Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

Guru
:wink wink:

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 02:29 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 02:29 PM #801 of 1941
I suppose we might see a lot of people clicking off Might? =p

Jam it back in, in the dark.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 02:54 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 12:54 PM #802 of 1941
Orrrr..... we could see Windfury totem being reserved for the MT group.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 03:21 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 12:21 PM #803 of 1941
From hearing all the whining from shamans about how useless their totems are in raids it almost seems this class/faction switch is a buff for the horde. We get windfury and mana tide totems, they get kings, might, wisdom etc etc. Then again I've never really raided with horde so I don't have any first hand knowledge...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 05:20 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 03:20 PM #804 of 1941
Originally Posted by Yggdrasil
From hearing all the whining from shamans about how useless their totems are in raids it almost seems this class/faction switch is a buff for the horde. We get windfury and mana tide totems, they get kings, might, wisdom etc etc. Then again I've never really raided with horde so I don't have any first hand knowledge...
I'm still unsure about it. I mean, yeah, now we might be better, but so will everybody else.

Really, it depends on what new skills we get come expansion, along with what totems wind up stacking with what blessings. If not much changes, though... I wouldn't be surprised to see 1, MAYBE 2 shammies in a raid, for WF totem in the MT group.

Oh, and the Alliance in Thorium Brotherhood are literally complete morons. Seriously. They LITERALLY had an Alterac Valley game won last night. They had our aid station, they had all of our towers destroyed, and they were at Drek'Thar's door.

SEVEN horde stalled them (apparently had them too scared to try Drek'Thar, from what I heard afterwards), while the rest of them, me included, raced up to Stormpike and killed him.

And this was done by a faction who has ONE guild that downed Ragnaros in the entire server. Which fell apart and is rebuilding right now.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 07:19 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 05:19 PM #805 of 1941
I haven't played in a while, but I signed up to play again last week. A guy I work with had characters on Thorium Brotherhood, so I signed up there as well. Glad to see a GFFer or two over there (though I'm alliance, so oops).

Missed you, WoW.

I was speaking idiomatically.
and Brandy does her best to understand
Guru

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 09:49 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 09:49 PM #806 of 1941
Mikey you should come back over by Laughing Skull and give me, Masanda and nwzinc a holla when you're bored

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 01:41 AM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 11:41 PM #807 of 1941
Originally Posted by BlueMikey
I haven't played in a while, but I signed up to play again last week. A guy I work with had characters on Thorium Brotherhood, so I signed up there as well. Glad to see a GFFer or two over there (though I'm alliance, so oops).

Missed you, WoW.
If you want PVE goodness, then you're better of sticking with Alliance on that server (there are at least two guilds that are past MC, whereas there are NONE on Horde that have even downed Ragnaros). However, unless you get into a good PVP guild, you're going to get your ass handed to you in PVP every single time. Alliance PUGs suck. And then you have assholes from the Recoil guild like Axetonhank, Dragonxx, Idaks, and Pistachio (alliance players) who graveyard camp in the BGs. =\

In other words, roll Horde and have actual FUN. ='D

I'm also the 2nd-in-command of a nice RP guild, and I can DEFINITELY get you a spot in it if you want to.

FELIPE NO
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 08:36 AM #808 of 1941
A MT doesn't need windfury. He really doesn't. I see no reason for it, having tanked for 8 months without it without ever losing aggro. It's pretty much wasted on them. 2x 60 damage!

This really is for the rogues and warriors that do dps. It won't be easy to get used to a whole new buff like that out of nowhere, especially for warriors, but I guess your gonna have to compensate by holding back a little.

hmm... I wonder if that threat totem stacks with blessing of salvation?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
Guru

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 11:10 AM Local time: Aug 6, 2006, 11:10 AM #809 of 1941
I would venture to bet that on things like that, the threat modifier for both is reduced at least a little to compensate.

Either that, or some of the shaman and paladin talents and abilities will be switched around so they're not a direct reflection of each other any more.

