Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 12:53 AM Local time: Oct 4, 2006, 10:53 PM #1051 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
That's cause it makes sense for a shadow priest to have such an ability, not a shaman.

Second, with the coming of shamans and pallies on both sides. Watch how shamans/loladins get respeced/redone again to make them more even. Cause to me, i don't think there maybe much shamans going into raids.
How does it make sense for a pure healing class whose damage tree's main problem is scaling to get a mana regen talent, when a class that Blizzard themselves has stated they want to move into a DPS/Hybrid role is being held back by both mana regen AND a reason to DPS in raids as Elemental gets... nothing except a totem they can drop before going back to healing?

Also, as it is, there are 9 classes, 25 spots. That leaves 3 spots for each class, with a pair of them taking 2. And the way that it looks right now... well, Elemental shammies may be one of the classes left out. =\

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 01:42 AM Local time: Oct 5, 2006, 01:42 AM #1052 of 1941
Originally Posted by The_Griffin
How does it make sense for a pure healing class whose damage tree's main problem is scaling to get a mana regen talent,
A priest can be pure damage or pure healing. And it made sense for a PRIEST or a WARLOCK to get something like vampiric touch. Not a god damn hippie/nature/lore/ritualistic person like a shammy.

Quote:
when a class that Blizzard themselves has stated they want to move into a DPS/Hybrid role is being held back by both mana regen AND a reason to DPS in raids as Elemental gets... nothing except a totem they can drop before going back to healing?
You can DPS, you can heal. Good thing you feel that you get forced into it but like I said my guild has no problem with shammies, that and as well we have some elemental, some resto, and some enhancement. No need to force all your shammies into that.

Second, you have mana regen, all be it that your mana tide totem needs to be a ability, not a talent point. But you got two mana type totems. You can hybrid by this. DPS as ele/enchancement and back off and heal.

Quote:
Also, as it is, there are 9 classes, 25 spots. That leaves 3 spots for each class, with a pair of them taking 2. And the way that it looks right now... well, Elemental shammies may be one of the classes left out. =\
Actually, by the time pallies on horde even get high enough, about most shammies would have thier gear... That and as well my guild has already planned on what to do with pallies as an addition so that both get in. Mainly cause of healing, hell most shammies say that totems are better then pallies stuff cause a pally can only HAVE one aura. A shammy can drop four or whatever amount of totems.

/me shrugs.

Once again I don't play shammies but come on.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
Elidibs
deeder deeder deeder deeder

Member 1308

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 03:44 AM #1053 of 1941
So, no level increase, but hunter talents are in. Also, a great new blood elf female bug. Whenever you do /cry or /laugh, it does the human male sound effect.
I hate the female BE /rude. It makes me want to kick them. :/ Male Draenei's is the best.

I was speaking idiomatically.
cuss words
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 04:35 AM Local time: Oct 5, 2006, 02:35 AM #1054 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
A priest can be pure damage or pure healing. And it made sense for a PRIEST or a WARLOCK to get something like vampiric touch. Not a god damn hippie/nature/lore/ritualistic person like a shammy.
A priest, even shadow specced, can easily place around the middle of the healing meters, maybe top 5, and can also provide decent damage.

Also, let me get this straight. Are you saying that because of the name of the talent, it shouldn't be a shammy talent?

Quote:
Second, you have mana regen, all be it that your mana tide totem needs to be a ability, not a talent point. But you got two mana type totems. You can hybrid by this. DPS as ele/enchancement and back off and heal.
Oh, joy, the mana spring totem that takes half its duration to provide any benefit to the shaman at all, on top of interrupting our spirit regen. =\

Also, as it is, Elemental shaman have no reason to DPS over healing, period. We can't DPS as good as mages or 'locks, because then our healing abilities would marginalize them completely. Which leaves party buffs. Funnily enough, the only party buff the Elemental shaman has is a passive buff that doesn't require the shaman to be casting and actualy playing as an Elemental shaman.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by The_Griffin; Oct 5, 2006 at 04:46 AM.
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 09:46 AM #1055 of 1941
Quote:
The Beast Within + When your pet is under the effects of Bestial Wrath, you also go into a rage causing 30% additional damage for 18 seconds. While enraged, you do not feel pity or remorse or fear and you cannot be stopped unless killed.
Um wow? are they trying to say they cant be feared or...anything...or what O.o
I think I'm going to make a hunter now just so I can toss all my aggro on the mainhealer or sum rogues.

FELIPE NO
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 10:30 AM #1056 of 1941
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burni...ollectors.html

I went to EB today and when I turned in my Application, got my pre-order changed over to the Collector's edition~

Box looks like the Fellowship of the Ring Extended box though. :\

* World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade on both CD and DVD
* World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Behind-the-Scenes DVD
* The Art of World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Hardcover Art Book
* Exclusive In-Game Pet: Netherwhelp
* Two World of Warcraft Trading Card Game Starter Packs, plus Exclusive Cards
* Map of Outland Mouse Pad
* World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Soundtrack CD

heh, can't wait to see what the whelpling looks like.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by dagget; Oct 5, 2006 at 10:33 AM.
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 10:48 AM Local time: Oct 5, 2006, 10:48 AM #1057 of 1941
A priest, even shadow specced, can easily place around the middle of the healing meters, maybe top 5, and can also provide decent damage.

Also, let me get this straight. Are you saying that because of the name of the talent, it shouldn't be a shammy talent?
Now JUST THE NAME but what it DOES.

Quote:
Oh, joy, the mana spring totem that takes half its duration to provide any benefit to the shaman at all, on top of interrupting our spirit regen. =\

Also, as it is, Elemental shaman have no reason to DPS over healing, period. We can't DPS as good as mages or 'locks, because then our healing abilities would marginalize them completely. Which leaves party buffs. Funnily enough, the only party buff the Elemental shaman has is a passive buff that doesn't require the shaman to be casting and actualy playing as an Elemental shaman.

Hey it's still mana regeneration.

And elemental can't DPS like a mage or a lock but you pop a frost shock and go to whacking the enemy. Over and over. That is why some of the shammies who are elemental went enchancement oto.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 12:14 PM Local time: Oct 5, 2006, 10:14 AM #1058 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
Now JUST THE NAME but what it DOES.
Sooo... in other words, you're saying that Elemental shamans shouldn't a) get a viable reason to DPS on raids, something they currently lack, and b) a mana regen capability beyond either a totem that

Quote:
Hey it's still mana regeneration.
...Mana spring, with talents, costs 75 mana at the maximum rank to cast, restoring 10 mana every 2 seconds for one minute, or 300 mana. That means, over the course of one totem's duration, it returns a net gain of 275 mana- barely enough for one lightning bolt cast, untalented. However, it also interrupts mana regen. Shamans get no in-combat spirit regen, and only gain benefit from mp5.

Now, let's factor in mana regen. Shamans have a regeneration rate of x/5 +17. Unbuffed, a level 60 Troll shaman has 101 spirit. Assuming 8/8 Earthfury, the shaman has 213 spirit, giving him a mana regen rate of 212/5 +17, or 59 mana every two seconds (rounded down). Assuming that the shaman cast a totem immediately after a tick for the minimum penalty, the true cost of a Mana Spring Totem is now 75 + (59*2), or 193 mana. Assuming that for the entire duration of the totem, the shaman does notcast a single spell, the total mana gained by Mana Spring totem, plus spirit regen, is 69*30 - (59*2), or 1652 mana for one totem.

However, this figure is in a vacuum, where the shaman's sole duty is to drop a Mana Spring totem every minute. For a moment, let's assume that the shaman is healing. That means he is casting a spell every... oh, let's give them 10 seconds, to be generous. With this, let's assume for a moment that the shaman can regain one tick of mana before needing to cast another heal. Under these conditions, they interrupt their mana regen 10 times. So, the number of ticks they receive, under these conditions, are 12. Thus, the total mana gained through casting Mana Spring, while healing every 10 seconds (something that most likely does not occur too often within a raid setting), is (59*12) + 300 - (118), or 890 mana regained.

Eight hundred and ninety mana regained from Mana Spring, under unrealistic conditions. Under an actual DPS role where we are chain-casting, that regen is bumped down to the original net gain of 275 mana.

I dunno about you, but the equivalent of having an extra lightning bolt every minute before we go out of mana (which happens in about 2-3 minutes) isn't exactly terrific mana regen.

Quote:
And elemental can't DPS like a mage or a lock but you pop a frost shock and go to whacking the enemy. Over and over. That is why some of the shammies who are elemental went enchancement oto.
So all of a sudden I can't want the playstyle I prefer most to get equal treatment with the other DPS playstyle, and provide an actual benefit to the group?

How ya doing, buddy?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 12:32 PM #1059 of 1941
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...hpark+warcraft

looooooooool

also, I'm aware that this is been posted probably 1000 times and requested as many, but I had just put it here for relevant purposes :P

Last edited by dagget; Oct 5, 2006 at 12:44 PM.
Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 01:25 PM #1060 of 1941
Originally Posted by dagget
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burni...ollectors.html

I went to EB today and when I turned in my Application, got my pre-order changed over to the Collector's edition~

Box looks like the Fellowship of the Ring Extended box though. :\

* World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade on both CD and DVD
* World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Behind-the-Scenes DVD
* The Art of World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Hardcover Art Book
* Exclusive In-Game Pet: Netherwhelp
* Two World of Warcraft Trading Card Game Starter Packs, plus Exclusive Cards
* Map of Outland Mouse Pad
* World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Soundtrack CD

Looks good. I hate to say it, but I'll probably end up getting it just because I got the Collector's Edition of the original release of WoW. I'm such a collection junkie sometimes. There is stuff in there that I'm really looking forward to such as the art book, and making of DVD (Haven't even watched the original one yet though heh). Hopefully the collector's edition won't cost any more than $60.

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 05:25 PM #1061 of 1941
Originally Posted by Kaelin
Looks good. I hate to say it, but I'll probably end up getting it just because I got the Collector's Edition of the original release of WoW. I'm such a collection junkie sometimes. There is stuff in there that I'm really looking forward to such as the art book, and making of DVD (Haven't even watched the original one yet though heh). Hopefully the collector's edition won't cost any more than $60.
EBGames.com has a $69.99 price tag, but I don't know if that's just a guestimate or what it is. :\

Elidibs

Member 1308

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 06:30 PM #1062 of 1941
Originally Posted by Kaelin
Likewise. I hope I can change my preorder. I accepted the job I have now partially because of this. >>;

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
cuss words
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 11:58 PM #1063 of 1941

Probably like this but transparent

http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m...elpoutland.jpg

FELIPE NO
HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old Oct 6, 2006, 03:58 AM Local time: Oct 6, 2006, 06:58 PM #1064 of 1941
Originally Posted by immp
Um wow? are they trying to say they cant be feared or...anything...or what O.o
I think I'm going to make a hunter now just so I can toss all my aggro on the mainhealer or sum rogues.
Don't worry, it'll probably be immediately nerfed/raped like Bestial Wrath was when hunters has their class review. Still, for the time Bestial Wrath wasn't nerfed god was it fun raping casters.

As to what I'll be doing when Burning Crusade comes out? Well outlands will be packed with 60s, as well the Dranei and Blood Elf starting areas, so I'm heading over to the first neutral zone that Dranei come to and killing every single one of them that crosses the border.

Normally I'm not that sort of person, but goddamn its going to be fun. There will be some sort of never ending tide of Dranei too, so its not like I'll run out of targets. I might even Fraps it while I try to stave off the hordes of level 10 Dranei passing through.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Elidibs

Member 1308

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2006, 04:56 AM #1065 of 1941
I've just realized something...this thread gives me more of a place to post in than sewers. :D
I'd also like someone to evaluate my lock's talent build. ...lock's the only one I've tolerated long enough. Ended up deleting others. D:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000

This is where I plan on taking it. Evaluate?

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000

It does me well in PvP-- much better than Destruction did, but PvE's a mixed bag.

cuss words
Turbo
*blink*

Member 25

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2006, 07:45 AM #1066 of 1941
Well, its time to ask again... I'm ready to go full marksman or w/e Im supposed to go to with my hunter.. If you wouldn't mind taking a look at this and then link one of those talent sites.. + why you think I should do it... I'm tired of having low dps when I go raiding... with no rogues.

And, more importantly, I made a tank. Well, a tank in the making. I've no idea the talent distribution for one. ie: which talents to raise first, sword + sheild, 2 swords, or a 2hander.. Right now, I've been mostly soloing up till now, so I'd like to get decent dps without dying so many times. Maybe a build that I can still tank with, and solo? If such a thing exsists... Same thing as the hunter, link me one of those talent sheets, if you will. (but all filled in) and it would be much appreciated.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2006, 11:46 AM Local time: Oct 6, 2006, 11:46 AM #1067 of 1941
Sooo... in other words, you're saying that Elemental shamans shouldn't a) get a viable reason to DPS on raids, something they currently lack, and b) a mana regen capability beyond either a totem that
You do, mana tide, I already said it should be an ability not a talent so you don't get rigged into restor.

Quote:
So all of a sudden I can't want the playstyle I prefer most to get equal treatment with the other DPS playstyle, and provide an actual benefit to the group?
You can have your play style but you can't expect it to be as good as anther. You can't expect to DPS like a mage. It aint going to happen.

Just like I can't espect my rogue to do flips in the air, dodge incoming fireballs(Which come on, if I was running towards someone and I saw a fireball i would jump the fuck away.), be able to use sprint to be IMMUNE to snaring and etc for a few measly seconds and that you could still physcailly backstab or ambush someone with swords or even ambush with a mace. It just aint going to happen.

You want to be an ele shammy, fine but you aren't going to be as good DPSer as say as a mage. That's like saying a rogue should be wearing mail and all thier sets be converted so that they last longer and have bigger HP buffs and etc.

And according to Gamestop, it's around 42 something with taxes here in my city in Wisconsin cause I've had paid off reserves.

Originally Posted by Zio
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2006, 03:55 PM Local time: Oct 6, 2006, 01:55 PM #1068 of 1941
I don't want to be as good at DPS as a mage, though. What I want is to be able to support and increase the DPS of others through doing damage myself, either through increasing the damage, or increasing the sustainability of others, like Enhancement shammies will be able to do come expansion. Totem of Wrath and Wrath of Air don't cut it for that, because if they wanted me to, they could have me drop those and heal. What I want is for them to require me to DPS in order to provide those buffs.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2006, 03:59 PM #1069 of 1941
Originally Posted by Turbo

And, more importantly, I made a tank. Well, a tank in the making. I've no idea the talent distribution for one. ie: which talents to raise first, sword + sheild, 2 swords, or a 2hander.. Right now, I've been mostly soloing up till now, so I'd like to get decent dps without dying so many times. Maybe a build that I can still tank with, and solo? If such a thing exsists... Same thing as the hunter, link me one of those talent sheets, if you will. (but all filled in) and it would be much appreciated.
ah-ha I'll handle this one :P

If this d00d is going to be a tank, best bet is to stay Fury/arms (for the most part) until you hit about level 50-ish. Put a few in protection here and there to have some tanking abilities. When you hit about 50 (I waited till 60, but then again I'm stubborn and was forced into Protection heh), You want to get the essential protection elements. I have 37 in Protection, with 14 in Arms. This enables me to deal a nice amount of damage. 14/0/37

I can hit for about 200-ish in defensive stance with that at times, while my crits can get to be about 400+ (I've managed a 600+ crit Heroic Strike while also having about 400+ crit with Shield Bash) One thing about a tank though, it is hard to solo stuff, but only if you try to be tough and solo like 3-4 60s at once. (this becomes not as much a problem when you have really good gear, but I'm just a n00b in a mix of Valor and might. )

Toughness is a must (as it adds to your armor value) and imp sheild bash helps against the fights where mobs/bosses do heals. (Although imo, it needs a quicker cooldown to match the interrupt time, but that's just me. :\)

Your main bet however, is to try to get Shield Slam and stay away from some of the more retarded Protection abilities. (lol imp. disarm)

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2006, 08:44 PM Local time: Oct 6, 2006, 08:44 PM #1070 of 1941
I don't want to be as good at DPS as a mage, though. What I want is to be able to support and increase the DPS of others through doing damage myself, either through increasing the damage, or increasing the sustainability of others, like Enhancement shammies will be able to do come expansion. Totem of Wrath and Wrath of Air don't cut it for that, because if they wanted me to, they could have me drop those and heal. What I want is for them to require me to DPS in order to provide those buffs.

So if you do frost shock, you increase frost damage + slow down? like a tlaent like that?

Most amazing jew boots
Originally Posted by Zio
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 03:35 AM Local time: Oct 7, 2006, 01:35 AM #1071 of 1941
Something to the effect of that, yes. I'm fine with being a support class, so long as the playstyle I spec for is supported by the talents. As it is, the Elemental talents increase the output of the spells associated with Elemental playstyle (Lightning Bolt, CL, our shocks, etc.), but do not give us a reason we can point to and say "THAT is why we should be allowed to do damage."

FELIPE NO
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 05:40 AM Local time: Oct 7, 2006, 03:40 AM #1072 of 1941
Picture from Nagrand. I thought it was funny.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 06:31 AM Local time: Oct 7, 2006, 04:31 AM #1073 of 1941
ah-ha I'll handle this one :P

14/0/37
This is superior if the build is for raiding. Being a tank and having a single point, or any points, in rend is a big wtf. If you wanted to you could also move some points around and get Unbridled Wrath or Iron Will, depending on the instance you're raiding most at the moment.

Last edited by Six Machine; Oct 7, 2006 at 06:39 AM.
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 10:13 AM #1074 of 1941
Picture from Nagrand. I thought it was funny.
Jessykins, your screencapping brilliance astounds me.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Turbo
*blink*

Member 25

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 10:56 AM #1075 of 1941
Originally Posted by Six Machine
This is superior if the build is for raiding. Being a tank and having a single point, or any points, in rend is a big wtf. If you wanted to you could also move some points around and get Unbridled Wrath or Iron Will, depending on the instance you're raiding most at the moment.

I'm only level 20 so I'm still a ways off from raiding. Im just looking for something balanced so that I can solo, and when guild or LFG people need a tank for those low instances im going to be starting, I'd be able to tank decently without needing a respec.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft