Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

GFF Soundtrack - General Game Music

Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 11:43 AM #1 of 99
I'd definitely like to take part. I agree that choosing SotW-type songs (even past SotW placers) would be a good idea. 10 minutes for each person might be a bit much, though; I think (er, hope) that more than 7 1/2 people would nominate.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Check out my original music at my Soundcloud page!

Latest music rips (updated January 10, 2012):

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

Play-Asia - Japanese CDs, game soundtracks, game imports, & more

Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 02:39 PM #2 of 99
Originally Posted by el jacko
Essentially, yes.

Personally, I think it's a good general idea to follow, but not absolutely necessary.
Yeah...I don't understand this rule at all. At first I thought it meant that someone can't nominate only songs from 1st-party titles. But if it means no songs from 1st-party titles can be nominated, I don't get the reasoning behind it.

Originally Posted by Capo
It's a rule because there are already three other albums out there for 1st party music.
Ah, ok. Thanks.

How ya doing, buddy?

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

Last edited by Drakken; Apr 1, 2006 at 02:49 PM.
Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 06:29 PM #3 of 99
With people already uploading songs to your ftp, how are we going to decide what songs make the album?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 12:54 AM #4 of 99
Hmm...this is harder than the company-specific forums. I suppose that's cause I was trying to think of current multi-platform titles, rather than say, Genesis games.

Beyond Good & Evil - Dancing with Domz
Beyond Good & Evil - Hyllian Suite
Burnout 2 - Title
Freedom Fighters - Main Title

Some well-known oldies:

Ristar (Genesis) - Ring Rink
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Mystic Cave Zone
Streets of Rage 2 - Go Straight

EDIT:

Something from DDR:

Burning Heat! (3 Option MIX)

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Drakken; Apr 8, 2006 at 12:54 PM.
Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2006, 07:27 AM #5 of 99
Just wanted to point out that some of Skexis' noms are invalid, since they're console exclusives / PC titles:

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Lost Painting (PS1 exclusive)
Diablo - Dungeon (PC exclusive, PS1 version came much later)
KOTOR - Bastila Shan (counted as Xbox exclusive according to the Xbox forum thread)
KOTOR - Dantooine Outback (same)

And I'm not sure about these:
Oblivion - Dusk at the Market (I think it's already being used in either the Xbox or PC thread)
Quake III - Noise Purge (would go in PC thread? other modified versions came out later)
Silent Hill 3 - Dance With Night Wind (PS2 exclusive, PC version came out later)

Most amazing jew boots

Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 03:13 PM #6 of 99
Originally Posted by Skexis
Do you gain some sort of perverse sustenance from bean counting? All of them (yes, all of them) apply in the rules that were laid down.
No, I don't. Just wanted to point out that some of them didn't belong in this forum's soundtrack; it's quite a simple reason. And no, they don't all apply according to the rules originally laid down.

Anyway, Kairyu's already set things straight, so let's leave it at that.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Drakken; Apr 28, 2006 at 03:16 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > GFF Soundtrack - General Game Music