BucPride
HOLYSHITHEISSHORT

Member 172

Level 16.43

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 03:06 PM #810 of 1941
Originally Posted by The_Griffin
If you want PVE goodness, then you're better of sticking with Alliance on that server (there are at least two guilds that are past MC, whereas there are NONE on Horde that have even downed Ragnaros). However, unless you get into a good PVP guild, you're going to get your ass handed to you in PVP every single time. Alliance PUGs suck. And then you have assholes from the Recoil guild like Axetonhank, Dragonxx, Idaks, and Pistachio (alliance players) who graveyard camp in the BGs. =\

In other words, roll Horde and have actual FUN. ='D

I'm also the 2nd-in-command of a nice RP guild, and I can DEFINITELY get you a spot in it if you want to.
I just signed up on Thorium Brotherhood, rolling Horde Undead Mage. I play on Sen'jin rolling Alliance and Horde on a few other PvP servers. Sen'Jin is horride for PvP, at least for WSG and AB. We barely win, and most of the players don't have any sense of teamwork. I hope Brotherhood is a good PvP server so I can have some more fun at the BGs (that, and I've been wanting to roll on a RP server for some time).

Most amazing jew boots
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 04:00 PM Local time: Aug 6, 2006, 02:00 PM #811 of 1941
It's fairly good. Most PVP you'll find is in the BGs, and lately we've been having some trouble because people have been acting like pricks in the BGs - graveyard camping, rude-ass emotes, shit like that.

Once 1.12 comes out, though... well.... we're pretty much the only RP server in our battlegroup, and most of the others are PVP servers. It's going to be freaking Burning Legion all over again for me.

Most amazing jew boots
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 07:53 AM #812 of 1941
I have to admit that that 1.12 change seems interesting I would have loved to see how that works. I was on a PvE server where the PvP queues were simply pathetic. You waited hours for a single WSG queue to pop, and then it's over within 5 minutes and you wait another 2 hours. Ugh.

If I was still around when 1.12 hits I probably be PvP'ing all day and get a decent rank.

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 02:14 PM Local time: Aug 9, 2006, 12:14 PM #813 of 1941
Eh, queues aren't such a bad problem on Thorium Brotherhood. ESPECIALLY with Alterac Valley. It surprises me to wait more than 30 seconds to get into a spot, really.

Arathi Basin and Warson Gulch are another story, though. They take anywhere from a half hour to NEVER. ;_;

'Course, WSG always lasts at least a half hour in my experience. And that's a quick match.

Unfortunately, Thorium Brotherhood also has a policy of "don't be a douchebag in battlegrounds," and a guild that recently transferred over here from a PVP server (I can't remember the name) has been getting a LOT of flack 'cause some members have been doing shit like graveyard camping and spamming "YO U L O SE EV ERY TI M E." I think some guilds have even blacklisted them from grouping in PUGs 'cause of that.

Oh, and it also doesn't help that one of their members is named Axetionhank. Which is 2DMAXX but also sorta destroys the suspension of disbelief. =\

The point is, though, that it sorta sucks that this server which has an honor code, polices itself, and doesn't really have any good gear (We only JUST opened the AQ gates, and the top Horde raiding guild only just downed Ossiran) is going to be thrust in with these PVP servers where odds are that Naxx'd-out warriors spamming rude emotes and graveyard camping will be the norm. And to be honest, I can't help but think it'd sorta ruin PVP on Thorium Brotherhood.

I just pray that they include an option to decide between joining a server-exclusive BG or a cross-server BG.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by The_Griffin; Aug 9, 2006 at 02:22 PM.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 11:38 PM #814 of 1941
Yeah, AV is horrid on some servers because you have people that want to grief, camp and be complete fucknuts in there. It used to be that everyone would get invited to the same raid group for AV, but Thunderhorn, horde-side has about 5-10 people who que as a group and don't invite anyone else in, so when I'd go to fight something, it's already tagged by the "A-Team" and there's no honor/rewards in killing it. It's why I don't deal with AV anymore, because no one listens to what the fuck is going on. Like if we tag Stormpike GY, there will be like 1 or 2 alliance that will cross the bridge and shoot at one horde and then about 90% of the SP defenders run towards them and the 2-3 people left defending get ambushed from behind by about 10 or so alliance and we lose the graveyard before it's even fully captured. blah

AQ 20 from what I hear, is a joke (well most of the gear that drops from all of AQ is a joke, apparently). The day we opened the gates, what used to be Imminent (one of the top alliance raiding guilds before the lag/server problems had about 70% of them transfer off Thunderhorn) took AQ 20 down in like 2 days, I want to say. I've only been up to Kurinaxx (sp?) in AQ20 and had to tank him the only time I've fought him. The drops were pretty shitty from what I remember as well.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burni...rnsoftime.html

CAVERNS OF TIME~~

Last edited by dagget; Aug 10, 2006 at 11:42 PM.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 04:09 AM Local time: Aug 11, 2006, 02:09 AM #815 of 1941
Yeah, that looks pretty badass. Might be worth actually getting the expansion pack and grinding to 70 JUST for that one.

Anyway... ground up to 56 a few nights ago. Also got a Fiery enchant on my Cold Forged Hammer, and as a result was too poor to get anything but the last ranks of Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning.

Also did WSG tonight. YOU ARE GEE AYCH.

I remember now why I utterly loathe that place. Literally the ONLY reason one side wins half the time is because the other is populated by fucktards who think that turtling is the way that you win BGs. Horde turtled like a mofo tonight. >=|

Oh, and let's not forget those that don't listen at all when the raid leader (me) says "PEOPLE: WE NEED TO GO ON OFFENSE AS ONCE AND STOP TURTLING OR WE WILL LOSE."

Oh well, at least I only have to go through that pain twice more (once if I get lucky and PUG with a GOOD group) before I can kiss it goodbye until 60.

Then I move onto Arathi Basin, which is somewhat more tolerable if only because the matches are by their very nature only around a half-hour to 45 minutes long.

Oh, and WTF blizzard:

Quote:
- Temporary item buffs (e.g. poisons, sharpening stones and shaman
weapon buffs) will no longer persist through zoning or logging out
due to technical issues. This feature is anticipated to be
activated once more with the expansion.
BRILLIANT. Now do they go back to the days where rogues have to blow around 2-3 time more gold on necessary skills than they do, but they don't even explain WHY they did it, and why the expansion will magically fix this issue.

Seriously, this is a gigantic slap in the face of so many rogues, especially since this is their review. The only one bigger than this is druids getting Innervate trainable in the Shaman review. =\

FELIPE NO
HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 05:30 AM Local time: Aug 11, 2006, 08:30 PM #816 of 1941
Holy shit, another Thunderhornian. Well, ex anyway, I rerolled on the Oceanic servers. What's your characters name?

My guild got a bit too "hay guyz lets raid 6 days a week", I said fuck that and rerolled with a bunch of other people who were sick of that kind of attitude as well and haven't looked back. I mean, these guys wanted to do MC on New Years Eve. WTF people, you don't even need to know anyone to go and do something on NYE.

The guild fell apart after that though from what I heard. I haven't been on my characters on Thunderhorn in months.

PvP is a mixed bag on Jubei'Thos. AV is owned by the Horde, we win 90% of AVs, except perhaps when Alliance decide to turtle at Stonepoint GY/Bridge on a AV weekend and a lot of the non pvp people won't run foward and attack and get pummeled by fireballs and AoE from mages on the other side.

Alliance win a lot of WSG due to having pallys, though this will become less of a problem post Burning Crusade, and AB is probably 60:40 favouring Horde.

But yeah, now with transfers we're seeing waiting time coming back, T3 toons and the like, but its still fun. Well, except that running into rogues in Nightslayer is a lot more common now than it used to be.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 08:46 PM Local time: Aug 11, 2006, 08:46 PM #817 of 1941
Late as always, but I will add my information into the mix.

Thunderhorn (Main Server) :
Himeko - 60 Human Paladin
Kostaki - 60 Tauren Druid (Current Main)
Lindsey - 26 Undead Priest
Haruhi - ?? Undead Rogue

Stormscale (Abandoned..)
Karin - 60 Human Paladin

Yes, I've rolled two 60 Paladins. Stormscale is a PVP server, and Thunderhorn is PVE. With the advent of BGs, I decided to remove myself from the gankfest atmosphere and joined Thunderhorn at the behest of Ugnok/Deadlyfire and the Scumdogs of Azeroth crew. Unfortunately, that appears to be falling apart too, so my time to quit may be near. We'll see though.

Last edited by Kostaki; Aug 13, 2006 at 07:09 AM.
Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 09:09 PM #818 of 1941
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3152830

Some interesting tid bits from that article. 25 person epic raid level content sounds like it might be a nice change of pace. I'm sure interested in seeing if the drops will still be balanced against what folks can get from the current 40 mans in the game, but considering that most of the gear that you can get from 40 mans will be considered average as you level to 70, it may just be a non-issue.

Sounds like PvP could become fun again too, with the currency based PvP system instead of the insane 10 rep per BG based system.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 12:35 AM #819 of 1941
Originally Posted by HazelGuy
Holy shit, another Thunderhornian. Well, ex anyway, I rerolled on the Oceanic servers. What's your characters name?

My guild got a bit too "hay guyz lets raid 6 days a week", I said fuck that and rerolled with a bunch of other people who were sick of that kind of attitude as well and haven't looked back. I mean, these guys wanted to do MC on New Years Eve. WTF people, you don't even need to know anyone to go and do something on NYE.

