Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Windows Media Center Edition

Void
i turn black thoughts to red

Member 6792

Level 11.90

May 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 10:37 AM #1 of 2
Windows Media Center Edition

I bought a new laptop a couple of weeks ago, and it comes with Windows Media Center Edition. For some reason, even after going through countless files on it, I can't delete enough of the crap they bundled with it without still using a very valuable [to me] 9GB. Whenever I install Media Center I have to use the reinstallation disc they give me, which installs all of their bullshit programs, because I don't have the actual Media Center CD. The point of this thread is however, is it really worth it to have Media Center Edition?

I haven't used the laptop as often and as fluently as I use/know my desktop with XP Professional. The thought came across me various times to just format the laptop and install my clean Professional and be rid of all of the crap programs that it forcibly installs. Some of the features I've tried out on media center, which are pretty cool I must admit... a real easy interface for playing all of my media. But when it coems down to it, I'd probably just revert to using winamp and basic media players like I've always done.

Is Media Center really worth it? Is it really all that different from Professional? Should I just keep Professional?

How ya doing, buddy?
The only way out is through.
Echo
tagged~

Member 1728

Level 5.43

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 01:16 PM #2 of 2
If you're not using the Media Center features, or you don't see yourself really needing to use them in the future, then go for the clean XP Pro install. I did it on my sister's Gateway when she bought it a few weeks ago. Nice and clean.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Windows Media Center Edition