranged version of the in-game theme "Map of Arrakis".

Anyway, I nominate:

Left Hand of Darkness :: Hiroki Kikuta :: 9 of 17 :: Sakura Relaxation Soundtrack
Rain Waltz :: Yoko Kanno :: 13 of 23 :: Napple Tale vol 1 Illustrated Guide to the Fairies
High-Tension Wire :: Hiroki Kikuta :: 8 of 20 :: Seiken Densetsu 3 Original Sound Version :: Disc 3 of 3

If you need uploads, just ask.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
el jacko
nobody knows

Member 838

Level 18.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 11:18 PM Local time: Apr 6, 2006, 01:18 PM #7 of 99
Originally Posted by Kairyu
Hmm if that's the case then I'll have to turn down that nomination anyway-- Unless it was actually used in the game. Plus, Capo mentioned back to me that fan-made/arrange stuff in general shouldn't be eligible. As the album should consist of actual in game music.
Actually, according to that then "Map of Arrakis" (Elorin's nomination) is eligible, as it's the actual in-game song. "Wake Up" (which appeared on the last GFFST) was the arranged theme from the bonus music CD that shipped with the game.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > GFF Soundtrack - General Game Music