Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Modern Warfare 3 thread of not this shit again, aka I HEARD YOU LIKE LEVELING DAWG

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Nov 6, 2011, 07:35 PM Local time: Nov 6, 2011, 06:35 PM #1 of 29
This looks absolutely chaotic, judging by the videos. Not sure if it'll be an awful, shithole mess like MW2 or something solid, lots of fun and actually playable like Blops. Judging by the information and media blitz I'm more inclined to assume the former, but at this point it could go either way. I'm going to wait on impressions, as I'd trust a Treyarch led game more than an Infinity Ward led one at this juncture. (God, just typing that seems so STRANGE)

That said, the commercials are awesome.

YouTube Video

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Nov 8, 2011, 08:34 AM Local time: Nov 8, 2011, 07:34 AM #2 of 29
I've read comparisons that the damage feels like MW1's hardcore mode, or something.

And to be honest I'm actually fine with that. A step in the right direction, most of the frustration comes from lag induced whackiness if you get the jump on a guy and he still turns around and ends you. If he's got less of a window to do that in then that's an improvement.

As for map size, they've stated they changed the design philosophy to encourage flow but retain verticality, which basically means tighter but less choke points. Do you feel they've accomplished that?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2011, 08:26 AM Local time: Nov 9, 2011, 07:26 AM #3 of 29
-Quickscoping is ridiculous, and it seems to actually be worse in this game than previous entries. This is largely mitigated by the smaller maps and sightlines, so there's not nearly as many snipers as I've seen in previous games, but I've seen some absolutely ridiculous quickscoping shenanigans.
::Re-introduce engine quirk that was fixed last round::

u mad, playerbase?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2011, 02:35 PM Local time: Nov 13, 2011, 01:35 PM #4 of 29
FFFFFFFFFFf you grouping up bastards are making this SO HARD TO RESIST

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2011, 06:22 PM Local time: Nov 13, 2011, 05:22 PM #5 of 29
You bought Black Ops after everyone got it and enjoyed it, and everyone got and is enjoying this so I don't understand why this is some sort of epic holdout for you. You're even wasting money and time on complete garbage like Otomedius.
Otomedius turned out to be a disappointment. I wasn't expecting the best shmup but I wasn't expecting it to be one of the worst ones I've played in years either.

I also know more people who have traded in MW3 already than I do Black Ops in it's entirety. You are the only person who's completely gung ho about it that I care about playing with, to be quite honest.

I care more about playing with you guys than playing this particular game.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2011, 06:51 PM Local time: Nov 13, 2011, 05:51 PM #6 of 29
I know a few people who have already traded it in. None of them are GFFers. All are personal friends except for one who is someone I met through Ronz. There is at least one other on the verge of it too, so. I suppose it is a bunch of people you aren't familiar with, though.

I'd say that there is better content but the default "everyone at least gets along with this one" statement is hard to argue against. I'm not saying I'm completely averse to the experience, I'm saying I have something I KNOW I'm going to enjoy more, even if the pool of people I'm playing with is that much smaller. So it's hard to go 'eh, when I know I've got a tonne of other crap to dig through and play in co-op and so forth.

Still considering it because playing with you and russ and Tails has been something that hasn't happened in a while.

UMvC might be better as a post-Christmas thing to be honest.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2011, 07:36 PM Local time: Nov 13, 2011, 06:36 PM #7 of 29
In this case usage is not analogous to enjoyment. I'm not really balking at it, it's that I know it'll frustrate me significantly at times. Wether or not that is mitigated by the time investment is sort of moot.

Example: MW2 was a "bad" purchase, despite spending 60ish online hours on it (estimate? Not sure if accurate.) time with you guys on it. I have no real fond memories of it. Black Ops was a good one, because that was actually fun.

Call of Duty takes a few weeks to really feel out to see if shit's going to devolve or not, and that's sort of why I'm still fence sitting on it. It's not the money. It's not even the time. It's "am I going to enjoy this on any realistic level as I play it or am I just going to get frustrated".

UMvC3 being after Christmas is a time/backlog/play priority concern, not a money one. I absolutely am going to be playing the crap out of Saint's Row, Mario Kart, Skyrim, and Skyward Sword before I even think about devoting time to relearning that game.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Modern Warfare 3 thread of not this shit again, aka I HEARD YOU LIKE LEVELING DAWG