The guild fell apart after that though from what I heard. I haven't been on my characters on Thunderhorn in months.

PvP is a mixed bag on Jubei'Thos. AV is owned by the Horde, we win 90% of AVs, except perhaps when Alliance decide to turtle at Stonepoint GY/Bridge on a AV weekend and a lot of the non pvp people won't run foward and attack and get pummeled by fireballs and AoE from mages on the other side.

Alliance win a lot of WSG due to having pallys, though this will become less of a problem post Burning Crusade, and AB is probably 60:40 favouring Horde.

But yeah, now with transfers we're seeing waiting time coming back, T3 toons and the like, but its still fun. Well, except that running into rogues in Nightslayer is a lot more common now than it used to be.
Who were you in Thunderhorn? What was the guild? I could tell you if it fell apart and how it did probably. :P

OMG OMG. 25 player max?!?! <3 <3 <3 I might be able to get my guild off the ground after all!

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by dagget; Aug 12, 2006 at 12:39 AM.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 01:16 AM Local time: Aug 11, 2006, 11:16 PM #820 of 1941
I swear, the second I read "Pallies are going to get a snap-aggro AOE taunt" and "Shamans are going to be refocused more into a healing and DPS role," I literally cried out "Whoo-hoo!"

The scaling-difficulty dungeons sound sweet too.

Blizzard just got a repeat customer for the expansion.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 02:06 AM #821 of 1941
Originally Posted by The_Griffin
I swear, the second I read "Pallies are going to get a snap-aggro AOE taunt" and "Shamans are going to be refocused more into a healing and DPS role," I literally cried out "Whoo-hoo!"

The scaling-difficulty dungeons sound sweet too.

Blizzard just got a repeat customer for the expansion.

Dude, I'm so thrilled at the 25-player limit in all new dungeons (provided I read that right) now seeing some of those instances may no longer be a pipe dream for me.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Aug 13, 2006, 07:04 AM Local time: Aug 13, 2006, 05:04 AM #822 of 1941
The removal of 40 player raids is very, very bad news for anyone raiding currently. We already have people sitting out of current raids. What am I supposed to say to half the guild when I can only invite 25? "Thanks for the help in MC through Naxx. Go can go fuck yourselves now." And no, making two raids groups is not plausible at all.

If there were some 40 man raids mixed in with the others I could really care less, but the complete lack of 40 man raid content is a kick in the nuts to those who have been raiding as such for two years now. I'm genuinely worried about where the game is heading now. This is going to kill a lot of guilds.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 13, 2006, 07:11 AM Local time: Aug 13, 2006, 07:11 AM #823 of 1941
I have to have a hearty laugh at people who are going ballistic over the news. It means new raid leaders will be born, multiple MTs will come about, and double or even triple raids will be forming.

It's not that more people will be sitting out, it's that more people will have an opportunity to put together more raids within a present guild for more opportunity for loot. It's an excellent way to present teamwork in the fashion of having multiple teams giving new people a time to shine.

All I can do is LOL at all of you whining over it.

FELIPE NO
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 13, 2006, 07:19 AM #824 of 1941
Originally Posted by Six Machine
The removal of 40 player raids is very, very bad news for anyone raiding currently. We already have people sitting out of current raids. What am I supposed to say to half the guild when I can only invite 25? "Thanks for the help in MC through Naxx. Go can go fuck yourselves now." And no, making two raids groups is not plausible at all.

If there were some 40 man raids mixed in with the others I could really care less, but the complete lack of 40 man raid content is a kick in the nuts to those who have been raiding as such for two years now. I'm genuinely worried about where the game is heading now. This is going to kill a lot of guilds.

That attitude is what's going to kill guilds. What is so terrible about25 man capped instances? I think it would benefit bigger guilds. Let them learn and manage multiple raids, get everyone geared up faster. (Where as most people have the MT get geared in tanking gear first and others have to wait, you can have two tanks get geared up at what could be the same amount of time.)

Of course, tehre are going to be complete tools that get pissed because their gear fell in Raid 2 instead of Raid 1 and bitch and moan and complain and then leave to a "smaller guild". :\

Kensaki
_

Member 2194

Level 15.48

Mar 2006

Old Aug 13, 2006, 10:51 AM Local time: Aug 13, 2006, 05:51 PM #825 of 1941
Its change and its needed. Either you conform or you quit. Most likely you'll just cry your eyes out now then conform. Like everything else in World of Whinecraft.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft