Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Foods you never grow out of.

crabman
NEWS!

Member 17465

Level 11.09

Dec 2006

Old Apr 24, 2007, 12:57 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2007, 10:57 AM #51 of 73
Soy sauce and rice. Ate that all the time as a kid and I still love it, disgustingly so.

Although now I'm probably a bit more sophisticated and will include cubed ham or chicken into the party. Need that protein.
You're white aren't you??? I have still yet to meet an Asian person who enjoys soy sauce and rice...

Tofu flower, or silken tofu or whatever you call that stuff. Like desert tofu.

That stuff is delicious, i love it when you add the sugar but it doesn't mix in all the way. and you get like really bitter parts and like sweet parts. i dunno might just be me.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Soooo, do I get points for being leet?
Garnet
Princess. ;d

Member 16676

Level 6.41

Dec 2006

Old Apr 25, 2007, 03:43 AM Local time: Apr 25, 2007, 02:43 AM #52 of 73
I'll never get tired of Cheese and Chips,Mickae Dee's French Fries, or Peas. I've always loved those foods. ^_^ I have some foods that I've liked since I was little,will eat them for awhile,get tired of them, and then go back to them later. But those that I named,I will never get tired of.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
CelticWhisper
We've met before, haven't we?

Member 805

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2007, 09:27 AM Local time: Apr 25, 2007, 08:27 AM #53 of 73
Guys guys, Curry.

It doesn't matter who you are; or what country you come from. You enjoy curry. How do I know this? Indian curry gives me horrible diarrhea 90% of the time i eat it; and i'm still willing to shovel it down my throat like my life depended on it.

But really; there are waaaaay to many diffrent types of curries for someone to actually say they don't enjoy any type of curry.
Thai green curry is the best stuff ever. The Thai place by my house makes it so spicy my veins burn for an hour after I eat it, but I love it nonetheless. I also think there's some merit to the "curry addiction" theory. There is a sort of odd "high" that I get when I eat the really spicy stuff, and one that oddly enough does not set in when I eat other kinds of spicy food.

I was speaking idiomatically.

It is not my custom to go where I am not invited.
cstrife0777
Now known as Kishi

Member 9974

Level 8.06

Jul 2006

Old Apr 25, 2007, 11:34 AM #54 of 73
Definitely curry. After going to Coco's Curry while in Okinawa, I just couldn't stop going there everyday getting chicken cutlet curry with some nahn bread. Now I'm hungry for some.....

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Apr 25, 2007, 12:55 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2007, 10:55 AM #55 of 73
I just heated up some leftover curry I had made the other day for lunch because of this thread.

FELIPE NO
Guru
:wink wink:

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2007, 09:34 PM Local time: May 6, 2007, 09:34 PM #56 of 73
One thing my mom always made for me when I was young was the peanut butter and banana sandwich. I don't eat it as often as I did when I was a kid, but if we have peanut butter and we have fresh bananas, it is most likely going to end up in my belly.

I also love Kraft Cheese & Macaroni...I think just about everyone had that as a kid. It's not my preferred meal, but if I'm hungry and lazy, it's perfect.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
<@a_lurker> I like zeal better than guru.
<@a_lurker> There, I said it, I'm not taking it back.
aznanimedude
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 2523

Level 1.47

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 10:57 AM #57 of 73
rice n curry
McD's steak egg n cheez bagel
gotta love that stuff...and only that stuff XD

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2007, 05:21 PM Local time: May 19, 2007, 10:21 PM #58 of 73
Caramacs, truely, it's the food equivlant of Nervana.
Christ does that bring back memories... damn I want a bar of that stuff right now ;__; Didn't they do Kitkat caramacs a while back? My god talk about combining the two best sweet foods around ^.^

There's nowhere I can't reach.
placebo
Banned

Member 22580

Level 4.94

May 2007

Old Aug 8, 2007, 04:58 PM #59 of 73
french fries and pizza. I love the fastfood from childhood!

Plankton614
Carob Nut

Member 3357

Level 6.34

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2007, 07:57 PM #60 of 73
Hmmm...there's so much!

The big favorite for me is the trusty peanut butter and jelly sandwich. It's simple enough that I can whip one up whenever I get hungry. Simplicity aside, it tastes delicious. I prefer wheat bread because it is (supposedly) healthier and because it has much more flavor than the plain, generic, overprocessed white breadstuff. Does anyone have a favorite type of jelly/jam/preserves to use on their PBJ? (Mine is strawberry, hands down).

I'm also a sucker for a nice, chewy cookie. Chocolate chip cookies are good under any circumstance, but my absolute favorite type of cookie is the gingersnap. A warm, chewy gingersnap is pure deliciousness.

RainMan
DAMND

Member 19121

Level 28.96

Feb 2007

Old Aug 15, 2007, 08:16 PM Local time: Aug 15, 2007, 08:16 PM #61 of 73
Unagi. Fried eel roll with a delicious sauce. I could eat that all day and not get sick of it, especially if its included with ginger.

Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2007, 08:48 PM Local time: Aug 15, 2007, 05:48 PM #62 of 73
Potato chips, I'll never grow tired of them, maybe not in the quantities as before, but I'll definitely never turn them down.

Soft chewy warm chocolate chip cookies however never ever get old and never will.

