Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Only 11 months until Christmas

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2011, 12:17 PM #1 of 11
Only 11 months until Christmas

This has been asked in years past, but who's still got their Christmas decorations/lights up? Does anyone leave them up year round?

On a related note, for those of you with mp3 players with vast hard drives, do you remove Christmas music from it after the holidays, or do you look forward to getting Jingle Bell-ed in the middle of April?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Jan 26, 2011, 12:26 PM Local time: Jan 26, 2011, 01:56 PM #2 of 11
Christmas decorations got taken down within the first week of January. We still see some people with their Christmas tree still up.

I'm just one of those people that start celebrating the Christmas holiday around the middle of December and then it officially ends for me sometime in the first week of January. The moment Halloween ends at a lot of the malls and stores where I live is the moment when the Christmas decorations go up, and even though I like to hear Christmas music I only want to hear the music once December starts and pretty much end after New Years.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Angel of Light; Jan 26, 2011 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Grammar Errors.
Stop Sign
By the sea

Member 1161

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2011, 12:34 PM Local time: Jan 26, 2011, 10:34 AM #3 of 11
My Christmas decorations go down by the 3rd of January. Always. I'm no fun.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Hydra
Delicious and vitamin fortified.

Member 1243

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2011, 01:07 PM Local time: Jan 26, 2011, 11:07 AM #4 of 11
I strongly dislike most Christmas music and decor, so as soon as people start shedding it I get progressively happier the farther away it gets.

Until Thanksgiving, when they start bringing it back, and I start avoiding the grocery store.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2011, 03:54 PM #5 of 11
I've still got my Christmas lights up on my balcony, but not for Christmasy reasons. I never get around to putting them up until a week or two before the holiday, so I like to enjoy them for a while longer. They seem fine to me as long as it's still winter, especially since other neighbors of mine have the white Christmas lights hanging year-round for decoration. It's not like I'm leaving out a tree or anything.

I've still got the couple of Christmas songs I put on my iPod too, but that's just out of laziness. I need to swap around the music on there at some point.

I was speaking idiomatically.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2011, 04:51 PM #6 of 11
I just confirmed that the downstairs neighbors (the ones with Balcony Cat) still have their Christmas tree up. Then again, they've got signs about washing your hands and removing your shoes before entering, so I suspect someone's seriously ill in there. Might as well make them happy.

How ya doing, buddy?
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2011, 05:40 PM #7 of 11
I took down our tree the Monday after Christmas. All inside decor was put away the same day.

We took down the outside decor on New Year's Day. I would have had it done before the new year, but we wanted to have some snow fall on the bushes to make everything glow a little.

FELIPE NO
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2011, 08:26 PM #8 of 11
We took down the outside decor on New Year's Day. I would have had it done before the new year, but we wanted to have some snow fall on the bushes to make everything glow a little.
And then we celebrated getting the lights out of the bushes before eight feet of snow fell on it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:04 PM #9 of 11
I only got my real tree up a week and a half before Christmas, and I decorated it like a few days before, so I kept mine around for awhile. I took the tree out of the house yesterday as a matter of fact. I intend on keeping my smaller (fake) tree around for a few weeks more.

Every December I spend so much time and energy getting ready for the holidays that I feel like it's a huge shame to take the tree down before AT LEAST New Year's. I guess I wouldn't feel the same if I put it up the day after Thanksgiving, though!

as for my neighborhood, I still see a fair number of light displays (not including the year-round ones). As I recall, I've seen trees on the curb later than this in years past. I guess most of my neighbors feel the same way about decorating as I do.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
LIAR
AND ITS-A ME, WA WA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Member 77

Level 22.22

Mar 2006

Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:35 PM Local time: Jan 27, 2011, 09:35 AM #10 of 11
My roommate is not much for christmas, so we don't decorate (he owns the house) but we did put up some pictures for the holiday party. They're still up.

Only Christmas music I have on my mp3 player is TSO Christmas albums, which I'd listen to all year round because fuck yeah TSO.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jan 27, 2011, 03:00 PM Local time: Jan 27, 2011, 01:00 PM #11 of 11
I don't put up Christmas lights because FUCK CHRISTMAS, that's why. My dad, however, lays white rope lights all around his house and those are still up; mainly because he's out of the country and I don't care enough to take them down. The lights in the patio will definitely stay up all year because, right around summer, those will come in REAL handy when we're all out getting shitfaced while playing vidya on the projector outside.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Only 11 months until Christmas