Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2006, 08:57 PM Local time: Dec 16, 2006, 06:57 PM #1351 of 1941
I dunno, but I personally enjoy every one of the changes. Lord knows it'll make getting a raiding group easier together for me, although it might make it harder for me to join an already-established group.

Besides, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they start adding 40-mans by the second expansion patch.

As for PVP, anything that lets me get good gear at a pace I want to without forcing me to put in more time than I have can be nothing BUT a good thing. Hell, I would've been immensely happy if they'd just removed the honor decay and DK's, keeping everything else the same.

That said, I think that they would've been better off keeping several things for the expansion pack, like the level 65 guards. THAT alone killed what remained of world PVP and city raids, because at least before you only lost rank, which not many people cared about. Now you can't even kill the largest force of opposition unless you're Naxx-geared, and you also have to deal with enemy players, and that Naxx gear doesn't help you resist that Soul Fire or that Aimed Shot.

Also, I freaking hate the Enhancement sets for Tier 4 and Tier 5. Spell damage on a melee set? WTF, Blizzard.

For those wondering, that spell damage adds around half the DPS that AP alone adds, while only adding 50 to your bread-and-butter heal as Enhancement: LHW. So, in essence, you're gimping your damage to heal somebody with 10K HP.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by The_Griffin; Dec 16, 2006 at 09:30 PM.
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2006, 10:09 PM Local time: Dec 16, 2006, 10:09 PM #1352 of 1941
I think people are simply getting tired of having the rug pulled out from under them so many times. Blizzard makes changes to get people excited, then once people are all fired up wanting to play again (and have resubscribed for another month) they retract the changes or make illogical changes that piss off a great deal of the userbase.

That's why I quit the game entirely myself, and never really moved onto another MMO yet. I have Phantasy Star Universe, but I haven't really tried the online aspect of it yet.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 03:03 AM #1353 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
I like the changes but that's just me.

I liked the new PVP system, all i wish is you could 'rank' up cause now my warlock is suck as nothing cause I didn't get to PVP with him enough to get scout.

And I heard nothing bad about the raiding thing, I think it's good to have 25 mans. Cause if the guild is good enough, you could easily pull out three decent teams of raiding making loots easilier to get, well not easier but faster. Even if it was as hard as naxx, Dagget, it might be more annoying then good. /me shrugs. I guess that is why it would have phat loots.

Oh don't get me wrong, I love the changes so far. My only gripe is that they went ahead and nerfed the amount of honor gained in PVP after raiding premades were attaining MASS AMOUNTS of honor and getting HWL gear in a matter of days. After they've already "abused" the system (thanks to them sending in scouts in AB/WSG and refusing to fight anything that's not a premade) and got the items, then honor was nerfed and when people were in disgust about it, the abusers just jumped on the bandwagon that it was "fine".

I dunno, Karazhan looks FUN from what I've seen and that's all that is important to me. I want a place fun that's small like that. A raid instance that's 10 man and that kind of difficulty plus the look of being fun is what the game needs and not 40+ person raids. This isn't EQ and should have never went into that direction, despite what some people say.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 03:46 AM Local time: Dec 17, 2006, 01:46 AM #1354 of 1941
Originally Posted by Kensaki
Well enjoy it. Almost everyone I know and everyone they know are quitting wow for the next big thing. All threads on realm forum is about why bother to continue playing, many people are or have quit. So have fun with your mage while we play other games.
Tsk tsk, such negativity.

For me the game isn't really about my characters more so than it is about whom I interact with while I'm playing the game. Yeah, the little tweaks and changes making certain encounters and changes in fights make it discouraging sometimes, but WoW to me is about the friends I play with. If all the sudden all of them decide to disappear due to a new game, that's just life. People and characters spoof. All the time. It's really nothing new whether it is to burn out or if it is just RL affecting them.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Spike
Good Chocobo

Member 642

Level 17.36

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 09:40 PM Local time: Dec 17, 2006, 07:40 PM #1355 of 1941
Originally Posted by Grail
This is going to sound like a stupid question, but the blood elf female in the trailer is a mage right?
I saw a battle res and a holy nova. She's a priest.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Dec 19, 2006, 04:31 PM Local time: Dec 19, 2006, 02:31 PM #1356 of 1941
Well, I feel a little guilty, but I ran UBRS yesterday, and I picked up this little toy off of Rend: http://www.thottbot.com/?i=20470

I replaced my Cold Forged Hammer with it (finally!). And it's amazing. When the proc goes off... UNF. Toss in a Stormstrike, and if I'm lucky, a Windfury proc or two... my DPS goes through the roof with that up. I think I'll be keeping it for quite some time, and when I save up enough honor for the HWL axe, I'll offhand that and mainhand the HWL axe, keeping my current Bonescraper to pop Shamanistic Rage with.

I'm gonna be having some fun with this baby, though.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Dec 19, 2006, 05:14 PM #1357 of 1941
I bet that was some pissed Rogue/Fury Warrior in that group.

The other day we didn't have any healers on (aside from myself) and had a couple people begging to run Scholo for a while (main reason is either we have a healer or I'm not on to tank, or I'm on to tank and no healers on) So had to makeshift tank with my Shaman (who's restore) two other mages, a lock and rogue. We destroyed the place. The only three bosses that gave us any kind of problems were Barov, Rattlegore and the Doctor. Although Doctor dropped his Sawbones shirt~ of course cause I wasn't on my rogue, Headmaster dropped Shadowcraft Cap. Bleh.

Most amazing jew boots

Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Dec 19, 2006, 06:25 PM Local time: Dec 19, 2006, 06:25 PM #1358 of 1941
Meh, that is why I like sword/mace spec as a rogue. Barly any group I'm with do I miss a drop I really really really want.

Second, as a lock I barly miss drops as well.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Dec 19, 2006, 07:49 PM Local time: Dec 19, 2006, 05:49 PM #1359 of 1941
Hah, there were actually two rogues in there that rolled need. There was surprisingly no drama though. We wiped so much near the end, though. The warlock that came along got two-shotted by Drakk's guards, and the poor hunter who had never kited Drakk before didn't make it past the bridge.

We surprisingly didn't wipe on him though, even though we only had enough time to burn down one of Drakk's guards and we couldn't CC the other because we didn't have a mage, and we didn't bother with the last group of trash so we couldn't fear him.

FELIPE NO
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2006, 05:41 AM #1360 of 1941
omg guys, haha. I bought a pack of the WoW:TGC at the checkout yesterday, had to fight to get to the trading cards near the front, then when I did, just grabbed the last WoW one. Got home, opened it... BAM. The Hippogryph loot card~ ::nerd mode::

Just don't know who to give it to

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2006, 10:54 AM Local time: Dec 20, 2006, 10:54 AM #1361 of 1941
Meh, I tried the game and dislike it. It doesn't have a play style like Magic The Gathering or Yugioh(Even though I sold all my Yugioh cards on ebay and made like problay double what I paid for in booster packs and etc.).

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2006, 02:48 PM #1362 of 1941
I get the cards specifically to see if I can net any loot cards. Probably got about 5 or 6 packs before I got the pet. the CE is supposed to have two starter/booster packs in each one, hopefully I can get something cool in that as well.

How ya doing, buddy?

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2006, 03:11 PM Local time: Dec 20, 2006, 03:11 PM #1363 of 1941
What is so special about the loot cards?

/me goes to find his small stash

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Originally Posted by Zio
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2006, 04:59 PM #1364 of 1941
You can get special pets/mounts/gear from them kinda like getting murky from the blizzcon tickets. http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/wow/en/products/FAQ/

stuffs shown near the bottom of that page.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Dec 21, 2006, 11:21 PM Local time: Dec 21, 2006, 11:21 PM #1365 of 1941
I was reading the WOW boards earlier, and I came across this gem of a screenshot.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...906_191636.jpg

I have to ask this. Is that whole Shoot the fucker! thing part of the actual UI or do you actually type that in there, or is that a button or something?

Because I was lol'in over all that screenshot for about 10 minutes.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Dec 21, 2006, 11:28 PM Local time: Dec 21, 2006, 08:28 PM #1366 of 1941
Originally Posted by Kostaki
I was reading the WOW boards earlier, and I came across this gem of a screenshot.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...906_191636.jpg

I have to ask this. Is that whole Shoot the fucker! thing part of the actual UI or do you actually type that in there, or is that a button or something?

Because I was lol'in over all that screenshot for about 10 minutes.
For that matter what UI (or UIs) is that person using? I've seen similarly set up UIs but recently I've had the urge to get my UI redone.

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2006, 06:29 AM Local time: Dec 22, 2006, 06:29 AM #1367 of 1941
I think it's Titan.

Second I want a turtle mount. ;______;

FELIPE NO
Originally Posted by Zio
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2006, 11:15 AM Local time: Dec 22, 2006, 06:15 PM #1368 of 1941
Re-installing WoW now. Does anyone still play on the EU servers (Chromaggus)?

CLOudkiller
Slacker Extraoridinaire

Member 686

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2006, 11:49 AM #1369 of 1941
Originally Posted by Grawl
Re-installing WoW now. Does anyone still play on the EU servers (Chromaggus)?
I play every now and then on that server but mostly on my main on Zuluhed.

How ya doing, buddy?
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2006, 05:03 PM #1370 of 1941
Originally Posted by Masanda
Wow this thread's up to 54 pages?

Oh, check my ctprofile for all the updates on me =)

p.s. 3117 AP attained on last night's Patchwerk.
Huh...

What was that? battle shout, might should be around 2000 in zerk stance. with kings and 2 crusaders that's like 2.5k rampage a extra 200...hmm...where did you get rest from? Trueshot aura, and some elixer of giants and the 20 str food...that's roughly a extra 200, where did you get the other 217 from?

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2006, 08:09 PM Local time: Dec 22, 2006, 06:09 PM #1371 of 1941
Well, he might've been Horde, which has its own unique buffs (i.e. Unleashed Rage for another 10% AP... so he'd need a base of around 2800 AP to break 3000... and there's also improved SoE which gives 176 AP alone).

I think though that he might've done a tribute run and got some of the buffs from there, and possibly other world buffs. Who knows?

Most amazing jew boots
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2006, 08:15 PM Local time: Dec 23, 2006, 03:15 AM #1372 of 1941
Can someone help me?

Back when I played the game every day, I was going for a critical hunter. Now the talents have reset, I have no idea what I should use the points on ;_; I don't care about traps, but just want to be good in PvP.

Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2006, 09:08 PM #1373 of 1941
No he's alliance, and improved blessing of might beats SoE totem as I recall.

I suppose it could be the tribute buff, or even the onyxia buff or something along those lines.

It's been a while since I was raiding. I'll see what I can get.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Dec 23, 2006, 09:29 AM Local time: Dec 23, 2006, 07:29 AM #1374 of 1941
True... but it's definitely world buffs that pushed him over 3K AP.

Oh, and anybody who cares one whit about itemization needs to kindly "suggest" that Blizzard take the Tier 4 and Tier 5 enhancement shammy sets and shove them up their ass.

Here's the Tier 4:

http://www.thottbot.com/beta?set=633

Note the spell damage on it. Now, spell damage isn't too bad, right? It increases your shocks AND your healing!

...Wrong.

The only offensive spell that enhancement shamans will use are shocks, instant cast spells which receive 43% of your spell damage. The same with heals: you will mainly use Lesser Healing Wave, which also receives 43% of your damage.

Now, keep in mind that Enhancement shammies require crit, hit, and AP to DPS. They get more mana back with AP, and keep up Flurry and Unleashed Rage more with crit, and hit allows them to do both reliably. Yet, the only crit and AP on this comes from agility and strength, and there is no +hit at ALL. And instead of these vital stats, we get an extra 50 on a 1.2k heal going to a tank with 10k HP, in exchange for over half the DPS we could get if we had JUST AP instead of damage.

Ugh. If this goes live, I will tell every shaman, enhancement and otherwise, to just pick up the Resto/elemental set, and to ignore the enhancement set. *sigh*

Shifty
Wark!

Member 1495

Level 2.62

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2006, 06:48 AM Local time: Dec 24, 2006, 09:18 PM #1375 of 1941
Originally Posted by Kostaki
I think people are simply getting tired of having the rug pulled out from under them so many times. Blizzard makes changes to get people excited, then once people are all fired up wanting to play again (and have resubscribed for another month) they retract the changes or make illogical changes that piss off a great deal of the userbase.
Yeah, I share some of this sentiment. I came back recently to play my priest and catch up with my old WoW buddies and I found out that they were removing the dynamic functionality of the UI that made healing tolerable in large raids such as emergency monitors and Decursive-style interfaces.

Sure, there are new dungeons which have smaller groups but that's no excuse to make my job harder and more boring than it is currently. I went looking for a straight-forward answer and it sounded like Blizzard wanted people to go back to playing whack-a-mole with health bars.

And don't even start about the priest class talents - some sort of worthwhile holy talent or a better definition of the class trees would be greatly appreciated, but instead we get more shiny talents to distract from the real work that it deserves.

Have fun with the expansion. I know I won't be back.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft