Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 09:54 PM #151 of 1941
I'm confused. I thought if you had a set that had its graphics changed (like the Beaststalker's set I have), they would change.

FELIPE NO

Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 09:55 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 09:55 PM #152 of 1941
I didn't hear about the massive dos attacks even though I don't get what dos attack has to do with a server... Probaly too much to explain...

But I use to feel your way about the servers coming back up but today was MC raid and the next brut blade + viskag that drops is mine cause everyone who needed one that had higher status then I did got thiers. The next ones are MINE.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 01:39 AM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 11:39 PM #153 of 1941
A DDoS attack basically is an attempt to overload a server by pinging the shit out of it in hopes of making it crash from the strain of dealing with in-game traffic AND the pings. If one crashes, then the realm more or less is gone until Blizz can get it back up.

Of course, the method I described is only one out of many that I don't know.

How ya doing, buddy?
Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 02:46 AM #154 of 1941
Originally Posted by Knighthawk
Wow so even people on this forum are complaining? Yanno...why complain? Eventually its going to be fixed and if you lose one day...big deal? I dont think alot of people take into consideration how difficult it is to maintain servers that house as many players as it does. Even so...its patch day...you never ever expect to play any MMORPg on its patch day.
I got a friend who's "been around the block" with a bunch of MMORPGs. According to him, WoW is the only game that suffers this problem this much.
Now, I don't know what games he's had much experience with. He's mentioned playing Dark Age of Camelot, EVE Online, Everquest and something else besides WoW.
But still, according to him, WoW has "some of the worst customer service this side of Matrix Online."

I don't know where he finds the time though. And the money to pay the monthly fees...yikes.

Most amazing jew boots
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 03:04 AM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 03:04 AM #155 of 1941
It's true, I don't think SOE even had customer service levels as bad as this is currently. I might not have experience as a network admin running MMO servers before, but it certainly seems like to me that they have a small team of maybe 50-100 people working on a game that 5-6 million people play.

I almost have to feel sorry for those who worship Blizzard and would gladly pay their $15 along with their souls to play.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 03:26 AM #156 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
By free day, they merely mean you get one day at the end of your pay peroid. So instead of say paying the 12th of every month, you pay the 13th... Yanno?

I'd rather be reimburse by say full rest(for my alts) and then 40 gold a piece.

lololol. They say they'll add a free day of game time and allow you to pay on the 13th instead of the 12th. But I've yet to see it. my account "ends" every month on the 14th. It's been this way since I started paying for my own account in November. No, I take that back, I'll throw in 6 days from when I didn't renew my account that one time until 6 days after. Anyways, I was expecting to have a full day of time but instead, I found myself unable to log in the game on the day my account originally will get frozen from non-payment.

If someone actually gets their free day, I'd be surprised.

Also, any and all kinds of mods it seems that are creative and look 1000x better than Blizzard's are now worthless. thanks to the XML/LUA nerf they did to no longer allow them to be edited apart from blizzard staff. Even CT_Raid Assist got fucked over and a warning of "ignore or disable" popped up when I logged in.

Patch 1.10 is fucking worthless. The gold they give in compensation to quests is a joke. The flight paths are fucked up. EXAMPLE: Flying to Valormok from Orgrimmar. Going to turn in the hands of the enemy quest. Got to valormok and realized I had forgotten my hands. No biggy, fly to winterspring to pick them up (and hopefully check out the winter effect) flight path took me from Valormok, to Orgrimmar back past valormok and to winterspring. (no weather. LOL) So I picked up my hands and went to fly to valormok. LOL WRONG. It flew me past Valormok, back to Org, then flew back around to Aszhara. wonderful. Sure I got about 12g from turning in both the hands and opening the chest underneath the water and sure that's 12g more than I had. but meh. Whatever.

Originally Posted by The Dopefish
I'm confused. I thought if you had a set that had its graphics changed (like the Beaststalker's set I have), they would change.
nah, you have to get the upgrades through quests. and from the looks of it, UD strat seems to have not undergone the nerf that was said it had in test realms of mobs taken out. Shame, since they gave it a 45 minute limit to get to baron in order to complete one of the upgrade quests.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by dagget; Mar 29, 2006 at 03:29 AM.
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 06:24 AM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 06:24 AM #157 of 1941
Dagget, I've been getting my free days, don't know about you though. :X

And I think Blizz is doing a good job, not as grand as I want it to be, but it's a good job none the less.

The only problems i have is on major patch days cause I want to play but can't. Other then that I have no problem with WoW or even Blizz itself.

And trust me, I've seen worst custormer service and much worse servers then what Blizz offers.

And I doubt they have 50-100 people working, they probaly have a lot more then that, but when you service people around millions upon millons then well, what do you expect?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 08:08 AM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 02:08 PM #158 of 1941
Seeing as almost 2 years of the life cycle of WOW has already passed is it still worth me getting?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by El Ray Fernando; Mar 29, 2006 at 08:24 AM.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 01:26 PM #159 of 1941
And thus Ugnok's journey into Molten Core comes to an end. Hanging up the medallion of Steadfast Might and the grind on 5-man instances begins once again.

I finally got "pushed out" by the guild that runs Molten Core. I guess this is a good thing, cause I now get to do stuff on Saturday nights instead of listening to yelling and pouting and what have you.

edit: (wow nifty edit system!)

Heh I made a farewell thread and then people are telling me to stick around and not leave, so I'm going on one final "farewell run" of sorts. Since next week they're going DKP, they want me to have one last run with them for the sake of going. One more chance at a phat Might lewtz. Even though my position isn't as important as it has been, we'll see if it's worth it or if it'll be just yet another bust. Who knows highlander? If it's goes well and I come out with something, that'd be wonderful. If I come out a loser si me, then it's my own fault and there won't be any complaining on my end.

I've got my rogue almost ready to go venture forth in the scholo/strat areas, so alliance side will probably be seeing a lot of me there.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by dagget; Mar 29, 2006 at 03:12 PM.
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 01:31 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 01:31 PM #160 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
And I doubt they have 50-100 people working, they probaly have a lot more then that, but when you service people around millions upon millons then well, what do you expect?
I expect them to adapt to being able to handle their customer base by providing high quality communication and service to match their success. It really isn't too much to ask when all you want to do is sit down and pass the time.

Vindication was nerfed yesterday too, as all named in dungeons are now completely immune to it, thus making the debuff worthless. May as well put the points in Pursuit of Justice now. ;_;

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 01:53 PM #161 of 1941
Note: my set stats did change with the patch.

Most amazing jew boots

Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 02:14 PM #162 of 1941
Originally Posted by El Ray Fernando
Seeing as almost 2 years of the life cycle of WOW has already passed is it still worth me getting?
If you have some friends you know playing it, I'd say yes. It's an enjoyable game, and Blizzard does open new non-transfer servers to allow folks to have fresh starts.

How ya doing, buddy?

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 04:25 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 10:25 PM #163 of 1941
Originally Posted by Kaelin
If you have some friends you know playing it, I'd say yes. It's an enjoyable game, and Blizzard does open new non-transfer servers to allow folks to have fresh starts.
More or less all of my buddies play first person shooters unfortunately, is it pretty easy to get into and also is the general population on most servers helpful or a bunch of retards?

Most amazing jew boots
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 08:38 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 08:38 PM #164 of 1941
Originally Posted by Kostaki
I expect them to adapt to being able to handle their customer base by providing high quality communication and service to match their success. It really isn't too much to ask when all you want to do is sit down and pass the time.
Yes, I understand but either way someone is going to see it flawed and not be happy.

Originally Posted by Zio
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 08:46 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 08:46 PM #165 of 1941
True of course, but better the minority unhappy than the majority. It doesn't take much to please people when it comes to MMOs.

I've decided to roll an Engineering Druid named Rhapthorne to see what kind of strategical shenanigans I can pull with it while the Paladin rests a bit to recover from all these bugs and nerfs.

Most amazing jew boots
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 08:53 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 08:53 PM #166 of 1941
Originally Posted by Kostaki
True of course, but better the minority unhappy than the majority. It doesn't take much to please people when it comes to MMOs.
And if there is no improvement to thier custermer support then it must mean majority are happy.

Quote:
I've decided to roll an Engineering Druid named Rhapthorne to see what kind of strategical shenanigans I can pull with it while the Paladin rests a bit to recover from all these bugs and nerfs.

Bugs? nerf? Ha, it didn't seem much like a nerf to me. They do just as well even before... Hell, they got a buff for eye for an eye. It can be used even while mounted.

Originally Posted by Zio
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 08:59 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 08:59 PM #167 of 1941
Improvement is a natural requirement for everything, be it something as trivial as MMO customer support. Communication would be a great start.

Currently, as I stated above, Vindication no longer works on targets where it would hold the most potency. Seal of Command is still bugged to go "Spell Not Ready" from time to time. Lay on Hands is bugged to not restore the 550 mana to a given target. Weapon procs and enchants are bugged to not proc at ALL when Seal of Command is active.

Clearly, there are bugs.

How ya doing, buddy?
khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 10:44 PM #168 of 1941
I believe that Seal of command is set to NOT proc on weapon procs and enchants.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 10:50 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 10:50 PM #169 of 1941
Interesting, considering I've had it proc during Ravager Whirlwind before. I guess I'll toss it into the nerf column then instead of a bug.

Authentication and Login Servers are both down again. Joy.

Most amazing jew boots
khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 11:29 PM #170 of 1941
Yeah I believe it was a nerf. I first noticed it on the test servers. Glad I don't have a Pally worth playing anymore. Yeah the login servers are crap but I think its more then that. I recently rolled on a brand new server and you cannot even get to those. On any other server you can get on but it randomly disconnects you. I just ganked a troll shaman, waited for him to come back so I could rack up more honor from him but I was DC'ed. Oh well, im not going to piss and moan about how Blizzard owes me a refund like the majority of the people on WoW Forums. I still have Suikoden V

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 12:11 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 12:11 AM #171 of 1941
Rolling on a brand new server is bad in and of itself, because you have everyone and their dog wants to "start fresh" so you have an immediate overcrowded server. Much easier to roll on a more established server where you already have pre-existing drama and where people have reputations.

Turns out Thunderhorn is one of only a select few servers that have a problem right now. I started playing .hack instead, because I don't feel like waiting.

How ya doing, buddy?
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 12:15 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 12:15 AM #172 of 1941
I don't remember what vindication does again, so you are going to have to enlighten me again but maybe they nerfed it where certain named mobs can't be used against?

Originally Posted by Zio
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 12:20 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 12:20 AM #173 of 1941
Vindication was 15 point required Retribution talent (with three levels, 5%/10%/15%) that debuffed the target to reduce their Strength/Agility by 15% of their max value. Against mobs that die quickly it's fairly useless, but when applied to named or boss mobs that have a bit of HP it was decently effective. Not anymore, I guess.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Talbain
Quilty as Charged

Member 19

Level 10.84

Feb 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 02:53 PM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 07:53 PM #174 of 1941
A nerf on paladins wouldn't be that bad of a thing really.

Pre-patch, AV was always dominated by horde. Now I'm convinced that about 100 Alliance rolled pallys to gain level and participate in AV, which is probably the most effective class in that BG. It's frusterating as hell.

There's no fewer than 20 in each one, it's insane.

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 02:57 PM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 02:57 PM #175 of 1941
Aha.... You thought AV, WSG and etc was horde dominating?

You should see the two servers I play horde for, they are total DIPSHITS when it comes to anything for a BG.

But then again, that is why I don't pug BGs anymore unless I know the guild, the people in it or whatever maybe the case.

How ya doing, buddy?
Originally Posted by Zio

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft