Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Some new Blue Dragon music.
Closed Thread

Spinal Tap
Syklis Green

Member 2060

Level 6.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 07:33 PM #1 of 15
Some new Blue Dragon music.

Well, no direct feed, but you can hear it playing in the background of this new video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eW6_Jgdi_5U

Overall, I think it's pretty good, probably Uematsu's best work since FF9.
I like the main battle tune, and the boss theme is just WTF... not nescisarily in a bad way though, but I think a lot of people will be put off. (but maybe it doesn't play during all boss batles)
Also, here is some piano music from the game:

http://clanidt.free.fr/BluedragonIntro.mp3

This is probably the main theme... I like it a lot.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 07:49 PM #2 of 15
Well, at least now I see why the game's title is "Blue Dragon"...I can't say I can see anything there that couldn't be done on current hardware.

I liked the boss battle theme much more than the main battle theme.

I'm hopeful, but I hope the score isn't largely like the exploration parts in the video (mostly ambiance).

There's nowhere I can't reach.
I'm taking over this town...
I'm screaming for vengenace...
I'm shouting at the devil...
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale...
Ain't lookin' for nothin' but a good time...
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Dec 12, 2006, 06:52 PM Local time: Dec 12, 2006, 06:52 PM #3 of 15
Is this out yet. The ost? I don't want to listen to it, due to wanting to hear it the first time I play through it. I was just curious on your guys opinions on it.

Most amazing jew boots
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Dec 12, 2006, 07:17 PM Local time: Dec 12, 2006, 05:17 PM #4 of 15
The OST (SVWC-7428~9) comes out tomorrow. The single of the boss theme ("Eternity - Nobuo Uematsu with Ian Gillan," SVWC-7427) has been out since November 22. That album was released by #gamemp3s a couple of days ago.

<3 Eternity

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Dragon God
Tarantulas FTW

Member 1948

Level 14.75

Mar 2006

Old Dec 12, 2006, 08:33 PM Local time: Dec 12, 2006, 10:33 PM #5 of 15
Blue Dragon will certainly meet the high standards of FFVI, I can feel it.

We'll see (hear rather) the result of his newfound freedom in a few days anyways.

I think that going freelance was the best thing he ever did.

How ya doing, buddy?
Argentis
RyuFAN

Member 4057

Level 31.90

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2006, 06:43 AM Local time: Dec 13, 2006, 12:43 PM #6 of 15
I'm hoping this will restore my interests in Uematsu's work. I just hope it's not another Hanjuku Hero...that was a bit of a disaster. I'm not liking the idea of vocal boss themes...fine if it was in latin, but cheesy JRock is a little off putting. I am yet to properly here this yet, and I hope to be surprised ^^

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
niki
Valar Dohaeris

Member 30

Level 41.66

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2006, 06:46 AM Local time: Dec 13, 2006, 01:46 PM #7 of 15
*cough*

FELIPE NO
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2006, 06:55 AM Local time: Dec 13, 2006, 05:55 AM #8 of 15
Originally Posted by Dragon God
Blue Dragon will certainly meet the high standards of FFVI, I can feel it.

We'll see (hear rather) the result of his newfound freedom in a few days anyways.

I think that going freelance was the best thing he ever did.
Are you fucking stoned? This game looks like absolute shit. The graphics are boring, the kid attacks with a blue dragon that he creates from his shadow, and the character design looks like a cross between one-peg and Astroboy.

Yes, I'm sure it will live up to the mature, strong plot-driven game that was final fantasy VI, with it's then-legendary graphics, great score and wonderfully customizeable gameplay.

You fucking prat.

Wait, you're talking about the music. That we'll have to see, I suppose, but I didn't hear anything special.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Dragon God
Tarantulas FTW

Member 1948

Level 14.75

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2006, 07:38 AM Local time: Dec 13, 2006, 09:38 AM #9 of 15
Originally Posted by Denicalis
Are you fucking stoned? This game looks like absolute shit. The graphics are boring, the kid attacks with a blue dragon that he creates from his shadow, and the character design looks like a cross between one-peg and Astroboy.

Yes, I'm sure it will live up to the mature, strong plot-driven game that was final fantasy VI, with it's then-legendary graphics, great score and wonderfully customizeable gameplay.

You fucking prat.

Wait, you're talking about the music. That we'll have to see, I suppose, but I didn't hear anything special.
Hey Deni,

first off, I don't do drugs of any kind

Secondly, graphics are completely irrelevant to me. I could care less whether it's 3D or simple 8-bit stuff. It's all about the gameplay.

Thirdly, I don't expect the story to be ground-breaking in any way, all that I'm asking is that it can keep me interested to move on until the end. And you call a plot of saving the world from an insane clown "mature" ? Um ok, whatever floats your boat.

Fourthly, the Akira Toriyama designs are an acquired taste, I'll admit. Since I thought it was fitting back in Chrono Trigger and for every Dragon Quest installment, I have no qualms with his presence here.

And last, it's a 100% Sakaguchi game, you can't deny that.

No, I don't expect it to be as good as Square-Enix's flagship series, but I do expect it to become one of the many "above-average" RPGs released this generation.

It's silly to judge a game before you even get to play it, wouldn't you agree ?

That's pretty much all I'll say on the matter. I'll comment on the music once I get to hear it later tonight after I get back from work. I don't expect it to surpass FFVI's legendary score, but I do expect to enjoy this one as equally as I enjoyed FFVI.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
niki
Valar Dohaeris

Member 30

Level 41.66

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2006, 08:51 AM Local time: Dec 13, 2006, 03:51 PM #10 of 15
Sounds like it's trying too much to be the ultimate weapon to draw japanese players to the Xbox to be really good, in my opinion.

How ya doing, buddy?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2006, 08:58 AM Local time: Dec 13, 2006, 07:58 AM #11 of 15
It just looks... kiddy. Like an anime where the dude's shadow turns into a blue dragon. It's just such a bad concept. Where's the epic story and the interesting character designs?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Lolman
Syklis Green

Member 279

Level 8.62

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2006, 09:00 AM Local time: Dec 13, 2006, 05:00 PM #12 of 15
Originally Posted by Denicalis
That passage sounds about right when separated from the rest. Final Fantasies suck gameplay wise, as do all the other games that feature random battles. Obviously Blue Dragon is better in that department, as it utilizes upon the ideas of the better RPG's of the SNES era, such as Chrono Trigger, Lufia II, Super Mario RPG and Earthbound. Oh, and the esper system sucked.

The plot of Final Fantasy VI left quite an impression on me when I was 12 years old, but in retrospective... I'm glad I've played it when I was young, as I wouldn't be too impressed by it if I played it now. Sure, Blue Dragon looks kind of kiddy, but I wouldn't judge its plot until I actually play the game.

Also, I don't get why there are people who say that FFVI's graphics were good for its time, let alone generally good. Secret of Mana has superior graphics and it was released a year earlier. You may not like Blue Dragon's graphics' style, but it's hard to argue about their quality.

Now, what makes Final Fantasy VI a great game is the fact that it features the best soundtrack ever, and I don't see that changing any time soon. I hope Uematsu delivers some great music for Blue Dragon, but I doubt it'd be as good as his crowning achievment.

Most amazing jew boots
Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2006, 11:42 PM #13 of 15
Wow. Are you always like that, Denicalis? Chill the heck out and quit with the name-calling just because someone else doesn't agree with your "stoopid kiddie graphics" view. This thread shouldn't have anything to do with the game's graphics, anyway.

I look forward to listening to this. I'll post impressions later.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Check out my original music at my Soundcloud page!

Latest music rips (updated January 10, 2012):

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

Play-Asia - Japanese CDs, game soundtracks, game imports, & more

Last edited by Drakken; Dec 13, 2006 at 11:50 PM.
arch_slayer
ntan1 is a rankmaniac

Member 6464

Level 21.01

May 2006

Old Dec 14, 2006, 12:57 AM Local time: Dec 13, 2006, 09:57 PM #14 of 15
If you really want some more Blue Dragon music, hop on to gamemp3s =)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Dec 14, 2006, 03:14 PM Local time: Dec 14, 2006, 12:14 PM #15 of 15
Music discussion split to here:
http://www.gamingforce.com/forums/al...-7428-9-a.html

FELIPE NO
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > Some new Blue Dragon music.