But snacks aside there is this kind of Persian (or Indian or Afghan depending on who you ask) rice that I ate when I was younger that I found absolutely awesome. It was nice and fluffy and it had this aroma about it that smelled great. And of course it tasted great. To this day I only know of one place that serves rice like it at a local food market/food court place down where I go to school.

matira_bay
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 4150

Level 3.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2007, 09:06 AM #63 of 73
Fruit puree, especially the apricot ones. It's always fun and remind me of my childhood whenever I eat those canned fruit puree.

FELIPE NO
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2007, 03:45 AM #64 of 73
I actually sat down and I came up with about 15 items I can just automatically buy at the store...because I realized I've been eating the same things for years, with almost zero deviation.

Highlights:
-Frozen Chicken Nuggets (Pilgrim's Pride brand or anything "made with" rib meat)
-Bagel Bites (the ones with the stuff inside)
-Cup O Noodles
-Pasta
-Rice
-Overstuffed Chef Boyardee Ravioli
-Pineapple Chunks (100% Juice)
-Pudding
-Celeste Pizzas (on sale only...a ripoff for more than $1 apiece)
-Energy Drinks (either Rockstar or Sobe...Red Bull's a ripoff and Full Throttle is shit)
-Salt and Vinegar Potato chips (occasionally Crab Flavored ones if the store has them)
-Grapes
-Bananas
-Left-over imitation crab delight (significantly marked down and you get a lot of it...You have to eat it fairly quick though)
-Eggos
-The cereal I'm in the mood for.

All the same stuff I used to eat when I was younger AND was cheap to boot.

I'm taking over this town...
I'm screaming for vengenace...
I'm shouting at the devil...
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale...
Ain't lookin' for nothin' but a good time...
ShadowVlican
Carob Nut

Member 15238

Level 6.34

Nov 2006

Old Sep 22, 2007, 12:18 AM 2 #65 of 73
chicken wings and smarties ice cream

great.. u got me thinking about food at 1:18am

Elegy
Sea King!

Member 7052

Level 11.50

May 2006

Old Oct 3, 2007, 12:42 PM #66 of 73
I've always been a pasta freak and I love just about any recipe that includes it. Also, when I was a kid my parents would always take us to a bread shop and get these lil half pie things with different fillings inside. I haven't had them in a good while, but they are always delicious. ^^

There's nowhere I can't reach.
RainMan
DAMND

Member 19121

Level 28.96

Feb 2007

Old Oct 4, 2007, 04:27 AM Local time: Oct 4, 2007, 04:27 AM #67 of 73
Sushi. Eel. Unagi, more specifically, is basically my bane. That sauce they put on the crunchy skin...MMM. I don't think I will ever grow tired of this delicacy.

Ozma
Here's Johnny!!!

Member 10311

Level 25.67

Jul 2006

Old Oct 4, 2007, 06:52 AM Local time: Oct 4, 2007, 06:52 PM #68 of 73
Cheese, veggies, tofu, and apple juice. Man, how could I resist them?

Btw, does apple juice count?

kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2007, 01:20 AM Local time: Oct 6, 2007, 11:20 PM #69 of 73
Frosted Flakes. And vanilla milk shakes.

My adult wisdom has told me over the years has told me that there is nothing better than sugar and milk, in most any form.

Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2007, 03:44 AM Local time: Oct 7, 2007, 01:44 AM #70 of 73
You're white aren't you??? I have still yet to meet an Asian person who enjoys soy sauce and rice...
Well, me personally, I don't mind rice with a little bit of soy sauce, but either a raw egg or dried seaweed would come to mind if we're putting those ingredients in consideration.

neus
You're getting slower!

Member 512

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2007, 06:01 AM #71 of 73
Milk and bread. I'm not even kidding. My mom used to make it (I love my mom. I really do. My mom has got to be the best person ever. Seriously, my mom is awesome, I love her.)

My mom would head up milk, and break of little pieces of homemade bread into a bowl, pour milk over it. And I'd eat that and feel like everything in the world was allright. She'd sometimes make us black milk which tasted GODLY -- basically warm milk with crushed, heated nuts. I think it was roasted sunflower nuts but it could have been almonds too. But it tasted like chocolate milk. It was awesome and sugary. And I love the texture of that bread.

I still make it. It's a treat, a kind of comfort food.

FELIPE NO
Lycanthrope

Member 24695

Level 3.41

Sep 2007

Old Oct 8, 2007, 03:50 PM #72 of 73
Grilled cheese and Apple juice is my typical afternoon snack, and I've been eating both for a long time, so...

Also, when I was a toddler, my Mom would make "snacky plates" with finger food such as grapes or pieces of apples, pepperoni, pickles, crackers, Extra Sharp cheddar cheese (It HAD to be Extra Sharp, or I wouldn't eat it), olives, and other things of the like. Now it's not like I do that all the time now, but the tradition of a finger food meal has held to this day. For example, when I have the rare opportunity to eat out at a buffet or the like and can make my own salad, I usually end up with a collection of odds and ends which I will eat seperately instead of all together like a salad should be.

That must also bring back my childhood habit of being "no-touchitarian", where I wouldn't eat food that touched other food.

SunkistTheHedge
Good Chocobo

Member 624

Level 18.07

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2007, 03:16 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2007, 03:16 AM #73 of 73
Brussel Sprouts (i use to call them Kryptonite when i was 8) , Macaroni & Cheese i remember having them always as a afternoon snack

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Foods you never grow out of.