Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Software to read NTFS, USB in DOS mode

eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Feb 18, 2007, 09:19 PM Local time: Feb 19, 2007, 09:19 AM #1 of 7
Software to read NTFS, USB in DOS mode

I'm in bit trouble now, because of some foolishness, I accidentally converted my FAT32 C:\ into NTFS, the reason I keep it FAT32 initially because DOS couldnt read NTFS, and I need to enter DOS mode to fix my XP (such as overwriting the important files in C:\windows\system32\config\ when they are corrupted)

Could someone help me? Is there any software to boot into DOS, but able to read NTFS file system, and even better, USB flash drives?

My computer is ACER travelmate 260, its bios is outdated and couldnt read USB drive sadly.

Any help would be appreciated!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
Why Am I Allowed to Have Gray Paint
Fookin' Prawns!

Member 56

Level 24.48

Mar 2006

Old Feb 18, 2007, 10:01 PM Local time: Feb 19, 2007, 03:01 AM #2 of 7
I'm not sure why you couldn't just use the Recovery Console for certain fixes, but if you want easy access to your drives your best bet would be some sort of Linux on a bootable CD, or something like Bart PE.
http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

There's nowhere I can't reach.
evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old Feb 20, 2007, 05:39 AM Local time: Feb 20, 2007, 11:39 AM #3 of 7
Your files get corrupted because you use FAT32. Seriously. As Ulysses said, you can use the recovery console or even a recovery installation (leaves all your settings intact, just installs back the XP system files) with the xp install cd.

How ya doing, buddy?
eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Feb 20, 2007, 08:25 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2007, 08:25 AM #4 of 7
The problem is, my windows XP is bundled with norton ghost, which means I couldnt use it as as bootable CD. I'm thinking sometime to convert all my drives into NTFS, but I just dont have converter D:.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
Arainach
Sensors indicate an Ancient Civilization

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old Feb 20, 2007, 08:30 PM #5 of 7
Step 1: Get a decent Windows XP CD-Image. I reccomend Bittorrent.

Step 2: Reformat Hard Drive in NTFS

Step 3: Reinstall Windows XP.

Most amazing jew boots
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 09:06 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2007, 07:06 PM #6 of 7
Answering the question asked... http://www.bootdisk.com/ntfs.htm

You can try that software, I actually found it today while trying to do some stupid computer work at work today.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2007, 08:07 AM Local time: Feb 24, 2007, 09:07 PM #7 of 7
Further expanding on Dr. RR's answer, I recommend Hiren's BootCD. You can find it on your favorite BitTorrent search engine.

Most amazing jew boots
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Software to read NTFS, USB in DOS mode