Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

ChocoJournal -> Version 2.90

bobo
Chocobo Ex-Owner

Member 1

Level 14.75

Feb 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 09:43 PM #1 of 12
ChocoJournal -> Version 2.90

I have added and changed a few things in ChocoJournal. You might have seen the graphics already but they are now official in this release. Here are the changes from Version 2.89.
  • Added cleaner graphics to the main ChocoJournal page and increased the width of the content wrapper so users can have more stuff displayed in their browser.
  • Past 24 Hours: Entries - This is a new feature that allows you to see all of the entries made in the ChocoJournal system in the past 24 hours (private entries excluded). The 24 hour period is automatically calculated whenever the page is loaded. You can access this feature via the "Past 24 Hours: Entries" button on the main ChocoJournal page.
  • ChocoJournal SpyGlass - This is a new feature that allows you to track which journals people are heading to. It will display the last 200 journal loads. In addition, I have created everyone's favorite ChocoPie to the page displaying the journals with the most views in the past 24 hours! You can access this feature via the "ChocoJournal: SpyGlass" button on the main ChocoJournal page.
  • Fixed a couple of security bugs.
Enjoy! Let me know if you have any feature ideas for ChocoJournal!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 09:55 PM #2 of 12
Yay! I'm liking the new features and am glad they're finally up.

I don't know if this present already but how about a way to view if there are new comments in peoples' journals I've posted in without having to check manually? More an easy one click button for each update?

Also just a small point, but if there is a way to have journal views limited like profile views? That is, the count only increases when other people view your journal?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 10:17 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2006, 09:17 PM #3 of 12
Great update, thanks bobo!

As for other additions, is there any way you could make the Past 24 Hours: Entries feature display the private entries of people on your buddy list? Not that big of a deal, but I guess it could help a little.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 12:14 AM Local time: Jul 11, 2006, 09:14 PM #4 of 12
Nice update, bobo. I like the format of the main page, and the SpyGlass gives some interesting stats.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 12:36 AM #5 of 12
Good update. I like the Spyglass feature a lot.

Most amazing jew boots
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 02:54 AM Local time: Jul 12, 2006, 12:54 AM #6 of 12
Great update. The Past 24 Hours: Entries option is a great addition to this journal system. It allows me to view entries made by other people that aren't on my buddy list. I'll make it a habit of checking it each day for interesting journal entries that don't appear on my View the most recent entries for all my budy journals link.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 02:59 AM Local time: Jul 12, 2006, 08:59 AM #7 of 12
Yum!! Another awesome update! Thanks bobo =)

FELIPE NO
"We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each od them lies an IRREPARABLE truth."
- Assassin's Creed Ending
XBOX 360 LiVE ID: B4 Hunter PL
Playing on X360: Assassin's Creed, HALO 3
Playing on PC: Gears of War, Call of Duty 4
galen
lost control then i got it back now my position has changed

Member 655

Level 25.35

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 12:19 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2006, 10:19 AM #8 of 12
Along with the "view most popular journals" option (which we really already have two similar versions of with the "most propped" and "last commented" lists) I think we should have a "view least popular journals" which would maybe pull 10 or so of the least loaded journals at random.

How ya doing, buddy?
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 03:00 PM #9 of 12
But that'd constantly be changing, because all it would take would be people clicking on those journals to move them out of the bottom 10!

Most amazing jew boots
galen
lost control then i got it back now my position has changed

Member 655

Level 25.35

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 10:23 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2006, 08:23 PM #10 of 12
Yeah, see, I already know most of who's going to be in the most popular journals already, and we've had it for what, 8 hours? Expect that to change really soon? Unless one of them leaves GFF or is killed in a horrible car accident, they'll stay there. Maybe even after that, who knows.

But there are some journals who could maybe use a little more exposure who have things to say and who perhaps don't enjoy just throwing words out into the night hoping a passing ear can hear them. (and yes, this is me being vain.)

And for chrissakes, we have two "most popular" lists already.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support > ChocoJournal -> Version 2.90