Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] Onionknight Final Fantasy: Smugasfuck Call - You bought DLC, Kupo

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2013, 05:34 PM #1 of 165
Onionknight Final Fantasy: Smugasfuck Call - You bought DLC, Kupo

Japan gets it next spring, no word on Europe or US releases yet.

Quote:
Curtain Call will conduct a playlist of over 200 songs, including tracks from Final Fantasy 14 and Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13, with 60 characters and a "Versus Battle Mode" for rhythmic multiplayer action. The previous installment took approximately five months after release in Japan to make its way to the States and Europe.
Source: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call announced | Joystiq

So, were there any tracks that didn't make it from the last game and its DLC that you're hoping for this time around?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2013, 06:17 PM #2 of 165
I'm curious just how much new material they can put in, given that they got most of the good tracks the first time around. Yes, the iOS version had a few new songs, but unless they're introducing some radically new gameplay, I'm not sure it's worth double (or triple) dipping just to get music from FFXIV and Lightning Returns.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2013, 11:37 PM #3 of 165
How many tracks were in the original Theatrhythm? 200 doesn't sound like a huge bump if they include songs that were previously DLC. There were still some glaring omissions in the song list, and I'd be willing to rebuy for a couple new songs from each game. You Are Not Alone and the Veldt would top my list.

Ordinarily I hate when companies release the same game over again with a few additions (hello entire fighting game genre), but I still play Theatrythm often enough that I wouldn't mind buying an expanded version. If there are 60 characters now then that kind of dwarfs the 5-6 I still need to unlock in the original.

Most amazing jew boots
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2013, 09:14 PM #4 of 165
My body is ready.

If you counted ALL of the 3DS tracks including all of the DLC, and added in the iOS exclusive tracks there are about ~120 tracks total across both versions and DLC in the original versions (the count gets weird because some tracks were changed modes or weren't playable in one version but playable in the other, etc). So even if you want to assume that they're including all of these tracks in this version that's still at least ~80 tracks to add which is pretty respectable. I'm glad I hadn't bought most of the original DLC tracks yet, will probably hold off a bit until we get more details.

Personally I'd be surprised if they include all of the DLC from the first game (it's Square after all), I'm hoping if they don't include it they at least make it compatible with DLC from the first game so you can just dump everything in this.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:02 PM #5 of 165
^^^^^

How ya doing, buddy?

#654: Braixen
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2013, 12:22 AM Local time: Sep 11, 2013, 11:22 PM #6 of 165
In before 55 of the 60 characters are unlocked via DLC roulette.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2013, 02:06 AM #7 of 165
That would still be less annoying than the crystal fragment method.

FELIPE NO
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2013, 06:56 AM Local time: Sep 12, 2013, 05:56 AM #8 of 165
Well, it'll either be 2 dollars a spin or 5 bucks for a pack of 10 crystals with randomly chosen colours.

I don't look forward to either.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2013, 09:37 AM #9 of 165
Yeah, I'm in. I'm like Daravon in that I'm hoping they include some of the DLC already available, mostly cuz I have money for GAMES not SONGS. The main thing I'm wondering (and had made me think about how a sequel would work) is how they can handle Event Mode what with already doing it. I know there's a bunch of cutscene stuff they could put in (esp. from VII - etc), but they've already hit some of the more important plot-ish stuff they could show with the FMVs.

It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2013, 10:32 AM #10 of 165
I wouldn't be surprised if they ditched Event mode entirely. It wasn't in the iOS port, and like you said they would probably end up reusing a lot of scenes. I was never overly fond of it anyway. I'd be fine with just unlocking movies to watch.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2013, 04:32 PM #11 of 165
Event is still in unfortunately But FFT and Mystic Quest are in!

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call Has Tunes From These Final Fantasy Games - Siliconera

Will have music from:

Quote:
Famitsu says Curtain Call will have music from these games:

Final Fantasy I – XIV

Final Fantasy X-2

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest

Final Fantasy Tactics

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

Dissidia Final Fantasy

Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy Type-0

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
Hot.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2013, 05:39 PM #12 of 165
Interesting that they don't list Final Fantasy XV. They should even have more than one song ready by now!

I'm oddly excited by Mystic Quest's inclusion. I remember almost nothing about it except that I really liked it as a kid, so I have no idea if there were any worthwhile music tracks. One of these days I'll replay it to see if it's as disappointing as everyone else seems to think.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2013, 06:17 PM #13 of 165
Type-0 has some good music, and XIV isn't bad either. Other than those 4, meh. FFT will probably make me buy it, though.

Interesting that they don't list Final Fantasy XV.
DLC.

I was speaking idiomatically.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2013, 10:02 PM #14 of 165
Oh that's right, they did have a track from XV (Versus XIII at the time) as DLC in last game.

I don't see After Years in that lineup. Dissidia, Crisis Core, and Advent Children though? I welcome that.

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2013, 11:10 PM 1 #15 of 165
LOOOOL ADVENT ONE WINGED ANGEL LET'S FUCKING DO THIS SHIT

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Tails; Sep 18, 2013 at 11:13 PM.
Scent of a Grundle
Mountain Chocobo

Member 32415

Level 28.14

Dec 2008

Old Sep 19, 2013, 02:50 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2013, 01:50 AM #16 of 165
for some reason i never got into the idea of this game, but if i could buy this version with all the songs included (i have little to no patience for DLC) i might spring for it. From what i can tell the odds of not having to buy at least a good number of the songs as DLC doesn't seem likely, though.

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2013, 10:14 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2013, 08:14 AM #17 of 165
I want Tactics A2 to be represented. A Hymn for the Journey for Field Music and Green Wind and Companions That Surpassed Their Tribe for Battle Music. Luso would have like SSS Strength F Everything Else, and would deal bonus damage to all women-- fuck the girls in your own party, too. They deserve the fist.

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2013, 11:23 AM #18 of 165
Luso's Theme/Summer Vacation would probably make better Field Music. AHFTJ would be an okay Intro/Event song though.

I'd vouch for That Which Stands in The Way for BMS. Companions and Green Wind are definitely some of the best tunes on the soundtrack, but TWSiTW seems like it'd make for a greater challenge.

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2013, 12:59 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2013, 10:59 AM #19 of 165
I figure if something as slow and boring as To Zanarkand can be field music, A Hymn would be okay. I had forgotten about Summer Vacation though. I could agree to that for sure. But isn't TWSiTW just the XII boss theme? I think that's already in the game representing XII. What about Into the Fantasy instead? It's a calm track, but would be hard as fuck, I'd bet.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2013, 01:24 PM #20 of 165
The BMS for XII was Clash of Swords, different tune. I still say That Which Stands in the Way would be a good pick.

Also what the fuck, Zanarkand is a really nice tune, even if everything else about X sucks.

How ya doing, buddy?

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2013, 01:56 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2013, 11:56 AM #21 of 165
I dunno about the 3DS version, but the iOS version seems to have TWSitW, labelled simply Boss Battle. I say "seems to" because I don't want to spend two dollars to find out. But anyway, it should be in Curtain Call already.

And To Zanarkand was okay. It was just too slow for a Field Theme, for me.

I was speaking idiomatically.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2014, 04:33 PM #22 of 165
Not much news, but it is confirmed that the game will be coming to the US sometime in 2014. The UK is still pending for a release date, Japan gets it in 2 days.

- 60 characters from players to choose from, including newcomers from series spin-off titles like Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children, Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy Mystic Quest

- The sequel features a Quest Medley mode, in which players can build and battle through their own playlist of Final Fantasy songs, as well as a Versus Battle Mode in which players can go head-to-head to see who can get get the highest score.

YouTube Video

Source: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call coming to North America in 2014 | Polygon

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2014, 05:57 PM 4 #23 of 165
2014 AND WE STILL HAVE TO WAIT MONTHS TO GET SHIT GOD DAMN YOU JAPAN

I NEED ADVENT OWA IN MY LIFE LIKE RIGHT NOW

How ya doing, buddy?

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2014, 05:14 PM 1 #24 of 165
Was actually going to make a thread for the new one, but this works. Some more tidbits:

-Confirmed to have 221 tracks on-cart, which appears to include every single DLC track from the first game with one exception (the Versus XIII DLC track). Full track listing can be found here.

-You can now customize the chime effect for notes as well as change the volume on it. (HOLY SHIT)

-Video showcasing all (63) of the songs from the non-mainline games (FFT, Mystic Quest, etc):
YouTube Video

-First DLC pack details, will be out day 1 in Japan (which is today). Available now are:

Quote:
FFV: Battle 2 ?BMS?[free for a limited period of time, April 24th ~ May 8th]
FFVIII: Shuffle or Boogie ?BMS?
FFX: Blitz Off ?BMS?
FFXI: Tough Battle #2 ?BMS?
FFV: Library of Ancients?FMS?
FFIX: Rose of May ?FMS?[free for a limited period of time, April 24th ~ May 8th]
FFX-2: Eternity ~Memory of Lightwaves~ ?FMS?
FFXIII-2: Crazy Chocobo?FMS?

Additiona character (150 yen each):
Yuffie (FFVII)
I would suck crazy dicks to have this game right now.

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2014, 06:41 PM #25 of 165
Quote:
FFIX: Rose of May ?FMS?[free for a limited period of time, April 24th ~ May 8th]
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGHHHHHHHHHHH

Real talk lol at Reno showing up as an enemy character in that chime vid, did S-E not get the memo that Reno is the real hero of Final Fantasy 7 or what. You could make an Advent Children abridged with just Reno's parts and I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Tags
Dorkus!, Get Good DLC, Get Good Season Pass, KUPO, Shantotto Was Here, Shilly Shally, Spinning Arrows

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] Onionknight Final Fantasy: Smugasfuck Call - You bought DLC, Kupo