Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2007, 02:03 PM #1526 of 1941
It is true. You make SHITLOADS of money by doing quests. on my warrior, I started with 2k gold, back when 2k was a lot of money. when I reached 70 I had made roughly 1k gold from quest money and selling the quest rewards (not boe items you find, I sent those to a character to DE)

I reached 70 about halfway in blade's edge, and this is where the real money starts to flow. I did the remaining quests in blade's edge, all the quests in netherstorm and shadowmoon, and made roughly 3.5k from doing those quests. It's because you get like 14 gold from each quest once your 70.

So i could pretty much buy the 6000 mount right away. I then leveled my mage who started with like 1g, and when she was 70 I had the 1000g mount and a extra 2.5k gold.

How ya doing, buddy?

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2007, 02:49 PM #1527 of 1941
Worse than the murmur fight? =( Maybe its just me but I love all the boss fights in shadowlabs, I just dislike the trash pulls. Maybe its because Im a rogue, I find murmur to be pretty fun.

There are some quests, mainly in shadowmoon, that give you 25g and quest chains that can get you 100g or more. Making money really isnt hard in BC, not to mention questing to get money is a lot more fun than farming.

How ya doing, buddy?
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2007, 11:37 AM #1528 of 1941
I never disliked doing quests anyway. there's some people that rather grinded to 70 then do quests...why? I just don't get that.

SL bosses are pretty good, except for the first one which is pretty much tank and spank. The other 3 you need to know what your doing.

I did that place so many times that I hate the fucking place now, especially grandmaster vorpil. After finally getting that fucking wrathfire handcannon, they nerf it! =/

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2007, 11:57 AM #1529 of 1941
The Vorpil fight (if I'm remember correctly, the warlock with the voidwalkers?) was a mess one time. I think we ended up wiping about 6-8 times on that boss alone once. Ugh.

I like how some bosses are immune to taunt. That REALLY goes over well when there's people who just completely nuke shit and I lose aggro even after having 5 sunders and countless revenge and shield bash's/slams (whichever one isn't the siliencing/dazing one, it slips me at the moment)

Attempted Black Morass last night. BLAH. The second boss bugged out and evaded after hitting 45% and we had to fight it down again. Then I get blamed (lol whodathunkit, a tank being blamed for a wipe) because while we were on the 15/18 portal, I start fighting the elite that comes out and then the other 3 portals open before we could get it down all the way and this guy was like, 'I'm sorry, but you should have went for the boss when he popped" Of course you know, that information could have been useful before we started the event since I've never been there but like oh, ONCE.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2007, 12:18 PM #1530 of 1941
Yeah, that's crap. It's because some fucker overnuked and pulled it off you, and when he goes too far from the portal he resets. Temporus is a piece of shit as well. hits for shitloads, FAST, and does that healing debuff. He's overpowered to be honest. A mage can spellsteal his haste, but it's still hard.

Most amazing jew boots

EndlessSky
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 7216

Level 2.12

May 2006

Old Mar 24, 2007, 05:40 PM #1531 of 1941
I use to play, got a NE Hunter to about 55. It was very boring playing my hunter up to that point and it was getting painful to level with him so I quit.

What I really wanted to play was a melee class, prefarbly warrior, but considering how messed up warrior is in World of Warcraft I just decided to quit.

If i could actually find a class that I enjoy being and playing I might consider playing again but then again I dont feel like buying the expansion right now either.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2007, 05:48 PM #1532 of 1941
I USED to hate the shadowlabs, but then I came back to it with Kara gear and my sweet sweet Dirge to get the heroic key. Thats when it got fun again =P

Most amazing jew boots
Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2007, 08:03 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2007, 08:03 PM #1533 of 1941
I quit WoW starting today. I already took out my credit card info. I mean I have my flying mount after all the BS it took. I have most of my heroic keys cause I did nothing but instances for my phat loots.

Real life has become a strain thus being I don't wnat to strain over WoW.

Plus outland + caverns of time = boring.

Xpac isn't as good as I thought it would be.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2007, 07:07 AM #1534 of 1941
Worse than the murmur fight? =( Maybe its just me but I love all the boss fights in shadowlabs, I just dislike the trash pulls. Maybe its because Im a rogue, I find murmur to be pretty fun.

Heh, actually I was stating how one of the "mini-bosses" or whatever they could be called, is harder than the actual end-boss.

I'm pretty sure a few months down the line these places will be nerfed. I remember joking with someone once and said that if Blizz removed 20+ person raids, they could make 10-15 limit tops and add heroic difficulty to those that those would be hard enough to keep people satisfied while giving more players access to content.

Which honestly, isn't a half bad idea, but I'm sure if they were to lower the raid limit even more people will bitch and complain about having to "fire more friends" *shrug*

I enjoy the game, I really do, it's just getting old and stale for me. I thought BC would remedy that, but it hasn't done all that much.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2007, 10:17 AM Local time: Mar 25, 2007, 10:17 AM #1535 of 1941
I hated 40 man raids due to slow loot but they seem so much fun... Hell yesterday my friends and I ran MC and Ony... It felt just right for some odd reason.

FELIPE NO
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2007, 09:41 AM #1536 of 1941
I really do not get why people complain so much about the attunements. I think it is a well thought out system and gives people a reason to play their best. Basically you need to do a bunch of level 70 5 man instances to get a key fragment before you are able to take part in the first raid instance. After that, with the exception of Mag and Gruul's Lair...everything else you have to be at a certain skill level as a guild to get attuned to. Yeah, its tedious just to get attuned for Karazhan...but I kind of like it that way.

I do have a few odd and end things to complain about though, first being the heroic instance system. This, in my opinion, is a great system at first. You get to do earlier TBC instances that you might of done leveling up...but at a harder difficulty with new loot thats useful at 70. The only downfall to this is some of the later instances (Tempezt Keep, Black Morass, Steamvaults, Shadowlabs, Shattered Halls) have pretty much the same loot tables as their non herioc counterpart. The last boss of each has a few new epic drops that are available, but thats it. So whats the point besides attunement? Never made sense to me.

Im not a fan of the looking for group system either, since TBC I have not done one single PUG of anything. Perhaps I could, but the LFG tool makes it hard to organize a group. I think the LFG channel, while spammed with nonsense, often got groups going more then this retarded tool. Perhaps then I would pug stuff more and finish grinding out my Lower City rep and be exalted with all the new reputations.

I also think Blizzard could of done a little more with the old world stuff. I think heroic versions of some of the level 60 instances would of been a nice bonus and a nice challenge. The two new starting areas are brilliantly done...perhaps too brilliant. If I roll an alt...why would I quest in my starting area when I can go to Azuremyst Isle and get quest rewards that actually make sense? Cloth boots with +str and +int really never sat well with me. I think alot of stuff could of been reworked to make leveling up to have a purpose.

All in all ...so far the expansion has treated me well. Alot of people are complaining at how hard the raid content is. Ive heard guilds whine that Shade of Aran is impossible. Once he is down, I hear that Gruul is impossible. Being apart of a guild that pretty much tore through Karazahn in a few weeks, went through Gruul's and now has one boss in Serpent Shrine down...I can't wait to hear the semi-hardcore guilds whine about how hard Serpent Shrine is. Its kind of annoying that bosses like Gruul get nerfed to "cater" to these guilds that claim hes too hard. Anyway, I digress.

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2007, 10:10 AM Local time: Mar 26, 2007, 10:10 AM #1537 of 1941
I really do not get why people complain so much about the attunements. I think it is a well thought out system and gives people a reason to play their best. Basically you need to do a bunch of level 70 5 man instances to get a key fragment before you are able to take part in the first raid instance. After that, with the exception of Mag and Gruul's Lair...everything else you have to be at a certain skill level as a guild to get attuned to. Yeah, its tedious just to get attuned for Karazhan...but I kind of like it that way.

I don't mind getting attuned for anything. The only thing I hated was how Blizz made it you HAVE to get a flying mount. I guess it's more so I'm too fucking lazy to do quests since I did all instances for phat loots and etc. Plus it's more fun to do instances then grind quests all day.

Quote:
Im not a fan of the looking for group system either, since TBC I have not done one single PUG of anything. Perhaps I could, but the LFG tool makes it hard to organize a group. I think the LFG channel, while spammed with nonsense, often got groups going more then this retarded tool. Perhaps then I would pug stuff more and finish grinding out my Lower City rep and be exalted with all the new reputations.
It should be refined a bit cause at times a group can have everything but a warrior and then anther say priest joins up. You should be able to select what classes you are looking for, how many and etc. If more people used it, it'd be busy.

Quote:
All in all ...so far the expansion has treated me well. Alot of people are complaining at how hard the raid content is. Ive heard guilds whine that Shade of Aran is impossible. Once he is down, I hear that Gruul is impossible. Being apart of a guild that pretty much tore through Karazahn in a few weeks, went through Gruul's and now has one boss in Serpent Shrine down...I can't wait to hear the semi-hardcore guilds whine about how hard Serpent Shrine is. Its kind of annoying that bosses like Gruul get nerfed to "cater" to these guilds that claim hes too hard. Anyway, I digress.
Any boss should be able to be downed by ANY ORGANIZED group. Hence organized. If there are 20 guilds and only 1 can do it and they are all equal on playing level. Something is wrong. My guild who is semi hardcore is having no problem with Kara ATM.

I just hate attunements cause these are worse then the Horde Ony key. They should have just kept the keying/attunements like the old world.

Originally Posted by Zio
Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2007, 04:38 PM #1538 of 1941
The LFG channel is sort of coming back in the next content patch per the CMs. However, it will only be viewable and chatable if you have the LFG interface open. Nice catch there eh?

If Blizz would turn off, or just get rid of Auto Join from the LFG interface, it would make a lot of folks happier. Too many people leave that on by default when they shouldn't, and that's what's causing problems with the way the tool works. That auto join crap didn't work when they tried the original idea of meeting stones (for all 2 people who used them) and it still doesn't work now.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2007, 08:54 PM #1539 of 1941
Barring some miracle, I'm more or less done with WoW. I'm just fed up with the drama and just the general ass hattery going on. I went into Karazhan and have seend Attumen and Moroes. That's enough for me, I'm just happy to have gotten into some place like that and not be a year after it was released.

Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2007, 09:37 PM Local time: Apr 9, 2007, 09:37 PM #1540 of 1941
Join the middle-earth dark side.

Best thing I've noticed about the game so far is no dickheads running around and ruining your fun. Many guilds seem to have a more slow-going approach to the game, making it less of a race to reach 50 and more of a way of taking in the scenery and story.

That was my love hate with WOW. On one hand it allows for a more customizable character build, but on the other it encourages a really nitpicky playstyle. It becomes more of a pure numbers game than an excuse to have fun. =/

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2007, 09:41 PM #1541 of 1941
The glory days of WoW are over. People are quiting left and right. It won't be long before some other new MMORPG is the new WoW. I heard a lot of people are going to play Warhammer, and a bunch of others that aren't out yet.

Can't blame them. WoW is getting stale fast, and the expansion made things worse rather then better. Quite frankly they shot themselfs in the foot.

How ya doing, buddy?

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2007, 10:28 PM #1542 of 1941
Well, what sealed the deal for me was quite frankly we had the members to run Kara, or we were getting up there at least. Then a huge clusterfuck of shit happened at once, resulting in loss of people. The last person to "leave" was stolen by another guild, which pissed me off in itself, but then I find out the guild laughed about being able to steal him. That was the final straw for me really. If I keep playing, it'll probably be because I've rolled on another server and not have to worry about the shit involved in running a guild.

How ya doing, buddy?

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2007, 10:34 PM Local time: Apr 9, 2007, 10:34 PM #1543 of 1941
Eh, I'm going to Everquest II and perhaps LotR Online cause of the fact I love the questing, how it sounds and no god damn keys.

FELIPE NO
Originally Posted by Zio
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2007, 11:10 PM #1544 of 1941
Does that mean we should get our shovels and dig a grave for this thread?
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/

Last edited by immp; Apr 9, 2007 at 11:33 PM.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2007, 11:55 PM #1545 of 1941

Solo optional instance?

Players in good standing with the Consortium will be tasked to deal with the most recent activities of the nefarious Ethereum. With new quests, items, and content for the solo and small-group level 70 player, the Ethereum Prison will be the proving grounds for many aspiring to greatness.

Maybe I'm reading that wrong...

Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2007, 09:02 AM #1546 of 1941
Heh...they must be getting desperate. What's the point of a solo instance? Honestly...that doesn't even sound remotely fun. Ever did SM at 60? that's how much fun it will be.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2007, 03:56 PM #1547 of 1941

Solo optional instance?

Players in good standing with the Consortium will be tasked to deal with the most recent activities of the nefarious Ethereum. With new quests, items, and content for the solo and small-group level 70 player, the Ethereum Prison will be the proving grounds for many aspiring to greatness.

Maybe I'm reading that wrong...
It's just Blizzard's usual clever use of wording trying to mislead you. My translation of that is, if you're revered/exalted with the Consortium, you'll be able to buy (yet another) key into that dungeon, as well as access new quests for the area outside of that dungeon.

And I know how you feel Dagget with guild drama and poaching like that. Had it happen to my old Alliance guild where some pissy babies decided to have themselves a little behind the scenes backstabbing planned, and then launched it literally almost taking every decent player from the guild. How the guild managed to survive is beyond me, but to this day I look at all of them as ungrateful asshats. I can't even believe some that are still in my old guild call those that left for the other one "friends". Oh yeah and get this, their tag line is "Skill has no substitute, friends make it fun!" Yeah they sure know what the definition of a friend is.

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2007, 05:05 PM #1548 of 1941
Interesting. I've been in a similiar situation. People that say that are full of shit.

There's two kind of people in WoW. Those who play for fun and to play with friends and those who don't give a shit about it as long as they get epics. I've seen people ditch guilds they were in for over a year to join this big epeen epic guild...I was not impressed. How can you just leave your history and friends behind like that?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2007, 05:23 PM Local time: Apr 10, 2007, 05:23 PM #1549 of 1941
Heh...they must be getting desperate. What's the point of a solo instance? Honestly...that doesn't even sound remotely fun. Ever did SM at 60? that's how much fun it will be.
I don't think it's a solo instance so much as it is an area people can fly to and continue questing to get money instead of farming.

They aren't going to add a whole new area, but probably just offshoot from netherstorm or something, maybe a little island like shadowmoon valley has for that gorefiend armor quest...can't remeber the name of it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2007, 05:42 PM #1550 of 1941
it just pisses me off that people still stoop to poaching in the expansion.

I'll say again, I think what really pissed me off more though was not the fact he was stolen, but the fact they more or less bragged and laughed about bing able to steal him. It's the second time the guild has stolen someone from us, first was a druid which ironically that same druid was the one who did the stealing.

I don't know, it just sucks having just about established a guild, have them getting ready to do some serious running and then that shit happens. I like to have epics like the next person, but I'd rather get them honestly through friends instead of jumping ship to a place that already has it done.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft