Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[SotW] Song of the Week - WEEK 291 Voting/WEEK 292 Nominating

Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2015, 12:08 AM Local time: Feb 8, 2015, 01:08 PM #1 of 23
Some really cool tunes.

(2 points) Chill SQ - Live A Live ~WARM A LIVE~LIVE OVER AGAIN

(2 points) Azurite Dance - Transcending Time, Returning to the Sky

(1 point) Taiko no Tatsujin Original Soundtrack 'Donderful!' - My Dear Mille-sama

(1 point) Shinobi X (Game Rip) - Samurai Residence (Stage 4)

Jam it back in, in the dark.
I think therefore I am... I think.
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2015, 01:59 AM Local time: Feb 22, 2015, 02:59 PM #2 of 23
Here's a new nom:

* Album Title: L'Arbre D'Un Train
* Artist: Troupe Gammage
* Track Title: This Is
* Source: http://www.discogs.com/Various-LArbr...release/546560
* File Location: Nomination folder
* Disc Number: 1
* Track Number: 12
* Catalogue Number: BKTR007
* Year: 2005

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2015, 12:55 PM Local time: May 2, 2015, 01:55 AM 1 #3 of 23
Yeah, Real Life does get in the way - going to university, getting a job, dating, getting married, having kids, family matters, growing up/old etc.

I'm also guessing Facebook has been distracting a lot of people as well (oh, I need to post that new selfie! Eh, wait, I haven't updated my status on my awesome dinner. And I nearly forgot to upload the photos!?! Oh yeah, I need to wish XYZ Happy Birthday too! And add that new friend I don't even know, and post that incredible quote I saw the other day. But before that I need to let my great pals know my dog was chasing its tail like it was trying to tell me something really important...and...and...). Good thing I'm not too obsessed over it. :P

But I'm still keen on SotW - it's a great source of new VGM for me. And I still do listen to VGM very often. I don't always have a track to nominate and may sometimes forget to participate, but I still like to listen to new tunes and vote.

Are there other VGM forums to go to though?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2015, 04:29 AM Local time: Jun 1, 2015, 05:29 PM #4 of 23
I thought there was some sort of issue with FFS. ^^; But I think that was from years and years ago and I'm not sure if it's still relevant.

The reddit channel does look like it's a listing of links to tracks. Still, there are participants so maybe worth a look? Have to go create an account; have only browsed reddit game topics, never participated.

I don't know of other game music discussion sites that would be ok with SotW, I'm afraid. I stumbled on vgmrips earlier today. They appear to have a somewhat active forum. But have some reservations as they don't appear to be into VGM discussion except on game rips (mainly on ripping, I think). I'm also a bit unclear about some of their forum rules and don't know the workings of that forum. It's also focused on older VGM (they have a very cool VGM selection though).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Elorin; Jun 1, 2015 at 04:33 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [SotW] Song of the Week - WEEK 291 Voting/WEEK 292 Nominating