Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[News] PLAY! to Perform Concerts in Prague For CD and DVD Releases

Mr. X
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1902

Level 21.68

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2008, 08:15 AM #1 of 12
PLAY! to Perform Concerts in Prague For CD and DVD Releases

Some delightful news about PLAY! today: not only are they back with two new concerts, but they're also releasing a DVD and CD of a concert. Quoted from here:

Quote:
If you were worried that PLAY! A Video Game Symphony were a tour of the past, they have just announced two new concerts and a CD / DVD release. On April 23, 2008, the tour will perform twice at the eminent Rudolfinum concert hall in Prague, Czech Republic. The world-famous Czech Philharmonic Chamber Orchestra and Kuehn's mixed choir will perform the two hour concerts, conducted by tour veteran Arnie Roth. The 5 PM concert will be a rehearsal performance and the 8 PM concert will be a recording concert for an upcoming CD and DVD. Tickets for both concerts can be bought via the official site.

The concerts will premiere the arrangement "Gusty Garden Galaxy" from Super Mario Galaxy composed by Mahito Yokota and Koji Kondo. It has also been announced that Lebanese percussionist Rony Barrak will be a guest performer for this item. In addition, regular items from the tour such as Final Fantasy, Zelda, Chrono, Metal Gear Solid, Sonic, Kingdom Hearts, Halo, Warcraft, and Silent Hill will be performed in conjunction with graphics on large screens above the orchestra.

Fans of video game music will be delighted to learn that the second Prague concert will be recorded for a CD and DVD release due for the near future. Producer Jason Michael Paul explains that they have been waiting for the right time to make this recording a reality: "The timing could not be better!... While it may be best known as home to the world’s greatest classical music venue as performed by the renowned Czech Philharmonic, this stunning orchestra hall has built a reputation as a destination for some of the best classical music recordings of our time." Unlike the abandoned Video Games Live: Greatest Hits - Vol. 1, this release is legitimate and approved by all game companies featured.

Pre-sale of the recording will be available from the soon and will, of course, be reviewed by Square Enix Music Online. If you're interesting in learning more about the tour, don't forget to visit the official site and its tickets page. Also check out our interview and review concerning the tour's premiere.
I think it's wonderful news. I'd love to hear polished performances of the items from the tour and I think Super Mario Galaxy is a great choice. I'll be getting the CD for certain after my great experiences at Stockholm (sorry, but no fan recordings compare).

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Mr. X; Apr 12, 2008 at 08:19 AM.
Arcubalis
Syklis Orange

Member 16892

Level 13.48

Dec 2006

Old May 24, 2008, 04:08 PM Local time: May 24, 2008, 01:08 PM #2 of 12
Exclusive sneak-peek of the performance, including photos, a partial set list, and commentary by PLAY! producer Jason Michael Paul:

PLAY! A Videogame Symphony Prague Recording Session

Wish I could have been there to hear Super Mario Galaxy.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Josh_1
Organization XIII

Member 1596

Level 17.46

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2008, 02:20 AM #3 of 12
I can't wait for this cd and dvd! Has a release date been set in stone?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Arcubalis
Syklis Orange

Member 16892

Level 13.48

Dec 2006

Old May 25, 2008, 07:33 PM Local time: May 25, 2008, 04:33 PM #4 of 12
No set date. Just "Summer 2008."

Most amazing jew boots
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2008, 10:29 AM Local time: Jun 12, 2008, 08:29 AM #5 of 12
Are you talking about this one that they've had in their pre-sale shop for a few weeks now? Yeah, release date: July 1, 2008. Get pumped.

I was speaking idiomatically.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2008, 01:59 PM Local time: Jun 12, 2008, 10:59 AM #6 of 12
You'd think they at least tell me what tracks are in the CD before I go and pre order it. I don't even know which orchestra is performing in it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
Arcubalis
Syklis Orange

Member 16892

Level 13.48

Dec 2006

Old Jun 13, 2008, 04:07 AM Local time: Jun 13, 2008, 01:07 AM #7 of 12
Czech Philharmonic. If you dig around, you can find out what was played at the show. I don't recally off the top of my head.

FELIPE NO
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2008, 01:24 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2008, 10:24 AM #8 of 12
Oh sweet, Czech Philharmonic recorded the Princess Mononoke Symphony album, and I loved their performance in that one, one of the best I've heard. Even if I didn't like some of the arrangements, like MGS, the performance should be lovely.

Still can't find out what specifically was played in that concert though, unless someone has posted it in the Play! thread?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
Arcubalis
Syklis Orange

Member 16892

Level 13.48

Dec 2006

Old Jun 14, 2008, 02:28 AM Local time: Jun 13, 2008, 11:28 PM #9 of 12
Halo, Battlefield, Oblivion, Super Mario Galaxy, Sonic the Hedgehog, Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill. Others.

It's uncertain as to whether all these tracks will appear on the album though. I'd imagine everything would make it into the DVD however.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Josh_1
Organization XIII

Member 1596

Level 17.46

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2008, 11:17 PM #10 of 12
I'm really excited for this. I just hope that July 1st is the final date.

How ya doing, buddy?
Moguta
Tentacle Extraordinaire

Member 15679

Level 12.01

Nov 2006

Old Jun 30, 2008, 05:55 PM #11 of 12
It appears that the DVD will be available August 23rd:
Music 4 Games -- The Future of Rock n' Roll & Interactive Entertainment. Est. 1999.

But nothing is mentioned of the CD.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Good morning, post-apocalyptia!
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Jul 23, 2008, 03:22 PM Local time: Jul 23, 2008, 01:22 PM #12 of 12
So apparently at the PLAY! concert I was at, the Arnie announced the CD would go on sale in the fall. Pushed back and vague. =/

How ya doing, buddy?
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [News] PLAY! to Perform Concerts in Prague For CD and DVD Releases