Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

My dinner be Mo0'ing on my plate.

Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2009, 01:47 AM Local time: Nov 19, 2009, 11:47 PM #1 of 22
My dinner be Mo0'ing on my plate.

Steak.™ It's what's for Dinner.

So how do you like yours? I like mine medium-rare, but on the rarer side. Depending on the cut of meat I may opt for more cooking time, but on the general pattern, I tend to find medium to medium-rare to be the best combination of tender/chewy to the amount of juice I'd still like the meat to hold.

For seafood-based steaks, I tend to like mine black and blue. No more than seared on the outside. I'm one to believe that tuna tastes fishier the more you cook it (sorry, grew up on it raw so any more than a singe on the surface and it tastes fishier to me), so for Ahi-Tuna steak options at restaurants, I order it "Black-n-Blue" and explain to the waiter I just want it cooked enough only on the outside.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2009, 01:52 AM Local time: Nov 19, 2009, 11:52 PM #2 of 22
I haven't had a good steak in like... a month. Dang gonna have to make one soon. Anyhoo I like mine medium. Never had seafood based ones though.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2009, 02:03 AM Local time: Nov 20, 2009, 01:03 AM 4 #3 of 22
If you cook steak to anything beyond medium-rare (on the side of rare) you're a heathen. Just sayin.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Nov 20, 2009, 02:14 AM #4 of 22
How I like my steak and how I actually eat my steak now are two completely separate concepts.

I like my steak medium-rare. Anything more and the meat no longer melts.

However, by doctor's order, I'm to eat all my meat well done. It's because of the transplant; undercooked meats carry the risk of transmitting food-borne illnesses. For most people, that results in perhaps a stomachache for a couple days. For a transplant patient, I guess it becomes much worse, something in the vein of full-body sepsis and a high risk of acute rejection. That's not something I want to experience, so I've obeyed the doctor's orders.

Of course, I really don't care for overcooked steaks, so suffice I've not eaten many over the past year. There will eventually come a time when my immune system has restored itself enough that I can eat pinker cuts of beef without much fear of illness but I'm told I'm not quite there yet.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2009, 02:20 AM Local time: Nov 20, 2009, 03:20 PM #5 of 22
Dangit, Shorty! Suddenly, I have a craving for steak.

Medium-well for me. Not too pink, and not burnt to a crisp. I used to prefer them well-done, but seem to have gone rarer and rarer now. Maybe soon I'll be courageous enough to try it medium rare!

Less picky on the cuts though. I've seen numerous beef cut diagrams, but I still can't tell my rib-eyes from my sirloins and porterhouses.

Most amazing jew boots
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2009, 02:29 AM Local time: Nov 20, 2009, 12:29 AM #6 of 22
All you need in life, baby.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2009, 03:07 AM Local time: Nov 20, 2009, 01:07 AM #7 of 22
I had steak on Saturday night. Then I made tri-tip sandwiches for my friends who showed up hungover the next day. Most of it was rare and it was good.

What can I say? I like my meat pink.

FELIPE NO
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2009, 03:45 AM 1 #8 of 22
I usually get mine Medium-Well. Mainly just so all that extra pink won't kill me but the juices are still there that well done lacks.

Now I'm in the mood for steak too. Thanks a lot.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Malmer
From Shambler with Love

Member 168

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2009, 07:06 AM Local time: Nov 20, 2009, 02:06 PM #9 of 22
All you need in life, baby.

Oh God that looks tasty.

I don’t care how it’s done, as long as something had to die to make it.

Wait, this isn’t some vegan board... I’ll take it rare - medium rare preferably, though I’m not one to make a scene (as long as I didn’t pay for it).

I'm having a bit of a beef-period right now actually.
Just had a period where I was a sucker for chicken. What’s up with that? [/freak]

Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2009, 07:58 AM #10 of 22
I like my meat rare. Although I've recently transitioned to raw. Steak Tartare anyone?

How ya doing, buddy?
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2009, 09:01 AM Local time: Nov 20, 2009, 04:01 PM #11 of 22
Raw minced meat is meant for cat food. Though it tastes interesting when rolled inside something, not unlike how some sushi is made.

Anyway, I don't really care about the level of welldoneniness, as long as it's not dry or still bloody. I've also begun to like fried steaks of different varities (they fry everything here).

Regular steaks. Pork needs to be a bit on the medium+ side to taste the best. Beef needs to be above medium-, but not too dry, since the meat tastes like nothing without its juice. Chicken... just make sure it's moist and spiced well, it's really boring if not. Reindeer, elk (and other game) must not be cooked too much to be delicious.

With internal organs it depends. A big liver steak could be grilled quite well on one end of the steak, but be a bit juicy on the other end, to give it some variety, since liver is quite "boring" in big amounts. A skillfully prepared liver steak is one of the most delicious things I've ever eaten, though. Kidneys are trickier, as they can be ill-prepared in so many ways. I should get into learning it myself (the neighbours will thank me for the lovely odours). Heart is good when it's soaking in its own juices in the oven for quite a long time.

I mostly dislike fish foods, but will eat it if there is absolutely no other meat available. It has to be either smoked, cold-smoked or carefully grilled on the surface to taste like anything. A salmon swimming in its own grease and cream in the oven is also acceptable. Salted raw salmon is excellent in small amounts, and I also have to mention vinegar-jarred atlantic herring with different spices (tomato is my favourite) is nice sparingly.

Just some preferences, but I really don't care that much. Eating good meat makes me happy.

Timberwolf8889
To the darkness of time!

Member 33139

Level 17.22

Mar 2009

Old Nov 20, 2009, 09:18 AM Local time: Nov 20, 2009, 03:18 PM #12 of 22
I like mine medium rare, but if it's a really classy place I'll generally go on the rarer side. I've also had a steak sashimi/tartare type thing in Japan (don't remember the exact name) that was very tasty. I don't have seafood steaks often, but if I do, I like it just barely cooked.

I always get so sad when I see people get their steaks overcooked, pretty much because they're either paranoid or afraid of juicy goodness.

Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2009, 09:36 AM Local time: Nov 20, 2009, 02:36 PM #13 of 22
I disliked both beef and tuna steak when I was younger. Since I'm a piscitarian who's leaning heavily towards vegetarian I've never cared to think about it before but said steaks were cooked for me by my mother, and she likes her steak well done. I'd never tried either before, so wouldn't have been able to ask for it any other way. I remember a lot of chewy texture, not much melt-in-your-mouth deliciousness, and the flavour of the meat in both instances was overpowering.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'll be trying seafood steak again, but cooked to order this time. Then I'll get back to you. As for the beef, well. That's a ship of culinary delights that's sadly sailed

Most amazing jew boots
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Nov 20, 2009, 02:30 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2009, 07:30 PM #14 of 22
Anything beyond medium rare is a sin.

I have also been known to enjoy a blue on rare occasions.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Randi
You may be a sinner but your innocence is mine

Member 33495

Level 7.28

Apr 2009

Old Nov 21, 2009, 01:31 PM Local time: Nov 21, 2009, 10:31 AM #15 of 22
Medium-rare.

Most of my family likes their steak BLACK.

I mean, BLACK.

Whenever I grill, I usually take my steak off the grill a good 15-20 minutes before I remove theirs.

It's nasty.

FELIPE NO
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2009, 03:42 PM Local time: Nov 21, 2009, 01:42 PM #16 of 22
Medium-rare for me as well. I have this really weird reaction to charred meat that usually results in me throwing up almost instantaneously. So I try and avoid that when I can.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Ceres
Now promoted to 'Dwarf Planet' status

Member 3240

Level 19.81

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2009, 03:52 PM #17 of 22
Medium-well. I like my meat cooked and less full of death, but still juicy and less like leather. If I want leathery beef, I'll get some jerky.

Ah! Amoeba
"You mean the movies lied?"

Member 177

Level 31.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2009, 04:02 PM Local time: Nov 21, 2009, 04:02 PM 2 #18 of 22
RARE TO MEDIUM RARE

POTATOES IN A POOL OF BLOOD

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2009, 05:06 PM #19 of 22
Medium Rare all the way.

Best steak I've ever had was a juicy, enormous ribeye from Ruth's Chris... Shit was expensive, but there's nothing quite as good as a steak that comes out sizzling and dripping with juicy decadence. Dip that shit in some au jus, smother it in some mashed potatoes, and you have yourself a dinner suited only for champions.

I've yet to try a famous Peter Luger steak, but I'm making it my mission to do so soon.

Spoiler:
I also like my brisket extra moist.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2009, 07:21 PM #20 of 22
I like mine medium-well. Just a little light pink in the middle. I think the last really good steak I had from a sit-in place was when Ponderosa was still around, although it might have been at Ryan's (or Quincy's... fuckin awesome yeast rolls though mmmm.) before they went to buffet-style only. I've been told there's this Brazilian place here in Myrtle Beach that the steaks are just mouth-watering.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > My dinner be Mo0'ing on my plate.