Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

GFF Soundtrack - General Game Music

Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 02:42 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 03:42 AM #1 of 99
The limitation on 1st-party games is pretty restrictive but I can sort of understand the rationale. I guess there go any hopes for nominating stuff from obscure PC games, especially non-English ones. Maybe I'll put in something for PC gaming instead but then... Fortunately, some of the older Ultima and Dune games were ported to the NES/SNES and Sega CD respectively so I could always fall back on those.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
I think therefore I am... I think.

Last edited by Elorin; Apr 2, 2006 at 02:48 PM.
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 08:06 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 09:06 PM #2 of 99
Some ancient classics that were surprisingly released on platforms other than PC. Was considering of nominating the 29s Sea Shanty theme from Ultima VII: The Black Gate but resisted the temptation. Will upload songs latest end of the week.

EDIT: Managed to find another nomination. Added it to my current list.

Ultima VI: The False Prophet (Game Rip) - Track 3 - "Bootup (Roland SCC-1)"
This track was recorded using the Roland SCC-1 soundcard. U6 was released for DOS, SNES and Commodore 64. Always thought it was for DOS and Mac. Currently my favourite piece of the three.

Ultima VI: The False Prophet (Game Rip) - Track 2 - "Character Creation (Roland SC-8850)"
Recorded with the Roland SC-8850.

Dune Original Game Audio - Track 7 - "Map of Arrakis"
Some might find this familiar... This is from Rimo's rip. Apparently, Dune doesn't go into PC gaming because it was also released for Sega CD.

Freedom Fighters Original Soundtrack - Track 6 - "The Battle for Freedom"
Forgot this was also released on multiple platforms. Rather enjoyed this track.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Elorin; Apr 8, 2006 at 06:28 AM.
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 06:27 AM Local time: Apr 5, 2006, 07:27 PM #3 of 99
Question: I kind of forgot Dune Spice Opera - Wake Up was nominated last year. :P One of my nominations, "Map of Arrakis" is actually the original track "Wake Up" is based on. So does that make "Map of Arrakis" ineligible?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 09:24 AM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 10:24 PM #4 of 99
Okay, I've uploaded my three nominations. The audio quality of the U6 tracks is probably better than what was more commonly available in the day. Roland is apparently quite formidable when it comes to soundcards (although I tend to prefer the SB AWE32).

How ya doing, buddy?
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 06:35 AM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 07:35 PM #5 of 99
I've uploaded my 4th (and last) nomination to your FTP, Kairyu. It's a track from Freedom Fighters. Also updated my list in my original post.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 06:58 AM Local time: May 15, 2006, 07:58 PM #6 of 99
Great work, Kairyu! Looks like a well varied compilation. I've only heard about 5 of the tracks so this should be an interesting listen. Provided I can tear myself from other distractions like intensive gaming.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > GFF Soundtrack - General Game Music