Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Video Games Live

Tommy Tallarico
Tommy Tallarico

Member 7546

Level 12.13

May 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 09:48 AM Local time: May 31, 2006, 07:48 AM #26 of 524
Originally Posted by Josh_1
Tommy,

Wow ! I'm glad you liked my work! It means so much more coming from a professional composer, such as yourself. Thank you so much for listening! And if you need an arranger, my e-mail is composer_joshbarron@hotmail.com . I didn't get a chance to say this before, but I absolutely love Advent Rising! Muse and Bounty Hunter are so rich in orchestration, and the melodies in them just sing out to me. Anyways, thanks a lot bringing such great music to gamers !

Yo Josh!,

Thanks so much for the kind words about Advent Rising and my career. Much appreciated... especially coming from someone as talented as you. Keep doing what you're doing!! I think it's great!!

Tommy

Double Post:
Originally Posted by DarknessTear
I liked your work on the Tales of Destiny opening. Sorry that that's about the only thing I know you for.
Heheheheheee... thanks! That was a great product to be involved with!

If interested, you can check out all the projects I've done here:
http://www.tallarico.com/index.php?s=credits

thanks,

Tommy

Double Post:
Originally Posted by eriol
I havent had chance to listen any of your arrangement. Do you have samples?
I have a "LISTEN" section on my website which you can check out here: http://www.tallarico.com/index.php?s=listen

There is also my "ALBUMS" page which has clips of everything: http://www.tallarico.com/index.php?s=albums

If you're into orchestral music please check out the Advent Rising stuff.

thanks,

Tommy

Double Post:
We just sent out this information today for anyone interested...

Video Games Live™ Announces Festival & Special Performances for First Ever Video Game Concert in Philadelphia

Exclusive Final Fantasy® Piano Arrangement to be Included in Already Spectacular Line-Up

Events to Include Costume Contest, Guitar Hero™ Competition, Spectacular Prizes and Industry Meet & Greet with Top U.S. Composers

Los Angeles – May 31, 2006 – Renowned video game composers, Tommy Tallarico and Jack Wall, announced the pre- and post-show festival events planned for the June 3rd Philadelphia, PA performance of Video Games Live™ presented by Wizard World. Created and produced by Tallarico and Wall’s production company, Mystical Stone Entertainment LLC, Video Games Live™ features music from the most popular video games performed by top orchestras and choirs around the world, combining exclusive video footage and music arrangements, synchronized lighting, solo performers, electronic percussionists and unique interactive segments to create an explosive one-of-a-kind entertainment experience. A brand new trailer from the SOLD OUT San Jose, CA performance can be viewed here:
http://www.videogameslive.com/traile...anjose2006.wmv

This special performance taking place at the renowned Merriam Theatre on Saturday, June 3rd will be the first time video game music has been performed in Philadelphia. To commemorate the event, Video Games Live™ is pulling out all the stops and opening the doors early to present a pre-show festival from 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. which is FREE to all ticket holders. Tickets ($25 - $65) are on sale now at all Ticketmaster outlets, or by calling (215) 336-2000. Tickets can also be purchased online at Ticketmaster.com.

The pre-show festival will include a competition sponsored by RedOctane featuring the award winning smash hit Guitar Hero™. The contestant with the highest score (song to be announced at the show) will receive a unique one-of-a-kind limited edition Guitar Hero™ Controller and Skateboard signed by video game composers and designers. Other pre-show festivities include a costume contest presented by 1UP.com, where audience members will come dressed as their favorite video game characters to compete for prizes. Finalists will be judged on stage by the audience.

Other prizes throughout the evening include a $2,500 Ferrari laptop courtesy of AMD which will be given away on stage during the Interactive Symphony segment, starring one of the most beloved classic arcade games of all time, Frogger, celebrating its 25th anniversary this year. Two audience members will compete for 90 seconds while the orchestra plays along, changing the musical score on-the-fly depending on what the contestants are doing on screen. This unique interaction with a live symphony has only ever been attempted and performed at Video Games Live™.

The audience will also be treated to a special live performance by pianist Martin Leung – best known as “The Video Game Pianist” (formerly “The Blindfolded Pianist”). Leung became an Internet celebrity after over 40 million people downloaded a video of him playing tunes from the classic Mario games while blindfolded (http://videogamepianist.com). He will be premiering his special Final Fantasy® piano arrangement at this concert, performing over ten Final Fantasy® favorites. Other unique performances include famed Guitar Hero guitarist Marcus Henderson who will be performing a “Guitar Hero Medley”.

The post-show meet-and-greet where fans can interact with renowned game composers will consist of the following industry luminaries and performers:

Tommy Tallarico (Earthworm Jim, Tony Hawk, Metroid Prime, Advent Rising)
Jack Wall (Myst III, Myst IV, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, Jade Empire)
Marty O’Donnell (Halo, Halo 2, Riven)
Mike Salvatori (Halo, Halo 2, Riven, Stubbs the Zombies)
Jason Hayes (StarCraft, Warcraft III, World of Warcraft)
Gerard Marino (God Of War, God Of War II, The Punisher)
Tom Salta (Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Need For Speed 2, Cold Fear)
Martin Leung (The Video Game Pianist)
Marcus Henderson (Guitarist - Guitar Hero)

And speaking of industry luminaries, Video Games Live™ will be giving away a piece of video game history. A unique autographed program with over 30 of the most famous video game designers and composers in history will be given away to one lucky winner by filling out an entry card at the costume contest booth during the show. Names include creators Hideo Kojima (Metal Gear Solid), Yuji Naka (Sonic the Hedgehog), Nolan Bushnell (Pong, Atari), Toby Gard (Lara Croft, Tomb Raider), Bill Roper (Warcraft), celebrity Elijah Wood and MANY MORE!

Features music and exclusive synchronized video from popular franchises such as:
Mario™, Zelda®, Halo®, Metal Gear Solid®, Warcraft®, Myst®, Final Fantasy®, Castlevania®, Kingdom Hearts, Medal of Honor™, Sonic™, Tron, God of War™, Tomb Raider®, Advent Rising, Headhunter, Beyond Good & Evil™, Splinter Cell®, Ghost Recon™, Rainbow Six®, EverQuest® II and a special retro Classic Arcade Medley featuring over 20+ games from Pong® to Donkey Kong® including such classics as Dragon's Lair, Tetris, Frogger, Gauntlet, Space Invaders & Outrun!

Other locations currently on sale include: Houston, Chicago, Indianapolis, Toronto & Los Angeles (Hollywood Bowl). A complete list of tour dates can be found at: http://www.videogameslive.com/index.php?s=home

About Video Games Live™ (www.videogameslive.com)
Created by two industry leading video game composers Tommy Tallarico and Jack Wall, Video Games Live™ (produced under their company Mystical Stone Entertainment, LLC) is the front runner in the field of live game music performance. Video Games Live™ is an immersive concert event celebration featuring music from the biggest video games of all time. The debut performance launched on July 6th, 2005 at the world famous Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles with the LA Philharmonic with over 11,000 people in attendance making it the largest video game concert in the world.

###

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Tommy Tallarico

President, Tommy Tallarico Studios, Inc. (www.tallarico.com)
Founder/CEO, Video Games Live (www.videogameslive.com)
Founder/CEO, Game Audio Network Guild [G.A.N.G.] (www.audiogang.org)

Facebook Personal Page
Facebook Video Games Live Page
Twitter Personal
Twitter Video Games Live
YouTube Channel Personal
YouTube Channel Video Games Live

Last edited by Tommy Tallarico; May 31, 2006 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 10:34 AM Local time: May 31, 2006, 09:34 AM #27 of 524
Originally Posted by beavnuts
Sorry to say, "Tommy", but I think your music isn't very good.
You do know it's actually him, right?

Most amazing jew boots

"Castitatis" (Elfen Lied - Lilium ~opening version~)
The Doujin Music Thread | backloggery
Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 07:01 PM Local time: May 31, 2006, 06:01 PM #28 of 524
Hey Tommy,

Glad to see the your Video Games Live project is expanding. I live in Tennessee, so I was wondering if you'd be performing at a major city near there?

