Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Carl on Duty: Black Cops - Holy crap a patch

russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Nov 14, 2010, 01:18 PM Local time: Nov 14, 2010, 12:18 PM #1 of 56
I've played enough to get to rank 23 or so now and I can say that there are aspects of it that I like and aspects that I don't like. The main gripe I have remains in the "I shoot them in the back, but they turn around and kill me with a weaker gun" department.

The things I have liked so far include the fact that the maps are (if not smaller) less wide open, so there are far fewer snipers around, and there seems to be fewer situations on maps where you can only get from one side of the map to the other by way of two or three "hallways". The air support is still powerful, but not utterly dominant the way it was in MW2. I got a chopper gunner earlier and managed to kill about 8 or 10 people, instead of the 15+ that was normal in MW2 with chopper gunner. I like the level progression/gun progression.

While it generally feels "cheaper" than either of the Modern Warfares, in terms of look, feel, sound, it is at least a vast improvement over World at War and is so far somewhat playable.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
russ

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:24 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2010, 11:24 AM #2 of 56
I played for about an hour last night and managed to do pretty well overall, with little blatant lag related bullshit, so that is good. Now if they could just fix spawning so that I don't have three or four of their guys spawn surrounding me all the time, that would be great.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
russ

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2010, 12:34 PM Local time: Dec 17, 2010, 11:34 AM #3 of 56
I'm convinced that my internet connection quality is just wildly inconsistent from one minute to the next. The fact that at times I can be posted up, waiting on a guy to round a corner, start shooting at him, then end up with him killing me, and then see on the kill cam that the timing of the events were completely different tells me that the majority of my problems are on my side. We played a few matches last night where I was basically all over the opposing team, racking up care packages and attack choppers, then the next game, I would be plugging 8 to 10 rounds right on a guy's chest and getting no hits. If I have a 4 bar connection, things generally seem even, but anything less than 4 bars is a crapshoot for me.

I will say that when my connection quality is good, the game seems to have less lag than MW2 ever did regardless of connection quality.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
russ

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2010, 12:15 PM Local time: Dec 20, 2010, 11:15 AM #4 of 56
The red diamond thing for the chopper gunners has been implemented, by the way. If you get a gunner on Nuketown, because the map is so small, you can see guys spawn without the diamond over their head for a short period before it shows up.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Carl on Duty: Black Cops - Holy crap a patch