Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

IDing Music on a Mystery Demo Disc

orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2012, 09:53 PM #1 of 3
IDing Music on a Mystery Demo Disc

A friend who knows I'm into game music sent me a question about a mystery album. It's a long shot, obviously, but if anyone would have a clue I figure they'd be here. Here's his description of the disc and music:

Quote:
I am looking for a series of mp3's that were released around the early 2000's, likely between 2000 and 2003. They were not techno or electronica, but were sort of remixes that were pretty cool and each one was included free on the demo disc of either "PC Gamer" or "Maximum PC" magazine.

One song was an original composition called "driving" with an awesome original female vocal. Another song was called "Dance with me" and mixed together beats from two blues era jazz singers with a cool beat. My FAVORITE was a haunting war ballad that featured trumpets and snares for the music and then overlaid quotes sampled from FDR ("I hate war!") and Winston Churchill ("these dead shall not have died in vain"). The artist included notes with the track that states this track was a tribute to the game Day of Defeat, a mod for the popular game Half-life.

If it helps, I believe that this song came on a CD that was devoted largely to half-life mods such as day of defeat and counterstrike. All of the remixed tracks came from a single artist and were all individually featured on these demo CDs as background music while browsing the disc's contents that was included with these gaming magazines.
Any ideas? Even a list of demo CD's or known musicians that worked on Half-Life mods would be helpful.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SGS
Carob Nut

Member 8502

Level 3.93

Jun 2006

Old Mar 25, 2012, 04:48 AM Local time: Mar 25, 2012, 07:48 PM #2 of 3
A 5 minute curiosity search turned up this link.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2012, 09:31 AM #3 of 3
Interesting! I'll have a look, thanks.

Additional Spam:
My friend confirms that that's the one. Thanks for the help!

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by orion_mk3; Mar 25, 2012 at 09:37 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > IDing Music on a Mystery Demo Disc