P.S. I really enjoyed your work on Aladdin and Mick and Mack as the Global Gladiators for the Genesis. I've gone ahead and made high quality gamerips of them. Great stuff.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 09:51 PM Local time: May 31, 2006, 06:51 PM #29 of 524
Tommy, this is unrelated, but I'd love to know. What's the composer breakdown for the tracks on MDK (i.e. who composed what)? Or did you and Todd work together on all of the tracks?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Talbain
Quilty as Charged

Member 19

Level 10.84

Feb 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 08:19 PM Local time: Jun 2, 2006, 01:19 AM #30 of 524
I was at the Vancouver show last year and it was fantastic.

If you do come through this area again, would you likely be playing different music from the soundtracks you already have licensed? Do you foresee picking up that many more games for future tours?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 05:18 AM Local time: Jun 2, 2006, 03:18 AM #31 of 524
I'm still waiting for a Phoenix date to show up. Any word of coming around in the Arizona area?

Double Post:
Any word of a Phoenix date showing up? I believe there was one previously but it got cancelled.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by guyinrubbersuit; Jun 2, 2006 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Cellius
Systematic

Member 1343

Level 28.80

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 07:29 AM Local time: Jun 2, 2006, 05:29 AM #32 of 524
Originally Posted by Josh_1
I didn't get a chance to say this before, but I absolutely love Advent Rising! Muse and Bounty Hunter are so rich in orchestration, and the melodies in them just sing out to me.
Actually, I'd like to know whether he did do his own orchestrations, and if not, I hope he credits his orchestrators somewhere. I sent him a private message about this a few days ago but haven't received a reply yet.

Most amazing jew boots
José
Bronx Rican

Member 7683

Level 3.73

May 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 10:11 AM #33 of 524
Thumbs up

I'm waiting for a New York date.

I've just been to a Philly meetup with OCR'ers
where we recorded the VGDJ
anniversary show, but I can't manage to go back there tomorrow
to hang with them for this Live thing. I'm hoping I can organize
my own meetup for NYC when the thing comes here.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
José - Veteran G*A*M*E*R
The GreyFox
Good Chocobo

Member 196

Level 16.67

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 12:39 PM #34 of 524
Originally Posted by Cellius
Actually, I'd like to know whether he did do his own orchestrations, and if not, I hope he credits his orchestrators somewhere. I sent him a private message about this a few days ago but haven't received a reply yet.
That is a good question, because I noticed on the IMDB (unreliable, but perhaps it holds some truth to it) these people are also credited for the music score for the game: Emmanuel Fratianni, Michael Richard Plowman, Laurie Robinson. So it leaves me curious as to what these people did for the music score. Not discrediting you, Tommy! I'm just confused as to who did what and where. Hopefully this can be answered.

Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 11:53 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 10:53 PM #35 of 524
Originally Posted by Tommy Tallarico
Yeah... I LOVE OC-REMIX!!! In fact I'm right about to announce a new Earthworm Jim album and I even have some re-mixes from people over at OC-REMIX!
Do you think you'd ever consider submitting an arrangement of your own work at some point? It would be really cool to have a TT ReMix on the site.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

"Castitatis" (Elfen Lied - Lilium ~opening version~)
The Doujin Music Thread | backloggery
Scottie Wolfe
The Social Riot Machine

Member 3101

Level 1.86

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 01:47 PM #36 of 524
Originally Posted by SketchTheArtist
Howdy Tommy!

A big surprise came to me when I read on the Videogames Live! web site that you're gonna stop in Montreal! Wow! I know A LOT of people who would be ready to do unimagineable things to a bed-post just to attend one of the shows! Me first. o_O

I was wondering, do you guys know when you'll stop by in Montreal for the tour and do you have any idea where it could be held? Molson Centre perhaps?

Thanks in advance!
Ditto on this one man! I know what I'm doing this fall! And I'm glad to see Castlevania's in the mix. Just wouldn't be the same without it! Now if we could only get Hitman in there...

How ya doing, buddy?

Scottie Wolfe
Biographer/Profiler/Translator for JaME

***Visit JaME for up-to-date JROCK info!***
Music4Games
Carob Nut

Member 7095

Level 4.85

May 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 01:06 PM #37 of 524
M4G's report on the VGL show in Philly is now up!
http://www.music4games.net/Features_Display.aspx?id=96

Cellius
Systematic

Member 1343

Level 28.80

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2006, 07:25 AM Local time: Jun 8, 2006, 05:25 AM #38 of 524
I still want him to answer my question about orchestration.

Most amazing jew boots
Tommy Tallarico
Tommy Tallarico

Member 7546

Level 12.13

May 2006

Old Jun 8, 2006, 02:29 PM Local time: Jun 8, 2006, 12:29 PM #39 of 524
Originally Posted by Synthesis
Hey Tommy,

Glad to see the your Video Games Live project is expanding. I live in Tennessee, so I was wondering if you'd be performing at a major city near there?

P.S. I really enjoyed your work on Aladdin and Mick and Mack as the Global Gladiators for the Genesis. I've gone ahead and made high quality gamerips of them. Great stuff.

We are looking at Nashville as a possible location.

As of right now... I think our Houston date next month is probably the closest.

Thanks for the Global Gladiators & Aladdin props! Those were fun projects and good times! Global Gladiators was the first game that the Earthworm Jim team worked on together. After Global Gladitators we did Cool Spot, then Aladdin then EWJ 1 & 2.

Tommy

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Kaleb.G
Tommy, this is unrelated, but I'd love to know. What's the composer breakdown for the tracks on MDK (i.e. who composed what)? Or did you and Todd work together on all of the tracks?

We worked together on a lot of tracks and then I did some completely on my own and he did some completely on his own. Any big music project is always a big team effort... especially when doing orchestral music.

Composers, arrangers, orchestrators, copyists, conductors, recording engineers, mixers, mastering, editors, contractors, etc., etc., etc...

That being said... Todd is an AWESOME composer & arranger who worked with me for many years. He is a SUPER talented guy!!!

Tommy

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Talbain
I was at the Vancouver show last year and it was fantastic.

If you do come through this area again, would you likely be playing different music from the soundtracks you already have licensed? Do you foresee picking up that many more games for future tours?

Cool! Glad ya liked the show!!

We would play different stuff for sure! As well as updated videos and synchronized lighting. All of the synchronized lights (and a lot of videos) have already been updated since E3 of this year. Plus we always like to add and change the set wherever we go. You'll of course always get the classic franchises such as Mario, Zelda, Halo, etc... but they might be presented differently each time. We are always adding new games to our line-up.

Tommy

Double Post:
Originally Posted by guyinrubbersuit
I'm still waiting for a Phoenix date to show up. Any word of coming around in the Arizona area?

Double Post:
Any word of a Phoenix date showing up? I believe there was one previously but it got cancelled.

YO!! You're in luck!! Please sign-up to our mailing list on the front page of www.videogameslive.com

We have exciting news for you which you'll be getting over the next few weeks!

Tommy

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Cellius

As I mentioned earlier there is ALWAYS a HUGE team associated with a live orchestral project. There were a total of 5 orchestrators (including myself) that worked on Advent Rising and yes... they were all credited in both the game and the soundtrack album.

Tommy

Double Post:
Originally Posted by José
I'm waiting for a New York date.

I've just been to a Philly meetup with OCR'ers
where we recorded the VGDJ
anniversary show, but I can't manage to go back there tomorrow
to hang with them for this Live thing. I'm hoping I can organize
my own meetup for NYC when the thing comes here.

Yep! We are working very hard on getting VGL to NYC. It's a very expensive place to play and we need to make sure we get the right budget so we can put on the best show possible.

Tommy

Double Post:
Originally Posted by The GreyFox
That is a good question, because I noticed on the IMDB (unreliable, but perhaps it holds some truth to it) these people are also credited for the music score for the game: Emmanuel Fratianni, Michael Richard Plowman, Laurie Robinson. So it leaves me curious as to what these people did for the music score. Not discrediting you, Tommy! I'm just confused as to who did what and where. Hopefully this can be answered.

There is a ton of info about Advent Rising on my website at www.tallarico.com

Here are some links which have all the specific info you're looking for including all of the specific credits.

http://www.tallarico.com/index.php?s=albums

http://www.tallarico.com/gallery/albums/adventinleaf1

http://www.tallarico.com/gallery/albums/adventinleaf2

http://www.tallarico.com/index.php?s=adventrising

Thanks for the interest! Much appreciated!!!!

T.T.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Dhsu
Do you think you'd ever consider submitting an arrangement of your own work at some point? It would be really cool to have a TT ReMix on the site.

Yeah! I'll be doing that shortly. I was just talking about that in the VGL thread over there.

Tommy

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Scottie Wolfe
Ditto on this one man! I know what I'm doing this fall! And I'm glad to see Castlevania's in the mix. Just wouldn't be the same without it! Now if we could only get Hitman in there...

Montreal will be in the fall. Exact dates coming within the next 4 weeks or so. Please sign-up on the mailing list to find out first.

thanks,

Tommy

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Music4Games
M4G's report on the VGL show in Philly is now up!
http://www.music4games.net/Features_Display.aspx?id=96

Greg in da HOUSE!!!

Music4Games.net is the the best!!!! I highly recommend it for anyone interested in keeping up to date on everything going on in the game music industry.

Thanks for always showing the love! Great article (as always!)

Tommy

FELIPE NO
Tommy Tallarico

Facebook Personal Page
Twitter Personal
Twitter Video Games Live
YouTube Channel Personal

Last edited by Tommy Tallarico; Jun 8, 2006 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Megavolt
Seer

Member 1731

Level 14.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2006, 03:10 PM Local time: Jun 8, 2006, 02:10 PM #40 of 524
Someone has surely asked you about this before, but I was looking through the lists of favorite things (Tombstone is one of my favorite movies as well) on your site and there wasn't anything about videogame soundtracks even though you do mention your favorite movie soundtracks. I was wondering about what some of your favorite videogame soundtracks might be.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
~MV
Tommy Tallarico
Tommy Tallarico

Member 7546

Level 12.13

May 2006

Old Jun 8, 2006, 07:28 PM Local time: Jun 8, 2006, 05:28 PM #41 of 524
Originally Posted by Megavolt
Someone has surely asked you about this before, but I was looking through the lists of favorite things (Tombstone is one of my favorite movies as well) on your site and there wasn't anything about videogame soundtracks even though you do mention your favorite movie soundtracks. I was wondering about what some of your favorite videogame soundtracks might be.

Pretty much all of the ones in Video Games Live! You can view our set list in the story that Greg just printed: http://www.music4games.net/Features_Display.aspx?id=96

If I had to pick one... I'd go with Final Fantasy 8.

T.T.

Tommy Tallarico

Facebook Personal Page
Twitter Personal
Twitter Video Games Live
YouTube Channel Personal
ashaman
Life Animator

Member 964

Level 10.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2006, 03:38 PM Local time: Jun 10, 2006, 01:38 PM #42 of 524
Hey Tommy, glad to see you joined the forums!

I really enjoyed the San Jose concert and I am super grateful that you put this concert series together. I hope one day that you will release a CD or DVD of the series (although I understand if you think it would detrimental to the live concert at this point). I love the arrangement of the Sonic theme(s) and the opening medley with the classic game themes and can't wait to hear them again!

I hope to hear more of your own works live in the future too. The Cool Spot and Aladdin bonus level themes are great, as is the theme to Treasures of the Deep, and Destinationz Unknown is still one of my favorite pieces ever (probably due to nostalgia since your first CD was the first I ever owned). I still use the last 10 seconds of the latter ("say bye bye...") as my WinXP shutdown audio.

Finally, thank you for connecting with VGM fans personally. You are one of the few "big name" composers I know who consistently answers his e-mails and chats in forums with his fans (and anti-TT flamers). I would have never known about VGLive if you hadn't gone out of your way to tell me and get me excited about it when I met you at the SF Dear Friends concert last year (I was the guy from Pixar who talked to you about the Incredibles VG audio). Thanks again for doing all that you do to bring VGM to the fans!

How ya doing, buddy?
Tommy Tallarico
Tommy Tallarico

Member 7546

Level 12.13

May 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 02:38 AM Local time: Jun 11, 2006, 12:38 AM #43 of 524
Originally Posted by ashaman
Hey Tommy, glad to see you joined the forums!

I really enjoyed the San Jose concert and I am super grateful that you put this concert series together. I hope one day that you will release a CD or DVD of the series (although I understand if you think it would detrimental to the live concert at this point). I love the arrangement of the Sonic theme(s) and the opening medley with the classic game themes and can't wait to hear them again!

I hope to hear more of your own works live in the future too. The Cool Spot and Aladdin bonus level themes are great, as is the theme to Treasures of the Deep, and Destinationz Unknown is still one of my favorite pieces ever (probably due to nostalgia since your first CD was the first I ever owned). I still use the last 10 seconds of the latter ("say bye bye...") as my WinXP shutdown audio.

Finally, thank you for connecting with VGM fans personally. You are one of the few "big name" composers I know who consistently answers his e-mails and chats in forums with his fans (and anti-TT flamers). I would have never known about VGLive if you hadn't gone out of your way to tell me and get me excited about it when I met you at the SF Dear Friends concert last year (I was the guy from Pixar who talked to you about the Incredibles VG audio). Thanks again for doing all that you do to bring VGM to the fans!

Yo!,

Wow! Thanks so much for all the kind words!

So glad that you enjoyed the concert in San Jose so much! We're coming back to San Francisco too!

Yep... we're planning a release of the DVD & CD later in the year. We don't see it as being negative... We think it will get people even more to want to come out and experience it in person. The sense of community is always awesome. Nothing like being in a room with thousands of other game music fans!

Thanks for the Cool Spot, Aladdin & Treasures of the Deep props! Treasures was a great game that never got too many props. I really enjoyed doing the music for that one. Really different kind of stuff.

Destinationz Unknown was always one of my favorite tunes! I actually wrote that song over 20 years ago! We played it in my old band... it even had lyrics! I'll have to post the original on my website someday. hehehehehee

That "say bye-bye" thing at the end of the album is actually a recording of my dad tucking me in bed when I was 2 years old! Pretty cool to have something like that still! On my second album (Greatest Hits Vol. II) I do something similar except this time it was with my grandfather.

Thanks again for all the recognition! Much appreciated!!!

Tommy

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Tommy Tallarico

Facebook Personal Page
Twitter Personal
Twitter Video Games Live
YouTube Channel Personal
Gameguardian
Sci-fi novel in progress

Member 2626

Level 32.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 04:15 AM #44 of 524
This is amazing, I just have to write something at a time like this. I mostly enjoyed the work you and your studio did for Bard's Tale, which really got me in adventuring and medieval song mood. It is also fun to see someone in the loop come here to this great forum =)

Anyway, good luck in the future and I wish you all the best.

/ A devoted game music fan since the good old days of Amiga and Arcade Machines

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
"We Must Appreciate What This World Allows Us To Have"
Diversion
Jellicle Cat

Member 68

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 08:35 AM #45 of 524
Great to see you join the forums, Tommy. I remember when the tour was re-reannounced I jumped right on and will be going to the Chicago concert in August. I was going to the Detroit show last year, but alas, cancellations. Wanted to mention how wonderful it is that the tour is finally getting its worldwide debut and that the other shows have been so successful.

If any piano slots or bass/baritone choral open up that you need someone to fill, let me know! I've always wanted to join an orchestra or a tour.

Last edited by Diversion; Jun 11, 2006 at 08:37 AM.
eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 10:08 AM Local time: Jun 11, 2006, 10:08 PM #46 of 524
Hmm, Tommy, may I ask if there is particular VGM composer you admire of, or influence your works? Maybe Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy)? Koichi Sugiyama (Dragon Quest)? Or Koji Kondo (Mario & Zelda)?
Have you ever composed music for a console too (PSX, Dreamcast, etc)? using manipulator, synthesizer, and such?

Most amazing jew boots
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.

Last edited by eriol33; Jun 11, 2006 at 10:11 AM.
Tommy Tallarico
Tommy Tallarico

Member 7546

Level 12.13

May 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 10:27 AM Local time: Jun 11, 2006, 08:27 AM #47 of 524
If anyone is interested...

The Philly show of Video Games Live was amazing! We just posted a bunch of info, pics, stories & reviews of the show here: http://www.videogameslive.com/index.php?story=46

During our pre-show festival the general public could play and compete in Guitar Hero II! It was the first time the general public played the game.

Some quotes from the reviews and articles...

"Crowd is wowed by awe-inspiring Video Games Live" - Philadelphia Inquirer

"Video Games Live is not to be missed. It's mix of performance, synchronization, production, and fan-pleasing fun is an experience unlike any yet seen by the industry." - Advanced Media Network

"I strongly urge each and every one of you to go out and support VGL. You will not regret it, and I promise that you will come away with personal experiences that you will never forget." - GoNintendo

"It was breathtaking! The applause were so loud I thought the building would crumble. It's the #1 video game concert in the world. It was truly amazing!" - FollowingRevolution

“It's hard to describe the electric energy that is present at every show. From the pre-show festivities, to the dramatic top-notch production values, to the wildly enthusiastic crowds, VGL is just something that needs to be experienced first-hand in order to appreciate what all the excitement is about.” - Jason Hayes, composer Warcraft series

"An explosive one-of-a-kind entertainment experience." - Music4Games

Next stop... HOUSTON, TX!! July 14th

YEE-HAW!!!!!!!

Tommy

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Gameguardian
This is amazing, I just have to write something at a time like this. I mostly enjoyed the work you and your studio did for Bard's Tale, which really got me in adventuring and medieval song mood. It is also fun to see someone in the loop come here to this great forum =)

Anyway, good luck in the future and I wish you all the best.

/ A devoted game music fan since the good old days of Amiga and Arcade Machines

Cool!! Thanks for kind words about Bard's Tale. I really liked working on that game and I really enjoyed working on all those singing tunes. Not often there are games based strictly around comedy. Reminded me of working on Earthworm Jim. We did that with InXile which was started and run by Brian Fargo who created and ran Interplay.

Ah yes... the Amiga! First machine with actual MIDI!!! An awesome machine at the time which STILL has a MOD fanbase!

Tommy

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Diversion
Great to see you join the forums, Tommy. I remember when the tour was re-reannounced I jumped right on and will be going to the Chicago concert in August. I was going to the Detroit show last year, but alas, cancellations. Wanted to mention how wonderful it is that the tour is finally getting its worldwide debut and that the other shows have been so successful.

If any piano slots or bass/baritone choral open up that you need someone to fill, let me know! I've always wanted to join an orchestra or a tour.

Thanks! Yeah... it's REALLY difficult to get something like this off the ground. Because we were the first ones doing something like this, each location we go to we have to raise awareness for what it is and what it's all about. It's not like Aerosmith where you just put tickets on sale and they start selling! We'll be there in about 2 years from now.

Another thing is that the orchestras and promoters do really understand what it is and that there is even a big fanbase for this kind of thing. As we prove in each new location we go to... They couldn't be farther from the truth! BUT the other amazing thing about Video Games Live is that we designed it so that EVERYONE can enjoy the show.... not just hardcore gamers or the stuffy symphony crowd. One of the biggest comments we get is how accessible and enjoyable it is for the non-gamer. Which has always been our goal from the beginning!

See ya in Chicago!!!!! Looking forward to meeting you!

Tommy

Double Post:
Originally Posted by eriol
Hmm, Tommy, may I ask if there is particular VGM composer you admire of, or influence your works? Maybe Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy)? Koichi Sugiyama (Dragon Quest)? Or Koji Kondo (Mario & Zelda)?
Have you ever composed music for a console too (PSX, Dreamcast, etc)? using manipulator, synthesizer, and such?

I admire a lot of video game composers such as Nobuo Uematsu, Jack Wall, Clint Bajakian, Michael Giancchino, Koji Kondo & Jason Hayes. My actual musical influences range from Beethoven & John Williams to Sting & Van Halen!

Most of the 250+ games I've worked on have been for consoles. If interested, here is the complete list broken down by platforms: http://www.tallarico.com/index.php?s=credits

thanks,

Tommy

FELIPE NO
Tommy Tallarico

Facebook Personal Page
Twitter Personal
Twitter Video Games Live
YouTube Channel Personal

Last edited by Tommy Tallarico; Jun 11, 2006 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Cobalt Katze
This game will never come out.

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 11:16 AM Local time: Jun 11, 2006, 08:16 AM #48 of 524
Tommy,

It's great to see you posting here I joined G.A.N.G. late last year and have really been enjoying all the discussions and whatnot going on there. Really helpful people overall, and albeit it was non-paying I did get to write my first few game tracks through a collaboration offer there.

Regarding VGL, I went to the show in Seattle and was really impressed. There was definately a great showing of music there, though I perhaps would have wanted an even wider variety! A few more composers from outside the US would have been awesome, but the pieces that were played were all excellent. Kudos indeed for getting to pull it off, and glad to see that despite the early glitches that things are groovin' along!

I would have loved to come out to GDC this year to meet you and other folks in person, but unfortunately timing wasn't on my side this year. As it happened, the event fell right at the same time as my senior recital and graduation from college But hey, at least that's done with and I can focus my efforts more now.

In any case, I wish you well, keep writing great epic music!

And, thanks to Josh, I don't feel so shameless in asking... but if you ever get some free time, I'd love it if you could check out my reel Though I'm sure hundreds of folks bug you about that, so no worries.

~Leif

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Dragon God
Tarantulas FTW

Member 1948

Level 14.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 11:53 AM Local time: Jun 11, 2006, 01:53 PM #49 of 524
First off, thanks for considering Montreal, it's as close as I can make it (I'm in New Brunswick, just east of Quebec).

Secondly, any chance of getting in touch with Treasure for getting stuff from Radiant Silvergun and/or Ikaruga to be performed in the future ? These are two of the finest orchestral shoot-em-up soundtracks and are often discussed here. I'm actually sure a live orchestrated version of "Penta", "Ruin", "The Stone-Like(A full choir piece!)" from Radiant Silvergun and "Chapter 1 - Ideal", "Boss 1 ~ Butsutekkai", "Chapter 4 - Reality" from Ikaruga would be quite a hit.

I'm looking foward to meeting you in Montreal !

Tommy Tallarico
Tommy Tallarico

Member 7546

Level 12.13

May 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 10:52 PM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 08:52 PM #50 of 524
Originally Posted by Cobalt Katze
Tommy,

It's great to see you posting here I joined G.A.N.G. late last year and have really been enjoying all the discussions and whatnot going on there. Really helpful people overall, and albeit it was non-paying I did get to write my first few game tracks through a collaboration offer there.

Regarding VGL, I went to the show in Seattle and was really impressed. There was definately a great showing of music there, though I perhaps would have wanted an even wider variety! A few more composers from outside the US would have been awesome, but the pieces that were played were all excellent. Kudos indeed for getting to pull it off, and glad to see that despite the early glitches that things are groovin' along!

I would have loved to come out to GDC this year to meet you and other folks in person, but unfortunately timing wasn't on my side this year. As it happened, the event fell right at the same time as my senior recital and graduation from college But hey, at least that's done with and I can focus my efforts more now.

In any case, I wish you well, keep writing great epic music!

And, thanks to Josh, I don't feel so shameless in asking... but if you ever get some free time, I'd love it if you could check out my reel Though I'm sure hundreds of folks bug you about that, so no worries.

~Leif

Yo Leif!,

Thanks for the kind words. Glad you enjoyed the Seattle show. It was really important to us to make sure we showed ALL of game music around the world and not just focus on Japan like most do.

We have Mario, Zelda, Metal Gear, Castlevania, Sonic, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and others... but equally as amazing is the stuff from Halo, Myst, Warcraft, God of War, Medal of Honor, Beyond Good & Evil, EverQuest II, etc.

I checked out your reel and it's REALLY great! You should be really proud of your accomplishments so far! You're really talented! I'm sure if you stick with it (and G.A.N.G.) you'll be landing gigs in no time! Keep up the great work and definitely try to make it out to GDC in '07!

We're looking to come back to Seattle this year with VGL so make sure to contact me so we can hook up.

Tommy

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Dragon God
First off, thanks for considering Montreal, it's as close as I can make it (I'm in New Brunswick, just east of Quebec).

Secondly, any chance of getting in touch with Treasure for getting stuff from Radiant Silvergun and/or Ikaruga to be performed in the future ? These are two of the finest orchestral shoot-em-up soundtracks and are often discussed here. I'm actually sure a live orchestrated version of "Penta", "Ruin", "The Stone-Like(A full choir piece!)" from Radiant Silvergun and "Chapter 1 - Ideal", "Boss 1 ~ Butsutekkai", "Chapter 4 - Reality" from Ikaruga would be quite a hit.

I'm looking foward to meeting you in Montreal !

Thanks! Hope to meet you in Montreal as well. Not really that familar with the Treasure stuff. Got any links that I could listen to for consideration?

Tommy

Tommy Tallarico

Facebook Personal Page
Twitter Personal
Twitter Video Games Live
YouTube Channel Personal

Last edited by Tommy Tallarico; Jun 14, 2006 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > Video Games Live